PDA

View Full Version : Hawks now the title favorite...

JT123
01-20-2015, 07:38 PM
According to Vegas. Is it now championship or bust?
Discuss

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Yep. Anything less than a championship is a disappointment

Real14
01-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Reported.

BuffaloBill
01-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I'll be surprised if they even make it to the ECF

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Use factual data from this season to prove why you think this. Oh wait you can't. You just spew crap.

Real14
01-20-2015, 07:55 PM
END THREAD.

sportjames23
Reported.

BuffaloBill
Use factual data from this season to prove why you think this. Oh wait you can't. You just spew crap.

Hawks are pretenders. Fact.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Reported.

Salty.

Negged.

Mods.

Buzzword.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 07:56 PM
I hope the Bulls, or Cavs destory them. And then / or Golden State, or OKC takes a piss on them.

navy
01-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Over the Warriors? That's odd. Make sense though as Bud is the second GOAT.

Eric Cartman
01-20-2015, 07:59 PM
When it's all said and done, they ain't beating Lebron in a 7 game series.

I could see them destroying the Bulls and Wizards.

No chance in the finals.

Real14
01-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Hawks are pretenders. Fact.

:applause: THAT ETHER.

Real14
01-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Over the Warriors? That's odd. Make sense though as Bud is the second GOAT.
ALSO REPORTED.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Where's your source?

Vegas Insider does not have them as number one.

Golden State Warriors 9/2
Cleveland Cavaliers 13/2
San Antonio Spurs 13/2
Atlanta Hawks 7/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

Real14
01-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Where's your source?

Cleveland Cavaliers 13/2
San Antonio Spurs 13/2
Atlanta Hawks 7/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1

OP making shit up as usual:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
01-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Reported.

6-36 has this dude mad as hell

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 08:04 PM
I hope the Bulls, or Cavs destory them. And then / or Golden State, or OKC takes a piss on them.
Bulls fans so salty they aren't better than the Hawks. "Just wait till were healthy....." And wait..... And wait..... And wait.....

Paper champs that play no defense

BuffaloBill
01-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Where's your source?

Cleveland Cavaliers 13/2
San Antonio Spurs 13/2
Atlanta Hawks 7/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1

That looks about right. Though I'd throw OKC and Dallas in front of the Hawks as well.

Real14
6-36 has this dude mad as hell
out of everybody in this thread, your hating ass decided to come at me:lol rent free like a mutha!:applause:

SamuraiSWISH
Bulls fans so salty they aren't better than the Hawks. "Just wait till were healthy....." And wait..... And wait..... And wait.....

It's only January ... regular season meetings mean nadda. And paper champs? TF

Real14
01-20-2015, 08:06 PM

bulls fans have a team that actually went past tha semis.

smoovegittar
01-20-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm flipping the table here. I'm starting to enjoy the Hawk fan's ruckus... good copy. Better get it done, man.

PsychoBe
01-20-2015, 08:07 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/hwics7.jpg

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 08:07 PM
It's only January ... regular season meetings mean nadda. And paper champs? TF
Funny how every poster on here just goes straight to that blanket phrase "it's only *insert date*" when they know they have absolutely nothing to counter back. Just an excuse to make you feel better that your team can't contend.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Funny how every poster on here just goes straight to that blanket phrase "it's only *insert date*" when they know they have absolutely nothing to counter back. Just an excuse to make you feel better that your team can't contend.
The Hawks are winning a championship, for definite?

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 08:10 PM
bulls fans have a team that actually went past tha semis.
4 years ago come playoff time. They are a 1st round, 2nd round team and have been for years.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 08:10 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-W7-a1Hfg6zI/T_Iqbm_WDxI/AAAAAAAAbig/W6KK-SGaV3I/w510-h345-no/danny_ferry_061312-thumb-510x345-14213.jpg

BuffaloBill
01-20-2015, 08:12 PM
4 years ago come playoff time. They are a 1st round, 2nd round team and have been for years.

http://www.energyandresources.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/image/0003/12279/iron_250x.jpg

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 08:12 PM
The Hawks are winning a championship, for definite?
No, just pointing out the crap you're spewing holds no merit. The Bulls are pretty clearly worse than the Hawks, and come playoff time itll had been 4 years since they made it past the 2nd round (2 first round exits). I'm not sure where all this "the bulls are a playoff team" garbage comes from. It's been YEARS since they've done anything noteworthy in the playoffs. And even when looking at this season alone they look like a middle of the pack playoff team.

SouBeachTalents
01-20-2015, 08:14 PM
No, just pointing out the crap you're spewing holds no merit. The Bulls are pretty clearly worse than the Hawks, and come playoff time itll had been 4 years since they made it past the 2nd round (2 first round exits). I'm not sure where all this "the bulls are a playoff team" garbage comes from. It's been YEARS since they've done anything noteworthy in the playoffs. And even when looking at this season alone they look like a middle of the pack playoff team.

The Hawks haven't made it past the second round in FORTY years

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 08:15 PM
The Hawks haven't made it past the second round in FORTY years
No shit, but you obviously aren't smart enough to understand the point I was trying to make so why bother.

Real14
01-20-2015, 08:17 PM

4 years compared to....:confusedshrug:

BuffaloBill
01-20-2015, 08:18 PM
http://www.energyandresources.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/image/0003/12279/iron_250x.jpg

That's iron in case you were wondering. The irony of your statements amuse me.

SouBeachTalents
01-20-2015, 08:18 PM
No shit, but you obviously aren't smart enough to understand the point I was trying to make so why bother.

No, I get the "point" you were trying to make. You were knocking the Bulls for not doing anything in the playoffs in recent seasons, while the Hawks haven't done anything in the playoffs since the moon landing

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 08:19 PM
The Bulls are pretty clearly worse than the Hawks
Like I said, in Januray.

Meaning, ultimately who cares? It's not a position to brag. Your franchise is a perennial loser, that hasn't won or accomplished anything. No one gives awards for best record in January. Champions aren't made from Nov - Jan.

What have the Hawks ever done that's note worthy?

In the last 4 years, or ever?

Bulls have had the best record in the East in 2011 (league), and 2012. Went to the 2nd round in 2013 with many of their best players absent.

The Hawks just struggled to beat us and we were missing many of our key players, and others were going half speed, namely Derrick.

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 08:22 PM
No, I get the "point" you were trying to make. You were knocking the Bulls for not doing anything in the playoffs in recent seasons, while the Hawks haven't done anything in the playoffs since the moon landing
No you don't. The bulls keep getting te benefit of the doubt it'll all come together come playoff time despite the fact it's been ages since they've done anything in the playoffs. I'm explaining why that makes no sense, and in spite you bring up the Hawks playoff history despite them having nothing to do with what I was saying. The Hawks always get slammed for lack of playoff success whereas the bulls, despite not doing anything for years, get he benefit of the doubt for 1 ECF appearance which isn't even that impressive in itself. So no, you weren't smart enough to understand my point.

oarabbus
01-20-2015, 08:24 PM

:roll:

Droid101
01-20-2015, 08:25 PM
So... since it's not true, can we change the thread title to something like "Hawks still not the title favorite"?

BuffaloBill
01-20-2015, 08:29 PM
http://www.kidport.com/reflib/science/moonlanding/Images/MoonLanding.jpg

Real14
01-20-2015, 08:31 PM
ATLANTA hawks haven't seen ECFS period.:oldlol:

hawkfan
01-20-2015, 08:40 PM
So much salt being thrown in this thread.

LBJMVP
01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
im sorry, but once playoff time comes and its usually gets to the best 8 players playing

id take

lebron
irving
love
shumpert
mozgov

smith
thompson
marion

(the rest basically come in for foul trouble)

over any team in the east, the west is strong and i dont want to debate about that right now, because our team hasnt been healthy all season. but come on... the hawks are not the title favorites. i live in georgia and love this debate because i pretty much get to have it everyday. but cleveland will be the best team in the east by playoff time no matter what the seeding is, and atlanta will be the second best team.

that being said, i hope they play each in the playoffs this season because it will make the series so much funner to watch with me and my roommates.

Real14
01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
So... since it's not true, can we change the thread title to something like "Hawks still not the title favorite"?
exactly. Mods need to look into that.

JT123
01-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Where's your source?

Cleveland Cavaliers 13/2
San Antonio Spurs 13/2
Atlanta Hawks 7/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1

Saw it on SportsCenter a few hours ago.

Joyner82reload
01-20-2015, 08:55 PM
What are their odds, 6-1? I'll put down everything I own against that, hell I'll bet everything at -1000

hawkfan
01-20-2015, 08:56 PM
http://www.kidport.com/reflib/science/moonlanding/Images/MoonLanding.jpg

Eventually, the Hawks will win a championship.

Richesly
01-20-2015, 09:00 PM
So I wonder what the Bull fans had to endure. Once they had MJ I'm sure they were saying "oh man this guy is a beast, we are championship bound baby" just for someone to say "when have they ever done anything in the past"

The past is the past. Spurs were irrelevant before the 90s as well.

A team has been irrelevant at one point. Regardless of how long it is.

Ignorant is bliss, and Real14 needs to be banned.

blablabla
01-20-2015, 09:04 PM
They are on of the worst rebounding teams in the L doe

Richesly
01-20-2015, 09:05 PM

This is true, we do lack rebounding, but as did the 2012 Heat, and they managed to win the Finals.

Rebounding is important, but excellent defense and excellent offense make up for poor rebounding.

beastee
01-20-2015, 09:12 PM
This is true, we do lack rebounding, but as did the 2012 Heat, and they managed to win the Finals.

Rebounding is important, but excellent defense and excellent offense make up for poor rebounding.
Oh, so the Hawks have these guys??
http://millcitysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/lebron-james.jpg

Oh no..I forgot, they don't have anything even close...

Richesly
01-20-2015, 09:13 PM

They had excellent offense and defense to make up for the rebounding, just like the Hawks do.

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 09:13 PM

The way the Hawks play, they don't need players like that. They'd probably be worse with a "superstar". Mike Budenholzer is our superstar.

Real14
01-20-2015, 09:16 PM
So I wonder what the Bull fans had to endure. Once they had MJ I'm sure they were saying "oh man this guy is a beast, we are championship bound baby" just for someone to say "when have they ever done anything in the past"

The past is the past. Spurs were irrelevant before the 90s as well.

A team has been irrelevant at one point. Regardless of how long it is.

Ignorant is bliss, and Real14 needs to be banned.

rent iz beyond free:oldlol:

beastee
01-20-2015, 09:16 PM
The way the Hawks play, they don't need players like that. They'd probably be worse with a "superstar". Mike Budenholzer is our superstar.

:facepalm You don't understand playoff basketball...

Richesly
01-20-2015, 09:19 PM

Come on man, give a better answer than that. I know you can.

Hawks rank top 5 in both Ortg and Drtg. You claim defenses get pumped up in the playoffs, so why wouldn't the Hawk's defense be even better in the playoffs?

How is having a top 5 in both those categories NOT playoff basketball?

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Playoff basketball is still basketball. Your argument will almost undoubtedly be "the game slows down". Hawks are only I thin 16th in fastbreak offense and have a top 5 offense in the league. The are ELITE in the half court. "Defenses get tougher" the Hawks allow the least PPG in the entire league. Their defense is easily the best in the East. That's the typical arguments you hear for "playoff basketball" magically becoming this new sport. The Hawks fit everything you need to succeed in the new sport called playoff basketball.

beastee
01-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Come on man, give a better answer than that. I know you can.

Hawks rank top 5 in both Ortg and Drtg. You claim defenses get pumped up in the playoffs, so why wouldn't the Hawk's defense be even better in the playoffs?

How is having a top 5 in both those categories NOT playoff basketball?
Name me 1 team other than the Pistons in the last 30 years that did not have a legitimate superstar on their team? Plus...I don't see anyone on this Hawks team better than Chauncey Billups, that dude was a stud. I will wait...

Richesly
01-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Name me 1 team other than the Pistons in the last 30 years that did not have a legitimate superstar on their team? Plus...I don't see anyone on this Hawks team better than Chauncey Billups, that dude was a stud. I will wait...

Last year's spurs.

Tell me who their superstar was. I'm not talking about someone who WAS a superstar in the past, I'm talking about who on their team played at a SUPERSTAR level last year.

PsychoBe
01-20-2015, 09:26 PM

http://i59.tinypic.com/hwics7.jpg

they got something better

beastee
Last year's spurs.

Tell me who their superstar was. I'm not talking about someone who WAS a superstar in the past, I'm talking about who on their team played at a SUPERSTAR level last year.
Kawhi Leonard played at superstar level by being their go to scorer and frustrating the best player in the league. Also, Tony Parker, Ginobli and Duncan all are elite playoff basketball players having won numerous championships. Duncan played pretty amazing basketball in the playoffs. Most players on the Hawks have never been past the 1st round. IT MATTERS ALOT.

atljonesbro
The Spurs? That team clearly had no superstars. I don't wanna hear the "THey have HOF's" argument, they were all past their prime. Good players, much like the Hawks wiith Teague, Horford, and Millsap, but not superstars.

beastee
01-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Good players, much like the Hawks wiith Teague, Horford, and Millsap, but not superstars.
You just compared Teague, Horford and Millsap to a team that has won 5 chips and almost beat the Heat twice at their prime? You guys are borderline insane...:facepalm

Richesly
01-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Kawhi Leonard played at superstar level by being their go to scorer and frustrating the best player in the league. Also, Tony Parker, Ginobli and Duncan all are elite playoff basketball players having won numerous championships. Duncan played pretty amazing basketball in the playoffs. Most players on the Hawks have never been past the 1st round. IT MATTERS ALOT.

Kawhi Leonard was excellent and played great D, but he was not at the level James Harden, Durant, LeBron, or Westbrook is.

Ginobli, Tony Parker, and Duncan are all playoff performers, sure, but Teague is also known for lifting his play in the playoffs as well, as is Millsap. And Horford played great in the playoffs in 2011 and 2012, before his 2013 and 2014 injuries.

atljonesbro
01-20-2015, 09:29 PM
You just compared Teague, Horford and Millsap to a team that has won 5 chips and almost beat the Heat at their prime? You guys are borderline insane...:facepalm
What the hell is wrong with you? How in the world did you ever come up with that response? I was comparing them to the PAST PRIME players from last years team. I literally have ZERO clue how you even came close to that response.

BuffaloBill
01-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Last year's spurs.

I'm not saying Kawhi Leonard is a superstar, but if you remember he missed a large chunk of games last season (just like this season), then as soon as he came back the Spurs went on a 20 game win streak (just like they're about to do now that he's finally healthy). He might not be a superstar in popularity, but he certainly is in impact.

Heat would have ran through the Spurs if not for Kawhi TBH

oh the horror
01-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Atlanta fans taste a little bit of success and lost their god damn minds.

It's not just here on this board either. Wtf is going in out there in Atlanta?

beastee
01-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Kawhi Leonard was excellent and played great D, but he was not at the level James Harden, Durant, LeBron, or Westbrook is.
Did you watch games 3-5 of the finals last year? He shot 68% during those games scoring 29, 20/14 and 22/10 while playing shut down defense on the best player in the ****ing world? If that is not superstar level play, i don't know what is. And to bring up Harden (playoff garbage) and two guys who have never won anything (bad coach) only further helps the point. Look, I think the Hawks are an amazing team. Best in the league right now...no doubt. But I am just trying to help you lower your level of cockiness. If they beat Lebron in the playoffs this year I will quit this board.

BuffaloBill
01-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Atlanta fans taste a little bit of success and lost their god damn minds.

It's not just here on this board either. Wtf is going in out there in Atlanta?

I've lived in Georgia so I've seen this kinda thing first hand. There were 2 seasons in recent history where the Atlanta Falcons had the best record in their conference, just as the Hawks do now. You would think they had already won the Superbowl the way the fans were talking. I'm a Falcons fan too btw and I was excited but I knew Atlanta fans were smoking crack :lol

imnew09
01-20-2015, 09:46 PM
That looks about right. Though I'd throw OKC and Dallas in front of the Hawks as well.

I will throw in my Lakers infront of the Hawks on winning a chip

beastee
01-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Tony Parker shot 48% while Averaging 18/5
Tim Duncan shot 57% while Averaging 16/10
Manu Ginobli shot 50% while Averaging 15/4/5

Real "Past there Prime" Finals performances there...I doubt The Hawks will have three players play that well together in any series past the first round this year...And this does not even include Leonard's sterling play and some great clutch play by Boris Diaw and Danny Green.

Joyner82reload
01-20-2015, 09:52 PM
There are more ATL fans posting in this thread than there were Atlanta fans attending games the last decade.

Awesome frontrunning you guys got going on

LBJMVP
01-20-2015, 10:28 PM
atlanta is not winning the finals... sorry.

id rather cleveland get the 4 seed then the second so we can play atlanta in the second round and i can talk shit to all my georgia friends once we spank their asses.

they have all lost there minds here in statesboro, georgia. sorry, that team isn't winning the finals.

BuffaloBill
01-20-2015, 10:31 PM
atlanta is not winning the finals... sorry.

id rather cleveland get the 4 seed then the second so we can play atlanta in the second round and i can talk shit to all my georgia friends once we spank their asses.

they have all lost there minds here in statesboro, georgia. sorry, that team isn't winning the finals.

You go to Georgia Southern?

LBJMVP
01-20-2015, 10:38 PM
You go to Georgia Southern?

i sure do

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 07:05 AM
According to Vegas. Is it now championship or bust?
Discuss

It's not going to happen.

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 07:12 AM

Dallas is not winning anything.

StephHamann
01-21-2015, 07:13 AM
Reported.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eQ8uM6_EcX0/VDxghwgkIJI/AAAAAAAAe34/a_8btF7-mMc/s1600/all%252Bthese%252Bflavors%252Band%252Byou%252Bchos e%252Bto%252Bbe%252Bsalty.jpg

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 07:54 AM

On the offensive boards. They do well enough on the defensive boards:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/rebounds-per-game/sort/avgDefensiveRebounds

poido123
01-21-2015, 08:48 AM

The blatant trolling is getting annoying dude.

2 first round exits WITHOUT OUR BEST PLAYER.

Each year, only the heat were a better team than us. We have runs on the board where your stupid fans are boasting about a bit of recent success IN THE REGULAR SEASON :oldlol:

Get back to us when your stupid franchise has done something in the playoffs. Until then, stfu

StephHamann
01-21-2015, 08:56 AM
The blatant trolling is getting annoying dude.

2 first round exits WITHOUT OUR BEST PLAYER.

This year they will make the 2nd round with a healthy Gasol :applause:

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 09:47 AM
Where's your source?

Cleveland Cavaliers 13/2
San Antonio Spurs 13/2
Atlanta Hawks 7/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=404806

beastee
01-21-2015, 11:26 AM
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=404806
The best part of those odds are the rockets way down at 25-1....:roll:

pegasus
01-21-2015, 11:47 AM
As a Bulls fan, they don't scare me. I know they can beat us, but I know we can beat them too. To me the Wizards are the real challenge. I think they will elevate their game in the playoffs, whereas the Hawks will regress. I like Korver but I think he was somewhat decent in last year's playoffs for the first time in his career. He usually disappears, so I cannot see his hot shooting carry over to the playoffs.

dunksby
01-21-2015, 11:51 AM
The best part of those odds are the rockets way down at 25-1....:roll:

HAWKS 5/1
SPURS 6/1
WARRIORS 6/1
CAVALIERS 6/1
Clear favorites :lol

Cone
01-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Dallas is not winning anything.

:wtf: they got a better chance than 80% of the league including your fluke ass hawks

hawksdogsbraves
01-21-2015, 12:04 PM
As a Bulls fan, they don't scare me. I know they can beat us, but I know we can beat them too. To me the Wizards are the real challenge. I think they will elevate their game in the playoffs, whereas the Hawks will regress. I like Korver but I think he was somewhat decent in last year's playoffs for the first time in his career. He usually disappears, so I cannot see his hot shooting carry over to the playoffs.

I'm not afraid of the Wizards at all. Wittman would get absolutely crushed by Bud, and our frontcourt gives those two bruisers in Gortat and Nene fits with their quickness.

It's also a lot easier to scheme against them when their whole offense revolves around one guy. Slow down Wall and you've got a great shot against the Wiz.

I think they match up a lot better against you guys than us.

I don't think we'll regress though, our style is tailor made for the playoffs and we have the best X's and O's coach in the East. The notion that we're going to be a worse playoff team than a regular season team really doesn't make much sense to me. Hell Jeff Teague is notorious for stepping up his game in the playoffs by relentlessly attacking the basket, which he doesn't always do in the regular season.

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 12:08 PM
The Wizards? :lol they aren't beating anyone. Hawks would easily sweep the Wizards.

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 12:09 PM
:wtf: they got a better chance than 80% of the league including your fluke ass hawks

Who has Dallas beat this year?

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks

Dallas has had very few big wins... Their best player is on the decline... They have no defense and very little depth.

Dallas has no shot.

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 12:19 PM
What the hell? Dallas is clearly worse than Atlanta by a mile. Why would you even argue this? They can't beat good teams at all.

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 12:22 PM
What the hell? Dallas is clearly worse than Atlanta by a mile. Why would you even argue this? They can't beat good teams at all.

The Vanilla Brothers better start playing some D.

Hittin_Shots
01-21-2015, 12:32 PM
I like this new east where it's going to be a surprise who comes out this year more than likely, I mean there may not be as many talented teams as the west but there's still gonna be competition.

beastee
01-21-2015, 02:05 PM
The Wizards? :lol they aren't beating anyone. Hawks would easily sweep the Wizards.
You really believe this? The Hawks are playing great, but to think they will Easily sweep one of the Wizards, Raptors, Cavs or Bulls is just foolish.
First round they should dominate, but from the 2nd round on it will be a battle for all these teams. This is real life, not 2K.:facepalm

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 02:09 PM

Atlanta fans clearly have yet to grasp the concept of the playoffs being a different animal than the regular season.

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 02:09 PM
You really believe this? The Hawks are playing great, but to think they will Easily sweep one of the Wizards, Raptors, Cavs or Bulls is just foolish.
First round they should dominate, but from the 2nd round on it will be a battle for all these teams. This is real life, not 2K.:facepalm
The Wizards haven't even come close to threatening the Hawks in any way this year. Their first game looked way closer than it actually was due to garbage time scoring and the 2nd game? Lol. It would be a sweep. They don't match up at all and their offense looks abysmal when they play us.

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Atlanta clearly have yet to grasp the concept of the playoffs being a different animal than the regular season.
Such an awful argument. Just terrible. To can't counter anything I say so you spew that garbage. Cop out crap to make you feel better about the Spurs regressing that they'll just magically get better in the playoffs. I want facts, not garbage.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Such an awful argument. Just terrible. To can't counter anything I say so you spew that garbage. Cop out crap to make you feel better about the Spurs regressing that they'll just magically get better in the playoffs. I want facts, not garbage.

Lol remember how the spurs sucked against .500+ teams last year? Yeah

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Atljonesbro I can't get to you. I don't know if this is your first season watching basketball or not but judging from your arguments here it seems like it is. You're putting way to much weight on the regular season. Teams play differently in the playoffs, every sport, and it has always been that way.

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Lol remember how the spurs sucked against .500+ teams last year? Yeah
They had te best record in the league vs .500+ teams...

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 02:23 PM
They had te best record in the league vs .500+ teams...

At the end of the season yes, but halfway through the season (like where we are now) they had a terrible record against +.500 teams. Just go back to the threads last year and you'll see idiots like yourself saying "spurs are done. They can't beat elite teams"

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Atljonesbro I can't get to you. I don't know if this is your first season watching basketball or not but judging from your arguments here it seems like it is. You're putting way to much weight on the regular season. Teams play differently in the playoffs, every sport, and it has always been that way.
No, what you're doing is trying to discredit teams for playing well in th regular season. The Hawks play style clear as hell translates to the playoffs. They took the ECF Pacers to 7, very nearly knocking them out in 6 with a far less talented roster. I don't want to hear "the pacers forgot how to play" crap when they went the best round and easily beat the Wizards. The Hawks play style clearly translates to the playoffs.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 02:31 PM
No, what you're doing is trying to discredit teams for playing well in th regular season. The Hawks play style clear as hell translates to the playoffs. They took the ECF Pacers to 7, very nearly knocking them out in 6 with a far less talented roster. I don't want to hear "the pacers forgot how to play" crap when they went the best round and easily beat the Wizards. The Hawks play style clearly translates to the playoffs.

And the Mavs play style doesn't?

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 02:40 PM
And the Mavs play style doesn't?
Probably but still doesn't change the fact they aren't as good as Atlanta at all.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Probably but still doesn't change the fact they aren't as good as Atlanta at all.

The Spurs and Cavs haven't been nearly as good as the Warriors but look at the odds.

ATL_Bball_King
01-21-2015, 03:05 PM
As a real hawks fan, who has been to plenty of games this year, going to the Portland and Atl game next week...

Living in ATL who the hell cares if we win the Championship this year, we are just enjoying this ride and like seeing Salty people hate on us...:cheers:

To me, the greatest fact about this season is that its showing how great of a coach we have now and will have for years to come...

ATL fans please lets not get ahead of ourselves...

Dengness9
01-21-2015, 03:13 PM
I've been a fan of the Hawks this year and the way they play as a team.

But AtlJones......

You are setting yourself up for massive heartbreak, pump the brakes. So much basketball left. Enjoy the winning and hope for no injuries.

Bulls were 62-20 in 2010-11 and were 3-0 against Miami in the regular season.

We all know how that turned out. Atlanta will be a tough out this year and may go far but by no means is anything guaranteed. They might not make it out of the 2nd round even.

Peaking too early is a real thing.

ATL_Bball_King
01-21-2015, 03:29 PM

But AtlJones......

You are setting yourself up for massive heartbreak, pump the brakes. So much basketball left. Enjoy the winning and hope for no injuries.

We all know how that turned out. Atlanta will be a tough out this year and may go far but by no means is anything guaranteed. They might not make it out of the 2nd round even.

This...

The title is wide open this year...East and West

I like the NBA like this instead of that Miami Cheat shhhh that has been goin on in the East the last few years...

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 03:32 PM

But AtlJones......

I've never once said anything is guaranteed. I'm just tired of people trying to discredit the Hawks for whatever irrelevant reason they want to. Avoiding facts and using "if" arguments. I'm still confident the Hawks can beat any team in the league in a 7 game series, but I've never said anything was guaranteed.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 04:22 PM
I've never once said anything is guaranteed. I'm just tired of people trying to discredit the Hawks for whatever irrelevant reason they want to. Avoiding facts and using "if" arguments. I'm still confident the Hawks can beat any team in the league in a 7 game series, but I've never said anything was guaranteed.

Lol so where are your facts? The Hawks won a bunch of regular season games? :applause: Good job. Too bad there's no trophy for that

beastee
01-21-2015, 04:43 PM
I'm just tired of people trying to discredit the Hawks for whatever irrelevant reason they want to.
Real basketball fans that understand the game are tired of 4 overenthusiastic fans acting like this is the greatest team ever. Hawks are great. But to start spewing things like we easily will sweep this team or look at our record against the west just sets you guys up for the greatest let down in NBA history. For a team with such a dysmal past you should just enjoy the ride and have a quiet confidence. All 4 of you will disappear faster than silktheshocker did after the Spurs took down the mighty Heat.

We are all fans of specific teams. I obviously love the Bulls, but am realistic that even if they were 33-8 that I would not be posting threads every 4-8 hours saying how awesome they are. The backlash if the Hawks choke will be unreal, and your fragile fans will crumble. Real Talk.

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Real basketball fans that understand the game are tired of 4 overenthusiastic fans acting like this is the greatest team ever. Hawks are great. But to start spewing things like we easily will sweep this team or look at our record against the west just sets you guys up for the greatest let down in NBA history. For a team with such a dysmal past you should just enjoy the ride and have a quiet confidence. All 4 of you will disappear faster than silktheshocker did after the Spurs took down the mighty Heat.

We are all fans of specific teams. I obviously love the Bulls, but am realistic that even if they were 33-8 that I would not be posting threads every 4-8 hours saying how awesome they are. The backlash if the Hawks choke will be unreal, and your fragile fans will crumble. Real Talk.
Just start getting your excuses set up and be ready to back peddle AGAIN like all you Hawks haters have all year when they prove every wrong once again.

Real14
01-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Atlanta fans clearly have yet to grasp the concept of the playoffs being a different animal than the regular season.
Exactly.

beastee
01-21-2015, 04:56 PM
Just start getting your excuses set up and be ready to back peddle AGAIN like all you Hawks haters have all year when they prove every wrong once again.
I don't back peddle for shit. But when your fans have to, it will be a glorious day.

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 05:13 PM

But AtlJones......

To be fair, Lebron does not have Dwayne Wade anymore. He has Kyrie Irving instead.

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 05:28 PM
Fans need to accept that this will not be easy.

Think about this.... Who have the Hawks struggled with this year?

Detroit
Bucks
Magic

What do these teams have in common? They play really hard almost every night and the Hawks were barely able to get by these teams. When it goes to the playoffs these more talented teams will play hard like the Bucks and the Pistons. The Hawks were able to get by those lesser talented teams, but can the Hawks beat talented teams in the playoffs when those teams are playing their hardest?

When it gets to the playoffs the teams like Washington will play hard like the Bucks do... Difference is.... Washington is far more talented. The Hawks will have to take it to another level, and Millsap and Teague can't afford to shoot 39% like they did in the playoffs last year. Yes, they had their moments in that series... But they will have to play at a higher level than last year because they're not the underdogs anymore.

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Lol so where are your facts? The Hawks won a bunch of regular season games? :applause: Good job. Too bad there's no trophy for that

Atlanta does need something to get excited about.... Hopefully they don't fizzle out like the Bulldogs.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Fans need to accept that this will not be easy.

Think about this.... Who have the Hawks struggled with this year?

Detroit
Bucks
Magic

What do these teams have in common? They play really hard almost every night and the Hawks were barely able to get by these teams. When it goes to the playoffs these more talented teams will play hard like the Bucks and the Pistons. The Hawks were able to get by those lesser talented teams, but can the Hawks beat talented teams in the playoffs when those teams are playing their hardest?

When it gets to the playoffs the teams like Washington will play hard like the Bucks do... Difference is.... Washington is far more talented. The Hawks will have to take it to another level, and Millsap and Teague can't afford to shoot 39% like they did in the playoffs last year. Yes, they had their moments in that series... But they will have to play at a higher level than last year because they're not the underdogs anymore.

Wow... A rational post. You aren't really a hawks fan are you?

rmt
01-21-2015, 05:33 PM
To all the Hawk fans: enjoy the journey. Anything can happen - when playoffs start, everything is reset to zero-zero. Believe me, as a Spur fan - through .4, through 28 seconds left in game 6, nothing is for sure until that clock says 0:00. The downs make the ups so much sweeter.

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Lol at insinuating you make rational posts as you pretend like it's impossible for the Hawks to make it past the 2nd round. It's also incredibly flawed logic he's using that EVERY other team except the Hawks will step up their play.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Atlanta does need something to get excited about.... Hopefully they don't fizzle out like the Bulldogs.

And the falcons, and the braves, and every other Georgia team in recent history.

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 05:37 PM

It's a battle to not get overly excited. I want to... But every time I start to feel overly excited, I start to remember all of the first and second round exits from years past.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Lol at insinuating you make rational posts as you pretend like it's impossible for the Hawks to make it past the 2nd round. It's also incredibly flawed logic he's using that EVERY other team except the Hawks will step up their play.

It isn't impossible, just highly unlikely. And he never said it's every team. It's obvious which teams are giving it their all out there and which teams aren't. You'll understand one day.

Hotlantadude81
01-21-2015, 05:39 PM
And the falcons, and the braves, and every other Georgia team in recent history.

This Hawk team does sort of remind me of that 1991 Braves team though.

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 05:43 PM
It isn't impossible, just highly unlikely. And he never said it's every team. It's obvious which teams are giving it their all out there and which teams aren't. You'll understand one day.
Unlikely :oldlol: .

And lol again at you insinuating the Hawks won't up their play. You really have some personal issue against the Hawks, not sure what it is, but you should get it sorted out. Weird you're from Georgia yet bandwagon the Spurs.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 05:46 PM
This Hawk team does sort of remind me of that 1991 Braves team though.

The Atlanta Falcons circa 2010-2012 come to mind. "Best record in the league, best team in the league.... Oh what's this? The playoffs? No one warned us other teams would actually try hard in the playoffs"

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Unlikely :oldlol: .

And lol again at you insinuating the Hawks won't up their play. You really have some personal issue against the Hawks, not sure what it is, but you should get it sorted out. Weird you're from Georgia yet bandwagon the Spurs.

Georgia isn't the only place I've ever lived, people move you know? I was a Spurs fan before I ever moved to GA.

Are you trying to sound like a complete dumbass now? :facepalm

atljonesbro
01-21-2015, 05:53 PM
Georgia isn't the only place I've ever lived, people move you know? I was a Spurs fan before I ever moved to GA.

Are you trying to sound like a complete dumbass now? :facepalm
Regardless, I just don't understand why you think the Hawks won't step up their play. It really makes no sense to me. Basically nothing you say makes any sense. It's just 'the playoffs are different". It's a lazy, terrible argument. You're saying nothing but absolute garbage because you can't formulate a decent argument to back your point.

So break down for me why every other team will step up and the Hawks will just fizzle out.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 06:01 PM
Regardless, I just don't understand why you think the Hawks won't step up their play. It really makes no sense to me. Basically nothing you say makes any sense. It's just 'the playoffs are different". It's a lazy, terrible argument. You're saying nothing but absolute garbage because you can't formulate a decent argument to back your point.

So break down for me why every other team will step up and the Hawks will just fizzle out.

I never said they wouldn't. Stop assuming stuff. Why are you like this?

I'm just saying don't expect the hawks to dominate in the playoffs just because they're playing well in the regular season. Things are different come playoff time. Stop acting like this is the first time you've ever watched basketball

PsychoBe
01-21-2015, 06:38 PM
remember the year the falcons had the best record in the nfl and got bounced in the first round? :facepalm

was a dark, dark day. however, as a now suddenly long time hawks fan i have faith in them :applause:

triangleoffense
01-21-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm actually from atlanta and live inside the city and even with the significant black population I see more people/black people wearing falcons/braves gear than Hawks.. no one cares about the hawks even in atlanta LUL

MARK HENSON
01-21-2015, 06:48 PM
they will lose to the cavs in 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the eastern conference finals:lebronamazed:

Anaximandro1
01-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Last year's spurs.

Spurs' players are not superstars in traditional sense because they can't play heavy minutes.

It doesn't matter in crunch time ... Duncan single-handedly outscored OKC 7-6 in overtime... and guaranteed a Finals victory over the Heat.

2014 WCF - Game 6 (OT)

3:26.0 T. Duncan makes free throw 2 of 2 104-105

2:51.0 T. Duncan makes 2-pt shot from 3 ft 106-105

1:23.0 T. Duncan makes free throw 1 of 2 107-107

1:23.0 T. Duncan makes free throw 2 of 2 108-107

0:19.0 T. Duncan makes 2-pt shot from 5 ft 110-107

Spurs (27-16) have been decimated by injuries all season long (Kawhi has missed 18 games, Splitter missed 22 games, Parker missed 14 games, Mills missed 31 games ...) ... they managed to survive because they still had Duncan, Manu, Green, Diaw ... the Spurs are stacked with talent.

ESPN RPM 2014-15
(http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM)
1 Stephen Curry 8.74
2 Anthony Davis 6.84
3 James Harden 6.73
4 Tim Duncan 6.38

12 Kawhi Leonard 5.18

ESPN DRPM 2014-15
(http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM)
1 Tim Duncan 5.63
2 Andrew Bogut 4.91
3 Draymond Green 4.46

11 Kawhi Leonard 3.66

That said, I feel happy for coach Bud... let's see what happens in the next few months.

hawksdogsbraves
01-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Can the animosity between Spurs and Hawks fans come to an end? We should be supporting one another!

Coach Bud was Pop's top assistant for nearly 15 years for crying out loud! We've modeled our franchise after yours, you should at the very least appreciate how we're building our team.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Can the animosity between Spurs and Hawks fans come to an end? We should be supporting one another!

Coach Bud was Pop's top assistant for nearly 15 years for crying out loud! We've modeled our franchise after yours, you should at the very least appreciate how we're building our team.

You're right. I hope we meet you guys in the finals :cheers: