PDA

View Full Version : Is Thibs actually on the hotseat?

Joyner82reload
01-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Assuming Chicago flames out this year and does something like finish as the 5 seed and lose in the 1st round to Washington/Toronto, is there a real possibility he gets fired? OKC sure could use a real coach...

305Baller
01-20-2015, 09:50 PM
He runs his teams into the ground. Thats his only negative.

Papaya Petee
01-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Yeah, makes sense, lets fire the best defensive coach in the league from a team that is known to win games on the defensive end.

poido123
01-20-2015, 10:06 PM
Yeah, makes sense, lets fire the best defensive coach in the league from a team that is known to win games on the defensive end.

Don't pretend like you know if Thibs is good for our team. :rolleyes:

He's a good defensive coach and maybe a very good assistant, but the 5 year track record shows that he overplays his starters, he is poor at in game adjustments, he plays Hinrich way too many minutes, he doesn't like developing young players unless he has to, he regularly makes the wrong player adjustments according to the scoreboard.

On top of all that, he hasn't created any identity on the offensive end. We still dribble pass, standaround and our offense is too predictable. Our ball movement is pretty poor considering we have excellent passers.

Just too many negatives for the one big positive he provides. If this year is a bad one, it's time to move on and try a new direction.

TheMarkMadsen
01-20-2015, 10:07 PM
get a thermometer and check the seat

Milbuck
01-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Despite all his clear weaknesses (running his players into the ground isn't the only one) and how ugly this season could end up for Chicago...I think it'll end up okay for them. I think they get out of whatever this is and become what they were supposed to be, a top 2 team in the conference.

But if the worst does happen, he does get fired...and OKC steals him...it's pretty much game over for the rest of the West.

Ariza4three
01-20-2015, 10:15 PM

He's a good defensive coach and maybe a very good assistant, but the 5 year track record shows that he overplays his starters, he is poor at in game adjustments, he plays Hinrich way too many minutes, he doesn't like developing young players unless he has to, he regularly makes the wrong player adjustments according to the scoreboard.

On top of all that, he hasn't created any identity on the offensive end. We still dribble pass, standaround and our offense is too predictable. Our ball movement is pretty poor considering we have excellent passers.

Just too many negatives for the one big positive he provides. If this year is a bad one, it's time to move on and try a new direction.
Thank God Bulls fans are this stupid. Please fire him. Vaughn will be gone next year too and I will welcome him with open arms in Orlando. Just get a good offensive assistant coach.

poido123
01-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Thank God Bulls fans are this stupid. Please fire him. Vaughn will be gone next year too and I will welcome him with open arms in Orlando. Just get a good offensive assistant coach.

We don't settle for "good enough" as Bulls fans.

Maybe in Orlando they do...

He will get you a regular playoff team. Beyond that and your team is too cooked to put a fight up.

Ariza4three
01-20-2015, 10:21 PM

He will get you a regular playoff team. Beyond that and your team is too cooked to put a fight up.
Stop your team superiority f*ggot. The last time the Bulls got to the Finals you were still shitting your pants.
Gonna be so funny to see this team fall apart if Thibs leaves.

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 10:23 PM
LOL, Thibs is not on the hotseat.

b1imtf
01-20-2015, 10:23 PM
So... Can someone tell me what's going on in Chitown?

I<3NBA
01-20-2015, 10:25 PM
Except Chicago is ranked 15th in defense this season.

imnew09
01-20-2015, 10:25 PM
I like him as a coach but I sometimes feel like he's too hard on his players. Way too many injuries playing under thib

Papaya Petee
01-20-2015, 10:27 PM

I'm not even going to answer your other points, because Thibs has overachieved with these Bulls teams as much as he could. Without him you could say goodbye to the #1 seed in 11 and 12, and probably wouldn't make the playoffs the past 2 years without Rose.

Had Thibs not relied heavily on his starters the past 2 seasons, especially with Rose injured, they would not only not be the 4 seed the past two years, they wouldn't even have made the playoffs. He was limited on options.

What Bulls team since 2010-2011 was Thibs supposed to lead to a championship? Even if Rose was healthy since his MVP year, the Bulls had NO chance against the Heat during the LeBron-Wade era. He was supposed to lead the Bulls missing Rose in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 to anything else but the playoffs :roll:

Guys complaining about a "regular" playoff team that has a championship potential this year with Thibs coaching if they can stay healthy. :roll:

Cocaine80s
01-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Stop your team superiority f*ggot. The last time the Bulls got to the Finals you were still shitting your pants.
nikka is from Australia acting as if he is part of the Bulls staff :roll:

Cocaine80s
01-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Also, Cleveland will gladly take him in as an assistant under Blatt :cheers:

Papaya Petee
01-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Except Chicago is ranked 15th in defense this season.
That has nothing to do with Noah (DPOY level player, their anchor on defense) being injured for most of the season...

Genaro
01-20-2015, 10:29 PM
I don't want to watch NBA when Brooks has a job and Thibs is fired.
That being said, I would love if the Lakers get him.

SwishSquared
01-20-2015, 10:30 PM

Chicago's struggling because he wore down key guys last year hopelessly chasing a playoff run instead of tanking post-Deng trade (which he would never do...). Noah's now hobbled, Butler's expending more energy offensively (so he has less in the tank on D imo), and they're riding Pau way too much. They probably had a less than stellar draft moving up to take McDermott when they could have had Nurkic @ #16 and a wing at #19. They're also missing 2 starters and McDermott, who was set to be a regular rotation piece.

Chicago will be alright once they get healthier. He's so loyal to some guys to the detriment of the rest of team, though. Pau should be playing 28MPG and shouldn't be a primary offensive hub so often. Against second units, playing alongside Gibson, he'd be destroying more bigs and would likely conserve more energy. Thibs needs to stagger the rotations better and start developing some young guys (Snell, especially).

He plays Kirk too much but if you really think CHI is better off without him, you're just not being rational. He's an incredible coach. His FO let his top assistant leave due to thriftiness and needs to bring in a better offensive coach (Gentry was easily available for the right price), but again, they don't want to pay. He hurts his team with minutes management, but I still think his positive attributes outweigh the negatives easily.

Ariza4three
01-20-2015, 10:31 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

JohnFreeman
01-20-2015, 10:42 PM
:roll:

DukeDelonte13
01-20-2015, 10:45 PM
thibs would immediately be hired by another team.

I<3NBA
01-20-2015, 11:02 PM
That has nothing to do with Noah (DPOY level player, their anchor on defense) being injured for most of the season...
That would mean Noah is the reason for the Bulls great defense, not Thibs. The mark of a good coach is that no matter who plays, they make their system work.

SwishSquared
01-20-2015, 11:08 PM
That would mean Noah is the reason for the Bulls great defense, not Thibs. The mark of a good coach is that no matter who plays, they make their system work.
It's not like the defensive style he championed has been copied by a ton of teams or anything... Thibs' defensive principles are as game changing as D'Antoni's offensive schemes.

T_L_P
01-20-2015, 11:09 PM

Greg Popovich: not a good coach?

poido123
01-20-2015, 11:37 PM

I have watched them enough to have a fairly good insight into what's good for the team.

We are here to post opinions and that is my opinion on Thibs from what I've watched over the years...

Maybe when your balls drop will you know anything about life in general.

:rolleyes:

poido123
01-20-2015, 11:40 PM

What has Orlando done in their storied franchise career? I'll wait.

You seem to believe they are a top 4 seed this year as I recall, so i really find it hard to take you seriously on anything basketball related. :oldlol:

#Jameerstayslosing

IncarceratedBob
01-20-2015, 11:42 PM
He's a trash coach. Spo outcoached him so many times and that says it all. When you get outcoached by a glorified video editor you are trash

Ariza4three
01-20-2015, 11:42 PM
What has Orlando done in their storied franchise career? I'll wait.

You seem to believe they are a top 4 seed this year as I recall, so i really find it hard to take you seriously on anything basketball related. :oldlol:

#Jameerstayslosing
I stay WINNING. I would wreck your shit so hard humanity would have to relocate to within Wall Maria.

T_L_P
01-20-2015, 11:43 PM
He's a trash coach. Spo outcoached him so many times and that says it all. When you get outcoached by a glorified video editor you are trash

Pop got dismantled by Avery at one point, tbh.

poido123
01-20-2015, 11:45 PM
I stay WINNING. I would wreck your shit so hard humanity would have to relocate to within Wall Maria.

:sleeping

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 11:47 PM
Don't see why he shouldn't be.

Ariza4three
01-20-2015, 11:52 PM
:sleeping
Loser :oldlol:
kek

navy
01-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Greg Popovich: not a good coach?
Just trying to show he was the Goat teacher as well as coach

poido123
01-20-2015, 11:58 PM
Loser :oldlol:
kek

Have you moved out of your mom's basement yet jameer?

:oldlol:

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 12:05 AM
Have you moved out of your mom's basement yet jameer?

:oldlol:
I don't have a basement, and yes I still live with my parents since I'm 16 years old dumbass.

Lebronxrings
01-21-2015, 12:06 AM
do you guys think the cavs could get him? Imagine lebron and co with a half decent coach... :eek: :wtf:

Crimsonrain777
01-21-2015, 12:13 AM

oh i get it. Attack on Titan is the new in-thing in anime so you decided to reference it in a comment. you little ***:facepalm

poido123
01-21-2015, 12:15 AM
I don't have a basement, and yes I still live with my parents since I'm 16 years old dumbass.

Give it time.

That will be your next big move up in the world :applause:

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 12:18 AM
oh i get it. Attack on Titan is the new in-thing in anime so you decided to reference it in a comment. you little ***:facepalm
"new" it's been out almost two years you ****ing newf*g

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-21-2015, 12:20 AM
Absolutely not, unless there are proven, elite head coaches on the market this summer.

SamuraiSWISH
01-21-2015, 12:21 AM
Absolutely not, unless there are proven, elite head coaches on the market this summer.
He might not be available but Jeff Van Gundy > Thibs ... just as great defensively, but better offensively. Would manage personnel a lot better, as well as being more flexible and not as stubborn with game plans.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-21-2015, 12:23 AM
He might not be available but Jeff Van Gundy > Thibs

Wasn't Thibs, JVG's protege? Not sure he is better, but I've always wondered why he never got back into coaching.

poido123
01-21-2015, 12:25 AM
He might not be available but Jeff Van Gundy > Thibs ... just as great defensively, but better offensively. Would manage personnel a lot better, as well as being more flexible and not as stubborn with game plans.

I'd love to see Jeff coach this team :applause:

triangleoffense
01-21-2015, 12:32 AM

Who else is out there though? Any way if you fire Thibs you take a huge chance on a very small coaching pool.

YouGotServed
01-21-2015, 12:33 AM
lmao @ Chi fans wanting to fire thibs and hire Jeff van gundy.

Thibs was Jeff's assistant for a long time. They're basically the same person coaching wise.

do people even watch basketball?

poido123
01-21-2015, 12:36 AM
Who else is out there though? Any way if you fire Thibs you take a huge chance on a very small coaching pool.

I don't know man, I guess I'd rather take my chances than be an annual playoff team which never goes any further.

I think the coaching change would need to be for another quality coach though. Not Mike Brown or someone like that.

TheMarkMadsen
01-21-2015, 12:37 AM

jameer the boy who never ages

triangleoffense
01-21-2015, 12:39 AM
lmao @ Chi fans wanting to fire thibs and hire Jeff van gundy.

Thibs was Jeff's assistant for a long time. They're basically the same person coaching wise.

do people even watch basketball?
lol still a hating ****** i see

YouGotServed
01-21-2015, 12:44 AM

I don't know who you are.

RENT FREE.

poido123
01-21-2015, 12:44 AM

Houston forever the treadmill team.

Howard and Harden has him fooled, poor guy :oldlol:

triangleoffense
01-21-2015, 12:53 AM
Houston forever the treadmill team.

Howard and Harden has him fooled, poor guy :oldlol:
lol is that his team? I knew him when i first joined and he had another usename, would make fun of my choice of women on the otc social except that he's too scared to post any pics of his pathetic life :oldlol

LOL probably has multiple accounts with just as many posts =/

poido123
01-21-2015, 12:56 AM
lol is that his team? I knew him when i first joined and he had another usename, would make fun of my choice of women on the otc social except that he's too scared to post any pics of his pathetic life :oldlol

LOL probably has multiple accounts with just as many posts =/

He's alright though.

I find other posters here way more annoying...

triangleoffense
01-21-2015, 12:58 AM
He's alright though.

I find other posters here way more annoying...
There are a lot of gimmick accounts on here that exist solely for the purpose of trolling, what's funny in his case is that he presents himself as an actual person. Seriously I'm still lol'ing that he still posts on here

YouGotServed
01-21-2015, 01:01 AM
Don't even remember who this guy is. :oldlol: Must have really hit a nerve doe. YGS stays living rent free.

sportsfan76
01-21-2015, 02:26 AM
He should have been on the hotseat in 2012 when he allowed his team to lose to the 76ers in the 1st round

But Anything less than the ECF and next he should be fired

3ball
01-21-2015, 02:46 AM
Thibbs gets too much credit anyway... i understand that he came up with the strategies that allowed defenses to combat spacing strategy and defensive 3 seconds, which allowed teams to maintain the same level of defensive effectiveness as previous eras.

Thibbs deserves credit for this, but even if he'd never developed the strategies, someone else would have out of sheer necessity, so that defensive effectiveness wasn't obliterated in light of the massive advantages that spacing and defensive 3 seconds gave to offenses... the spacing and rule changes simply necessitated new defensive strategy - GM Daryl Morey says just that: “A lot of the defensive strategies you see now are a NATURAL EVOLUTION from rule changes”.. http://www.quotetimes.com/people/51429/daryl-morey

And now EVERYONE is using the same defensive strategies, since they are optimal for defending spacing and mitigating defensive 3 seconds... Since EVERYONE is using the same strategy, Thibbs' isn't really needed anymore... he's obsolete... his luster is gone... it's not 2010 anymore... :confusedshrug:

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 02:50 AM
Thibbs gets too much credit anyway... i understand that he came up with the strategies that allowed defenses to combat spacing strategy and defensive 3 seconds, which allowed teams to maintain the same level of defensive effectiveness as previous eras.

Thibbs deserves credit for this, but even if he'd never developed the strategies, someone else would have out of sheer necessity, so defensive effectiveness wasn't obliterated in light of the massive advantages that spacing and defensive 3 seconds gave to offenses... the spacing and rule changes simply necessitated new defensive strategy - GM Daryl Morey says just that: “A lot of the defensive strategies you see now are a NATURAL EVOLUTION from rule changes”.. http://www.quotetimes.com/people/51429/daryl-morey

And now EVERYONE is using the same defensive strategies, since they are optimal for defending spacing and mitigating defensive 3 seconds... Since EVERYONE is using the same strategy, Thibbs' isn't really needed anymore... he's obsolete... his luster is gone... it's not 2010 anymore... :confusedshrug:
Shut the **** up.

poido123
01-21-2015, 03:03 AM
Shut the **** up.

Stays angry :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
01-21-2015, 04:31 AM
How much more help does Rose need? :rolleyes:

dunksby
01-21-2015, 04:44 AM
He doesn't have a magic wand, your defense is as good as your defenders, going by your logic Thibs teams would have to be the same defensively, playing either one of these players Joakim Noah/Tyson Chandler/Andrea Bargnani/Hasheem Thabeet.

poido123
01-21-2015, 08:41 AM
How much more help does Rose need? :rolleyes:

Rose has done everything he can. The team is playing like ass.

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 08:41 AM
Top ****ing kek

poido123
01-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Top ****ing kek

Get a job

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Get a job
I have one jackass :oldlol:

poido123
01-21-2015, 08:57 AM
I have one jackass :oldlol:

Humor me. What is It? :lol

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 09:01 AM
Humor me. What is It? :lol
Not telling you bud. I don't want you knowing where I work.

YouGotServed
01-21-2015, 10:40 AM

:roll: How many games has he sat down because his ankle feels funny?

Take off your homer glasses, poido.

sportsfan76
01-21-2015, 10:54 AM

The coach is coaching ass

triangleoffense
01-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Don't even remember who this guy is. :oldlol: Must have really hit a nerve doe. YGS stays living rent free.
lol still mad as always iguess

YouGotServed
01-21-2015, 09:19 PM
lol still mad as always iguess

RENT FREE. :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
01-21-2015, 09:21 PM
damn, YGS going in

Joyner82reload
01-21-2015, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=3ball]Thibbs gets too much credit anyway... i understand that he came up with the strategies that allowed defenses to combat spacing strategy and defensive 3 seconds, which allowed teams to maintain the same level of defensive effectiveness as previous eras.

Thibbs deserves credit for this, but even if he'd never developed the strategies, someone else would have out of sheer necessity, so that defensive effectiveness wasn't obliterated in light of the massive advantages that spacing and defensive 3 seconds gave to offenses... the spacing and rule changes simply necessitated new defensive strategy - GM Daryl Morey says just that:

3ball
01-21-2015, 10:51 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/573113292e852dcb8f5fe242c53e3982.gif

I keep rereading this attempting to find the thinly veiled Jordan reference

oh, it's in there - today's defensive strategies were designed by Thibbs to combat spacing and the new rules, particularly defensive 3 seconds... in the absence of spacing and the new rules, today's defensive strategies aren't applicable or relevant.

does it LOOK like a strong-side flood is needed in the GIF above?.. that would be like telling a girl with double FF's that she needs a boob job.

now that offenses have spacing and defenders can't camp in the paint anymore, today's strategies merely prevent defensive effectiveness from being worse than previous eras, when there was NO spacing and defenders COULD camp in the paint.

Ultimately, Thibbs' strategies just aren't proprietary anymore - EVERYONE uses them - they are completely standard for all teams at this point... so his luster and value-add has been drastically reduced... he's more or less just another coach at this point... #realtalk

poido123
01-22-2015, 12:18 AM
:roll: How many games has he sat down because his ankle feels funny?

Take off your homer glasses, poido.

He's doing the right thing.

With what's happened to his knees, he has to be cautious.

Nobody thought Rose could come back from what he's been through. look at him now.

The guy has worked his backside off to get back to playing at a high level. Not easy.

poido123
01-22-2015, 12:19 AM

What TYPE of work do you do?

I don't want to know where :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
01-22-2015, 12:23 AM

You don't want him coming down to the Wendy's near Disney World and giving you a hard time?

triangleoffense
01-22-2015, 12:27 AM
RENT FREE. :oldlol:
lol stay mad that Houston gonna get ganked in the 1st or 2nd round