PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger nostalgia

artificial
01-21-2015, 02:41 AM
Damn this kid used to be a franchise player... These days he is barely a bench player.

F*ck injuries. What's weird is that he didn't even seem to rely on his athleticism that much. But he never came back from those injuries. He wasn't going to be in dispute for MVP, but he was developing into a capable franchise player, and I was excited to see how he and George would lead the Pacers. I loved his style. Did a little bit of everything on the court, if just a little too reliant on the outside shot.

This is for the good days :cry:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/71415/DannyASDunk.jpg

CeltsGarlic
01-21-2015, 02:51 AM
Yeah, I remember those series vs bulls in '11... Good times.

CeltsGarlic
01-21-2015, 02:53 AM
We used to call it Indiana Grangers back in 2k9 times cause they were so reliant on him, and he was famous among us because he used to be unstoppable on 2k :lol

RightTwoCensor
01-21-2015, 02:55 AM
He's nearly the same player as Rudy Gay. The biggest difference was that Granger played through the motion of games and complemented team ball.

artificial
01-21-2015, 03:02 AM
He's nearly the same player as Rudy Gay. The biggest difference was that Granger played through the motion of games and complemented team ball.
With all due respect I do not see the resemblance. Gay is an ultra athletic wing with a good(?) jump shot, and deficient leader skills. Prime Granger was a 3 point shooter that could slash, hit the boards, and was a good leader.

Although I agree with Granger being better at team ball, I just don't see it...

Sharmer
01-21-2015, 03:03 AM
He had back to back 20 pt games in December. But Spo is one of the worst coaches in league to be a come back players unless you're a star.

Bigsmoke
01-21-2015, 03:07 AM
Danny was good against the Bulls in 2011.

RightTwoCensor
01-21-2015, 03:23 AM
With all due respect I do not see the resemblance. Gay is an ultra athletic wing with a good(?) jump shot, and deficient leader skills. Prime Granger was a 3 point shooter that could slash, hit the boards, and was a good leader.

Although I agree with Granger being better at team ball, I just don't see it...
Throughout their first 7 seasons...

http://bkref.com/tiny/2DAmf

Everything from per game averages to advanced stats support my response.

stephanieg
01-21-2015, 03:39 AM
Granny Danger will be missed. Remember when Pierce fell on him and his teeth exploded?

CeltsGarlic
01-21-2015, 03:43 AM
Danny was good against the Bulls in 2011.
He was, he was..

Done_And_Done
01-21-2015, 05:16 AM
I also appreciated his unrelenting toughness. The guy was an enforcer and a bit of a nuttcase who would be quick to defend any of his teammates when needed. He seemed like one of those dudes you didn't wanna get on the wrong side of.

VIP2000
01-21-2015, 08:34 AM
Well, he always has that civil engineering degree to fall back on. :cheers:

MrRogers
01-21-2015, 08:42 AM
DG was that dude. One of my favorite players for a while. Damn injuries and the rise of Paul George made him a memory.

artificial
01-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Throughout their first 7 seasons...

http://bkref.com/tiny/2DAmf

Everything from per game averages to advanced stats support my response.
Pretty striking similarities there. I honestly had no idea.

However I wasn't talking about stats, I meant the style they played. I'm sure you can remember that neither their leadership skills, nor their games felt similar when you watched them play. Their playing styles were fairly different.

Anyway, if you think they were similar let's agree to disagree. I have no idea where you see the similarities other than stats, but then again similarity in games is subjective.

AboutBuckets
01-21-2015, 11:18 AM
Pretty striking similarities there. I honestly had no idea.

However I wasn't talking about stats, I meant the style they played. I'm sure you can remember that neither their leadership skills, nor their games felt similar when you watched them play. Their playing styles were fairly different.

Anyway, if you think they were similar let's agree to disagree. I have no idea where you see the similarities other than stats, but then again similarity in games is subjective.

Just goes to show how hard it is to compare people simply by looking at numerical quantification, which we fall especially victim to when comparing across eras