PDA

View Full Version : Why do players never recover from major injuries?

sundizz
01-21-2015, 07:37 AM
It seems like almost (90%+) players that have had a serious injury (such as ACL) do not recover to what they previously were.

As someone that tore my ACL 7 months ago I just simply don't get it. What is it that doesn't allow us/NBA players to not be the person they were before?

I am pretty much recovered and actually much stronger in areas (due to rehab) , but my hooping is much worse for some reason. I simply don't catch fire and have that Curry fire feeling anymore. Is it a mental thing, or is it that our bodies just feel differently and don't have that million repetitions understanding anymore (since it feels different).

Who are some players that were at an All-Star or better level and came back from a major injury?

keep-itreal
01-21-2015, 07:40 AM
comparing pick up game level to NBA level:roll:

CeltsGarlic
01-21-2015, 07:48 AM
Yeah, how they dont recover from something that will make them worse at the only thing theyre good?

TaLvsCuaL
01-21-2015, 07:51 AM
Even the trolls are getting worse in this board :facepalm

StephHamann
01-21-2015, 07:56 AM
Jordan played even better with the flu, GOAT :applause:

RightTwoCensor
01-21-2015, 07:59 AM
Even the trolls are getting worse in this board :facepalm
This.

Angel Face
01-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Jordan played even better with the flu, GOAT :applause:

He also played better the following years after breaking his foot during his sophomore year. :applause:

sundizz
01-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Not trolling, just serious. It seems like a lot of players look like they've recovered fully physically but they never seem to be as good as they were before. I understand it a bit better now having had a major injury but it still confuses me - I feel like I'll get back to where I was given a little bit more time.

Rose - MVP to his awful abilities now
Granger - All-Star to turrible

I guess I'm wrong though....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1177651-10-nba-players-that-suffered-torn-acls-and-recovered-better-than-ever/page/2

MP.Trey
01-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Blake Griffin missed his entire rookie year and came back looking even better than he did at college.

sammichoffate
01-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Gee, idk OP maybe because they tore their ****ing ACL? It's obviously going to be different from person to person :facepalm

I<3NBA
01-21-2015, 12:41 PM
Why do ******s never recover from being raped?

jbryan1984
01-21-2015, 12:45 PM
I'd argue that Kobe fully recovered. Its more age, mileage and lack of help. T-Mac was the one who injuries really got the best of. Night and day difference and never even shown a flash of the guy who led the league in scoring. He was like 30 years old when he came back also.

Mass Debator
01-21-2015, 12:59 PM
It's mental more than physical. Your subconscious is getting in the way. No one wants to go through a major injury again.

It's like proposing to your girlfriend in a 6 year relationship only to be denied. You'll most likely never recover. :violin: