PDA

View Full Version : Dario Saric doing his thing?

GOBB
01-21-2015, 05:04 PM
http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150121-transatlantic-tracker-saric

Milbuck
01-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Word on the street is he's sick of the Sixers blowing ass, and will demand a trade in the next couple weeks.

Euroleague
01-21-2015, 06:06 PM
the Croatian point forward

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

More like the trolls at nba.com "doing their thing".

JimmyMcAdocious
01-21-2015, 06:06 PM
His mouth does not match his face. Looks like someone put a cut out from a magazine on his face.

Euroleague
01-21-2015, 06:11 PM
His mouth does not match his face. Looks like someone put a cut out from a magazine on his face.

He's just extremely ugly. If you have ever seen him up close before you would understand. He's incredibly ugly. They probably thought they had to edit his face to keep the NBA hype machine with him going.

You can't keep the NBA hype machine going, if people saw how he really looks.

Jailblazers7
01-21-2015, 06:24 PM
He's just extremely ugly. If you have ever seen him up close before you would understand. He's incredibly ugly. They probably thought they had to edit his face to keep the NBA hype machine with him going.

wtf? :oldlol:

Euroleague
01-21-2015, 06:33 PM
wtf? :oldlol:

They clearly used Photoshop on that pic. It's obvious by not only how the pic looks, but also because Saric looks nothing like that.

And it's because he's ugly as hell, so they clearly decided to Photoshop him, so people would not see how he actually looks.

It's called NBA hype and gimmick marketing. They have been doing this kind of shit nonsense for years.

GOBB
01-21-2015, 07:32 PM
In America when you place a "?", it generally means you're asking a question. If you feel he is undeserving or have more to speak on regarding his game, potential? Feel free to do so. I don't see why you enter threads like a jackass. Shits annoying. If you don't have anything to offer on Saric shut your punk ass up. Thanks

Dr.J4ever
01-21-2015, 10:55 PM
:applause:

I know OP doesn't want him to come over yet next season, just to get 1 more year of seasoning, but I do. The earlier he gets to the NBA, the better, just because it is the 76ers. He will get plenty of PT with Philly, and BBs fast paced offense may do wonders for him offensively.

Probably not, but we'll see.

alenleomessi
01-21-2015, 11:21 PM

looks like an uglier walter jr :oldlol:
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/dario-saric.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CMj2hdBjfoA/UjkgwcP3ZaI/AAAAAAAABJQ/0j7rzydDetA/s1600/Screen+Shot+2013-09-18+at+04.41.55.png

TheMarkMadsen
01-21-2015, 11:24 PM
not really that impressive

Euroleague
01-21-2015, 11:38 PM
:applause:

I know OP doesn't want him to come over yet next season, just to get 1 more year of seasoning, but I do. The earlier he gets to the NBA, the better, just because it is the 76ers. He will get plenty of PT with Philly, and BBs fast paced offense may do wonders for him offensively.

Probably not, but we'll see.

Why in the hell would he want to play in such a horrible team as the 76ers?

And why would he want to come to the NBA next season? He has everything perfect in Efes now. He's a young player that needs a lot of development and would probably not even get playing time in any serious Euroleague team or NBA team.

He has no reason to come to a horrible NBA team, nor to leave a Euroleague team where everything is perfect for him, where he gets more money than he will make in the NBA and he gets babied and gets plenty of playing time.

No reason at all for him to come to the 76ers next season.

He is an extremely talented player, but just leave him in Efes for now.

BasedTom
01-21-2015, 11:51 PM
In America when you place a "?", it generally means you're asking a question. If you feel he is undeserving or have more to speak on regarding his game, potential? Feel free to do so. I don't see why you enter threads like a jackass. Shits annoying. If you don't have anything to offer on Saric shut your punk ass up. Thanks
He's from Arkansas :yaohappy:

chocolatethunder
01-22-2015, 01:23 AM

And why would he want to come to the NBA next season? He has everything perfect in Efes now. He's a young player that needs a lot of development and would probably not even get playing time in any serious Euroleague team or NBA team.

He has no reason to come to a horrible NBA team, nor to leave a Euroleague team where everything is perfect for him, where he gets more money than he will make in the NBA and he gets babied and gets plenty of playing time.

I agree with you. Although over the length of his career even after taxes he will make more money in the NBA. Not on his first contract though. His first contract will be on par or less after taxes/agent and all that stuff.

Dr.J4ever
01-22-2015, 12:28 PM

I've read reports of Saric's unhappiness with his playing time earlier in the year with Efes. And then, in November, I think, he got named EL player of the month. So obviously, he started getting the playing time, but I have been following his progress as much as I can, and his PT has been up and down, just like his play.

If you want to know where I got the notion that he may come over to the NBA next season, check this link out http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/1/13/7536829/interview-with-dario-saric.

On his goal: 'The crown of my career? Remove the USA from the throne of the world and climb it with the Croatian team, that is what I am living for.'

On Philly being a bad team: 'I wouldn't agree with that, maybe it is a plus of some sort, there is a space there waiting for me, a position and a role on the team. That is what is waiting for me. And that makes me happy. In my opinion it is a team for the future, because there are also teams that play bad, but they don't have the guys for the future. Precisely because of that I do not see the Sixers as the worst team in the league.'

The key question:
Was it a mistake to go to Efes, should you have joined the 'big boys' immediately?

' It is hard to say, we will be smarter when my episode here is finished, and yet we may never know what will happen.'

How long do you plan to be playing in Efes before marching the, "Streets of Philadelphia"? There is no secret that people from the Sixers regularly come to Istanbul, Dario is marked with a thick red marker pen as a part of the foundation of a better future for the triple NBA champion...

'A difficult question to which there is no concrete answer. That is, it is impossible to predict. After the end of the season we will sit down and see if it's time for another year in Istanbul or the time of transition to the United States has come. It is impossible to predict my own future at this time..'

76er fans here in ISH like the OP and Choc. Thunder want Saric to stay 1 more year in the EL. I would like him to come next season. He would immediately get the playing time and start learning the NBA style. No substitute for real in-game experience to develop and learn.

Again, probably not next season, but we will see, as Saric says.

chocolatethunder
01-22-2015, 12:35 PM
I've read reports of Saric's unhappiness with his playing time earlier in the year with Efes. And then, in November, I think, he got named EL player of the month. So obviously, he started getting the playing time, but I have been following his progress as much as I can, and his PT has been up and down, just like his play.

If you want to know where I got the notion that he may come over to the NBA next season, check this link out http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/1/13/7536829/interview-with-dario-saric.
I wanna be honest but I think it's best he's over there next year too. I think that Hinkie/Brown would prefer it. That's not to say theres no possibility of him coming here especially if Saric himself is the driving force behind it but I think that he'll stay there. He's not really a point forward. He's a PF who can handle pretty well and pass but he's not gonna bring up the ball in the NBA. That doesn't mean that the Sixers won't benefit from his passing it just means that he's not Kukoc. He doesn't have a strong outside shot either. Again, that doesn't mean he's not going to be able to score or he effective it just means that he's not a real stretch four or a point forward. I like his game and look forward to him getting better. I think the NBA will seem fast for him but then he will adjust. Kind of like what you saw with Wiggins in the beginning of this year.

Dr.J4ever
01-22-2015, 12:59 PM
I wanna be honest but I think it's best he's over there next year too. I think that Hinkie/Brown would prefer it. That's not to say theres no possibility of him coming here especially if Saric himself is the driving force behind it but I think that he'll stay there. He's not really a point forward. He's a PF who can handle pretty well and pass but he's not gonna bring up the ball in the NBA. That doesn't mean that the Sixers won't benefit from his passing it just means that he's not Kukoc. He doesn't have a strong outside shot either. Again, that doesn't mean he's not going to be able to score or he effective it just means that he's not a real stretch four or a point forward. I like his game and look forward to him getting better. I think the NBA will seem fast for him but then he will adjust. Kind of like what you saw with Wiggins in the beginning of this year.

No, he's not a Point Forward by any stretch. But maybe, a Boris Diaw?

What I'm concerned about is his 3FG%. Playing with Embiid and Noel, don't you think we will need him to space the floor? How do you envision the 76ers playing with Saric?

chocolatethunder
01-22-2015, 01:15 PM

What I'm concerned about is his 3FG%. Playing with Embiid and Noel, don't you think we will need him to space the floor? How do you envision the 76ers playing with Saric?
No. Diaw has actually played PG in the NBA. Saric isn't like that. He's just a tall guy who can make some nice passes. Sure, I think that they hope he develops a jumper and can help with spacing. I think that every team hopes that from all of their players. It's tough to say how they envision using him because right now the team only has a handful of guys who will be here moving forward. I think that I see him as a very solid guy coming off the bench in the NBA. Getting 10-12 pts and 5 boards and 2 assists or something like that. But that's just really speculation there's no way to tell yet.

Dr.J4ever
01-22-2015, 01:24 PM
No. Diaw has actually played PG in the NBA. Saric isn't like that. He's just a tall guy who can make some nice passes. Sure, I think that they hope he develops a jumper and can help with spacing. I think that every team hopes that from all of their players. It's tough to say how they envision using him because right now the team only has a handful of guys who will be here moving forward. I think that I see him as a very solid guy coming off the bench in the NBA. Getting 10-12 pts and 5 boards and 2 assists or something like that. But that's just really speculation there's no way to tell yet.

If he's not even a Diaw, I don't know what will be so special about him then. 10-12 ppg off the bench from a PF is not so special that it can't be filled up in free agency when the time comes.

I hope you're wrong and he fulfills what other scouts have said about him that he was and is a top 5 talent in that last draft, if only he didn't sign with Efes right before the draft.

AI09
01-22-2015, 03:54 PM
As a fan I would love to see him in philly next year but at the same time I'm ok with him staying overseas to develop he's only 20 and getting better. I know he will be in the nba eventually. Funny thing is when he does come to the US he might not be part of the sixers. Hinkie is all about assets if a good deal comes up Saric is as good as gone.

GOBB
01-22-2015, 06:23 PM
He's from Arkansas :yaohappy:

Wait this dude aint from a small town in Slovakia? He's from...America? :coleman:

No way.

Euroleague
01-23-2015, 08:14 PM

On his goal: 'The crown of my career? Remove the USA from the throne of the world and climb it with the Croatian team, that is what I am living for.'

On Philly being a bad team: 'I wouldn't agree with that, maybe it is a plus of some sort, there is a space there waiting for me, a position and a role on the team. That is what is waiting for me. And that makes me happy. In my opinion it is a team for the future, because there are also teams that play bad, but they don't have the guys for the future. Precisely because of that I do not see the Sixers as the worst team in the league.'

The key question:
Was it a mistake to go to Efes, should you have joined the 'big boys' immediately?

' It is hard to say, we will be smarter when my episode here is finished, and yet we may never know what will happen.'

How long do you plan to be playing in Efes before marching the, "Streets of Philadelphia"? There is no secret that people from the Sixers regularly come to Istanbul, Dario is marked with a thick red marker pen as a part of the foundation of a better future for the triple NBA champion...

'A difficult question to which there is no concrete answer. That is, it is impossible to predict. After the end of the season we will sit down and see if it's time for another year in Istanbul or the time of transition to the United States has come. It is impossible to predict my own future at this time..'

76er fans here in ISH like the OP and Choc. Thunder want Saric to stay 1 more year in the EL. I would like him to come next season. He would immediately get the playing time and start learning the NBA style. No substitute for real in-game experience to develop and learn.

Again, probably not next season, but we will see, as Saric says.

How many times do I have to explain to this to you?

20 MINUTES IS = TO STARTER MINUTES IN EUROLEAGUE

I have explained this to you like 50 times already.

Are you simply incapable of learning anything new?

Euroleague
01-23-2015, 08:17 PM

You have been told over and over what type of player he is. I don't know why it is so hard for you to grasp things.

GOBB
01-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Euroleague stfu you clown