PDA

View Full Version : League changes rookie-sophomore game format

KobesFinger
01-21-2015, 06:54 PM
To have rookies and sophomores from the USA against their counterparts from the rest of the world according to this (https://twitter.com/NBAAllStar/status/558029942219603969).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B76FRn_CcAAxPUi.jpg:large

Sportal
01-21-2015, 07:55 PM
I actually really, really like this idea.

You have the, is it under 18s? USA vs World games. The World team has won the last two? I don't personally know if there has been a third recently. But this would be awesome, this would be a competitive game, unlike the All-Star game... Or I would hope it was. It won't be too great for Team USA though, having Parker and Randle injured. It would be really facinating to see how the players who once played each other have progressed now after their NBA coaching.

Euroleague
01-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Every all star game in Europe has been doing that for like over 20 years and I have suggested the NBA do that over and over and over and every time I bring it up I get viciously attacked here.

BigMacAttack
01-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Best all star change they have made in years! USA gon get wrecked this year. Giannis, Wiggins, Gobert, Miriotic, Nurkic, Schroeder, Adams, Len..

r0drig0lac
01-21-2015, 08:01 PM
:applause: fantastic

hawksdogsbraves
01-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Team USA is honestly going to kind of suck :oldlol:

Milbuck
01-21-2015, 08:16 PM
The depth for the international big men is insane. Gobert, Nurkic, Mirotic, Adams, Dieng, Len...all quality bigs, not just for rookie/sophomores, but in general. They could massacre the USA frontline, whoever they bring.

Schr

BigMacAttack
01-21-2015, 08:30 PM
Exum-Wiggins-Giannis-Miriotic-Gobert, the length of that team is insane.

Joyner82reload
01-21-2015, 09:04 PM
I have a better idea than the rookie-sophomore game.

Have a 4th year player game where the MVP of the game gets a guaranteed max contract. That would be HILARIOUS to see and extremely entertaining. Plus you would truly see players playing as hard as they possibly could for 1 game.

Doranku
01-21-2015, 09:06 PM

Have a 4th year player game where the MVP of the game gets a guaranteed max contract. That would be HILARIOUS to see and extremely entertaining. Plus you would truly see players playing as hard as they possibly could for 1 game.

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing said on this forum today. Congratulations.

raprap
01-21-2015, 09:06 PM

That game would be insane. :lol

Sportal
01-21-2015, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=Milbuck]The depth for the international big men is insane. Gobert, Nurkic, Mirotic, Adams, Dieng, Len...all quality bigs, not just for rookie/sophomores, but in general. They could massacre the USA frontline, whoever they bring.

Schr

Real14
01-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Nba has failed again:facepalm

MJistheGOAT
01-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Cool idea, I really like it, but this year World is going to rape USA.

navy
01-21-2015, 10:06 PM

Would never happen, but sounds fun.

Milbuck
01-21-2015, 10:09 PM
Imagine if Embiid wasn't injured... imagine if the guy that dropped 25+ and 12 on Team USA U18, who the Spurs drafted, was in the NBA too... Pierre something.

I'm excited, I just hope franchises let them play and wish that the USA team had Randle/Parker.
Yup. A healthy Embiid would make this a slaughter, even with Jabari/Randle healthy. Especially because he's got a decent jumper developing, he could play minutes at PF and give them an even more ridiculous defensive lineup....Schroder-Wiggins-Giannis-Embiid-Gobert..

The league is in good hands in terms of international representation. The potential is off the charts.

Nba has failed again:facepalm
How? This is actually a really interesting idea, it's not like they're picking up random scrubs from Euroleague (as far as I know)..these are really, really good young players.

Richesly
01-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Schroder should play in this game.

Schroder will dominate the opposing PG.

Sportal
01-21-2015, 10:25 PM

I'm pretty sure Schr

Milbuck
01-21-2015, 10:28 PM

Bit off topic here but what is the Hawks' plans for Schroder? Not trying to propose a Bucks trade like I usually do, I'm actually curious. You guys are in win now mode, and Teague is a hell of a PG. And Schroder is a hell of a backup PG down the road, but don't you think you'd be better off with more talent at other positions? Schroder could get you guys some pretty high quality win-now players in return imo, maybe a quality big man to strengthen that front court..

Sportal
01-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Bit off topic here but what is the Hawks' plans for Schroder? Not trying to propose a Bucks trade like I usually do, I'm actually curious. You guys are in win now mode, and Teague is a hell of a PG. And Schroder is a hell of a backup PG down the road, but don't you think you'd be better off with more talent at other positions? Schroder could get you guys some pretty high quality win-now players in return imo, maybe a quality big man to strengthen that front court..

Man, if the league wasn't so PG heavy, I'd really like him to get out at some point. What kind of numbers would you see him averaging if he got out and started? Like, John Wall's last year numbers?

SexSymbol
01-21-2015, 10:43 PM
This is incredibly stupid, another attempt at makin USA the villains. Everybody in the world will want the international team to win, and all usa citizens will go for usas youngings. THis is nationalist, which is on the same level as racist

D-Rose
01-21-2015, 10:49 PM
This is incredibly stupid, another attempt at makin USA the villains. Everybody in the world will want the international team to win, and all usa citizens will go for usas youngings. THis is nationalist, which is on the same level as racist
the ****?

This is an excellent idea.

D-Rose
01-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Yup. A healthy Embiid would make this a slaughter, even with Jabari/Randle healthy. Especially because he's got a decent jumper developing, he could play minutes at PF and give them an even more ridiculous defensive lineup....Schroder-Wiggins-Giannis-Embiid-Gobert..

The league is in good hands in terms of international representation. The potential is off the charts.

How? This is actually a really interesting idea, it's not like they're picking up random scrubs from Euroleague (as far as I know)..these are really, really good young players.
slaughter? We haven't seen Embiid for a single second on an NBA floor. :rolleyes:

Sportal
01-21-2015, 11:11 PM

Uhhhh... What are you even talking about?

The All-Star game is practically USA White vs USA Blue, so how does this not benefit the NBA and their fans? It's huge for their international fans as well as North Americans.

This game could be the start of things. Rivalries, future teammates etc. These rivalries could pass all the way through to future finals.

As a basketball fan, I have zero clue about what angle you are even attempting to work.

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Dipo gonna have to carry the U.S. team

Sportal
01-21-2015, 11:16 PM
Dipo gonna have to carry the U.S. team

Oladipo's blocks against: 10

BasedTom
01-21-2015, 11:16 PM

:lol

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 11:24 PM
Oladipo's blocks against: 10
Wait are you saying that's how many times he'll be blocked?

Milbuck
01-21-2015, 11:27 PM
slaughter? We haven't seen Embiid for a single second on an NBA floor. :rolleyes:
If he was healthy..

Impact-wise Embiid was amazing towards the end of the season before he went down, when he really took over that team from Wiggins.

oarabbus
01-21-2015, 11:28 PM

Looks like we found the genius who suggested last year's dunk contest format :facepalm :facepalm

D-Rose
01-22-2015, 12:19 AM
If he was healthy..

Impact-wise Embiid was amazing towards the end of the season before he went down, when he really took over that team from Wiggins.
:facepalm

Milbuck
01-22-2015, 12:20 AM
:facepalm
Good response.

Joyner82reload
01-22-2015, 12:24 AM
Looks like we found the genius who suggested last year's dunk contest format :facepalm :facepalm

That game would probably be the most fun you would EVER have watching any sort of an organized basketball game, or at least an attempted organized game.

Players would be blocking their own teammates shots and try to steal from teammates. It would be like a giant game of 21 :lol :lol

SugarHill
01-22-2015, 12:26 AM
That game would probably be the most fun you would EVER have watching any sort of an organized basketball game, or at least an attempted organized game.

Players would be blocking their own teammates shots and try to steal from teammates. It would be like a giant game of 21 :lol :lol
How do you decide MVP? Most points? What if someone played great defense that won the game? What about a guy who ran the whole offense? I say you take the leading candidates and simply make them fight it out and the winner takes all

sammichoffate
01-22-2015, 12:57 AM
Love this idea, this event is honestly getting better than the dunk contest at this point.

JtotheIzzo
01-22-2015, 02:08 AM
Team USA going up against multiple spidermen. This shit isn't even gonna be close.

F*ckin hell.

Freak
Wig
Mirotic
Stifle
Shroeder

That starting five is insane, and with Stauskas coming in to bomb treys. Shits homiez, dat der be like whaaddafuccupwitzdatyo!!!

bagelred
01-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Republicans are probably loving this idea. Xenophobes.