PDA

View Full Version : Westbrooks ball handling is weak

JohnMax
01-21-2015, 07:55 PM
I say its weak because he cant penetrate walls, the kind of walls you see alot when you get in the playoffs. Its the reason why lebron could never win a championship in cleavelend. He couldnt penetrate walls and teams forced him to take jump shots. 

You look for little cracks and crevices, that require you to stop and turn with the ball on a dime. Kyrie is a beast at it. Westbrook is a straight line dribbler which makes you easier to deal with especially in playoff time.

Jef
01-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Agreed- as was made evident by his putrid playoff performance last year

:biggums:

KDthunderup
01-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Westbrooks doesn't need Kyrie like handles when he can blow by an opponent in a flash of an eye

MARK HENSON
01-21-2015, 08:12 PM
I say its weak because he cant penetrate walls, the kind of walls you see alot when you get in the playoffs. Its the reason why lebron could never win a championship in cleavelend. He couldnt penetrate walls and teams forced him to take jump shots. 

You look for little cracks and crevices, that require you to stop and turn with the ball on a dime. Kyrie is a beast at it. Westbrook is a straight line dribbler which makes you easier to deal with especially in playoff time.

HE MAKES MILLIONS OF DOLLARS PLAYING BASKET BALL

WHERE DO WORK?

ASSIT AT BURGER KING???????????????:coleman:

IF YOU THINK YOU COULD DO BETTER,THEN WONT SUIT UP AND TRY OUT FOR THE NBA

OTHER WISE GET A LIFE LOSER:coleman:

Jef
01-21-2015, 08:16 PM
In all honesty, his handles are clearly far from elite. They are improving greatly though. For all the heat he takes, I thiught his passing jumped up a few notches last year. This year it is even better.

It's not just about getting it to the guy - last year and so far this year, GOATbrook is getting it to guys in stride and where they want it. Before he was often late with passes as guys took 3 steps after screens or throwing it to the wrong shoulder, etc.

His ball handling has taken similar strides I think. He still has some turnovers because he is westbrook and he is an insane savage, but his handling is trending upward.

Basically, the league's worst fear is coming to pass: he is somehow still improving, and is now adding skills that will further prolong his dominance as he ages. Is anyone really betting against a wiser, possibly more intense 33 year old GOATbrook? He will be decimating children who this second are getting in street fights and trading led over who gets to play with him on their team in 2k.

Face it, if you hate GOATbrook you are in for a poor decade starting tonight. Unless Obama taps russell Westbrook as the one man on earth who can stop ISIS (think "Bruce Willis in Armageddon"-level courage, strength, and perspective),his continued dominance is inevitable. Luckily, the latter scenario only has about. 30% chance of happening.

MARK HENSON
01-21-2015, 08:21 PM
hes a ball hog

but his ball handiling skills are:coleman: fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FKAri
01-21-2015, 08:22 PM

WHERE DO WORK?

Theoo?

KungFuJoe
01-21-2015, 08:35 PM
He's fine. Not everyone can handle the rock like Kyrie or Curry.

Jef
01-21-2015, 08:40 PM
He's fine. Not everyone can handle the rock like Kyrie or Curry.

Agreed. Also, re: kyrie, his lack of true explosion and fire will absolutely be exposed during the playoffs. In fact, we should focus on that instead of on alleged postseason detriments of a player who has 4+ HISTORIC (not even just "great") games.

Basically, any OKC playoff series always includes one game from GOATbrook long the lines of 30/12/8/5/1

For most players, a 26/8/7 playoff game gets them a huge contract and puts them on the map. This was Westbrooks average line last year during the postseason against the ****ing grizzles, clippers, and Spurs. He won multiple games single handedly.

Year 2030 ISH is going to look back on those numbers in ****ing sheer disbelief.

SamuraiSWISH
01-21-2015, 09:11 PM
He's not near as fluid or creative laterally, or slicing up a defense like CP3, Curry, Kyrie, Lillard, Wall or Derrick.

Not much change of pace, or craftiness involved. He's just all blow by speed. Tony Parker is similar on a less explosive scale. Like you said a straight forward guy. More Adrian Peterson than Barry Sanders.

I don't agree at all about your point about LeBron though.

MARK HENSON
01-21-2015, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=FKAri]Theoo?[/QUOTE

I live with the bill cosby

the child molestor:coleman:

Dro
01-21-2015, 09:19 PM
OP is pretty much on point......Can't believe I said that.....

Don't know why some are up in arms about it.....Its pretty obvious when you watch him play......

navy
01-21-2015, 09:52 PM
Westbrook and Lebron routinely dominate in the playoffs though. Much more than Kyrie (never been) and Derrick Rose (top 3 body control of all time)

MJistheGOAT
01-21-2015, 10:13 PM
True, the problem is that he is so fast and explosive that blows by his defender without problems. Until they trap him.

Cmon Westbrook with Curry or Kyrie handles will be GOAT, what else do you want? MJ fadeaway? KD jumpshoot? Lebron vision?

Jef
01-21-2015, 10:19 PM
True, the problem is that he is so fast and explosive that blows by his defender without problems. Until they trap him.

Cmon Westbrook with Curry or Kyrie handles will be GOAT, what else do you want? MJ fadeaway? KD jumpshoot? Lebron vision?

to be frank, if Westbrook had Shaq's size he would be unstoppable.

Fowl
01-21-2015, 11:00 PM

WHERE DO WORK?

Click the button on your keyboard that reads "CAPS LOCK", thanks.

miggyme1
01-22-2015, 12:54 AM
Westbrook Is A Great Ball Handler

He Just Isnt Flashy

No Need To Be Flashy When U Got The Quickest First Step In The League...

I.R.Beast
01-22-2015, 02:34 AM
Westbrook doesnt need all those killer crossovers...Steph curry has nice moves but tends to get sloppy with his handl. he fumble the ball often on those those behind the back moves he likes to pull off... Russell westbrook has a great first step and a great hesitation dribble...that's all you need to get by a defender..all the rest is just cosmetic. derrick rose is much of these same...great first step and killer hesitation. Westbrook does basic crossovers that are more so of a push of the ball to the next hand. He's still the most unstoppable force at PG that can dominate his matchup every night on both ends of the floor. I can't say that about any of the other PGs in the league.

buddha
01-22-2015, 02:49 AM
do you mean Harden instead of Westbrook? because Harden is the one who has trouble getting to the paint in the playoffs.

stephanieg
01-22-2015, 02:50 AM
penetrate

forced

cracks and crevices

dribbler

ball handling

I need a towel.

Captain Clutch
01-22-2015, 03:42 AM
I need a towel.
:oldlol: