PDA

View Full Version : Draygod responds to Chuck

Ca$H
01-21-2015, 09:05 PM
"It's hard to get that respect where you can tell guys know you're good and they respect you," Draymond told Tom Tolbert and Ray Ratto on KNBR 680-AM. "You still have those few teams that feel like 'If we can pressure them, it's going to get to 'em,' or 'if we can really be physical with them, they're going to back down,' and then they'll quickly see, 'No. It's not that way.' It's not that way anymore...

"So, obviously we'll have to continue to prove ourselves. You still even got guys like Charles Barkley and Kenny (Smith) on TNT say 'Yeah, they're not even Top 3 in the West.' I mean, funny. That's funny. We'll continue to prove ourselves.

"If they feel we're not Top 3 in the West, I mean, that's fine. But what they don't know, is we don't even feel we're anywhere close to being as good as we're gonna be ... Be careful. We haven't even scratched the surface of where we're going. So, good luck."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/draymond-greens-message-charles-barkley-be-careful

Joyner82reload
01-21-2015, 09:06 PM
It's going to be funny alright, Draymond. Real funny when your team proves they're NOT top 3 in the West after they get bounced by OKC in the 1st round.

keep-itreal
01-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Your season depends entirely on Andrew Bogut's knees:lol

Lexington Steel
01-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Your season depends entirely on Andrew Bogut's knees:lol
Sadly this is true. :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
01-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Do people actually believe the Warriors will go to the finals? Not going to happen

Dro
01-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Charles is the one who said they weren't top 3 in the West, not Kenny.....Even though the question meant RIGHT NOW....he's talking about for the season. He doesn't like jump shooting teams, period and he's generally right unless we're talking about the Spurs.....Its been proven almost every season......

However, GS is obviously the best team in the NBA RIGHT NOW....Do I think they can win the title shooting jumpers, no I don't......

The Red Viper
01-21-2015, 09:35 PM
I love Chuck and while I understood what he was trying to say, I don't think that applies to Golden State Warriors. With OKC, I agree with him completely but this current Golden State Warriors team don't play iso-ball and move the ball around as well as anyone in the league. They are quite selfless and ready to make an extra pass for a easier bucket. Add that to what Kenny said, both Klay and Steph are proven three point studs. So, if they go 4/10, which is their career average, its still the same as anyone else going 6/10 from the paint. Alo, its not like they can't buy themselves easy baskets at all or anything. David Lee is quite handy down low. The key for them is Andre Bogut. If he is fully fit throughout the playoffs, they can very deep. There is no clear cut favourites in the West. Every team can defeat the other. Thats how crazy it is. But, Golden State Warriors at this current form are Top 3 teams from the West IMO.

navy
01-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Charles is the one who said they weren't top 3 in the West, not Kenny.....Even though the question meant RIGHT NOW....he's talking about for the season. He doesn't like jump shooting teams, period and he's generally right unless we're talking about the Spurs.....Its been proven almost every season......

However, GS is obviously the best team in the NBA RIGHT NOW....Do I think they can win the title shooting jumpers, no I don't......
Warriors got some of the best jump shooters of all time and lead the league in paint points. I think they are fine.

Milbuck
01-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Chuck is the best part of Inside the NBA, and I'll be disappointed when he's gone...but oftentimes it does get frustrating with how clueless he can be. Just last week he thought Jennings was still on the Bucks..couple days ago he didn't know who the Bulls SFs were..just stuff that really makes you question their knowledge of what's going on in the league. And stubbornness too, reluctance to go away from the same tired cliches he's worked into his head for years.

The dude still thinks the Warriors are some chaotic, flukey team full of chuckers and it's frustrating as hell to watch..can't imagine how obnoxious it must be for Warriors fans. I don't know how anyone, much less a former player, can watch them consistently and still believe this. Their ball movement, spacing, unselfishness, balance on both ends of the floor, discipline and IQ, chemistry, etc is as good as any other team in the league. Think it was Heavincent who brought up the stats on here multiple times..but they're nowhere near just a jumpshooting team, their production in the paint is also up their with the best of them. If there was a balanced, championship level, dominant two-way team in the league right now, it's them..and I don't know why Chuck is so adamant about dismissing what he's seeing.