PDA

View Full Version : Durant gets every call

VengefulAngel
01-21-2015, 10:03 PM
My god, if any1 is watching this game, its ridiculous.

Reminds me of 2006 finals Wade. ( Wade actually penetrates though)

MJistheGOAT
01-21-2015, 10:03 PM
My god, if any1 is watching this game, its ridiculous.

Reminds me of 2006 finals Wade.

LOL at comparing a meaningless regular season game to a COMPLETE FINALS SERIES.

D Whistle is in his own level

VengefulAngel
01-21-2015, 10:04 PM

Durant is a jumpshooter, Dwyane is one of the greatest slashers of all time.

Plus all regular season games for OKC are meaningful right now...

MellowYellow
01-21-2015, 10:05 PM
He's the anti-melo, refs help Durant so much and hurt Melo so much.

dazzer87
01-21-2015, 10:06 PM
http://makeameme.org/media/created/to-da-referees.jpg

plowking
01-21-2015, 10:07 PM
No one has ever gotten the calls this guy gets.

He is literally unplayable with the way the game is called for him, and him only. You can literally see him being played differently to other superstars in the league. On drives you see other superstars get bumped, hit and finish through contact, while Durant gets a free run to the ring every time with most defenders giving him a decent gap as to not initiate any contact.

It is ugly to watch.

VengefulAngel
01-21-2015, 10:10 PM
No one has ever gotten the calls this guy gets.

He is literally unplayable with the way the game is called for him, and him only. You can literally see him being played differently to other superstars in the league. On drives you see other superstars get bumped, hit and finish through contact, while Durant gets a free run to the ring every time with most defenders giving him a decent gap as to not initiate any contact.

It is ugly to watch.

I actually had to turn off.Watched both games tonight, on every Lebron drive there is far more contact than any of Durant's drives. Refs always harp on who initiates the contact, but there seems to be no consistency.

It's almost impossible for me to watch the NBA and know what a foul is. I don't mind me disagreeing with a call but at least be consistent.

Jef
01-21-2015, 10:13 PM
how are you posting while also announcing for the wizards?

"Wall barely got him on the arm!"

"I'd like to see that again - Beal was only slightly sliding to his left"

"Nene getting aggressive! I like it!"

"I'm not so sure Perkins didn't get him"

"Hmmm...looks like it could have been an elbow on Westbrook"

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Whatever, he'll still be getting those calls in a couple years FOR DC :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

VengefulAngel
01-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Whatever, he'll still be getting those calls in a couple years FOR DC :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

haha,true.

JT123
01-21-2015, 10:32 PM
The fact that he is still ringless with this much ref help is honestly pathetic.

VengefulAngel
01-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Seriously every drive.

Springsteen
01-21-2015, 11:01 PM
jesus christ this game

Hoopz2332
01-21-2015, 11:06 PM
this is why his all star votes are so low. Dude is boring as ***:oldlol:

aj1987
01-22-2015, 02:31 AM
The refs definitely need some consistency. If LeBron got the same kind of calls as KD, he's probably going to average over 15 FT's a game (which might increase his PPG by 2, going by his recent FT shooting). They need to call the same fouls on KD as they do on LeBron. Nothing more. Same with Harden as well.

I.R.Beast
01-22-2015, 02:44 AM
Durant seeks avoids contact headed to the rim. Eurosteps, side steps, drifting layup etc. Therefor if he gets contacted when slashing 10-1 the defender initiated the contact hence the foul is called. Guys like Melo and Lebron are contact initiators meaning they came into the space of the defender. The defender is entitled their spot on the floor. Therefore no foul is called unless the defender is late to the spot or swings and make extra contact on the player...

That is how it is supposed to be called..

russwest0
01-22-2015, 02:47 AM
Durant seeks avoids contact headed to the rim. Eurosteps, side steps, drifting layup etc. Therefor if he gets contacted when slashing 10-1 the defender initiated the contact hence the foul is called. Guys like Melo and Lebron are contact initiators meaning they came into the space of the defender. The defender is entitled their spot on the floor. Therefore no foul is called unless the defender is late to the spot or swings and make extra contact on the player...

Yep. You aren't supposed to reward those who intentionally create contact looking for the foul call on their drives.

Durant's 6 FTA per game are too much doe

Marchesk
01-22-2015, 04:27 AM
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/01/11/sports/CITY-NETS-1/CITY-NETS-1-master495.jpg

tpols
01-22-2015, 04:41 AM
Durant plays real entitled.. I don't think I've ever seen him miss a shot inside the 3pt line and not jump up and down for a call.

dunksby
01-22-2015, 04:43 AM
There are still morons who got the nerve to call Durant a jump shooter? Nvm you all still whining about refs which makes you morons by default. 6FTA for the season holy shit refs love Durant.

buddha
01-22-2015, 05:29 AM
blows my mind that people don't realize contact is legal if the offensive player initiates it while the defensive player has his hands straight up.

lebron doesn't get a million whistles because he is just running right into people and they are defending him legally because he can't get by them. people foul durant because he gets by them and would make the shot if they didn't.

aj1987
01-22-2015, 05:51 AM
blows my mind that people don't realize contact is legal if the offensive player initiates it while the defensive player has his hands straight up.

lebron doesn't get a million whistles because he is just running right into people and they are defending him legally because he can't get by them. people foul durant because he gets by them and would make the shot if they didn't.
:facepalm

Go watch a game, kid. LeBron doesn't get many touch fouls anymore. I'm just saying that there needs to be consistency. KD gets tapped on the arm and it's 2 FT's immediately. How many times have we seen plays where LeBron gets hammered and no foul is called?

dunksby
01-22-2015, 06:13 AM
:facepalm

Go watch a game, kid. LeBron doesn't get many touch fouls anymore. I'm just saying that there needs to be consistency. KD gets tapped on the arm and it's 2 FT's immediately. How many times have we seen plays where LeBron gets hammered and no foul is called?
Same story I have been hearing about Durant since his first scoring title. :oldlol:

aj1987
01-22-2015, 06:41 AM
Same story I have been hearing about Durant since his first scoring title. :oldlol:
I'm not saying that KD doesn't deserve his FT's. If you call those on KD, call them on LeBron as well. Consistency.

dunksby
01-22-2015, 06:49 AM
I'm not saying that KD doesn't deserve his FT's. If you call those on KD, call them on LeBron as well. Consistency.
Well LeBron gets so much leeway on the defensive end as well which helped him be very influential in team defense. Durant doesn't get the same treatment and gets T'ed up easily however he talks too much to the refs too and deserves a lot of them.

Artillery
01-22-2015, 08:50 AM
This is what makes playing OKC so annoying - when you play the Thunder you're always playing 5 vs 8. Last year's Conference Finals game 6 is a good example - refs did everything they could to give that game to OKC. Blatantly ignored Ibaka's goaltends(the Ginobili one in the 4th was particularly bad). Refs allow them to hack the opposing team to death while giving the Thunder constant trips to the free throw line with the slightest bit of contact. I loved seeing Lebron curbstomp that joke of a team in the 2012 Finals - it was goddamn obvious they didn't belong there with how easily the Heat destroyed them.

swagga
01-22-2015, 09:11 AM

the eurostep is a travesty imo.
it was created in a time when blocking path fouls were almost never called because the defender had the same right to challenge a spot as the offensive player (old fiba rules, nowadays change to match nba)

you take this idea and put it in the actual game right now with the nba blocking call rules and it is impossible to properly defend it.

Eurostep is basically contact initiation because you are the attacker and some of your speed is directed at the rim and therefore into the defender, only if the defender were a single point in space would it stand that you are going in another direction. Logically it is idiotic to rule it as mathematical directions because defenders have volume, they aren't points. But economically it allows easy superstar calls when people get good at it (harden , durant, ginobili, wade etc) so that's really advantageous since real superstars are hard to find. Superstar is a dominant mvp imo (lebron, shaq, duncan, jordan, bird, magic), somebody with a case for top 10 goat.

There was an article about this by some renown coach but I can't remember who. Maybe some of the more informed posters could shed some light on this.

Anyways, it's disgusting to watch, especially for dudes that don't even try to finish or are whistled so favorable that you can't even breathe on them .. like durant and harden.

StephHamann
01-22-2015, 11:44 AM
http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/36/1.0

imdaman99
01-22-2015, 11:46 AM
This is what makes playing OKC so annoying - when you play the Thunder you're always playing 5 vs 8. Last year's Conference Finals game 6 is a good example - refs did everything they could to give that game to OKC. Blatantly ignored Ibaka's goaltends(the Ginobili one in the 4th was particularly bad). Refs allow them to hack the opposing team to death while giving the Thunder constant trips to the free throw line with the slightest bit of contact. I loved seeing Lebron curbstomp that joke of a team in the 2012 Finals - it was goddamn obvious they didn't belong there with how easily the Heat destroyed them.
It's funny how you talk about OKC getting ref help, meanwhile you talk about the Heat in the 2012 Finals :roll: The refs were high-5ing Spoelstra in that series, that's how fixed it was :lol

Jlamb47
01-22-2015, 12:10 PM
this is why his all star votes are so low. Dude is boring as ***:oldlol:

its low because he was hurt you idiot, every other year he leads....your just a d1ck sucking lebron stan who dont know sh1t. pvssy

Real14
01-22-2015, 12:11 PM
hes going to Toronto.

ninephive
01-22-2015, 02:27 PM

His 2012 WCF run was very close, especially when you're talking G6.

chazzy
01-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Well, maybe if your Spurs didn't lose to them 4 straight times with a 2-0 lead, a "deserving" team would've been in the finals

Springsteen
01-22-2015, 02:37 PM
hes going to Toronto.

why wud he go to da craptors ?? :biggums: :biggums:

theyre da most overrated team in the nba right??