PDA

View Full Version : Washington Wizards have the Best Frontcourt in the East

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Nene and Gortat aren't big scorers, but Gortat is elite in the PnR. Nene is elite in the post. Both can shoot the midrange J. Both have really good hands.

Now I know you're saying to yourself "What about Atlanta and Chicago"
Well, the true strength of the Wizards bigs is.....STRENGTH!

http://www.truthaboutit.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/nene-face-after-breaking-joakim-noah-heart-wizards-bulls-game-5-2014-nba-playoffs.jpg

If you have an ounce of doubt in your heart, and you step on the court against Nene and Gortat, you will be completely demoralized by the end of the game. These two are just straight MEAN. They will bump you, bruise you, and then run you up and down the court.

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/IFWT_Marcin-Gortat-2.jpg

Gortat looks like the final boss of a ****ing video game.

These are the kind of dudes you want to go to war with in the playoffs. Wall and Beal are lucky to have two talented, tough enforcers backing them up.

Cocaine80s
01-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Love & Mozgov>>>

Pau and Noah as well>>

Richesly
01-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Al Horford and Paul Millsap have dominated them.

:facepalm

Meticode
01-21-2015, 10:31 PM

As far as consistency and being on the court this season this would be my pick. Ahead of the Wizards, Bulls and Cavs.

Trollsmasher
01-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Love & Mozgov>>>

Pau and Noah as well>>
this

Hoopz2332
01-21-2015, 10:33 PM
this is why Wizards scare me as a Cavs fan. Hawks, Bulls and Raptors don't scare me at all.

Richesly
01-21-2015, 10:34 PM
this is why Wizards scare me as a Cavs fan. Hawks, Bulls and Raptors don't scare me at all.

And you're an idiot for thinking Wizards have the best front court in the east. :facepalm

livingby3's
01-21-2015, 10:35 PM
not the best, but yeah they're tough and underrated. Very good fit for Wall and Beal

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 10:40 PM

We got smoked by the Hawks that's for sure. I wouldn't say those guys got dominated. The first game Nene didn't play. The second game we got killed from 3.

Nene and Gortat rebound, bang, play D, and finish plays. When they have to make a move they do. That's what I want out of my bigs, unless I can get an absolute "do everything" alpha.

Chicago has no argument from anyone in this thread. Nene takes great pleasure in making Noah his bitch boy whenever they play. Pau was absolutely shook the last time they played.

Richesly
01-21-2015, 10:44 PM
Al Horford vs Marcin Gortat total this season:

Al Horford: 27 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assist on 65% shooting, 5 blocks.
Marcin Gortat: 22 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist on 50% shooting, 0 blocks.

Oh yeah, Gortat is a tough machine!

Paul Millsap: 28 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists on 50% shooting, 1 block
Nene: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist on 75% shooting, 0 blocks.(granted, Nene only played one out of the two)

/thread

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Glad Gortat got his shit together. He used to be so soft in Orlando.

SHAQisGOAT
01-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Frontcourt - SF, PF and C

The Red Viper
01-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Its a very good frontcourt but naa, not the best. Won't have them ahead of Millsap - Al Horford, Noah - Pau and even Mozgov - Love. The Wizards do however have the best backcourt in the East and amongst the Top three backcourts in the NBA.

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 10:48 PM
Al Horford vs Marcin Gortat total this season:

Al Horford: 27 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assist on 65% shooting, 5 blocks.
Marcin Gortat: 22 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist on 50% shooting, 0 blocks.

Oh yeah, Gortat is a tough machine!

Paul Millsap: 28 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists on 50% shooting, 1 block
Nene: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist on 75% shooting, 0 blocks.(granted, Nene only played one out of the two)

/thread

judging half a season off two head to head games:rolleyes: when one guy didn't play in one, and the other was our worst game of the season.

Is it just the two Hawks fans on ISH? or all 10 of you IRL Hawks fans such douches?

http://clatl.com/binary/7afc/1420743956-blog_atlanta_hawks_035.jpg
Will you still root for the Seattle Seagulls when they move you?

Graviton
01-21-2015, 10:48 PM
I remember someone told me Ibaka was better than Nene/Gortat. :roll:

They are definitely the most complete frontcourt, offense+defense+attitude. Cant wait for the playoffs.

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2015, 10:50 PM
:roll:

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 10:51 PM
I remember someone told me Ibaka was better than Nene/Gortat. :roll:

They are definitely the most complete frontcourt, offense+defense+attitude. Cant wait for the playoffs.
he is dummy

Richesly
01-21-2015, 10:57 PM
judging half a season off two head to head games:rolleyes: when one guy didn't play in one, and the other was our worst game of the season.

Is it just the two Hawks fans on ISH? or all 10 of you IRL Hawks fans such douches?

Do all Wizard fans get mad at someone being objective? And I'm pretty sure we have more Hawk fans on this board than there are wizard fans.
And since you want to bring up attendance Wizards are only 5 spots ahead of the Hawks in overall attendance and they have played 2 more home games.

JohnnyBravo5
01-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Do all Wizard fans get mad at someone being objective? And I'm pretty sure we have more Hawk fans on this board than there are wizard fans.
And since you want to bring up attendance Wizards are only 5 spots ahead of the Hawks in overall attendance and they have played 2 more home games.

Are Bullets fans really trying to criticize Hawks fans? That's hilarious.

Richesly
01-21-2015, 11:05 PM
Are Bullets fans really trying to criticize Hawks fans? That's hilarious.

No idea why he called me a douche for bringing up numbers, and even if you exclude Millsap and Nene, Horford beat Gortat in those 2 games in every aspect other than rebounding

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Objective? /thread because of two games, only one of which both the guys I'm talking about played.
Horford and Milsap are great, and I love what the Hawks are doing on the court. I still would take Gortat and Nene.

Nene is criminally underrated because of his injury history. This off season he rested, unlike the one before. We're also limiting his minutes so he'll be fresh for the playoffs. He's an all-star level big when he's on the court. He and Horford actually have similar types of impact, with Horford being a better shooter and Nene being a better passer and defender.

Hoopz2332
01-21-2015, 11:06 PM
And you're an idiot for thinking Wizards have the best front court in the east. :facepalm

They do:confusedshrug:

Richesly
01-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Objective? /thread because of two games, only one of which both the guys I'm talking about played.
Horford and Milsap are great, and I love what the Hawks are doing on the court. I still would take Gortat and Nene.

Nene is criminally underrated because of his injury history. This off season he rested, unlike the one before. We're also limiting his minutes so he'll be fresh for the playoffs. He's an all-star level big when he's on the court. He and Horford actually have similar types of impact, with Horford being a better shooter and Nene being a better passer and defender.

I see, but you guys played fine the first game, and you can't use a bad game as an excuse for Gortat not have to better numbers than Horford.

I don't watch Nene enough to determine his passing, but I don't think he is a better defender. Al Horford isn't that great on the post defensively, but he is a good shot blocker and can guard the perimeter.

Also, Al Horford is the only big to have a triple double this season in the east.

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 11:18 PM
I see, but you guys played fine the first game, and you can't use a bad game as an excuse for Gortat not have to better numbers than Horford.

I don't watch Nene enough to determine his passing, but I don't think he is a better defender. Al Horford isn't that great on the post defensively, but he is a good shot blocker and can guard the perimeter.

Also, Al Horford is the only big to have a triple double this season in the east.

Well, Nene is an excellent passer. Especially out of the post.
He doesn't have hops, but he moves his feet very quickly to cover the paint, and his man D on other bigs is great.

The Hawks have been better than the Wiz this year. The Hawks have a great coach, and the Wizards have a bum on the bench :confusedshrug: We just blew a game against OKC as I'm typing it, partially because Wittman let Gortat guard Durant for an extended period of time, without putting in any of our long, young wings to chase him around.

If you don't watch a lot of Wizards games (like most people. Before this season they were never on TV) I understand that Nene's greatness doesn't jump off the box score. He's one of those guys who just has a huge impact without putting up crazy stats.

SpecialQue
01-21-2015, 11:25 PM
Imagine if these pieces of shit add Durant? :eek:

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 11:25 PM
Imagine if these pieces of shit add Durant? :eek:
:dancin I met his aunt the other day when I was up in Maryland

SpecialQue
01-21-2015, 11:26 PM
:dancin I met his aunt the other day when I was up in Maryland

Did you get any?

Dro
01-21-2015, 11:28 PM
Frontcourt - SF, PF and C
Why has nobody mentioned this? SF is a forward, therefore they should be included. When you vote for the all star team I believe SF is included with the frontcourt also....

Ok so, I might actually have to go with Cleveland, Lebron, Mosgov, Love....

Or, if Gordon were playing, could we say Orlando? Harris, Vucevic, Gordon?

Or if PG were healthy, PG, West, Hibbert?

Or, Atlanta? Horford, Milsap, Korver/Carroll

Or, Chicago if Butler were actually playing SF (his true position IMO), Noah, Pau, Butler

Or, Washington, Nene, Gortat, Ariza.......

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 11:32 PM
Did you get any?

She's an old lady janitor lol.

OF COURSE I hit it :roll: :roll:

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 11:32 PM
Why has nobody mentioned this? SF is a forward, therefore they should be included. When you vote for the all star team I believe SF is included with the frontcourt also....

Ok so, I might actually have to go with Cleveland, Lebron, Mosgov, Love....

Or, if Gordon were playing, could we say Orlando? Harris, Vucevic, Gordon?

Or if PG were healthy, PG, West, Hibbert?

Or, Atlanta? Horford, Milsap, Korver/Carroll

Or, Chicago if Butler were actually playing SF (his true position IMO), Noah, Pau, Butler

Or, Washington, Nene, Gortat, Ariza.......

If we count SF then the Wizards aren't the best. Plus Ariza plays for Houston now.

Dro
01-21-2015, 11:40 PM
If we count SF then the Wizards aren't the best. Plus Ariza plays for Houston now.

Dunno what I was thinking.....Who the f*ck starts at SF for Wash, oh yeah Pierce........

Richesly
01-21-2015, 11:54 PM

Dunno what I was thinking.....Who the f*ck starts at SF for Wash, oh yeah Pierce........

Lol bro I always keep forgetting Pierce went to the wizards for some reason.

Dro
01-22-2015, 12:02 AM
Lol bro I always keep forgetting Pierce went to the wizards for some reason.
Its like, its just weird, seeing him in a Wizards jersey.....:facepalm

Should have retired a Celtic......

Killbot
01-22-2015, 12:17 AM
She's an old lady janitor lol.

OF COURSE I hit it :roll: :roll:

Durant definitely coming to Washington if she carrying your baby.

hawksdogsbraves
01-22-2015, 12:21 AM

We average 300 less fans than you per game. 300!

And the way our attendance is trending we'll be past you by this time next month.

Nice line of shit talk you dumbass :roll:

ralph_i_el
01-22-2015, 01:12 AM

And the way our attendance is trending we'll be past you by this time next month.

nobody is selling our team :confusedshrug:

triangleoffense
01-22-2015, 01:12 AM
Gortat still has a career? Lulz'd

also paint play really doesnt matter as much in this brave new sissified league, really all about backcourt play and that finesse paint game.

Relinquish
01-22-2015, 01:13 AM

The way they count fans is by how many season ticket holders there are + people at the game who buy one game seats. If 5k season ticket holders don't show up, they are still counted as showing up. This is why attendance numbers are very misleading.

ralph_i_el
01-22-2015, 01:17 AM
Gortat still has a career? Lulz'd
He's only 30?

Bandito
01-22-2015, 01:19 AM
You can't make this up.:roll:

poido123
01-22-2015, 01:20 AM
lol

hawksdogsbraves
01-22-2015, 01:26 AM
The way they count fans is by how many season ticket holders there are + people at the game who buy one game seats. If 5k season ticket holders don't show up, they are still counted as showing up. This is why attendance numbers are very misleading.

The Hawks only have about 6k season ticket holders, so I don't think that's all too much of an issue for us :oldlol:

I honestly don't really care if a Bulls fan talks a little trash about our poor attendance, we probably deserve it. But coming from a Wizards fan whose team averages literally the same attendance as us, it is pretty stupid.

ralph_i_el
01-22-2015, 01:33 AM
The Hawks only have about 6k season ticket holders, so I don't think that's all too much of an issue for us :oldlol:

I honestly don't really care if a Bulls fan talks a little trash about our poor attendance, we probably deserve it. But coming from a Wizards fan whose team averages literally the same attendance as us, it is pretty stupid.

I don't have to worry about our team being sold out from under us. We've seen it happen before in the NBA. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

hawksdogsbraves
01-22-2015, 01:36 AM
I don't have to worry about our team being sold out from under us. We've seen it happen before in the NBA. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

Lol I am not in the least worried about that happening.

Hotlantadude81
01-22-2015, 03:16 AM
Nene and Gortat aren't big scorers, but Gortat is elite in the PnR. Nene is elite in the post. Both can shoot the midrange J. Both have really good hands.

Now I know you're saying to yourself "What about Atlanta and Chicago"
Well, the true strength of the Wizards bigs is.....STRENGTH!

http://www.truthaboutit.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/nene-face-after-breaking-joakim-noah-heart-wizards-bulls-game-5-2014-nba-playoffs.jpg

If you have an ounce of doubt in your heart, and you step on the court against Nene and Gortat, you will be completely demoralized by the end of the game. These two are just straight MEAN. They will bump you, bruise you, and then run you up and down the court.

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/IFWT_Marcin-Gortat-2.jpg

Gortat looks like the final boss of a ****ing video game.

These are the kind of dudes you want to go to war with in the playoffs. Wall and Beal are lucky to have two talented, tough enforcers backing them up.

Tell Nene to learn how to rebound.

Hotlantadude81
01-22-2015, 03:19 AM

Nene being a better passer is funny.

3ball
01-22-2015, 03:31 AM
decent frontcourt... but i wouldn't place too many hopes in nene... he was always a letdown in denver... not sure he plays great against the better playoff comp.

btw, wiz shoot very few threes compared to most teams... should be interesting to see how successful they are in the postseason with a relatively less-emphasized outside shooting game, and strong inside game.

ditto the grizzlies.. but otherwise, all the good teams itl shoot like 50% more threes than these teams.

raprap
01-22-2015, 09:09 AM
I like Seraphin. They got a nice rotation up front. John Wall needs to be more aggressive though for them to reach there potential. I always felt that they could be better.

3ball
01-22-2015, 09:11 AM
I like Seraphin. They got a nice rotation up front. John Wall needs to be more aggressive though for them to reach there potential. I always felt that they could be better.
a brand new team will probably make the Finals this year, maybe two... so there will be multiple breakout superstars in the playoffs, and i think Wall could be one of them... I'm hoping so.

raprap
01-22-2015, 09:27 AM
a brand new team will probably make the Finals this year, maybe two... so there will be multiple breakout superstars in the playoffs, and i think Wall could be one of them... I'm hoping so.
I agree. He needs to be more aggressive though especially in the PnR, sometimes I fee like he's too passive. If he somehow finds the right combo, look out NBA. Btw, who you got coming out of the East?

Dro
01-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Wall has improved his jumper but I feel he still needs to improve it more...That would make him the best PG in the league possibly......

hawksdogsbraves
01-22-2015, 11:36 AM
I'll take Millsap/Horford over Nene/Gortat any day of the week. They're very different frontcourts, but I prefer mine to be mobile and able to shoot rather than more traditionally big post guys.

Might be biased though.

3ball
01-22-2015, 11:45 AM
I agree. He needs to be more aggressive though especially in the PnR, sometimes I fee like he's too passive. If he somehow finds the right combo, look out NBA. Btw, who you got coming out of the East?
Cavs.. but I have the same feeling the times I picked against Mayweather... paranoia

If Lebron is truly in the elite of the elite class, it should be a no-brainer... any top 15 player in history would make the Finals easily in that conference, after being surrounded by the best talent

Dro
01-22-2015, 12:13 PM
I'll take Millsap/Horford over Nene/Gortat any day of the week. They're very different frontcourts, but I prefer mine to be mobile and able to shoot rather than more traditionally big post guys.

Might be biased though.
Id take them over the Wiz front court also. I think all of the other 3 players are better than Nene so that tips the scales...He's not aggressive enough and doesn't score enough for me given his skill set, he should score more.....

hawksdogsbraves
01-22-2015, 12:46 PM
Id take them over the Wiz front court also. I think all of the other 3 players are better than Nene so that tips the scales...He's not aggressive enough and doesn't score enough for me given his skill set, he should score more.....

The dude averages 11/5 and less than a half block per game. At some point people just need to realize he's an average big man at best.

Papaya Petee
01-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Well seeing how Gortat is easily the best center in the league, I agree with this 100%.