PDA

View Full Version : The NBA season is too long

Ca$H
01-22-2015, 01:13 AM
The warriors are ready to win the championship right now! :bowdown:

Solid Snake
01-22-2015, 01:17 AM
I never understood why the season has to be almost a hundred games long. Why can't it just be like 40-50??

T_L_P
01-22-2015, 01:19 AM
I never understood why the season has to be almost a hundred games long. Why can't it just be like 40-50??

Because watching basketball games is fun.

You want 6 month off seasons, little priest?

triangleoffense
01-22-2015, 01:20 AM
Agree, next on the agenda make college players stay for at least 2-3 years.

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2015, 01:20 AM
Agreed... 58 games would be long enough, play every team twice and cut the conference bullshit.

Cowboy Thunder
01-22-2015, 01:22 AM

this ^

+ Start the NBA reg season after Football is over, or at least around Christmas.

+ Shorten the college play clock to 24 seconds

Ca$H
01-22-2015, 01:23 AM
Agreed... 58 games would be long enough, play every team twice and cut the conference bullshit.

That's actually a great idea. Then seed the playoff teams 1 to 16.

miggyme1
01-22-2015, 01:25 AM

yep and season tickets will either be higher or players salaries will be lower........higher season tickets=disgruntled fans=lower attendance, lower salaries=disgruntled players=lockout=potentially no basketball

miggyme1
01-22-2015, 01:27 AM
That's actually a great idea. Then seed the playoff teams 1 to 16.

:biggums:

stop it...this isnt the NIT in college....u dont want a conference champ???...hell the nfl and other sports get conference champs y is it so out of this world for the nba to have one?? just stop it while u ahead

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2015, 01:29 AM
yep and season tickets will either be higher or players salaries will be lower........higher season tickets=disgruntled fans=lower attendance, lower salaries=disgruntled players=lockout=potentially no basketball

yeah 58 games is so little.... immediate lockout.. :facepalm

ralph_i_el
01-22-2015, 01:31 AM
college basketball is fun to watch, but a lot of these guys should be earning real money and instead they're trapped in school making lots of money for other people.

miggyme1
01-22-2015, 01:32 AM
yeah 58 games is so little.... immediate lockout.. :facepalm

dont know basic math?

58 games is a big difference from 82 kid and it would show one way or another..u can be dumb if u want too or troll.

and i didnt say immediate lockout...eventuallly players would complain about lower salaries...hell average everyday blue collar people complain about salaries...u dont think nba players who are spoiled with the lifestyles they currently live will be happy with leaving millions on the table???? GTFOH NOW

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2015, 01:34 AM
dont know basic math?

58 games is a big difference from 82 kid and it would show one way or another..u can be dumb if u want too or troll.

and i didnt say immediate lockout...eventuallly players would complain about lower salaries...hell average everyday blue collar people complain about salaries...u dont think nba players who are spoiled with the lifestyles they currently live will be happy with leaving millions on the table???? GTFOH NOW

Nobody will care, calm your *****

L.Kizzle
01-22-2015, 01:36 AM
My dick is too long, but do you see me complaining.

PsychoBe
01-22-2015, 01:39 AM
there are a lot of games in basketball and baseball because they are supposed to be finesse sports, not overly physical sports. it should be more about your overall conditioning and technique, not strength and physical prowess. as time went on it became a lot more physical, but now they are going back to their "roots" of it being more about finesse again.

triangleoffense
01-22-2015, 01:41 AM
there are a lot of games in basketball and baseball because they are supposed to be finesse sports, not overly physical sports. it should be more about your overall conditioning and technique, not strength and physical prowess. as time went on it became a lot more physical, but now they are going back to their "roots" of it being more about finesse again.
finesse is just one aspect of the game, there are even "finesse" players in the NFL (TOM BRADY) as that's just one component.. with this type of schedule it becomes more about endurance than anything else...

and baseball is a precision game kinda like golf but in a team setting.

miggyme1
01-22-2015, 01:44 AM
Nobody will care, calm your *****

i will......... once u get it out your mouth. anybody else got any comments,questions,concerns?

oarabbus
01-22-2015, 01:46 AM
:biggums:

stop it...this isnt the NIT in college....u dont want a conference champ???...hell the nfl and other sports get conference champs y is it so out of this world for the nba to have one?? just stop it while u ahead

This is true. Conference championship does mean something in the NBA. Division winners are kinda BS compared to the NFL, but we do need conference champs in basketball. Maybe redrawing it so it's like AFC/NFC rather than East/West could be cool though.

What I think the NBA DOES need is a wildcard game. Everyone loves wildcards, works excellent in the NFL, and would be a great addition to the NBA.

Could even not limit the wildcards to a specific conference, would be exciting.

L.Kizzle
01-22-2015, 01:46 AM
Are NBA fans the only people who want their sports season shortened?

Do MLB, NFL and NHL fans scream this same nonsense?

OmniStrife
01-22-2015, 01:47 AM
As I Suns fan I ****ing agree with OP! :lol

PsychoBe
01-22-2015, 01:49 AM
finesse is just one aspect of the game, there are even "finesse" players in the NFL (TOM BRADY) as that's just one component.. with this type of schedule it becomes more about endurance than anything else...

and baseball is a precision game kinda like golf but in a team setting.

yea but brady can still get tackled, you're not supposed to tackle in basketball. that's why when a guy goes for a jumpshot, you're supposed to contest but give them room to land. or when a guy goes for a lay-up, your only options are to go for a clean block with no contact, stand your ground and make the offensive player create the contact (varies on how hard depending on if they have a full head of steam or not), or take a charge. the rules now are all about protecting the offensive players.

i do agree that the schedule is a problem though. why are teams playing 4 games in 5 nights on the road going across different timezones? do they not care about the product on the court?

miggyme1
01-22-2015, 01:49 AM
What I think the NBA DOES need is a wildcard game. Everyone loves wildcards, works excellent in the NFL, and would be a great addition to the NBA.

Could even not limit the wildcards to a specific conference, would be exciting.

okay so how many teams would get a bye and whats the purpose of teams having a bye when they still gotta play a series thats at the minimum 4 games..what if one wildcard series goes 7 games and another goes 4....one team with a bye gets a longer rest than the other...catch my drift? is that really "fair" in the long run?