PDA

View Full Version : Which team will end up with a better record: Thunder or Cavs?

hawkfan
01-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Discuss.

StephHamann
01-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Hawks

imdaman99
01-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Hawks already clinched a better record than both.

So I say Hawks.

toneloc103
01-22-2015, 12:57 PM
You guys are hilarious...
Everyone was riding the Raptors at the beginning of the season, and the are struggling big time now. Every team has peaks and valleys during the season. rest assured the hawks will have their down time. They arent contenders.. believe that

k0kakw0rld
01-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Warriors :pimp: and Toronto :coleman:

Crimsonrain777
01-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Cleveland plays in the easier conference. easier schedule to deal with so i say Cavs but i hope i'm wrong

hawkfan
01-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Everyone was riding the Raptors at the beginning of the season, and the are struggling big time now. Every team has peaks and valleys during the season. rest assured the hawks will have their down time. They arent contenders.. believe that

Alt account?

StephHamann
01-22-2015, 01:09 PM

http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/36/1.0

24-Inch_Chrome
01-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Cavs. Easier conference.

toneloc103
01-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Alt account?

Alt account for what son? I have been here as long as you. I just dont post a dozen time a day like you do. If you think the Hawks will just waltz through the rest of the season, thats cool. Salt for what?

RedBlackAttack
01-22-2015, 01:22 PM
What happened prior to the Mozgov, Shumpert and Smith for Waiters trade is almost completely inconsequential when projecting the rest of the season. The Cavs are now healthier and have a legitimate center who can protect the rim, a long defense-first guy at the 2 and what has been (so far) an upgraded version of Waiters coming off the bench.

The trade has also significantly upgraded another aspect of the team... depth coming off the bench. With Varejao getting injured, Tristan Thompson was forced to start and play nearly 40 minutes a night. Now, he can ease into a much more comfortable role, which is energy guy off the bench. Shumpert allows Smith and Marion to move to more comfortable roles off the bench as well. Marion had been awkwardly starting at the 2 for much of the season.

I'm going to judge this Cavs team based on what I see from the last five games onward, and -- at least right now - this doesn't appear to be a contest. They're currently playing their best basketball of the season by a wide margin and they play in the easier conference. I could see the Cavs finishing with 50+ wins despite the rocky start.

ImKobe
01-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Both teams will go on a run to finish the season off and make the Conference Finals at minimum if healthy.

hawkfan
01-22-2015, 01:29 PM
What happened prior to the Mozgov, Shumpert and Smith for Waiters trade is almost completely inconsequential when projecting the rest of the season. The Cavs are now healthier and have a legitimate center who can protect the rim, a long defense-first guy at the 2 and what has been (so far) an upgraded version of Waiters coming off the bench.

The trade has also significantly upgraded another aspect of the team... depth coming off the bench. With Varejao getting injured, Tristan Thompson was forced to start and play nearly 40 minutes a night. Now, he can ease into a much more comfortable role, which is energy guy off the bench. Shumpert allows Smith and Marion to move to more comfortable roles off the bench as well. Marion had been awkwardly starting at the 2 for much of the season.

I'm going to judge this Cavs team based on what I see from the last five games onward, and -- at least right now - this doesn't appear to be a contest. They're currently playing their best basketball of the season by a wide margin and they play in the easier conference. I could see the Cavs finishing with 50+ wins despite the rocky start.

Against the Hawks, Horford and Antic will pull Mozgov away from the basket. And hopefully we can add Bargnani, who will do more of the same.

If the Hawks play the Cavs, Love will move to center.

RedBlackAttack
01-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Against the Hawks, Horford and Antic will pull Mozgov away from the basket. And hopefully we can add Bargnani, who will do more of the same.

If the Hawks play the Cavs, Love will move to center.
I seriously doubt that. Mozgov isn't just a defensive big the way he is being used here. They're posting him up against smaller frontcourts and he is absolutely massive with nice touch around the basket. He also gets up and down the court very well for a guy that big.

LeBron said in an interview last night that he is the best true center he has ever played with, so I doubt they'd allow the Hawks' smallish lineup to dictate whether or not he plays.

HurricaneKid
01-22-2015, 01:53 PM

Well this is just foolish.

They have 8 losses. One of the losses was a banked 3 in OT by Lance Stephenson. One was @SA when Manu scored with 4 seconds left to win. And one was a last second loss to Orl by 1 where a long carom led to a weird fast break dunk as time expired. They are 3 buzzer beaters from having 5 losses.

toneloc103
01-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Well this is just foolish.

They have 8 losses. One of the losses was a banked 3 in OT by Lance Stephenson. One was @SA when Manu scored with 4 seconds left to win. And one was a last second loss to Orl by 1 where a long carom led to a weird fast break dunk as time expired. They are 3 buzzer beaters from having 5 losses.

Please bookmark this and lets revisit at the end of the season

Real14
01-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Reported for obvious agenda.

Doranku
01-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Well the Cavs play in the East so they're the safe bet.