PDA

View Full Version : Which guards will miss the allstar team ?

BigTicket
01-22-2015, 02:08 PM
There are 5 guard spots on each allstar roster, but more than 5 deserving players this year, so who do you think will be left out ?

East:
Wade (starter)
Wall (starter)

Top candidates for the last 3 spots:
Lowry
Irving
Teague
Butler

West:
Curry (starter)
Bryant (starter)

Top candidates for the last 3 spots:
Westbrook
Harden
Thompson
Lillard
Paul

Personally I think the snubs will be Irving, Lillard and Paul. Butler and Thompson are also possibilities, but I think they will get the nod due to their team records.

Jlamb47
01-22-2015, 02:21 PM
EAST

Wall
Wade

Irving
Butler
Lowry
Teague

WEST

Kobe
Curry

Lillard
Harden
Westbrook
Paul

Rose
Ellis
Kemba
Korever
Thompson
Conley all wont make it

BigTicket
01-22-2015, 02:25 PM
EAST

Wall
Wade

Irving
Butler
Lowry
Teague

WEST

Kobe
Curry

Lillard
Harden
Westbrook
Paul

Rose
Ellis
Kemba
Korever
Thompson
Conley all wont make it

There are only 5 guard spots, not 6, so you need to drop two more players.

Mass Debator
01-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Kyrie, Thompson, and Lillard

There's going to be a ton of State Farm commercials during break so I doubt CP3 gets snubbed as a selection. lol

I think the NBA is going to rig Thompson out of it due to his lack of total fan base as of now...but then Kobe would probably sit out so he'll get the nod eventually...

Lebronxrings
01-22-2015, 02:26 PM
all i know is cp3 doesn't deserve a spot.

Jlamb47
01-22-2015, 02:28 PM

I heard some commentators saying they might drop a big to bring some gaurds in but idk i could be wrong

if i had to drop another in the West itl be Westbrook due to his injury this year but he definetly belongs in it

and for the EAST id drop Irving over Teague but i dont see IRving not making it

They Won
01-22-2015, 02:28 PM

Aren't there 4 G spots and 2 wild cards? I think this is going to be one of those years where both wild cards will be guards.

wally_world
01-22-2015, 02:29 PM
East is pretty straight forward

Wall / Lowry / Teague
Wade / Butler

Still room for 1 more guard possibly, depends on which frontcourt players make the team.

West would be very interesting...

Curry / Westbrook / Lillard
Kobe / Harden / Thompson

I think these are closest to locks. I have a feeling CP3 will get in based on past merits (move Westbrook to SG, Klay/Harden as SF). Ellis really really deserves it and I would LOVE for him to make it, but unfortunately it doesnt look likely. Conley is another snub.

sammichoffate
01-22-2015, 02:29 PM
If the coaches are considering team success, then CP3 and Lillard have a better chance than WB even though he's a monster right now. Same goes for Teague and Lowry over Irving.

sammichoffate
01-22-2015, 02:34 PM
East is pretty straight forward

Wall / Lowry / Teague
Wade / Butler

Still room for 1 more guard possibly, depends on which frontcourt players make the team.

West would be very interesting...

Curry / Westbrook / Lillard
Kobe / Harden / Thompson

I think these are closest to locks. I have a feeling CP3 will get in based on past merits (move Westbrook to SG, Klay/Harden as SF). Ellis really really deserves it and I would LOVE for him to make it, but unfortunately it doesnt look likely. Conley is another snub.Rondo will also probably get snubbed, just pissed Conley isn't making it even though they're top 3 in the West right now :(

wally_world
01-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Rondo will also probably get snubbed, just pissed Conley isn't making it even though they're top 3 in the West right now :(

Not even remotely close to deserving it this season, esp in the West (Rondo)

sammichoffate
01-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Not even remotely close to deserving it this season, esp in the West (Rondo)Don't see why not, Conley and Teague pretty much have the same numbers. It's just that all the other guards' numbers are all incredibly stacked in comparison

HylianNightmare
01-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Hopefully Lowry

Flashbeanie
01-22-2015, 03:26 PM
They should make up a rule on the spot, disqualifying the bottom 20% of teams from having any All-Star representation. Then no Kobe, Melo, ...

houston
01-22-2015, 04:38 PM
damn will a spur make all-star team this year

BasedTom
01-22-2015, 04:46 PM
I don't think that Irving makes it, nor do I feel that he deserves it. Not a knock on him, but the other guards in the east have gotten better.

And I'd honestly prefer to see Ellis/Klay/Conley over Kobe, but lol40yearoldkobe

L.Kizzle
01-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Kobe

supernova5912
01-22-2015, 05:09 PM
all i know is cp3 doesn't deserve a spot.

It's not like Chris Paul is averaging 17.6 points, 9.6 assists, 4.6 rebounds, and 1.9 steals with only 2.1 turnovers, not to mention his 57.9 TS% and 24.5 PER, whilst leading the Clippers to a 55-game win pace. -.- Besides Curry, Harden, Lillard, and Thompson, which other guards are better in the West? Ellis and Westbrook are both more inefficient than half of the league, Conley is putting up worse numbers, and Rondo has had a 42.7 TS% since joining the Mavericks.