PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Schroder: Future All-Star or Superstar?

Richesly
01-22-2015, 02:23 PM
Or maybe neither: Here is an example of his attitude:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NMMFVYabSI

Love it.

If anyone has watched the Hawks, they will know the potential this 19 year old has.

They Won
01-22-2015, 02:25 PM
He'll be good, but I would be shocked if he ever makes an all-star team.

Milbuck
01-22-2015, 02:29 PM
From another thread..
What is the Hawks' plans for Schroder? Not trying to propose a Bucks trade like I usually do, I'm actually curious. You guys are in win now mode, and Teague is a hell of a PG. And Schroder is a hell of a backup PG down the road, but don't you think you'd be better off with more talent at other positions? Schroder could get you guys some pretty high quality win-now players in return imo, maybe a quality big man to strengthen that front court..

Demitri98
01-22-2015, 02:32 PM
I think he'll be a solid starter sometime down the road, but I doubt he'll be an All Star. Maybe a one-timer like Jameer, or something along those lines.

atljonesbro
01-22-2015, 02:53 PM
He definitely has Allstar potential. He's already this good at 21 and he's gonna get better.

Richesly
01-22-2015, 02:59 PM
He definitely has Allstar potential. He's already this good at 21 and he's gonna get better.

Last time I listen to Dominique, guy said he was 19 a week ago. :facepalm

HylianNightmare
01-22-2015, 03:16 PM
I think he'll be a solid starter sometime down the road, but I doubt he'll be an All Star. Maybe a one-timer like Jameer, or something along those lines.
This. I haven't seen much from him yet to suggest he'd get into the asg

NugzFan
01-22-2015, 03:22 PM
He's ok. Solid player but not an all star.

pastis
01-22-2015, 03:53 PM
im just impressed by his defensive ability. thats all. his midrange game is very average, his floater inconsistent, his 3 looks terribe from a technical point of view. he wont make contested shots with his shooting technique.

he was hyped, cause he had several good games in nov and dec, but he had regressed severely.

but his defense make him interesting. could getting the minutes of devin harris at dallas. would be so nice

atljonesbro
01-22-2015, 04:21 PM
He's ok. Solid player but not an all star.
I understand you have your own personal vendetta with the Hawks but can you pleas explain why you think this? He's already a starting quality point guard at age 21, elite defender, good finishing skills, good mid range game, incredibly fast. He's obviously gonna have some bad games but he's still learning and he's his growth from last year was extreme and I don't see why he won't continue to grow.

I heard this same stuff with Jeff Teague literally every year about him only being average, never being an Allstar, ect. I always told everyone he had te tools he just needed the mentality which he's had this year and he's probably gonna be an Allstar.

hawksdogsbraves
01-22-2015, 05:33 PM
im just impressed by his defensive ability. thats all. his midrange game is very average, his floater inconsistent, his 3 looks terribe from a technical point of view. he wont make contested shots with his shooting technique.

he was hyped, cause he had several good games in nov and dec, but he had regressed severely.

but his defense make him interesting. could getting the minutes of devin harris at dallas. would be so nice

He has played a bit worse, but I wouldn't say he has regressed severely. He did really well the 3 or so games Teague missed, but he doesn't get a whole lot of minutes with Teague playing as well as he has been.

I think we'll keep Schroder and let him develop more, he's still very young.

Real14
01-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Mods?

outbreak
01-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Mods?
Why are you asking for mods?

I was high on Schroder before he was drafted and still think he will be a good player. I don't see him as a repeat all star but I see him as a solid player and one of those guys who doesn't put up amazing stats but gets his own within the flow of the game.

Real14
01-22-2015, 05:52 PM
Why are you asking for mods?

I was high on Schroder before he was drafted and still think he will be a good player. I don't see him as a repeat all star but I see him as a solid player and one of those guys who doesn't put up amazing stats but gets his own within the flow of the game.
I agree that he's a good role player but we all must cut these future all star/superstar fantasy dreams of him now cuz he never will be in those categories.

pastis
01-22-2015, 05:53 PM
I agree that he's a good role player but we all must cut these future all star/superstar fantasy dreams of him now cuz he never will be in those categories.

you are right. same shit could be said about carmelo and the HOF right now.

Real14
01-22-2015, 05:56 PM
you are right. same shit could be said about carmelo and the HOF right now.
Melo is already locked for HOF bro.

NugzFan
01-22-2015, 08:17 PM
I understand you have your own personal vendetta with the Hawks but can you pleas explain why you think this? He's already a starting quality point guard at age 21, elite defender, good finishing skills, good mid range game, incredibly fast. He's obviously gonna have some bad games but he's still learning and he's his growth from last year was extreme and I don't see why he won't continue to grow.

I heard this same stuff with Jeff Teague literally every year about him only being average, never being an Allstar, ect. I always told everyone he had te tools he just needed the mentality which he's had this year and he's probably gonna be an Allstar.

Huh? This has nothing to do with how stupid hawkfan is. Frankly I would be rooting for Atlanta to succeed a lot more if he wasn't around

My opinion on schroder has nothing to do with that. Just my opinion. If you want everyone to believe what you do you probably need to stop posting on message board and/or not get so defensive.

Calling him not a future all star isn't that unrealistic at all.

GOBB
01-22-2015, 08:23 PM
Can't wait for a D.Carroll thread, or maybe that already exists. You Hawks fans, boy I tell ya

LiLharvard
01-22-2015, 08:36 PM
History tells us, YES
Small Scale harden in the making.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-22-2015, 08:55 PM
All-Star, possibly (unlikely imo), Superstar, much less likely.

Dro
01-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I think he'll be a good player...Never see him being an all-star.....I just don't see it....He's an excellent defender....Doesn't appear to be a good shooter.....Can definitely get to the basket, not sure how great of a distributor he is...Seems to be decent enough.....I dunno, I think he's a borderline starter on a contender or a very valuable role player....

NugzFan
01-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Wouldn't the Vegas odds on him making an all star game be better than even money? I think that makes my prediction more than fair.

beastee
01-22-2015, 10:43 PM
When will he ever get on a team over wall, Lowry, rose, kyrie or Teague? So I don't think it would happen for 4-5 seasons.