View Full Version : That 2013 draft

UK2K
01-23-2015, 02:29 AM
:wtf:

#1 Anthony Bennett
#2 Victor Oladipo
#3 Otto Porter
#4 Cody Zeller

There were some serviceable players taken later in the draft, like Len, Nerlens, Giannis, Adams, MCW, Dieng and Gobert

But those four picks are just awful. Awful. Dont think any of them ever sniff an ASG.

Done_And_Done
01-23-2015, 02:44 AM
The hell is up with Porter? Anybody think he's still going to pan out as that strong defensive presence that he was supposed to be? He's still super young and playing for a win-now team. I've probably only seen him play about 3-4 times since he got drafted.

KyleKong
01-23-2015, 02:46 AM
I thought Oladipo was having a good year

KNOW1EDGE
01-23-2015, 02:48 AM
Victor Oladipo awful?

U don't believe that

UK2K
01-23-2015, 02:52 AM
I thought Oladipo was having a good year
A decent year, but I dont ever see him being an all-star.

Solid for a second year player I suppose, he only has a 16 PER, but he puts up stats on a team where he basically has the green light.

Quick, name five players on the Magic...

Milbuck
01-23-2015, 03:01 AM
Dipo is a stud. He's gonna be an all-star without question imo, the question is if he becomes just an all-star or an elite player.

I wasn't really paying attention to the pre-draft analyses and shit but I still don't understand how Giannis slipped to 15. The dude's potential is ridiculous, though whether he reaches anywhere close to it or not is to be seen... If he consistently faced the age-for-age competition that guys like Wiggins, Jabari, Randle, etc faced growing up in the US, and had a full year of college ball to develop his understanding of the game...dude would've been a clear top 3 pick.

KembaWalker
01-23-2015, 03:12 AM
A decent year, but I dont ever see him being an all-star.

Solid for a second year player I suppose, he only has a 16 PER, but he puts up stats on a team where he basically has the green light.

Quick, name five players on the Magic...

Elfrid Payton
Nikola Vucevic
Channing Frye
Aaron Gordon
Tobias Harris

Wooo what do I win :pimp:

UK2K
01-23-2015, 03:16 AM
Elfrid Payton
Nikola Vucevic
Channing Frye
Aaron Gordon
Tobias Harris

Wooo what do I win :pimp:

Frye plays for the Magic?

I honestly could give you four. Five was pushing it.

andremiller07
01-23-2015, 03:17 AM
Mclemore and Dennis Schroder are going to be good.

UK2K
01-23-2015, 03:20 AM
Dipo is a stud. He's gonna be an all-star without question imo, the question is if he becomes just an all-star or an elite player.

I wasn't really paying attention to the pre-draft analyses and shit but I still don't understand how Giannis slipped to 15. The dude's potential is ridiculous, though whether he reaches anywhere close to it or not is to be seen... If he consistently faced the age-for-age competition that guys like Wiggins, Jabari, Randle, etc faced growing up in the US, and had a full year of college ball to develop his understanding of the game...dude would've been a clear top 3 pick.
Giannis was super raw. You know that.

The guys taken before him, particularly Zeller,were way overhyped. Why Bennett was the #1 pick, I will never know. He wasn't even that awesome in college.

But as far as Dipo is concerned, I don't ever see him averaging 25 points per game. He also will probably never average 6 assists or 6 boards either.

Would a 22, 5, 4 guy be an all-star? Because thats what I see for him, best case scenario. He's almost 23, how much more do you think he's going to improve?

oarabbus
01-23-2015, 03:27 AM

The guys taken before him, particularly Zeller,were way overhyped. Why Bennett was the #1 pick, I will never know. He wasn't even that awesome in college.

But as far as Dipo is concerned, I don't ever see him averaging 25 points per game. He also will probably never average 6 assists or 6 boards either.

Would a 22, 5, 4 guy be an all-star? Because thats what I see for him, best case scenario. He's almost 23, how much more do you think he's going to improve?

Those stats are certainly worthy of a multiple-year all star, IMO.

But Oladipo being elite? No way, I don't see that EVER happening

Milbuck
01-23-2015, 03:37 AM

He was raw but not so much that it should outweigh his crazy tools..and it's not like he was totally unskilled either, he had the ball handling, court vision, natural body control/feel for the game for his size from an early age. His jumper was weak but that's been the case for countless prospects.

I guess it makes sense though. Guess I'm speaking a bit too much in hindsight, just curious why the "high ceiling, ton of potential" thing didn't apply to him, with low ceiling guys like Trey Burke ahead of him.

And Dipo can definitely go beyond 22/5/4 imo. He was hurt to start the season...but after he got time to work his way back and shake off the rust...he's been putting up 22/4/4 on 59% TS in his last 10. He is soon to be 23 so he's not the super young prospect like a Wiggins or a Jabari..but he's still got anywhere from 4 to 7 years left to improve most likely. By 27-28 he could definitely peak at something like 25/5/5 imo.

Droid101
01-23-2015, 03:39 AM
He was raw but not so much that it should outweigh his crazy tools..and it's not like he was totally unskilled either, he had the ball handling, court vision, natural body control/feel for the game for his size from an early age. His jumper was weak but that's been the case for countless prospects.

I guess it makes sense though. Guess I'm speaking a bit too much in hindsight, just curious why the "high ceiling, ton of potential" thing didn't apply to him, with low ceiling guys like Trey Burke ahead of him.

And Dipo can definitely go beyond 22/5/4 imo. He was hurt to start the season...but after he got time to work his way back and shake off the rust...he's been putting up 22/4/4 on 59% TS in his last 10. He is soon to be 23 so he's not the super young prospect like a Wiggins or a Jabari..but he's still got anywhere from 4 to 7 years left to improve most likely. By 27-28 he could definitely peak at something like 25/5/5 imo.
Serious question:
If the Bucks don't offer him an extension and he takes the qualifying offer... then signs long term with another team.... will you still stan him?

Milbuck
01-23-2015, 03:45 AM
Serious question:
If the Bucks don't offer him an extension and he takes the qualifying offer... then signs long term with another team.... will you still stan him?
I'd be a non-retarded version of what JTF is to Dwight. I'd still be a Bucks fan but also support Giannis wherever he is, unless it's the Rockets or Knicks. If they managed to lose Jabari somehow as well though, I'd probably kill myself tbh.

Xiao Yao You
01-23-2015, 04:01 AM
Gobert!