PDA

View Full Version : Are Lakers fans worried they'll be better minus Kobe?

UK2K
01-23-2015, 02:47 AM
Serious question, not trolling.

Let's say they are a .400 team without him. Not awesome, but certainly not terrible.

How does that affect Kobe's mindset? How does that affect the Lakers fans mindset? If they win more games without him, than with him, would Lakers fans then be counting down the days until his contract is up?

Hate to see him go out like this. He probably should have retired after last season, but he just had to break MJ's record (no shame in that). I think at this point he's destroying his legacy, like Garnett already has.

G0ATbe
01-23-2015, 02:49 AM
We're tanking, why would anyone give a shit:kobe: ?

christian1923
01-23-2015, 02:53 AM
They'll just give Coachbe the credit for the wins.

UK2K
01-23-2015, 02:53 AM
We're tanking, why would anyone give a shit:kobe: ?

I mean for next season. This season is already over for them.

Droid101
01-23-2015, 03:00 AM
Laker fans want to win. If tanking again this year will help us win in the future, why wouldn't we want that?

G0ATbe
01-23-2015, 03:02 AM
Kobe is hibernating for the sole purpose of being fresh enough to withstand the regular season, playoffs and finals series next season. We aren't even going to see the Lakers minus Kobe. By next season we'll have a rejuvenated Kobe, a healthy motivated Randle, the #1 pick in the 2015 draft along with one or two big pieces in free agency. :rockon:

UK2K
01-23-2015, 03:03 AM
Laker fans want to win. If tanking again this year will help us win in the future, why wouldn't we want that?

Then if the Lakers go .400 from here on out, you dont want Kobe back next season correct?

Droid101
01-23-2015, 03:05 AM
Then if the Lakers go .400 from here on out, you dont want Kobe back next season correct?
.400? That's a shit tank. They need to lose way more than that this year with the garbage players we have.

We need a 1-5 pick. .400 is not good (bad) enough.

UK2K
01-23-2015, 03:22 AM
.400? That's a shit tank. They need to lose way more than that this year with the garbage players we have.

We need a 1-5 pick. .400 is not good (bad) enough.

Right, but what Im asking is, if the Lakers minus Kobe go .400 (much better than their record now) for the rest of the season, would you want to see Kobe retire and let the youngsters do their thing?

andremiller07
01-23-2015, 03:24 AM
The West get's stronger :oldlol:

miggyme1
01-23-2015, 04:12 AM
Right, but what Im asking is, if the Lakers minus Kobe go .400 (much better than their record now) for the rest of the season, would you want to see Kobe retire and let the youngsters do their thing?

nah lakers bout to be way worse now....u gotta remember the attention kobe still received from opposing defenses. with kobe gone now its so much easier to defend the lakers now for even the worst of teams.

idk if lakers can "catch" the knicks or minny as far as having the worst record by seasons end, but i believe they can finish with the third worst record.

i believe it is time for kobe to retire IF he plans on coming back to suit up for the lakers. now if he decided\s to leave LA and go join a contender for one last season thats different and i think he should consider that....he has given LA everything he has had and will ALWAYS be remembered as a laker but id like to see kobe go out on a somewhat high note whether it be a conference finals appearance or an nba finals or championship.

imnew09
01-23-2015, 04:15 AM
No. Kobe can now suit up and take over Scotts coaching position. Scott gotta retire man