PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry is UNPROVEN

retaxis
01-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Never made any noise in the playoffs before. Greatest accomplishment is beating the Denver Nuggets (Who?).

Not until he beats a decent playoff team in 1 series then we can talk about being a top PG

Jlamb47
01-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Never made any noise in the playoffs before. Greatest accomplishment is beating the Denver Nuggets (Who?).

Not until he beats a decent playoff team in 1 series then we can talk about being a top PG

relax.....

I<3NBA
01-23-2015, 10:07 AM
you can blame Mark jackson for that

AnaheimLakers24
01-23-2015, 10:09 AM
I say his only accomplishement is losing to knicks while scoring 50

so a loser

Lebronxrings
01-23-2015, 10:31 AM
isnt he the same age as durant? If hes the face, its time to give him the no excuses label/championship or bust.

SugarHill
01-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Curry has hate threads now. He is the new face. It's time. How he king with no ring!

retaxis
01-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Curry has hate threads now. He is the new face. It's time. How he king with no ring!
Meanwhile us normal people don't judge a person by their regular season and see them for how they play during the playoffs. No one really cares about a regular season because you don't make a statement for yourself or win championships in the regular season.

Mikebball1
01-23-2015, 11:35 AM
yup....he is gonna get the lebron treatment if he doesn't win a chip

Dunaprenti
01-23-2015, 11:49 AM
Meanwhile us normal people don't judge a person by their regular season and see them for how they play during the playoffs. No one really cares about a regular season because you don't make a statement for yourself or win championships in the regular season.

So the only "proven" pg right now is Westbrook? Derek Fisher is top of the class because he was owning in the playoffs etc.
Normal people judge the team first and then the indivual players. Curry, in playoffs, was the same player he was in regular season. There is zero reason to think he would play worse this year.

Real Men Wear Green
01-23-2015, 12:09 PM

If we're demanding a high level of playoff success then your top PGs are Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo. Westbrook would have a small argument.

Captvic
01-23-2015, 04:08 PM
I agree.

The Warriors cannot beat the Spurs or Thunder in a 7 game series. Why?

Westbrook>Curry

Spurs> Warriors

triangleoffense
01-23-2015, 04:09 PM
If we're demanding a high level of playoff success then your top PGs are Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo. Westbrook would have a small argument.
CP3? Beat the 2011 Lakers almost solo, while PJ was still there

L.Kizzle
01-23-2015, 04:11 PM
He's only 14 years old. C'mon, let him reach puberty first before you bash him.

Real Men Wear Green
01-23-2015, 04:16 PM
CP3? Beat the 2011 Lakers almost solo, while PJ was still there
It's a first round loss. If someone is just evaluating Paul by playoff wins and losses there's nothing good about it at all. The point of my post was that that's flawed thinking.

They Won
01-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Curry did fine in the playoffs 2 years ago.

3ball
01-23-2015, 07:38 PM
i'm very interested to see how a team that shoots mostly jumpshots will fare in the playoffs... didn't work last year, but some of their players have improved a little bit.

at the end of the day, defending jumpers is doable... just close out better and hug the 3-point line.. it's a matter of effort...

the stuff that becomes impossible to stop in the playoffs is a team that can score inside and mid-range anytime they want (i.e. Spurs)...

otoh, the 3-point shots are a given for most teams in the league... they will cancel each other out... i.e. miami hit about the same number of 3's as the Spurs last year... so that wasn't the problem....

compare to the Wizards and Hawks in last year's playoffs - the Hawks played the Pacers much better than the Wizards did, perhaps because they took twice as many threes and were a much better 3-point shooting team?... but for MOST teams, the 3's cancel each other out - most teams can reach that minimum, default level of 3-pointers needed to compete.