3.0 assist per game

Shooting 6% from the field.

0% from beyond the arc.

26 minutes a game.

"Still better than Lin."

- Byron Scott

navy
01-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Tanking. Or maybe they are saving Lin for a trade.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-24-2015, 04:57 PM
I don't understand how a PG who can't shoot nor run a team is still in the NBA.

How many NBA players have a TEN year career with the averages of 3.6 ppg and 1.7 apg on .375/.292/.734?

chocolatethunder
01-24-2015, 05:05 PM
Lin's stats from last game:
DNP CD

qrich
01-24-2015, 05:39 PM

How many NBA players have a TEN year career with the averages of 3.6 ppg and 1.7 apg on .375/.292/.734?

Overton wasn't far off, but dude hit shots at least.

Done_And_Done
01-24-2015, 05:40 PM
He has one of my favorite posters of all time so he gets a pass from me.

Kidbasketball20
01-25-2015, 04:20 AM

How he is starting on a team that has zero weapons on offense is baffling.

IMObjective
01-25-2015, 04:51 AM
Lin's stats from last game:
DNP CD
Lin is a scrub but you have a fixation on the guy. You really letting one obsessed stan, kidbasketball20, get to you?

Kidbasketball20
01-25-2015, 05:00 AM
Lin is a scrub but you have a fixation on the guy. You really letting one obsessed stan, kidbasketball20, get to you?

"Lin is a scrub" is just such stupidity. For someone "objective" you clearly don't know how basketball players are talent wise.

IMObjective
01-25-2015, 05:36 AM
"Lin is a scrub" is just such stupidity. For someone "objective" you clearly don't know how basketball players are talent wise.
I like lin, I want him to be a great player, but right now he can only be called a scrub. Is he a (deserving) star? Can I say he's a great player? A valuable player? I've seen your arguments. Always the team's, the coach's, the "ball hogging" star teammate's fault. Everyone but lin. You think his only problem is inconsistency. Consistent great play is what separates the great players from the scrubs. Even scrubs can go off for 30 pts once in a while.

I've defended lin against chocolate thunder in the past. I enjoyed linsanity, I want him to be great. I can see some talent there. But his play on the Lakers has been very inconsistent and scrub like. At least I'm not one of the many people saying he shouldn't even be in the league. You're fighting an uphill battle with this whole hardcore stanning lin thing.

Cocaine80s
01-25-2015, 05:48 AM
Not bad at all.

Best pg on the Laker squad imo

El Kabong
01-25-2015, 06:02 AM
Ahh, starting PG Ronnie Price. I remember those days! That was a fun 4 years to be a Jazz fan.

Kidbasketball20
01-25-2015, 06:08 AM
I like lin, I want him to be a great player, but right now he can only be called a scrub. Is he a (deserving) star? Can I say he's a great player? A valuable player? I've seen your arguments. Always the team's, the coach's, the "ball hogging" star teammate's fault. Everyone but lin. You think his only problem is inconsistency. Consistent great play is what separates the great players from the scrubs. Even scrubs can go off for 30 pts once in a while.

I've defended lin against chocolate thunder in the past. I enjoyed linsanity, I want him to be great. I can see some talent there. But his play on the Lakers has been very inconsistent and scrub like. At least I'm not one of the many people saying he shouldn't even be in the league. You're fighting an uphill battle with this whole hardcore stanning lin thing.

I agree Lin has been very inconsistent. That doesn't mean he is a scrub.

A scrub is Ronnie Price with his numbers and minutes.

If Lin had decent teammates and a decent coach he'd be much more consistent.

pastis
01-25-2015, 06:27 AM
it surprises me everytime that guys like him can play 5-10 or even more seasons in the fvcking NBA, earning million of dollars.
this guy is a RS career 37 % shooter and a career playoff 27 % shooter.

KungFuJoe
01-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Coaches like no nonsense soldiers. Guys who don't make much impact but don't make many mistakes.

Lin's ceiling is much higher than Prices but his lows are pretty bad. It depends in what you want. Can you live with spurts of great offense (and yes, when Lin is on he's ON) or would you rather have steady as she goes?

While I understand reasons why coaches don't like Lin what I don't get is this refusal to try and develop him. People are acting like he's a ten year vet that should be playing great Laker ball when the reality is...we SUCK! We really do and who can excel in a situation like this? Not one guy is performing exceptionally. Not even Davis who EVERYONE was hyping early on.

Lin is 26/27 and basically in his third year of full time play. He's not some old dude who can't get better.

Mirjalovic
01-25-2015, 09:02 AM
Coaches like no nonsense soldiers. Guys who don't make much impact but don't make many mistakes.

Lin's ceiling is much higher than Prices but his lows are pretty bad. It depends in what you want. Can you live with spurts of great offense (and yes, when Lin is on he's ON) or would you rather have steady as she goes?

While I understand reasons why coaches don't like Lin what I don't get is this refusal to try and develop him. People are acting like he's a ten year vet that should be playing great Laker ball when the reality is...we SUCK! We really do and who can excel in a situation like this? Not one guy is performing exceptionally. Not even Davis who EVERYONE was hyping early on.

Lin is 26/27 and basically in his third year of full time play. He's not some old dude who can't get better.

1.7 points per game

1.5 rebounds per game

3.0 assist per game

Shooting 6% from the field.

0% from beyond the arc.

26 minutes a game.

i bet Lin's low wont that bad compared Price's statsline

ImKobe
01-25-2015, 10:30 AM
This is the Lakers' starting point guard.

But Kobe is such a bad, negative player...this team is a championship contender without him :kobe:

watch them win maybe 5-10 more games the rest of the year...FO better trade Hill and/or Davis away to make sure this team doesn't fluke out too many wins.

At least we no longer are the worst defense in the league (29th in DRTG :lebronamazed:)

LakersFan626
01-25-2015, 10:31 AM
How he is starting on a team that has zero weapons on offense is baffling.

Kobe, Lin, Boozer, Young, and Hill aren't weapons? Anybody who's a threat to score in double figures is a weapon.

I am also baffled as to why Price is starting, other than for tanking purposes, but Lin not even playing in the last game with Jordan Clarkson starting (as well as Ellington, Kelly, and SACRE), against the Spurs? That's OBVIOUS tanking right there.

ImKobe
01-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Kobe, Lin, Boozer, Young, and Hill aren't weapons? Anybody who's a threat to score in double figures is a weapon.

I am also baffled as to why Price is starting, other than for tanking purposes, but Lin not even playing in the last game with Jordan Clarkson starting (as well as Ellington, Kelly, and SACRE), against the Spurs? That's OBVIOUS tanking right there.

Those are considered weapons now? No one besides Hill nor Kobe this year would be a legitimate starter anywhere else... Young is an overrated chucker that doesn't impact the game unless his shot is on, Boozer on the defensive end is just horrible, Lin is way too inconsistent to be considered a weapon.

Of course they are tanking, they have been ever since they started sitting Kobe, and they were stupid enough to bring him back after the Cleveland game...They should have just shut him down already... I'm really hoping this rotator cuff injury is exaggerated so they could justify their tank and shut him down, it still seems a little too convenient to me, just like last year with the knee injury.

People (especially the media) is out there talking about how Kobe has suffered 3 "season-ending" injuries the last 3 years, but let's be honest here for a second. Does anyone think his injury last year was severe? He broke a bone in his knee, but was totally fine to finish the game and looked great and took a shit on Tony Allen. Injury was reported to be anywhere from 4-6 weeks to recover from, yet they shut him down...:confusedshrug:, and it's not like he had a Wade type shoulder injury, where he was down in pain and screaming or some shit, it seems like he had a minor tear earlier in the season and it just started acting up. I don't think he'd even need surgery unless it benefited him more in the long run, he played on the same injury in 2004 after re-injuring his shoulder on that reverse dunk on KG and played through the WCF and Finals, though he had already re-injured that shoulder in January of that same season...that had to be way more painful with him injuring the same shoulder 3 times in one year and on contact plays, unlike him just grabbing it after a routine dunk.

It didn't stop Kobe back when the team was a title contender :confusedshrug: