PDA

View Full Version : Knicks are 3-4 since the smith trade

Teanett
01-24-2015, 05:14 PM
they quadrupled their winning percentage without him.
:applause:

Phil knows basketball
:pimp:

Eric Cartman
01-24-2015, 05:15 PM
The Josh Smith effect.

Teanett
01-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Josh + JR = Cancer Bros

Real Men Wear Green
01-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Probably right but hasn't he done well so far in Cleveland? Not a full Josh Smith effect.

smoovegittar
01-24-2015, 06:06 PM
:oldlol: I lafffed!

KungFuJoe
01-24-2015, 06:31 PM
The New York Knicks. Where going 3-4 is thread worthy. :facepalm

Mikebball1
01-24-2015, 07:00 PM
josh smith and jr smith have something in common....cancer maybe!

smoovegittar
01-24-2015, 07:47 PM
The New York Knicks. Where going 3-4 is thread worthy. :facepalm
Go back to the Lin thread, thank you.

imnew09
01-24-2015, 07:51 PM
championship bound :lol

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2015, 07:52 PM
lol

JR Smith is averaging 18 points on 48% FG and 46% 3PT in his last six games with the Cavs. Throw in 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals per game for fun. And, they're 5-1 in that span.

JR is the kind of guy who will either make a bad team much worse or a good team much better. I think that's what we've seen this year.

Teanett
01-24-2015, 07:59 PM
lol

JR Smith is averaging 18 points on 48% FG and 46% 3PT in his last six games with the Cavs. Throw in 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals per game for fun. And, they're 5-1 in that span.

JR is the kind of guy who will either make a bad team much worse or a good team much better. I think that's what we've seen this year.

JR is a terrible go-to scorer, or even second option.
he is a very good 4th option.
i'll give him that.

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2015, 08:10 PM
JR is a terrible go-to scorer, or even second option.
he is a very good 4th option.
i'll give him that.
Agreed. And, the Cavs desperately needed a 4th scorer behind LeBron, Kyrie and Love. I completely understand why the Knicks dumped JR and his (crazy) contract and the Cavs were a great landing spot for him.

What confuses me is the high price that the Knicks paid the Cavs to take JR's contract off their hands... Shumpert. He's still a very young (just turned 24), talented 2 who doesn't seem like a me-first player and actually enjoys defense.

Just from the outside looking in, that seems like a steep price to pay for ridding themselves of Smith. Thoughts? :confusedshrug:

imdaman99
01-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Agreed. And, the Cavs desperately needed a 4th scorer behind LeBron, Kyrie and Love. I completely understand why the Knicks dumped JR and his (crazy) contract and the Cavs were a great landing spot for him.

What confuses me is the high price that the Knicks paid the Cavs to take JR's contract off their hands... Shumpert. He's still a very young (just turned 24), talented 2 who doesn't seem like a me-first player and actually enjoys defense.

Just from the outside looking in, that seems like a steep price to pay for ridding themselves of Smith. Thoughts? :confusedshrug:
I loved Shump but it became painfully obvious that he was not going to shine here. He was the one guy who wanted to play D on a team where no one else did. Plus, he needs to be on a team where his offense was not depended on since he is so inconsistent on that end. He would have 4 straight games with 20+ points and then average 4 a game for the next week. I wish him well though. Will miss his defensive intensity.

Teanett
01-24-2015, 08:17 PM

Shumpert development wasnt going anywhere in New York.
he is still the same player he was as a rookie/sophomore. due to the fact that he was with the Knicks, he is also overrated;
i heard the Cavs' commentators say stuff like, he has great range and can guard at least 3 positions... :facepalm

he was also asked to do things he's incapable of like helping out on point guard. quite simply put: he needed a fresh start and couldnt help the knicks any longer.

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2015, 08:26 PM
I loved Shump but it became painfully obvious that he was not going to shine here. He was the one guy who wanted to play D on a team where no one else did. Plus, he needs to be on a team where his offense was not depended on since he is so inconsistent on that end. He would have 4 straight games with 20+ points and then average 4 a game for the next week. I wish him well though. Will miss his defensive intensity.

Shumpert development wasnt going anywhere in New York.
he is still the same player he was as a rookie/sophomore. due to the fact that he was with the Knicks, he is also overrated;
i heard the Cavs' commentators say stuff like, he has great range and can guard at least 3 positions... :facepalm

he was also asked to do things he's incapable of like helping out on point guard. quite simply put: he needed a fresh start and couldnt help the knicks any longer.

Insightful stuff guys.

I haven't watched him enough yet to really comment and, sometimes, rebuilding from the ground up can cost you a little bit. I think the Knicks are doing the right thing. You either want to be really good or really bad in this league. Middling teams that aren't loaded with young talent generally go nowhere in the NBA.

We'll see how things work out.

poido123
01-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Langston Galloway has been balling.

Nice find by the Knicks from the scrap heap. :applause:

It's A VC3!!!
01-24-2015, 08:59 PM
the knicks last three wins have come against bottom of the barrel competition. literally no point in this thread. the knicks will go on another 16 game losing streak very shortly.

MellowYellow
01-24-2015, 09:00 PM

Nah, Shump was worse than Smith. They did good to get rid of both of those selfish players.

I<3NBA
01-24-2015, 09:05 PM
3-4 is still a losing record :facepalm

MellowYellow
01-24-2015, 09:13 PM
Knicks are actually 3-5 since the terror sg's were traded.

Of note Melo didn't play in 4 of those losses.

hawkfan
01-24-2015, 10:56 PM

How much will he want to re-up?

smoovegittar
01-24-2015, 11:35 PM

I like the kid, but he's damaged goods. Very emotional. I think Phil saw enough to decide to move him; I think it's for the best. He'll be a valuable contributor elsewhere.

niko
01-24-2015, 11:36 PM
the knicks last three wins have come against bottom of the barrel competition. literally no point in this thread. the knicks will go on another 16 game losing streak very shortly.
Because it benefits us to get a pick. What's the Nets excuse?

smoovegittar
01-24-2015, 11:36 PM
Aren't you the bright spark. :rolleyes:

smoovegittar
01-24-2015, 11:37 PM

How can you call it a "find from the scrap heap" when the kid's a rookie?

niko
01-24-2015, 11:47 PM
Smith's not a bad pickup but he's not someone you can have in a losing environment because he feeds off it, doesn't care. He plays just to play. It will be fine with Lebron because crunch time in the playoffs, he won't be scared. A lot of guys are. But in a place where we need him to tutor rookies, etc. - there's no chance.

Teanett
01-25-2015, 09:37 AM

Galloway has been amazing. the guy knows how to play,

Twiens
01-25-2015, 11:36 AM
Melo played in those three wins, all against bad teams. Not much too do with JR.