PDA

View Full Version : Why exactly is Jimmy Butler considered a lock for MIP?

nba_55
01-24-2015, 10:09 PM
what about Klay?

RightTwoCensor
01-24-2015, 10:15 PM
The only thing Klay has improved statistically is his shooting (+4 PPG).

Butler has improved across the board.

Klay has an All-Star backcourt mate.

Butler's backcourt mate has been a shell of his former self until recently.

Klay has never been the #1 option through the season.

Butler has had to take the Bulls under his wings offensively some games.

Mirzas
01-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Well seeing as Thompson has been considered an established offensive threat for up to two years now, and Butler went from that guy on the Bulls with a nappy taper fade to a very exceptional shooting guard. I think it's safe to say that Butler has the edge here.

navy
01-24-2015, 10:19 PM
Butler jumped up like 8 ppg.

nba_55
01-24-2015, 10:20 PM
The only thing Klay has improved statistically is his shooting (+4 PPG).

Butler has improved across the board.

Klay has an All-Star backcourt mate.

Butler's backcourt mate has been a shell of his former self until recently.

Klay has never been the #1 option through the season.

Butler has had to take the Bulls under his wings offensively some games.

I don't see how all the bold parts relate to MIP. Having an all-star backcourt mate would actually hurt Butler's MIP case, he would have share the ball more, he would outshined by him,...

Then you said Butler improved across the board, that's too general. Be more specific.

Meticode
01-24-2015, 10:21 PM
A lot of it has to do with the fact that while Rose was out, Butler stepped up his game, kept the Bulls afloat along with NOah and has been still been playing pretty well. Butler without a doubt so far. If you told me he'd be averaging 21/6/3 this far into the season I would've laughed.

nba_55
01-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Butler jumped up like 8 ppg.

per 36 minutes, he jumped 6 ppg and Thompson jumped 6.5 ppg, Thompson is playing less minutes because of blowouts.

poido123
01-24-2015, 10:23 PM
OP is a dumb f.ck bulls hater.

Nothing to see here.

nba_55
01-24-2015, 10:25 PM
OP is a dumb f.ck bulls hater.

Nothing to see here.

He doesn't even provide us a few names of guys who should be considered :oldlol:

I said Klay. And how am I a bulls hater, I had them as the favorites to win the titles few weeks earlier. :facepalm

navy
01-24-2015, 10:30 PM
per 36 minutes, he jumped 6 ppg and Thompson jumped 6.5 ppg, Thompson is playing less minutes because of blowouts.
per 36 sucks.

Anyways butler went from defense only to the Bulls best scorer in one season. Huge jump.

Klay was always good offensively and defensively. Although, those 50 point games are gonna make his ppg crazy.

nba_55
01-24-2015, 10:33 PM
per 36 sucks.

Anyways butler went from defense only to the Bulls best scorer in one season. Huge jump.

Klay was always good offensively and defensively. Although, those 50 point games are gonna make his ppg crazy.

They don't suck. You talked about jump in ppg, it's unfair for Klay to use ppg because in many games, he doesn't have to play the 4th. On the other hand, Butler gets 40+ minutes constantly.

Butler isn't their best scorer, it's Rose.

hawksdogsbraves
01-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Butler objectively improved a lot more than Thompson :confusedshrug:

RightTwoCensor
01-24-2015, 10:37 PM
They don't suck. You talked about jump in ppg, it's unfair for Klay to use ppg because in many games, he doesn't have to play the 4th. On the other hand, Butler gets 40+ minutes constantly.

Butler isn't their best scorer, it's Rose.
Klay doesn't have to play extended minutes because his team has great depth and they don't need to rely on him, as opposed to Jimmy Butler where so far this season he's been the Bulls #1 option on the perimeter and go-to lockdown defender.

You're just talking out of your ass now, just accept that Butler is the MIP and get over it.

nba_55
Butler objectively improved a lot more than Thompson :confusedshrug:

I don't have a problem admitting it, but just prove it to me with arguments. I am not here to tell everyone they are wrong.

RightTwoCensor
Consistently arguing back and forth gets people no where.

nba_55
01-24-2015, 10:38 PM
Klay doesn't have to play extended minutes because his team has great depth and they don't need to rely on him, as opposed to Jimmy Butler where so far this season he's been the Bulls #1 option on the perimeter and go-to lockdown defender.

You're just talking out of your ass now, just accept that Butler is the MIP and get over it.

So Thompson shouldn't win MIP no matter how much he improves, only because his team is very good?

good point!

RightTwoCensor
01-24-2015, 10:43 PM
So Thompson shouldn't win MIP no matter how much he improves, only because his team is very good?

good point!
No need for me to keep arguing with you.

While you're constantly refreshing this thread because you're life is so awesome, hole this L.