PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings injured

Eric Cartman
01-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Some sort of foot injury, will update and edit as info comes in.

They got him in a wheelchair a la Wade.

https://olearystudio.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/ruptured-achilles-tendon.jpg

Video of the supposed achilles tear http://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-nba/rake2204/video-brandon-jennings-suffers-serious-low-leg-injury/23391/.

Rake2204
01-24-2015, 10:15 PM
That very much looked like a torn Achilles.

Ariza4three
01-24-2015, 10:15 PM
He was playing so well...

Eric Cartman
01-24-2015, 10:17 PM

He went to the floor HARD without any contact.

Just spit balling here but it could be a broken ankle :confusedshrug:

Rake2204
01-24-2015, 10:18 PM
He went to the floor HARD without any contact.

Just spit balling here but it could be a broken ankle :confusedshrug:It could be, but the manner with which he planted has me thinking Achilles. Greg Kelser said, "I know what that looks like, but I won't say it."

Not a good sign.

Meticode
01-24-2015, 10:19 PM
Absolutely horrible if it's bad. Van Gundy made a gutsy move to swallow Josh Smith's contract for the good of the team, they have played absolutely fantastic basketball since he was waived. Jennings just had the first 20/20 game of the season and now this? Horrible. :(

RightTwoCensor
01-24-2015, 10:21 PM
Took a lot shit since leaving HS for oversees basketball. Took a lot of shit after not living up to the hype he garnered after his big rookie game. Took a lot of shit for his Drew League mentality. Took a lot of shit after being traded.

Now he's learned to lead a team out of the garbage and this happens, feel bad for the dude.

jayfan
01-24-2015, 10:24 PM

Without a doubt. Such a shame. Ugh.

Meticode
01-24-2015, 10:30 PM
Just saw the replay on ESPN, wow. The way he pressed off his foot and the way he grabbed it, looks like torn Achilles to me. :( Dude was in absolute pain.

hawksdogsbraves
01-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Damn that's brutal. They can't make the playoffs without him either.

Rake2204
01-24-2015, 10:44 PM
Video (not pretty): http://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-nba/rake2204/video-brandon-jennings-suffers-serious-low-leg-injury/23391/

daily
01-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Some sort of foot injury, will update and edit as info comes in.

They got him in a wheelchair a la Wade.

So that would be his shoulder :D

Video is terrible looking that has season ending written all over it

RightTwoCensor
01-24-2015, 10:48 PM
Did Caron Bulter just ****ing laugh and walk away from his teammate?

TaLvsCuaL
01-24-2015, 10:51 PM
I don't really like him but nobody deserves that :(

buddha
01-24-2015, 10:53 PM
that's a ruptured achilles.

Hey Yo
01-24-2015, 11:41 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 6 minutes ago
THIS JUST IN:
Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy says Brandon Jennings is out for foreseeable future w/ left leg injury that "doesn't look good."

Done_And_Done
01-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Bodes well for my Raps tomorrow but that aside, it's a true shame seeing as how he was finally turning heads again since his 50 point game as rook. Everyone had pretty well written Jennings off as a cancerous plague until recently.

Anyone know what these injuries usually require in terms of healing time? Surgery?

RightTwoCensor
01-24-2015, 11:45 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 6 minutes ago
THIS JUST IN:
Sucks for him. Not a fan of SVG, but he would've been in the running for COTY if had his team made the playoffs.

RightTwoCensor
01-24-2015, 11:51 PM
Bodes well for my Raps tomorrow but that aside, it's a true shame seeing as how he was finally turning heads again since his 50 point game as rook. Everyone had pretty well written Jennings off as a cancerous plague until recently.

Anyone know what these injuries usually require in terms of healing time? Surgery?
I believe Kobe and Dominique had the same injury, but Jennings looked more severe just from the fact that he couldn't manage to walk at all on that foot.

He's probably out for the season and should be eyeing his return at the start of next season, the same season he'll be on the last year of his contract. (That really sucks the most :( )

If he heals the way he should heal he should be fine for his future barring any additional and unfortunate injury. His game isn't based on athleticism, but more on jump shooting and passing.

Miss Bella
01-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Rake2204, are you a writer on detroitsportsnation?

PistonsFan#21
01-25-2015, 12:01 AM
wow this is really a shock. Not only for the team but i can only imagine the pain hes going through physically and emotionally. Such a banal play too

:cry:

Done_And_Done
01-25-2015, 12:07 AM
I believe Kobe and Dominique had the same injury, but Jennings looked more severe just from the fact that he couldn't manage to walk at all on that foot.

He's probably out for the season and should be eyeing his return at the start of next season, the same season he'll be on the last year of his contract. (That really sucks the most :( )

If he heals the way he should heal he should be fine for his future barring any additional and unfortunate injury. His game isn't based on athleticism, but more on jump shooting and passing.

Thanks brother. Well explained...

KempSonics
01-25-2015, 12:33 AM
This is awful and the timing is so bizarre when you think about what's been happening with Jennings and the Pistons.

Pistons fans...sorry :cry:

chazzy
01-25-2015, 12:56 AM
God damn that's awful. And people say achilles tears are "painless"

eliteballer
01-25-2015, 01:08 AM
Just as he was starting to play to this potential. Damn.

Miss Bella
01-25-2015, 01:11 AM
God damn that's awful. And people say achilles tears are "painless"

Partial tears, like the one Jennings had is very painful. Kobe had a full tear if I remember correctly, those doesn't hurt as much.

hawksdogsbraves
01-25-2015, 01:22 AM

If it's an achilles tear, absolutely surgery. He would probably be ready by the start of next season.

BasedTom
01-25-2015, 01:26 AM
josh smith is doing jumping jacks around his flat

ImKobe
01-25-2015, 09:48 AM
Sucks to see this as a Laker fan, that shit hurts bad when you pop it. He was in some serious pain right there, it looked worse than Kobe's because of the way he tore it.

Good thing is that there have been recent breakthroughs in the achilles surgery, so he should be there to start the season off, and he's still young so I'm sure it won't affect him too much, his achilles will actually be stronger once it's healed. Nique said his achilles was better than ever after the surgery and he actually has issues with the achilles he didn't have any injury on.

It's a devastating injury because it ended his season and any hopes of Pistons making a run late in the season, but he will be good come next year.