PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with the Bulls if they fire Thibs.

Upgrayedd
01-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Thibs is a top 5 coach in the league. Top 3 actually. The only two coaches I'd take over Thibs are Popovich and Carlisle.

If Thibs is fired it just proves what a f***ing joke Bulls management is. They ran Skiles out of town, they ran Phil Jackson out of town, they ran Del Negro out of town. And now Thibs?

Paxson and Forman suck.

BasedTom
01-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Thibs is a top 5 coach in the league. Top 3 actually. The only two coaches I'd take over Thibs are Popovich and Carlisle.

If Thibs is fired it just proves what a f***ing joke Bulls management is. They ran Skiles out of town, they ran Phil Jackson out of town, they ran Del Negro out of town. And now Thibs?

Paxson and Forman suck.
elite company right there

senelcoolidge
01-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Firing Thibs would be a mentally retarded move.

Upgrayedd
01-25-2015, 06:46 PM

He at least took the Bulls to two playoff appearances.

qrich
01-25-2015, 06:48 PM

Seriously, that was just idiotic to input there.

RightTwoCensor
01-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Here's me thinking Bulls fans are loyal and don't just bandwagon only if their team team has a star player.

Kblaze8855
They ran Skiles out of town, they ran Phil Jackson out of town, they ran Del Negro out of town. And now Thibs?

One of these things is not like the others....

BasedTom
He at least took the Bulls to two playoff appearances.
if that's what matters, then meet your new 2014-2015 Head Coach of the Chicago Bulls
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/cavaliers/mike-brown-640.jpg

AnaheimLakers24
01-25-2015, 06:51 PM
He can coach lakers. Scott sucks

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 06:53 PM

Paxson and Forman suck.

Sorry, but coach Bud is better than Thibs.

Thibs runs his players into the ground. He is basically the new Lenny Wilkens.

SpecialQue
01-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Wait, what the fvck is going on?

Richesly
01-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Shit, I'd throw a party if I was a bulls fan and I heard Thibs was getting fired.

Richesly
01-25-2015, 06:58 PM

Yeah, he just lost all credibility with that post.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:00 PM

What a bunch of bullshit. Do you want to know another coach who played his starters a lot of minutes... Phil Jackson. He doesn't run anybody into the ground. He's an elite coach that gets the most out of his players. The only coach I'd take over him, because of his great success, is Poppovich. The Bulls are struggling because they have a lot of problems. Rose has been inconsistent and nowhere near as good as he used to be, Noah has been hurt a lot and when he's played he's been awful and they're also missing a valuable role player in Mike Dunleavy.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Shit, I'd throw a party if I was a bulls fan and I heard Thibs was getting fired.

You're a ****ing idiot then. That would be a terrible move.

Richesly
01-25-2015, 07:01 PM
What a bunch of bullshit. Do you want to know another coach who played his starters a lot of minutes... Phil Jackson. He doesn't run anybody into the ground. He's an elite coach that gets the most out of his players. The only coach I'd take over him, because of his great success, is Poppovich. The Bulls are struggling because they have a lot of problems. Rose has been inconsistent and nowhere near as good as he used to be, Noah has been hurt a lot and when he's played he's been awful and they're also missing a valuable role player in Mike Dunleavy.

Thibs literally ruined Jimmy's season.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Thibs literally ruined Jimmy's season.

He didn't literally ruin shit you idiot. Butler has been struggling a bit offensively lately and Thibodeau ruined his season? Just pure idiocy. Butler is struggling because he's still not a dynamic offensive threat. He's improved greatly but he's still going to have sub par games.

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 07:05 PM

They nearly have an entire starting line up of all stars, but they're 7 games behind in the standings. I know they've had injury problems, but still....

Hell, Kidd has a roster full of mostly backups and he he has them over .500.

Bud has a team that is both a top 5 offensive and top 5 defensive team. Thibs hasn't done that.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:06 PM
We're in ****ing January and there's a retard on here saying Thibs has already ruined Jimmy Butler's season. . . even when his averages are still excellent. My god there are some dumbass people on this board and lately a lot of them seem to be Atlanta Hawk fans for some reason. . .

Kblaze8855
01-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Lenny went to two finals, won a ring, and had 55+ win seasons on 3 or 4 teams....

I doubt he had 5 healthy bad teams before he came to the Knicks.

He didnt luck into the second most wins of all time. He didnt just tag along on godly rosters or anything.

He had some good players...he never had anyone close to the leagues best. price and Daugherty....Gus Williams and young DJ...Nique briefly...Danny Manning? Young Vince was nice...but he doesnt make a team special.

Good players...but he didnt Riley/Phil it and arrive with top 5-10 all time guys.

He did a bit too much to have someone compared to him as a negative.

How many coaches won rings with less highly regarded stars?

Not calling those Sonics scrubs...im just saying by the standards of title teams...they are on the low end star power wise.

Richesly
01-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Where in ****ing January and there's a retard on here saying Thibs has already ruined Jimmy Butler's season. . . even when his averages are still excellent. My god there are some dumbass people on this board and lately a lot of them seem to be Atlanta Hawk fans for some reason. . .

Holy shit, this is a NBA discussion board, you are getting so mad at people having a different opinion than you.

I don't think your suited for this board.

navy
01-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Bulls need to re invent the offense. Get an assistant coach for Thibs.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:08 PM
They nearly have an entire starting line up of all stars, but they're 7 games behind in the standings. I know they've had injury problems, but still....

Hell, Kidd has a roster full of mostly backups and he he has them over .500.

Bud has a team that is both a top 5 offensive and top 5 defensive team. Thibs hasn't done that.

They do not have nearly an entire starting lineup of all stars. That's bullshit first and foremost. Rose is coming off two major injuries and he's nowhere near all star right now. The consistency and dominance just isn't there, nor is the all around play. Noah is a shell of himself right now, again nowhere near an all star. Gasol has had a very good season but he's still an older player and will have off games. Butler has had an excellent season but he has yet to prove he can play at an all star level for an entire season.

Kblaze8855
01-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Where in ****ing January and there's a retard on here saying Thibs has already ruined Jimmy Butler's season. . . even when his averages are still excellent. My god there are some dumbass people on this board and lately a lot of them seem to be Atlanta Hawk fans for some reason. . .

Yea...hes ruined the season of a guy who went from role player to all star on his watch....

Richesly
01-25-2015, 07:10 PM
They do not have nearly an entire starting lineup of all stars. That's bullshit first and foremost. Rose is coming off two major injuries and he's nowhere near all star right now. The consistency and dominance just isn't there, nor is the all around play. Noah is a shell of himself right now, again nowhere near an all star. Gasol has had a very good season but he's still an older player and will have off games. Butler has had an excellent season but he has yet to prove he can play at an all star level for an entire season.

That's a much better post than just calling people idiots for disagreeing.

I agree.

Butler either started hot and is coming back down, or is in a slump and will get out of it soon enough.

We'll find out soon.

PieceOfFelt
Holy shit, this is a NBA discussion board, you are getting so mad at people having a different opinion than you.

I don't think your suited for this board.

I'm not getting mad at people for having an opinion, genius. I'm saying that there are a lot of dumb people, such as yourself, with some very dumb opinions, with little to back them up. Basically what we get from people like you is out of town stupid.

Hotlantadude81
Lenny went to two finals, won a ring, and had 55+ win seasons on 3 or 4 teams....

I doubt he had 5 healthy bad teams before he came to the Knicks.

He didnt luck into the second most wins of all time. He didnt just tag along on godly rosters or anything.

He had some good players...he never had anyone close to the leagues best. price and Daugherty....Gus Williams and young DJ...Nique briefly...Danny Manning? Young Vince was nice...but he doesnt make a team special.

Good players...but he didnt Riley/Phil it and arrive with top 5-10 all time guys.

He did a bit too much to have someone compared to him as a negative.

How many coaches won rings with less highly regarded stars?

Not calling those Sonics scrubs...im just saying by the standards of title teams...they are on the low end star power wise.

I'm not saying Thibs sucks. He is a top 5-7 coach in the league. No doubt.

But I remember how broken down the Hawks teams down here looked when going into the playoffs.

Richesly
01-25-2015, 07:11 PM
I'm not getting mad at people for having an opinion, genius. I'm saying that there are a lot of dumb people, such as yourself, with some very dumb opinions, with little to back them up. Basically what we get from people like you is out of town stupid.

I'm just going by stats to back up my opinions. Are you saying stats are dumb?

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 07:12 PM

Gasol and Butler are going to make the all star team... Noah made it last year, and even Rose in his current form is better than a lot of the PG's in the league.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:13 PM
I'm just going by stats to back up my opinions. Are you saying stats are dumb?

What stats are you going by? Give them.

Kblaze8855
01-25-2015, 07:15 PM
I'm not saying Thibs sucks. He is a top 5-7 coach in the league. No doubt.

But I remember how broken down the Hawks teams down here looked when going into the playoffs.

They were also the best Hawk teams over a 55 year stretch.

We cant just...put that aside.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Gasol and Butler are going to make the all star team... Noah made it last year, and even Rose in his current form is better than a lot of the PG's in the league.

Rose is an average to below average player right now and Noah making the all star team last year has nothing to do with this season. It's 2015, not 14. And you saying Gasol and Butler are going to make the all star team means what exactly? They still have flaws. Gasol is older and his defense can be very sub par at times. Butler has put together a great first half but that's it so far. He has yet to prove he can do it for an entire season.

SexSymbol
01-25-2015, 07:17 PM

Paxson and Forman suck.
who is ATL coach
who is POR coach
who is GSW coach
who is LAC coach
who is DAL coach
who is DET coach
who is MEM coach
who is SAS coach
All are better. And would fit significantly better with the bulls roster

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 07:18 PM
They were also the best Hawk teams over a 55 year stretch.

We cant just...put that aside.

Because he rode the starters so hard. The only team they were able to beat in the playoffs was that Pistons team with Grant Hill and an over the hill Joe Dumars. Those were some horrible teams to watch. One of them averaged 86 PPG. :facepalm

Good defensive coach, but the offense sucked under him.

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Rose is an average to below average player right now and Noah making the all star team last year has nothing to do with this season. It's 2015, not 14. And you saying Gasol and Butler are going to make the all star team means what exactly? They still have flaws. Gasol is older and his defense can be very sub par at times. Butler has put together a great first half but that's it so far. He has yet to prove he can do it for an entire season.

Rose is averaging 18 PPG, 5 assists and 3 rebounds a game. Show me how that is below average.

Richesly
01-25-2015, 07:20 PM
What stats are you going by? Give them.

Over the last 10 games, he is averaging 13 ppg on 39% shooting...

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:20 PM
That's a much better post than just calling people idiots for disagreeing.

I agree.

Butler either started hot and is coming back down, or is in a slump and will get out of it soon enough.

We'll find out soon.

I don't give a shit about your opinion of my posts. You made a stupid comment and I called you out for being a dolt, it was deserved. You said a coach ruined a player's season even though he was a role player last year and may be an all star this season and also it's only January.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Rose is averaging 18 PPG, 5 assists and 3 rebounds a game. Show me how that is below average.

He's shooting 41 percent, he's averaging over 3 turnovers while averaging only 5 assists and he's played very poor defense.

Kblaze8855
01-25-2015, 07:23 PM
I feel like they beat the Heat too.

Not that it mattered. 99 and 94 were probably the only years they didnt have a juggernaut in their way. Best case for those teams....lose to the Bulls...or Shaq/Penny...or later the Heat after Riley stacked that roster...

They didnt peak at the right time.

I thin the east had like 7 50 win teams one of those years. Maybe 6. I feel like a 6 seed had 54 or so wins.

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 07:25 PM
He's shooting 41 percent, he's averaging over 3 turnovers while averaging only 5 assists and he's played very poor defense.

Honestly, Rose has never been a really good shooter.

I know that he is not close to his 2011 prime. I know that... But he is not close to being below average.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Honestly, Rose has never been a really good shooter.

I know that he is not close to his 2011 prime. I know that... But he is not close to being below average.

He is close to that. He plays the strongest position in the league and he's been inconsistent, very inefficient and poor on defense. Nowhere near an all star level player this season.

Mirzas
01-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Thibs is a solid head coach. :confusedshrug: Infact, he's the perfect coach for this team really.

The real issue is the coaching staff. Thibodeau surrounds himself with guys he shouldn't surround himself with. He's a stellar head coach, who has a very meh backing. That is his fault, but at least take it into consideration.

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 07:31 PM
Either way, Thibs is a great defensive coach, but Bud is a great offensive and defensive coach.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Thibs is a solid head coach. :confusedshrug: Infact, he's the perfect coach for this team really.

The real issue is the coaching staff. Thibodeau surrounds himself with guys he shouldn't surround himself with. He's a stellar head coach, who has a very meh backing. That is his fault, but at least take it into consideration.

It's his fault? They fired one of his top assistant coaches without his consent. Again, out of town stupid.

Darius
01-25-2015, 07:41 PM
Either way, Thibs is a great defensive coach, but Bud is a great offensive and defensive coach.

Thibs has been making teams with limited talent extremely tough for years.

It's too early to put Budenholzer above him.

If Budenholzer can keep this up though, no doubt. What he's done w essentially a team of role players is incredible.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 07:42 PM

Was he great last year when they won 38 games? Lets see him actually accomplish something before we start anointing him. Lets see him lose his best player for two full seasons and three consecutive playoffs but still get the team in the playoffs consistently.

Batz
01-25-2015, 07:44 PM
It's his fault? They fired one of his top assistant coaches without his consent. Again, out of town stupid.

Well at least we're beginning to acknowledge the problem. I agree, give Thibs some good assistant coaches instead of amateur hour yes-men and this team is a dream come true.

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Was he great last year when they won 38 games? Lets see him actually accomplish something before we start anointing him. Lets see him lose his best player for two full seasons and three consecutive playoffs but still get the team in the playoffs consistently.

I wasn't aware that Thibs had championship rings as a head coach.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:01 PM
I wasn't aware that Thibs has championship rings as a head coach.

I didn't say he had championship rings. You can accomplish something as a head coach and be respected around the league without winning championships. It's also hard to win championships when your best player misses three consecutive playoffs.

SamuraiSWISH
01-25-2015, 08:08 PM
I didn't say he had championship rings. You can accomplish something as a head coach and be respected around the league without winning championships. It's also hard to win championships when your best player misses three consecutive playoffs.
Part of the reason their best player was out for 3x straight playoffs, and why their best player last year was worn down by the start of the 1st round is because of Thibs bone head style.

We don't even have a good defense anymore. The players are tuning him out, or his go hard every second of every day act has worn thin, and worn guys out physically.

The Bulls should fire Thibs. He hasn't proven anything other than the ability to max out potential in the regular season. That's it. He's a glorified defensive assistant. Can't see the forrest through the trees. Get's hung up on meaningless games, minutes, runs, etc.

Doesn't know how to adapt or plan for the future with his team. He's essentially a hustle dork, meat head himself.

Richesly
01-25-2015, 08:12 PM
Part of the reason their best player was out for 3x straight playoffs, and why their best player last year was worn down by the start of the 1st round is because of Thibs bone head style.

We don't even have a good defense anymore. The players are tuning him out, or his go hard every second of every day act has worn thin, and worn guys out physically.

The Bulls should fire Thibs. He hasn't proven anything other than the ability to max out potential in the regular season. That's it. He's a glorified defensive assistant. Can't see the forrest through the trees. Get's hung up on meaningless games, minutes, runs, etc.

Doesn't know how to adapt or plan for the future with his team. He's essentially a hustle dork, meat head himself.

Didn't Rose tear his ACL when Bulls were up 15 with a minute left against the 76ers? Why was he in still in the game?

That's why Thibs is overrated.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:13 PM

Rose's minutes weren't even that high in the 2011 and 2012 seasons and you're blaming Thibs for him being injured and supposedly "run down". Just pure bullshit and no real evidence to substantiate your claim. Phil Jackson was playing Jordan and Pippen more minutes in the Bulls' championship years than Rose was playing in 11' and 12' and they were going just as hard in practice as Rose was. But yeah it's all Thibs fault that Rose got injured. It's not that he's injury prone considering his once extreme reckless style.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Didn't Rose tear his ACL when Bulls were up 15 with a minute left against the 76ers? Why was he in still in the game?

He's overrated because of this one occasion? Plenty of coaches past and present keep their starters and stars in games that have already been won to ensure that they finish the game strong and do not become sloppy.

Richesly
01-25-2015, 08:17 PM
He's overrated because of this one occasion? Plenty of coaches past and present keep their starters and stars in games that have already been won to ensure that they finish the game strong and do not become sloppy.

Yes, but had he not left Rose in the game, he would have never tore his ACL, or atleast at that moment.

Since then, he's had complications every season. But you just said It wasn't Thibs fault that Rose got injured, when it actually was.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Like Wilbon on PTI said, anybody that wants Thibs gone is a friggin moron. Plain and simple. Firing him for another top tier, elite and proven coach? Sure. Name the headcoaches that are gonna be on the market this summer, though.

SamuraiSWISH
01-25-2015, 08:18 PM

Thibs is a meat head. Plain and simple. He obsesses over inconsequential grand scheme stuff, and lacks the adaptability to stray from any kind of game plan. He's an overrated HEAD coach, flat out. In terms of defensive schemes? Different story.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes, but had he not left Rose in the game, he would have never tore his ACL, or atleast at that moment.

Since then, he's had complications every season. But you just said It wasn't Thibs fault that Rose got injured, when it actually was.

I don't think it was his fault. His knee was ready to give in, it wasnt even a contact injury. Had it not happened at the end of that game it could have easily happened early in the next game.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Like Wilbon on PTI said, anybody that wants Thibs gone is a friggin moron. Plain and simple. Firing him for another top tier, elite and proven coach? Sure. Name the headcoaches that are gonna be on the market this summer, though.

Completely agree. It would be a massive error in judgement.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Thibs is a meat head. Plain and simple. He obsesses over inconsequential grand scheme stuff, and lacks the adaptability to stray from any kind of game plan. He's an overrated HEAD coach, flat out. In terms of defensive schemes? Different story.

I completely disagree with your assessment of Thibs. He gets the most out of his players, something that is considerably rare on the pro level. He also gets his players to play hard on defense. He's an elite head coach.

Richesly
01-25-2015, 08:22 PM
I don't think it was his fault. His knee was ready to give in, it wasnt even a contact injury. Had it not happened at the end of that game it could have easily happened early in the next game.

True enough that it would have happened eventually, but I doubt he would've buckled his knee like that in any other game.

He was probably already having pains in his knee and Thibs still played him 40+ mins.

I<3NBA
01-25-2015, 08:26 PM
Thibs is a treadmill coach.

he'll get your team to the playoffs, but he'll never get past the hump.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:27 PM
True enough that it would have happened eventually, but I doubt he would've buckled his knee like that in any other game.

He was probably already having pains in his knee and Thibs still played him 40+ mins.

Again, he wasn't even playing that many minutes. He only played 35 minutes per game in the 2012 regular season and played 37 minutes in the game where he was injured. Your argument is based on a fallacy. He was also only 23 years old. He was 23 and his minutes weren't even that high.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:28 PM

Based on what? Based on him losing in the playoffs without his best player? We have little to no evidence that what you're saying is true yet you feel the need to make this grand proclamation.

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 08:28 PM

He hasn't done much more than what Bud has done. Of course has more winning seasons because he has been a head coach longer. Both lost in the first round last year, but at least the Hawks gave Indiana a fight. Chicago went out in 5 games against a worse team despite having more regular season wins and home court advantage.

But hey... We will just have to disagree on this.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:33 PM
He hasn't done much more than what Bud has done. Of course has more winning seasons because he has been a head coach longer. Both lost in the first round last year, but at least the Hawks gave Indiana a fight. Chicago went out in 5 games against a worse team despite having more regular season wins and home court advantage.

Hell yes we'll have to disagree. I don't believe that they lost to an inferior team. It's been well established that the Bulls put in great effort in the regular season resulting in more wins than they probably should have accumulated. They lost to a rising team that actually has offensive weapons. The Bulls' best player last year (Noah) was still extremely limited as a scorer.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:37 PM

They were an overachieving regular season team last year that was extremely limited on offense. They managed to somehow get the fourth seed where they played the 5th seeded Wizards that were considerably more talented on offense. I don't think that was an upset at all. I don't think the Bulls should have been the 4th seed. If Thibodeau wasn't coaching the shit out of that team and getting every ounce of talent out of his players then they probably would have been the 7th or 8th seed and been demolished by one of the top teams... or they would have missed the playoffs all together.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 08:43 PM

Did you also forget that the Bulls traded away their best sorer midseason (Deng) and received no one in return, just draft picks and Bynum who never played for them. They only had four more wins than the Washington Wizards but regardless their playoff roster was certainly not better, in fact it was much worse. The Wizards were the better, more talented team.

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Did you also forget that the Bulls traded away their best sorer midseason (Deng) and received no one in return, just draft picks and Bynum who never played for them. They only had four more wins than the Washington Wizards but regardless their playoff roster was certainly not better, in fact it was much worse. The Wizards were the better, more talented team.

The Hawks took Indiana to 7 games (Again, Indiana was better than Washington) while Chicago lost to Washington (who was worse than Indiana) in 5 games despite having home court advantage.

The Hawks were hit hard with injuries last year also.

Thibs is a great defensive coach, but he is a so so offensive coach. Better than someone like Scott Brooks, but he is not an elite offensive coach.

Either way, we will have to disagree.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 09:06 PM
The Hawks took Indiana to 7 games (Again, Indiana was better than Washington) while Chicago lost to Washington (who was worse than Indiana) in 5 games despite having home court advantage.

Thibs is a great defensive coach, but he is a so so offensive coach. Better than someone like Scott Brooks, but he is not an elite offensive coach.

Considering he gets the most out of diminutive point guards like DJ Augustin, Nate Robinson and Aaron Brooks I'd say that is more than decent evidence that he's very good offensive coach as well. Under his watch Jimmy Butler has also transformed his offensive game. When he first arrived he was extremely limited on the offensive end and he has shown vast improvement while under Thibs.

PieceOfFelt
01-25-2015, 09:08 PM

The Atlanta - Indiana series also has absolutely nothing to do with the Bulls and Thibodeau. That has no bearing on anything.

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Considering he gets the most out of diminutive point guards like DJ Augustin, Nate Robinson and Aaron Brooks I'd say that is more than decent evidence that he's very good offensive coach as well. Under his watch Jimmy Butler has also transformed his offensive game. When he first arrived he was extremely limited on the offensive end and he has shown vast improvement while under Thibs.

Brooks and Nate Robinson can score the ball if given minutes. They've been able to do that for years. Robinson averaged over 17 PPG with The Knicks in 2007.

The Bulls don't (and haven't) moved the ball the way the Hawks do on the offensive end. Not even in their best year of 2011.

Hotlantadude81
01-25-2015, 09:44 PM

That's pushing it. They did get to the 3rd round once. To me, a treadmill team is one that can't get past the 2nd round. Which is what the Hawks have been.

poido123
01-26-2015, 03:38 AM
Bulls just beat spurs and Dallas on a back to back.

Let's not call armageddon just yet. Inconsistent is what they have been though...

poido123
01-26-2015, 03:40 AM
Brooks and Nate Robinson can score the ball if given minutes. They've been able to do that for years. Robinson averaged over 17 PPG with The Knicks in 2007.

The Bulls don't (and haven't) moved the ball the way the Hawks do on the offensive end. Not even in their best year of 2011.

This is the Hawks first relevant year in god knows how long.

They still haven't proven if they can take this form into the playoffs and make the finals.

Atlanta fans on here are so cocky and stupid.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-26-2015, 03:41 AM
They would be idiots to fire Thibs.

JVG killed the Chicagos FO btw. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I4Y4VyDqrs

This is sounding like a Jim Harbaugh situation.

shadow
01-26-2015, 04:05 AM
if that's what matters, then meet your new 2014-2015 Head Coach of the Chicago Bulls
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/cavaliers/mike-brown-640.jpg

The added bonus of hiring him is you save money on the video guy because ain't no one cutting video better than coach Brown.

Prodigy
01-26-2015, 06:30 AM
They were an overachieving regular season team last year that was extremely limited on offense. They managed to somehow get the fourth seed where they played the 5th seeded Wizards that were considerably more talented on offense. I don't think that was an upset at all. I don't think the Bulls should have been the 4th seed. If Thibodeau wasn't coaching the shit out of that team and getting every ounce of talent out of his players then they probably would have been the 7th or 8th seed and been demolished by one of the top teams... or they would have missed the playoffs all together.

That's so sick bro. How are Noah and Deng doing?

SamuraiSWISH
01-26-2015, 06:32 AM
That's so sick bro. How are Noah and Deng doing?
Injured ...

D. Rose recovering from Thibs facilitated ACL tear, and subsequent knee injuries.

Oh, and it's January, where he's already worn out Jimmy Butler. Who up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago was having an outstanding year.

Hotlantadude81
01-26-2015, 12:07 PM
This is the Hawks first relevant year in god knows how long.

They still haven't proven if they can take this form into the playoffs and make the finals.

Atlanta fans on here are so cocky and stupid.

Chicago hasn't made the finals either.

I know you will tell me that Rose hasn't been healthy, but they didn't make it that far when he was healthy.

The fact is... Chicago hasn't done much more than the Hawks since Thibs has been the head coach. They got out of the 2nd round once. Big deal.

That's with the roster turnover, the ownership stuff and all of that crap.

It's amazing how Chicago and Washington get so much hype when they haven't done anything major either.

Kblaze8855
01-26-2015, 12:49 PM
I know you will tell me that Rose hasn't been healthy, but they didn't make it that far when he was healthy.

How is being in the final 4 teams standing not making it that far?

If it were easy to make the conference finals I suspect the Hawks would have done it in the last 50 years. Teams go 20-30 years without making it that far. Wizards...what? 35 years? Hornets/pelicans...27 years? Warriors...40 years or so. Clippers? 45ish.

Its hardly a walk in the park to get to the last 4 standing.

Its not as impressive as making the finals...but children are born, grow up, and have their own children grow up and have kids...without seeing their team do it.

The Hawks have been showing clips from when they almost made it out of the second round and Bird didnt allow it for damn near 30 years now....

There are guys all over the HOF who never even played a conference finals game before they were role players. Some who never played one period.

Thibs got his team there the one season they had their franchise player on the floor.

That team won 62 games...the best record in the NBA...with Noah and Boozer missing a combined 55-60 games. To do that and then have more playoff success than some grand parents have ever seen their team have is at least...a little impressive.

Hotlantadude81
01-26-2015, 01:32 PM

If it were easy to make the conference finals I suspect the Hawks would have done it in the last 50 years. Teams go 20-30 years without making it that far. Wizards...what? 35 years? Hornets/pelicans...27 years? Warriors...40 years or so. Clippers? 45ish.

Its hardly a walk in the park to get to the last 4 standing.

Its not as impressive as making the finals...but children are born, grow up, and have their own children grow up and have kids...without seeing their team do it.

The Hawks have been showing clips from when they almost made it out of the second round and Bird didnt allow it for damn near 30 years now....

There are guys all over the HOF who never even played a conference finals game before they were role players. Some who never played one period.

Thibs got his team there the one season they had their franchise player on the floor.

That team won 62 games...the best record in the NBA...with Noah and Boozer missing a combined 55-60 games. To do that and then have more playoff success than some grand parents have ever seen their team have is at least...a little impressive.

They made it to the 3rd round once. This will be the Hawks 8th or 9th year in a row of making the playoffs. That's despite having poorly coached teams and endless turmoil and all of that. It's not like Chicago has been a dominating team or anything. Chicago's run the last decade really hasn't been that much more impressive overall.

As for injuries...

When a player gets hurt over and over again it has to stop being an excuse at some point. You have the player that you have. A talented but injury prone player. I don't really use Horford's injury as an excuse because when a player misses basically 2 seasons in 3 years you start to talk about that player being unreliable.

He said that the Hawks coach has not proven that his style can take the Hawks to the FINALS

I was pointing out that Thibs hasn't taken Chicago to the finals either.

It's a lot easier to get to the 3rd round when you have an MVP player... Which the Hawks haven't had in over 20 years.

I've hated on this franchise a lot, but they've done pretty well with what they've had.

Maestro33
01-26-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm pretty much onside with most of what is said here.

If they fire Thibs I'm finally done with them. The players have been driven into the ground but not directly by Thibs. He's overachieved and over utilized or maximized the talent he's had available. So in effect had management gotten better talent years back it would have eased the workload on players like Kirk or Noah who have plainly had the wheels come off.

It's a double edged sword. Great effort and overachieving at the cost of who knows what now...Regardless, we aren't going anywhere this year. it's like we chose the areas which are conducive to playoff wins and decided to fail at them all. Home court, defence and point differential...all terrible with no signs of consistent improvement coming. truly frustrating season.

T_L_P
01-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Just found this vid with Pop talking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il1a0I7npTg

:oldlol: