PDA

View Full Version : Is David Blatt a better coach than Scott Brooks?

Springsteen
01-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Discuss :confusedshrug:

Richesly
01-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Not sure, need to see more of him, but I think most coaches in the league are better than Brooks.

navy
01-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Too soon to tell. Blatt has the luxury that he can just give the ball to Lebron.

Cocaine80s
01-25-2015, 07:07 PM
yes

dabigbaws
01-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Brooks is in the top 5 worst coaches

Springsteen
01-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Too soon to tell. Blatt has the luxury that he can just give the ball to Lebron.

Couldn't you say the same thing about KD and Brooks?

LoneyROY7
01-25-2015, 07:08 PM

And Brooks has the luxury to just give the ball to Durant AND Westbrook. :lol

leMVP
01-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Well, Brooks would be great coach if he's coaching Lebron too.

navy
Couldn't you say the same thing about KD and Brooks?
Brooks gives the ball to Westbrook, Waiters, and Jackson.

And lets be honest, Lebron can run pick and rolls all day and get the entire team open good shots. Quite a luxury.

NoGunzJustSkillz
Problem with the NBA is that there aren't too many quality head coaches available. Thunder should go hard at Phil Jackson in the off-season before they waste away Westy and Durant's prime.

k0kakw0rld
01-25-2015, 07:10 PM
So LeBron > KD still? :confusedshrug:

Springsteen
01-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Problem with the NBA is that there aren't too many quality head coaches available. Thunder should go hard at Phil Jackson in the off-season before they waste away Westy and Durant's prime.

:durantunimpressed:

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-25-2015, 07:11 PM
:durantunimpressed:
Sounds ridiculous, but that's the only way i see the Thunder winning the chip.

J Shuttlesworth
01-25-2015, 07:12 PM
It is known.

navy
01-25-2015, 07:12 PM
Perhaps. I think they are pretty equal. KD should surpass him in consistency now as Lebron cant possibly have the stamina to go every night anymore.

leMVP
01-25-2015, 07:13 PM
Sounds ridiculous, but that's the only way i see the Thunder winning the chip.

KD is leaving next year for sure.

No way he stays playing in this system.

JT123
01-25-2015, 07:16 PM
They are both awful. Only difference is one has Lebron and the other one doesn't.

Springsteen
01-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Where does everyone get this idea KD is gonna leave for Washington or anywhere else? It's not like Lebron leaving a bad situation for a good one. He's already IN a good situation.

He gets to play with arguably the best PG in the league right now. John Wall and Bradley Beal can't replace that.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-25-2015, 07:20 PM
Where does everyone get this idea KD is gonna leave for Washington or anywhere else? It's not like Lebron leaving a bad situation for a good one. He's already IN a good situation.

He gets to play with arguably the best PG in the league right now. John Wall and Bradley Beal can't replace that.
Pretty much this. Unless KD takes a massive pay cut, I don't really see a better situation for him outside of OKC.

Mirzas
01-25-2015, 07:20 PM
Apples and oranges. Too different situations, experience, stlyes, etc. In terms of where you'd rank them? Pretty low on the "must sign" scale. With a slight edge to Blatt.

Since the major trade deals for the Cavaliers we have seem some impressive games by the team. It's pretty clear now there was a serious roster issue.

I'm not implying that there wasn't enough star power or incredible talent, we're not stupid. But there were serious and consistent anomalies on both the interior and exterior defense that needed to be adressed. There are still some holes that need to be filled (which I think Shumpert will do a fine job at filling), and who knows where this team will go from there.

As for the Thunder, injuries aside... they have a lot to showcase. They've had the right tools - they've had so for a long while, even after the departure of Harden. It really comes down to one thing and that is simply the coaching of this team.

Today's game and silly gimmicks aside; such as Ibaka being a 3pt shooter, and Kendrick Perkins still getting minutes despite one of the worst players of our times; I just don't see a working formula. I haven't for a long time. Time and time again you look at the offense, and there isn't much of it. It's still that two man punch of Russel and Durant leading. It seriously pays to have talent like this, and Brooks is making a killing off of it. Their defense is rather inconsistent, though I think mostly they have right idea (just the Perkins thing again... please stop.)

For years now I watch these Thunders, and it's always a :confusedshrug: feeling. Which it shouldn't be. It's a team damn good bunch that should be far more impressive IMHO.

You watch the Warriors, and how a 180 on the coaching staff really did wonders for them, and will continue to, I hope OKC front office get a clue from that. Nothing against Scott Brooks personally, but it has seriously been a long time coming. He was a good coach for a young team. But they have seriously grown - and they should be far more lethal than this.

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2015, 07:30 PM
The way Blatt has this team playing defense right now is the biggest reason for the Cavs' recent turnaround. The vultures need to back way off. This game isn't just about the offensive side of the ball.

Blatt has Kyrie out there playing like a defensive stud. Who saw that coming?

J Shuttlesworth
01-25-2015, 07:31 PM

Actually, Durant would mesh very well with assist-machine John Wall

Mirzas
01-25-2015, 07:33 PM
The way Blatt has this team playing defense right now is the biggest reason for the Cavs' recent turnaround. The vultures need to back way off. This game isn't just about the offensive side of the ball.

Blatt has Kyrie out there playing like a defensive stud. Who saw that coming?
It's something that's for sure. Even in this day of age, with "advanced" defensive metrics and schemes, it typically comes down to mostly motivation. Those trades really brightened up Cleveland. I think that's a lot of what we're seeing here.

Excited to see how Shumpert effects things... He has big energy for defense.

ScarSymmetry
01-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Apples and oranges. Too different situations, experience, stlyes, etc. In terms of where you'd rank them? Pretty low on the "must sign" scale. With a slight edge to Blatt.

Since the major trade deals for the Cavaliers we have seem some impressive games by the team. It's pretty clear now there was a serious roster issue.

I'm not implying that there wasn't enough star power or incredible talent, we're not stupid. But there were serious and consistent anomalies on both the interior and exterior defense that needed to be adressed. There are still some holes that need to be filled (which I think Shumpert will do a fine job at filling), and who knows where this team will go from there.

As for the Thunder, injuries aside... they have a lot to showcase. They've had the right tools - they've had so for a long while, even after the departure of Harden. It really comes down to one thing and that is simply the coaching of this team.

Today's game and silly gimmicks aside; such as Ibaka being a 3pt shooter, and Kendrick Perkins still getting minutes despite one of the worst players of our times; I just don't see a working formula. I haven't for a long time. Time and time again you look at the offense, and there isn't much of it. It's still that two man punch of Russel and Durant leading. It seriously pays to have talent like this, and Brooks is making a killing off of it. Their defense is rather inconsistent, though I think mostly they have right idea (just the Perkins thing again... please stop.)

For years now I watch these Thunders, and it's always a :confusedshrug: feeling. Which it shouldn't be. It's a team damn good bunch that should be far more impressive IMHO.

You watch the Warriors, and how a 180 on the coaching staff really did wonders for them, and will continue to, I hope OKC front office get a clue from that. Nothing against Scott Brooks personally, but it has seriously been a long time coming. He was a good coach for a young team. But they have seriously grown - and they should be far more lethal than this.

The truth. :applause:

DukeDelonte13
01-25-2015, 08:27 PM
:confusedshrug: impossible to tell.

People rag on brooks too much. He's not a bad coach.

I<3NBA
01-25-2015, 08:30 PM

http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

SexSymbol
01-25-2015, 08:32 PM

He and McHale are by far the worst coaches in the NBA.
Possibly ever.

Blatt is a better coach, by far, and that tells a lot about the level of brooks

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Hell yes

Scottie Brooks is one of the worst coaches in the league with his "asterisk season" bologna. Freaking stacked city fell in his lap, otherwise he'd be spending his days as an assistant, like he should be.

La Frescobaldi
01-25-2015, 09:03 PM
He and McHale are by far the worst coaches in the NBA.
Possibly ever.

Blatt is a better coach, by far, and that tells a lot about the level of brooks

these guys aren't even bad. When you say 'possibly ever' you can't even mean that in a trolly way.
nobody is touching roy rubin nobody is close nobody I ever saw is even in the same ballpark, state, country, or world of awful as roy rubin and i severely doubt we will ever see anything so unbelievably appalling...... ever again. ever.

Hoopz2332
01-25-2015, 09:07 PM
They are both awful. Only difference is one has Lebron and the other one doesn't.

this

Euroleague
01-27-2015, 02:18 PM
:wtf:

How is that even a question? Brooks is a joke.

supernova5912
01-27-2015, 02:50 PM
David Blatt seems to be an excellent defensive coach despite his team's limitations on defense.

Springsteen
01-27-2015, 02:56 PM
:wtf:

How is that even a question? Brooks is a joke.

Glad you admit Blatt is the GOAT Euro coach :applause:

ScalabrineStan
01-27-2015, 04:08 PM
It's probably too soon to tell for Blatt, but he has a great track record in the Euro-league and is in a situation where he has to win over a LeBron James who didn't pick him to begin with. Since the trade things have been great, but the sample size is still pretty small.

The biggest knock on Brooks that comes to mind is giving Perkins so many minutes. It's amazing to me. Before they had Adams he could've allocated many more minutes to Collison at Center and/or run small ball with Durant at the 4. Now that Adams is legitimate, there is no reason Perkins should be playing more than 2 or 3 minutes per game.

Also, and this may be minor, but Blatt is kinda an ugly looking dude. Shouldn't matter much, but to some degree "looking the part" matters when you are motivating and commanding players. If the Cav's do well in the playoffs this year I think this will start to mitigate as they gain respect for Blatt and buy into his system.

swagga
01-27-2015, 04:37 PM
is water wet?
scott brooks must have some ELITE dicksucking skills to hold onto that position. imo.

Euroleague
01-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Glad you admit Blatt is the GOAT Euro coach :applause:

STOP DOING DRUGS.

Cactus-Sack
01-28-2015, 06:45 PM
I'M a better coach than Scott Brooks.