PDA

View Full Version : Byron obviously tanking now.

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2015, 01:41 AM
http://i.share.pho.to/bd683542_o.png

Nick Young only played nine minutes tonight. First Lin's DnP, now this.

buddha
01-26-2015, 01:43 AM
because sitting Nick Young was the reason they would have lost.

KungFuJoe
01-26-2015, 01:50 AM
Tanking is one thing...he's losing the respect of the players.

It would be one thing if he called out EVERYONE...but he's been doing nothing but singing Kobe's praises all year long even when he was shot jacking and playing ZERO defense...and then calling out his players for a bad game, benching them, sitting them entire games, etc, etc.

I agree that Young should be benched, btw...but those comments are NOT necessary. You tell that shit to your player, not to some court side reporter.

Don't forget, Scott also gave Ellington not one, but TWO, DNP-CD's just not too long ago.

BS just doesn't seem like a very likable guy. I think it's the mustache.

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2015, 02:12 AM
because sitting Nick Young was the reason they would have lost.

I said sitting Nick Young was why we lost?

sammichoffate
01-26-2015, 02:45 AM
"Getting old never bothered me anyway."-Mambacopter

imnew09
01-26-2015, 03:03 AM
there's something wrong with whole team. I feel like the front office want us to tank, but some players refuse to and try to win some games. Perhaps thats why some were given less minutes than others.

T black 7min
Swaggy 8min
Price 6min
Lin was benched last night

AboutBuckets
01-26-2015, 03:25 AM
I feel like the front office want us to tank, but some players refuse to and try to win some games.

I really don't think this is how tanking works. As a Philly fan I have a front-row seat to the process and our guys play their asses off every night. Problem is that other than Mbah a Moute we don't have anyone over 25 in the rotation. Tanking is solely a front-office maneuver, the coach and players do everything in their power to win games

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2015, 03:34 AM
I really don't think this is how tanking works. As a Philly fan I have a front-row seat to the process and our guys play their asses off every night. Problem is that other than Mbah a Moute we don't have anyone over 25 in the rotation. Tanking is solely a front-office maneuver, the coach and players do everything in their power to win games

Not the way Byron is doing it. He's playing players shoddy mintues and effectively killing Team morale. With clear purpose though.

COnDEMnED
01-26-2015, 09:45 AM
I thought it was obvious when they hired Byron. Once we lost Nash for the season, then later on Randle, it was obvious the smart thing to do would be to retain the top 5 pick. Developing Clarkson and Black is the only other objective. We need a C, SF, and PG this offseason. Anyone not named (*Kobe*), Young, Randle, Clarkson, Black, and Davis can expire or be traded for draft picks. We need to fill out the roster next year with 7 new players.

InfiniteBaskets
01-26-2015, 10:13 AM
This is the first time I've heard of a tanking team consistently starting third stringers like Sacre and Jordan Clarkson over their original starting guys. I doubt the NBA has ever come down on a team for doing this as a means of tanking, but I do remember Pop getting in trouble when he told Parker, Timmy, and Manu to go home after nearing the end of a road trip.

AnaheimLakers24
01-26-2015, 10:22 AM
And i still feel we wont get the pick. God i hope the east just gets contracted. Melo is a ****en loser

navy
01-26-2015, 10:26 AM
Not the way Byron is doing it. He's playing players shoddy mintues and effectively killing Team morale. With clear purpose though.
He must have gotten word that his job is safe. Only time coaches help with tanking.

Magic 32
01-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Nick is shooting 33% in his last 18 games.

33% at age 29 (peak).

ImKobe
01-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Maybe Nick was upset or had something going on...plus it's not like keeping him out of games would help our tank with the way he's been playing...

gts
01-26-2015, 12:06 PM
He took him out because he was 0-2, with 4 turnovers in 8 minutes

He was standing around on defense... until I read Scott's comments I thought he was sick, the guy had no energy out there

KungFuJoe
01-26-2015, 12:14 PM
He took him out because he was 0-2, with 4 turnovers in 8 minutes

He was standing around on defense... until I read Scott's comments I thought he was sick, the guy had no energy out there

This is true...Nick did NOT belong out there.

I didn't have problems with BS benching him.

I had problems with his post game comments to the media. BS tells more to the media than his own players. The media knows who the starting lineup is going to be before the players themselves do.

Pathetic...this guy needs a serious less in PR.