View Full Version : living in the Northeast must suck

Bigsmoke
01-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Games always get cancelled there

Its either snow, hurricanes, bombs, leaks,

Like WTF

COnDEMnED
01-27-2015, 09:43 AM
The East in general seems like a bummer.

lilteapot
01-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Better than having tornadoes and earthquakes and shit.

Thunderfan86
01-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Yeah, seems like we have earthquakes every other day and tornado season is right around the corner. I'm not looking forward to these unpredictable ass tornadoes that come through here every year.

RedBlackAttack
01-27-2015, 10:39 AM
I will take 50 blizzards over a single tornado landing close by. Unless you have to do a lot of driving, blizzards can actually be kind of fun. I used to love taking my dogs out and letting them romp in a few feet of pristine snow. If you dress properly there are no issues.

A tornado on the other hand? Can't imagine that being interesting on any level. The sky deciding to snatch all your earthly possessions and maybe even your life with little to no warning? No thanks. I will take the snow.

BoNafidde
01-27-2015, 10:48 AM
Yeah the weather sucks sometimes over here. But its a whole lot better than being in the middle of the country with nothing to do lol

COnDEMnED
01-27-2015, 11:10 AM
Tornadoes and hurricanes are scarier than anything we have in California, and they have a season. You can get dozens a year. Has everyone on the east coast rebuilt from hurricane Sandy yet? Getting sucked up and tossed, falling to your death, is way worse than standing out in the open waiting for your shit to quit shaking.

Hoopz2332
01-27-2015, 11:17 AM
I will take 50 blizzards over a single tornado landing close by. Unless you have to do a lot of driving, blizzards can actually be kind of fun. I used to love taking my dogs out and letting them romp in a few feet of pristine snow. If you dress properly there are no issues.

A tornado on the other hand? Can't imagine that being interesting on any level. The sky deciding to snatch all your earthly possessions and maybe even your life with little to no warning? No thanks. I will take the snow.

cosign 100%

Inferno
01-27-2015, 11:23 AM
West Coast Best Coast :bowdown:

Only shit we have are earthquakes :applause:

Bigsmoke
01-27-2015, 04:08 PM

Did was just had a hurricane there 2 years ago.

Real14
01-27-2015, 04:09 PM
The East in general seems like a bummer.
reported.

COnDEMnED
01-27-2015, 04:57 PM
reported.
It seems like every winter it's pure devastation going on somewhere on the East coast. We have to pray to Satan over here in California for a little rain every couple of years, and it seems like more peoples lives are ruined by water on the east coast (multiple times a year) than any other reason...via floods, hurricanes, tropical cyclones, and blizzards. Yeah, it seems like a bummer. :cheers:

rhowen4
01-27-2015, 05:00 PM

Yeah but we're overdue for some big quakes I think.. Could be bad

rezznor
01-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Tornadoes and hurricanes are scarier than anything we have in California, and they have a season. You can get dozens a year. Has everyone on the east coast rebuilt from hurricane Sandy yet? Getting sucked up and tossed, falling to your death, is way worse than standing out in the open waiting for your shit to quit shaking.

wildfires, hurricanes, blizzards and other big storms aren't scary. you have ample time to prepare for them.

tornadoes, earthquakes, mudslides and tsunamis are much scarier to me.they hit with little warning.

Le Shaqtus
01-27-2015, 05:06 PM
East is pretty crap outside of Florida and the Carolinas (personally).

I prefer the West myself, even though I live on the East.

chazzy
01-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Currently in bball shorts and a tshirt in LA

lilteapot
01-27-2015, 05:53 PM

lmao Florida is a trash state boy. **** outta here

nightprowler10
01-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Currently in bball shorts and a tshirt in LA
Yeah me too. I'm in my living room though.

Heavincent
01-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Trust me, it does. Weather sucks like 6 or 7 months out of the year. It was still snowing in ****ing April last year...just brutal.

Relinquish
01-27-2015, 06:08 PM

Florida is miserable outside of a few places. The panhandle is West Virginia v2.

smoovegittar
01-27-2015, 06:31 PM
It seems like every winter it's pure devastation going on somewhere on the East coast. We have to pray to Satan over here in California for a little rain every couple of years, and it seems like more peoples lives are ruined by water on the east coast (multiple times a year) than any other reason...via floods, hurricanes, tropical cyclones, and blizzards. Yeah, it seems like a bummer. :cheers:
Well, you'll be among the first for that Japanese radiation....

rezznor
01-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Well, you'll be among the first for that Japanese radiation....
but you'll get nuked by russia first

smoovegittar
01-27-2015, 06:54 PM
but you'll get nuked by russia first
Naw. We got the Nets here; Ruskies will look elsewhere.:D

Inferno
01-27-2015, 08:10 PM
Yeah but we're overdue for some big quakes I think.. Could be bad

True :lol

But as long as I can chill while wearing a tshirt and sweats in Winter, I'm good :bowdown:

AnaheimLakers24
01-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Southern California >>>>> everywhere else

christian1923
01-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Best weather

1. SoCal
2. Phoenix

jimmy77x
01-27-2015, 08:15 PM
NYC >>>>> everywhere else

fixed

Inferno
01-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Southern California >>>>> everywhere else

NorCal > SoCal :coleman:

Genaro
01-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Good thing in Brasil I don't have to worry about natural disasters.
Although it's super hot in January.

Legends66NBA7
01-27-2015, 08:31 PM
The positives outweigh the negatives.

NBAplayoffs2001
01-27-2015, 08:33 PM

east coast beast coast :pimp:

AnaheimLakers24
01-27-2015, 08:34 PM
NorCal > SoCal :coleman:
If you're ok with living with hipsters, lunatic raider fans, and racist I guess

NBAplayoffs2001
01-27-2015, 08:35 PM

BK in NYC is pretty much ruined by these people :facepalm

BlazerRed
01-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Y'all East nikkas jealous :applause:

BigMacAttack
01-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Move to Australia biitches and you can pretty much remove the words snow, earthquake, tornado and hurricane from your vocabulary.

Just gotta watch out for the drop bears and spidersharks.

jimmy77x
01-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Y'all East nikkas jealous :applause:

Of what? NYC alone is more relevant than the entire west coast.

Inferno
01-27-2015, 08:57 PM

:coleman: More 9ers fans here than Raiders...also the Bay has a lot of ****ing minorities so there's no room for racism :coleman:

JimmyMcAdocious
01-27-2015, 09:13 PM
West Coast deserts doe

Sunny all year.
Alright air quality.
Dry weather > humidity
Rains like a week a year.
Snows like once every three years for one or two days during the night and it melts in the morning.
Average coldest in the city goes to maybe 40s/high 30s
Hottest unfortunately goes 110+, but everything is indoors with central air.
Pretty much no earthquakes
Pretty much no tornadoes
Pretty much no wild fires because the not enough greenery to catch on fire
Unless you live like a hobo, no problems with wildlife.

2-5 hour drive and you're in Cali or Mexico.

christian1923
01-27-2015, 09:18 PM
West Coast deserts doe

Sunny all year.
Alright air quality.
Dry weather > humidity
Snows like once every three years for one or two days during the night and it melts in the morning.
Pretty much no tornadoes

Short drive to vegas too

rezznor
01-27-2015, 09:28 PM
West Coast deserts doe

Sunny all year.
Alright air quality.
Dry weather > humidity
Pretty much no tornadoes

You forgot the part about running out of water

NBAplayoffs2001
01-27-2015, 09:37 PM
You forgot the part about running out of water

and how getting into their state schools are like impossible :lol. NYC is the land of dreams. If you can make it here, you can make it anyway.

Or you can move to LA and become a bum actor/actress :roll:

RedBlackAttack
01-27-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm not going to sit here and act like I enjoy the frigid temperatures when it gets really cold in NE Ohio, but I couldn't imagine living with that Florida heat and humidity all year around. I find it to be completely uncomfortable a lot of the time.

A day at the beach? Fine.

Doing damn near anything else? I'll take having four distinct seasons. There's something cleansing about going through the frigid cold of winter, the rains of spring and into the heat of summer. And, fall is the most pleasant, imo.

CavaliersFTW
01-27-2015, 09:47 PM

Snowflakes > Earthquakes

Bigsmoke
01-27-2015, 11:14 PM
Snowflakes > Earthquakes

More people died from that snow storm in Buffalo New York 2 months ago than Californias dying from earthquakes over that last 20 years

Mr. Jabbar
01-27-2015, 11:19 PM
earthquakes above 8.0 are about as scary as Mother Nature can get. believe me.

BigMacAttack
01-28-2015, 12:00 AM
Are we now stanning natural disasters? :lol

Fvck outta here talking bout earthquakes, tsunamis are where its at.

Mr. Jabbar
01-28-2015, 12:02 AM
Are we now stanning natural disasters? :lol

**** outta talking bout earthquakes, tsunamis are where its at.

those are consequence of earthquakes, hence they give you some mins to escape after the quake, scary AF tho

CelticBaller
01-28-2015, 12:09 AM
this is where op lives

http://photos.hamariweb.com/photos/Holiday-and-Travel-Frozen-Lake-Michigan-Chicago-4470.jpg

must suck

Legends66NBA7
01-28-2015, 12:20 AM
this is where op lives

http://photos.hamariweb.com/photos/Holiday-and-Travel-Frozen-Lake-Michigan-Chicago-4470.jpg

must suck

Anywhere near the waters are going to be cold.

DMV2
01-28-2015, 12:26 AM
Did was just had a hurricane there 2 years ago.
That hurricane was a once in a lifetime in the northeast. Kinda like Chicago going through a day without a fatal shooting.

DMV2
01-28-2015, 12:28 AM
Trust me, it does. Weather sucks like 6 or 7 months out of the year. It was still snowing in ****ing April last year...just brutal.
Last winter, snow came late that's why it lasted until April.

Hopefully with this early winter means spring comes earlier.

Inferno
01-28-2015, 12:50 AM
I'm not going to sit here and act like I enjoy the frigid temperatures when it gets really cold in NE Ohio, but I couldn't imagine living with that Florida heat and humidity all year around. I find it to be completely uncomfortable a lot of the time.

A day at the beach? Fine.

Doing damn near anything else? I'll take having four distinct seasons. There's something cleansing about going through the frigid cold of winter, the rains of spring and into the heat of summer. And, fall is the most pleasant, imo.

California weather is the perfect balance :applause:

Snowflakes > Earthquakes

tiny quivers > blizzards doe :coleman:

those are consequence of earthquakes, hence they give you some mins to escape after the quake, scary AF tho

Earthquakes alpha AF :bowdown:

Inferno
01-28-2015, 12:51 AM
Now that we're here..

What's the most alpha natural disaster?

CelticBaller
01-28-2015, 12:52 AM
Now that we're here..

a hurricane, no doubt

ProfessorMurder
01-28-2015, 12:55 AM
Anywhere near the waters are going to be cold.
Jamaica is freezing.

BasedTom
lmao Florida is a trash state boy. **** outta here
Let's start a list of similarities between lebron stans and cockroaches:

1. both leave an offensive odour when they enter the scene
2. both arrive and take over threads uninvited
3. both carry microbes that can lead to plagues
4. both are difficult to eradicate when they infest an area
5. nobody has anything good to say about cockroaches or bran stans
6. both cockroaches & bran stans scavenge for food at night
7. both cockroaches & lebron fans shit in the road
8. both cockroaches & lebron stans pass on their disgusting habits to their offspring
9. they quickly multiply by the millions whenever a new nike commercial airs
10. they always attack in packs
11. you find them everywhere
12. they always show up wherever and whenever you least want them to
13. whenever you see one, you know there are dozens more lurking around
14. they have never contributed anything useful, and in fact actually are a detriment to humankind and civilization
15. both are slimy and inhabit dirty areas, in the case of no such area being available they work hard to accumulate as much filth in their living spaces as possible.
16. women and children are scared and disgusted by both and often scream when they get close.
17. if both are left unattended for a time, they become hard to eliminate without professional help, and eventually become almost impossible to get rid of.

bigkingsfan
Best weather

1. SoCal
2. Phoenix

Phoenix? It's 120 during the summer :oldlol:

Inferno
01-28-2015, 12:56 AM
a hurricane, no doubt

Good choice :applause: Tsunamis are pretty alpha too

DMV2
01-28-2015, 12:56 AM
Now that we're here..

Tsunami?

That 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami was a fcking beast. Nearly a quarter-million death.

BasedTom
01-28-2015, 01:06 AM
a hurricane, no doubt
hurricanes do not just appear, they are tracked from day 1 and there is a very big window of time to prepare. If you die in a hurricane in 2015, you probably deserve it for being so stupid.

CelticBaller
01-28-2015, 01:06 AM
Don't Tsunami sometimes pair up with Hurricanes? Also with Earthquakes?

Sounds beta to me

DMV2
01-28-2015, 01:13 AM
Don't Tsunami sometimes pair up with Hurricanes? Also with Earthquakes?

Sounds beta to me
It's like a combination of both, a giant tidal wave with Earthquakes. The Earth's crust/plates moves and shit.

KayHaven
01-28-2015, 01:14 AM
Northeast weather is perfect. You get to experience both ends of the spectrum and everything in between.

Snow imo is awesome. Its what makes Winter/Christmas fun. And as others have alluded to, it rarely ever sneaks up on you and u have time to plan. Hell u even miss a couple days of school and work if it's good.

But warm weather all year long is wack to me...how do guys celebrate Christmas out west? Go to the beach?...have a cookout?... Corny.

I went out west for the first time last summer...Vegas to be exact...112 degrees daily.........I'd literally murder myself after the first week if that was day to day.

Cali Syndicate
01-28-2015, 01:25 AM
Northeast weather is perfect. You get to experience both ends of the spectrum and everything in between.

Snow imo is awesome. Its what makes Winter/Christmas fun. And as others have alluded to, it rarely ever sneaks up on you and u have time to plan. Hell u even miss a couple days of school and work if it's good.

But warm weather all year long is wack to me...how do guys celebrate Christmas out west? Go to the beach?...have a cookout?... Corny.

I went out west for the first time last summer...Vegas to be exact...112 degrees daily.........I'd literally murder myself after the first week if that was day to day.

Not sure if I'd call it perfect, cause Cali dry heat >>> NYC humid heat, my opinion anyways, and it isnt warm all the time. BBQ's in winter is awesome, you're trippin. But I do agree that snow makes it seem more like Christmas. As for vegas, that's nevada...desert, not a true representation of what the "west weather" is about.

christian1923
01-28-2015, 01:43 AM
Phoenix? It's 120 during the summer :oldlol:
true but everywhere there has central AC, if you wanna workout outside just do it before 11AM, if you wanna have a BBQ or go swimming just go at night when the sun is gone.

120 is exaggerating more like 110, but honestly it's bearable if you just stay indoors or have some shade. Just don't look at that damn sun between 12-6 PM

Other than that it's perfect, the winter is 70 degrees. Spring is gorgeous, you ever been out there for spring training? It's the best.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-28-2015, 01:47 AM
I love Phoenix. I want to retire there and golf until I become a crippled. Then kill myself once I inevitable become old and fat.

I would rather deal with heat than cold. Don't know about the rest of you, but I find it a hell of a lot easier to stay cool than warm.