PDA

View Full Version : Klay Thompson is Golden State's best player

Lexington Steel
01-28-2015, 01:54 AM
Plain and simple.

Harden for MVP. Klay even.

Curry being the front runner for MVP? :roll: My big, black, pimply ass.

J Shuttlesworth
01-28-2015, 01:56 AM
Agreed. Harden for MVP

FashionIssues
01-28-2015, 02:01 AM
I think Curry is the best player over there

Eric Cartman
01-28-2015, 02:09 AM
It doesn't matter who is the better player between the 2, they sure as hell don't care, it's all about winning. One night it can be Curry, the next Draymond, then Klay, Barnes and many others.

That's the true definition of a team. Individual stats are nice, but in the big picture of things is all about being a TEAM, word that gets lost in translation alot thanks to the Nike/Jordan/Adidas hype machine and the way how society likes to glorify individuals, the pre-existent need to distinguish the leaders, role models and excellent people in society based on certain characteristics.

Putting your ego aside and doing what's best for the team, is just a beautiful thing to watch.

So **** who is better, this isn't kobe/shaq petty rivalry, it's a group of great mature players, not ignorant, lazy, raping dickheads.

ImKobe
01-28-2015, 02:12 AM
call me when Klay is able to run an offense

T_L_P
01-28-2015, 02:13 AM
Golden State goes as far as Bogut takes them.

JT123
01-28-2015, 02:14 AM
Agreed. Curry is more flashy, but Klay is more skilled, especially when bringing defense into the equation. How can Curry be MVP when he's not even the best player on his own team?

HOoopCityJones
01-28-2015, 02:20 AM
Curry is more versatile , Klay is good but he's really a glorified three and D guy right now. No doubt the second option on that Team , but lets wait abit before we say he's better than Steph.

oarabbus
01-28-2015, 02:20 AM
I don't give a **** who's better as long as they're Warriors.

Trollsmasher
01-28-2015, 02:40 AM
Agreed. Curry is more flashy, but Klay is more skilled, especially when bringing defense into the equation. How can Curry be MVP when he's not even the best player on his own team?
this

Inferno
01-28-2015, 02:41 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

supernova5912
01-28-2015, 02:57 AM

:applause: They're now 27-2 with him playing and 9-5 without him. He's definitely not the most valuable player on that team but he plays an incredibly important role in how far Warriors go in the playoffs.

Hulk
01-28-2015, 03:45 AM
He might the best,but Bogut is the most important player on the team.

RightTwoCensor
01-28-2015, 09:31 AM
5 starred thread

Future rep

AnaheimLakers24
01-28-2015, 09:51 AM
No shit. Midgets shouldn't be your best players. 6'6 is the cut off height

Nash
01-28-2015, 10:50 AM
1.Harden
2.Lebron

Those two guys have had the most impact when it comes to wins. Harden kept HOU winning when Dwight was out and Cleveland goes on winning streaks with Lebron and 1-8 without.

Harden is my MVP.

Jlamb47
01-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Curry > Klay :facepalm

Harden MVP
Curry right behind
Lebron behind curry

Clyde
01-28-2015, 11:02 AM

uh oh!

SugarHill
01-28-2015, 11:09 AM
People actually think Klay is better than Curry? wow

Dro
01-28-2015, 03:28 PM
call me when Klay is able to run an offense
This...How in the world anyone thinks Klay is better is crazy...Almost crazier than those who said Klay is better than Harden...

Curry is a better ballhandler(easily), a better passer/playmaker and arguably a better shooter...Curry makes tougher shots off the dribble and from different predicaments than Klay does IMO. The difference in defense is small. Id probably give the edge to Klay for that. Curry sets Klay up for a lot of his good shots, or Klay needs screens to free him for a shot. Steph can just shake you out of your shoes and pull from 30 feet, no problem...He's a better and more versatile shot-maker/scorer.....

konex
01-28-2015, 03:34 PM
I think Curry is still the better offensive player. He just has more offensive versatility and can also make plays for others. Klay might be better eventually because of his size and defense but not just yet. If you separated them, Curry would have better stats cos teams would focus on Klay more and he's just not that good off the dribble right now.

That said, I wouldn't give Curry the MVP if Klay keeps playing this well

ABfor3
01-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Harden is MVP

J Shuttlesworth
01-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Curry > Klay :facepalm

Harden MVP
Curry right behind
Lebron behind curry
Pretty accurate honestly.

Kinda surprising considering you're a garbage poster

Genaro
01-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Curry is clearly the better player. Klay is scoring better right now because he's been very hot lately but Curry is the one providing the looks for Klay and the rest of the team.

aj1987
01-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Not even close. Curry and Thompson are an amazing fit on a really good team. Put Curry on a team like the Pistons and they'd probably be at ~55%. Thompson? He can't create his own offense. Make him the focal point, he's gonna be a scrub.

Dro
01-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Pretty accurate honestly.

Kinda surprising considering you're a garbage poster
:lol

Eric Cartman
01-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Thompson? He can't create his own offense. Make him the focal point, he's gonna be a scrub.

:biggums:

BigMacAttack
01-28-2015, 05:26 PM
Yeah lets disregard the lst few years in favour of the last couple weeks
****ing moron.

Cali Syndicate
01-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Klay has definitely been getting better and better, no doubt about it. Every off season, he comes back with something new or improved. Really glad that kevin love trade didn't go through cause klay is gearing himself to be the next ray Allen.

But...

He isn't better than curry. As a defender? Yes. Although, curry has gotten better. As a scorer? Curry is more skilled. As a shooter, pretty even beyond the arc but curry can create shots in general better than klay. Curry is also Clearly a better midrange shooter and definitely more crafty in the paint. Klay has a better post game but curry really doesn't even need one. Playmaker and passing? Curry, not even close. Off the ball? Klay is showing to be as dangerous as anyone in the league off the ball. But when curry was able to play more as an off the ball in 2013 with jack at point, curry was out there breaking records. Last season, curry led the league with 30points and 10assist games. This season? Still playing some damn elite ball, that's for sure. Sorry but klay isn't on that level yet.

Like I said before, klay keeps getting better, but thing is, so has curry.

Dengness9
01-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Follow me on this....

Steph and Klay are similar to Isiah and Joe D. Not saying play style. Skill level though in comparisons as teammates.

Steph and Klay will be HOF'ers like the two Pistons.

Isiah was the better or the two overall but they wouldn't have won without Dumars reaching his potential just like GS has become dominant w/ Klay going next level right up there with Steph. And Klay and Joe both have to guard other teams best wing too.

Papaya Petee
01-28-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry what?
Klay isn't close to being the best Warriors player.
Curry is a better scorer (slightly) and rebounder (slightly)

But his playmaking skills are so much better than Klays its not comparable. Klay can score, but cannot run an offense. Klay benefits more from Currys playmaking than Curry benefits from Klay.

Defensively Klay is a little better, but on the offensive part of the court Curry has a pretty big advantage.

Droid101
01-28-2015, 06:06 PM
Klay is definitely taking advantage of all the open looks Curry is creating, that's for damn sure.

Better player? Nah.

aj1987
01-28-2015, 07:02 PM
:biggums:
I probably exaggerated a bit. Seriously though, if Klay was the man on a team, he'd probably have a TS of ~55%. No way is he gonna average 22 or 23 on his own team.

OmniStrife
01-28-2015, 07:03 PM
This dude right here knows what's up.

Haymaker
01-28-2015, 07:14 PM
It doesn't matter who is the better player between the 2, they sure as hell don't care, it's all about winning. One night it can be Curry, the next Draymond, then Klay, Barnes and many others.

That's the true definition of a team. Individual stats are nice, but in the big picture of things is all about being a TEAM, word that gets lost in translation alot thanks to the Nike/Jordan/Adidas hype machine and the way how society likes to glorify individuals, the pre-existent need to distinguish the leaders, role models and excellent people in society based on certain characteristics.

Putting your ego aside and doing what's best for the team, is just a beautiful thing to watch.

So **** who is better, this isn't kobe/shaq petty rivalry, it's a group of great mature players, not ignorant, lazy, raping dickheads.
:applause:

Fudge
04-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Bump.

42 points/5 rebs/3 ast/1 stl
15/20 FG, 8/10 3PT, 4/4 FT

Yikes. Which other MVP candidates have the luxury of playing with a player like this?

Damn. Harden is the MVP. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.