PDA

View Full Version : Is Lynch's media shtick getting tired?

Done_And_Done
01-28-2015, 02:12 AM
So during his presser today, he repeatedly responded to any question that was asked with "I'm only here so I won't get fined." He used this response nearly 30 times after it was all said and done.

Whether it's now an act of protest or whatever, he clearly doesn't feel that communicating with the media is something his job should require him to do.

What do you dudes think about this? Is he crossing the line? Should these handsomely paid athletes be required to interact with the press?

I found the original scrum to be hysterical but today... Not so much. I thought he came off like an immature, d*ickbag. Wish somebody smacked that smug look off his face.

That_Admiral
01-28-2015, 02:15 AM
i dont think you should have to if you don't want to. I'm sure there's someone else that can be interviewed. Like Wilson or Sherman.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-28-2015, 02:18 AM
There is a football forum.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-28-2015, 02:19 AM
Lynch is a certifiable clown, but has admitted that he doesn't like talking with the media, and yet they continue to press him. Not really his fault.

oarabbus
01-28-2015, 02:22 AM
Lynch is a certifiable clown, but has admitted that he doesn't like talking with the media, and yet they continue to press him. Not really his fault.

Well, it doesn't really matter whether he likes to talk to them or not. It matters what the NFL thinks

Done_And_Done
01-28-2015, 02:27 AM
There is a football forum.

Thanks bro!

:cheers:

You're just one of those Good Guy Greg helpful type of fellas aren't ya

Nanners
01-28-2015, 02:37 AM
i dont see how what marshawn is doing is really any different from the non-answers that people like popovich and belichick often give at press conferences.

hateraid
01-28-2015, 02:43 AM
i dont see how what marshawn is doing is really any different from the non-answers that people like popovich and belichick often give at press conferences.
Pop and Lynch are another level. It started out as funny. Once they knew it was a gimmick they milked it. Just like all the alts in the OTC

Meticode
01-28-2015, 06:45 AM
I think Lynch is being a big ass baby. He gets paid millions of dollars to play a kids game, and millions of dollars to market products because of it. He has a good living obviously. All he has to do is answer questions about himself, his team and the game and he responds like this? Immature. If anything it doesn't show me anything other than how much of a asshole he is.

JtotheIzzo
01-28-2015, 06:52 AM
Seahawks are tiring.

The 12th man BS (yet they leave the stadium early)
Sherman calling out the Pats for cheating (yet he himself has failed PED tests)
Russell Wilson's overrated play
Marshawn Lynch's pathetic shunning of the media

I look so forward to them getting rolled by the Pats.

iamgine
01-28-2015, 07:06 AM
They need to make a vague rule about "punishment for conduct detrimental to the league"

This kind of rule will stop this kind of behavior. If the NFL don't like it they can just fine him. :lol

MP.Trey
01-28-2015, 07:12 AM
He needs better execution.

Jailblazers7
01-28-2015, 10:32 AM
Well, it doesn't really matter whether he likes to talk to them or not. It matters what the NFL thinks

If Goodell can completely avoid the press during a scandal, then I don't have a problem with Lynch protesting his interviews.

christian1923
01-28-2015, 10:35 AM
If Goodell can completely avoid the press during a scandal, then I don't have a problem with Lynch protesting his interviews.
This

Goddell ducked the media for like 3 months

LJJ
01-28-2015, 10:46 AM

He loves talking to them. He loves all this attention. It's why he does it.

mlh1981
01-28-2015, 11:09 AM
I think its funny, as the majority of sports interviews are mundane, cliche filled, and pointless.

Sarcastic
01-28-2015, 11:16 AM

Pretty much this. The hypocrisy is amazing. The same people that bemoan Lynch, will praise Popovich or Belichick for their shtick.

imdaman99
01-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Definitely this. There are a million questions the media wanted to ask Goodell but he hid like a coward. Lynch does sound like a jerk but he clearly doesn't want to talk to the media.

I just don't wanna see Lynch on a pre-game show after he retires and being eloquent with it, which I am confident I won't.

ROCSteady
01-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Lynch is my dude but this last one felt pretty contrived and overly planned, not spontaneous like the 'Yea' joint.

Like when Clinton Portis was doing the costumes then was pressured to do it and it got kinda ghey.

Come to DC Marshawn. 2 yrs/ 14 million

ItsMillerTime
01-28-2015, 05:10 PM
If he truly has anxiety problems with talking to a large group of people with 50 mics shoved in his face, then yeah the media can fvck off.

LJJ
01-28-2015, 05:25 PM
If he truly has anxiety problems with talking to a large group of people with 50 mics shoved in his face, then yeah the media can fvck off.

:lol

If he truly has anxiety problems he would either:
A. lock up, at which point the PR people would step in and end the interview
B. give mundane, short, boring answers to get it over with as quickly as possible. Like everyone who hates interviews does.

Instead he's having fun and stretching out his gimmick as long as possible.

Anxiety in this case is just a codeword for being a petulant dick and having a huge hard on for attention.

hateraid
01-28-2015, 07:23 PM
:lol

If he truly has anxiety problems he would either:
A. lock up, at which point the PR people would step in and end the interview
B. give mundane, short, boring answers to get it over with as quickly as possible. Like everyone who hates interviews does.

Instead he's having fun and stretching out his gimmick as long as possible.

Anxiety in this case is just a codeword for being a petulant dick and having a huge hard on for attention.
100% agree.

He's absolutely aware of what he is doing and milking it

Real Men Wear Green
01-28-2015, 07:32 PM
You can't force him to give useful answers. Media should just leave him alone as his sessions are pointless.

GOBB
01-28-2015, 08:12 PM
100% agree.

He's absolutely aware of what he is doing and milking it

He wore the Beast mode hat. No way that was a coincidence. He definitely knows what he is doing. Not as dumb as some may think given his appearance.

chosen_one6
01-28-2015, 08:17 PM
Who the f*ck cares? I mean honestly, does anyone REALLY give a shit what he thinks about the upcoming game?

Dude likes to show what he can do instead of talk about it. Y'all getting your panties in a bunch for what? Because he won't answer questions he doesn't wanna answer? You all sound like a bunch of grade school bitches.

Kblaze8855
01-28-2015, 08:19 PM
The only thing getting tiring is the media continuing to ask him questions just to get him to not answer...and write/talk about it.

Someone not speaking...isnt news. Him not speaking the next time either..is not news.

Him not speaking 29 times isnt newsworthy...its just proof you had 28 people asking dumbass questions to generate a story.

You knew the first time he wasnt gonna say shit..why keep asking? So you can print that he did it 29 times?

Its superbowl week...there are a million stories...this dude not wanting to talk should be mentioned in passing after a real story.

He does this all the time....it cant just...keep being news.

GOBB
01-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Who the f*ck cares? I mean honestly, does anyone REALLY give a shit what he thinks about the upcoming game?

Dude likes to show what he can do instead of talk about it. Y'all getting your panties in a bunch for what? Because he won't answer questions he doesn't wanna answer? You all sound like a bunch of grade school bitches.

I dont care about his thoughts on the game. I am intrigued by his personality, what he thinks/feels about certain issues, his work back home in the community. Do I care about what he has to say about the SB? Nah. Do I kinda care what kind of music he vibes too, recommends? Yeah. Do I care about his thoughts on how the NFL is treating him with fines? Nah. Do I kinda care about what NFL players attended his camp that he played against and what kids in college attended his camp? Yeah.

Yeah was sponsored by Beast Mode Inc :pimp:

chosen_one6
01-28-2015, 09:07 PM
I dont care about his thoughts on the game. I am intrigued by his personality, what he thinks/feels about certain issues, his work back home in the community. Do I care about what he has to say about the SB? Nah. Do I kinda care what kind of music he vibes too, recommends? Yeah. Do I care about his thoughts on how the NFL is treating him with fines? Nah. Do I kinda care about what NFL players attended his camp that he played against and what kids in college attended his camp? Yeah.

Yeah was sponsored by Beast Mode Inc :pimp:

I see what you did there :coleman:

ihatetimthomas
01-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Signing a pro contract does not just require you to play football. It requires you to speak to media, make appearances, act a certain way, etc. So for those of you who think he shouldn't have to say anything, I disagree. These athletes know what they are getting into. Their agents know the contract and they know what's required of them. It's his job to play football, but it's also his job to honor the contract and speak to media. If it's that hard then don't sign a contract.

ace23
01-28-2015, 10:04 PM
It's simply not funny. I'm indifferent though.

gts
01-28-2015, 10:50 PM
Brian Phelps ‏@BrianWPhelps \

A haiku, by Marshawn Lynch:

You know why I'm here
I'm here so I won't get fined
Thanks for asking boss

sportsfan76
01-29-2015, 01:37 AM
He is starting to come off as slightly retarded

SugarHill
01-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Pretty much this. The hypocrisy is amazing. The same people that bemoan Lynch, will praise Popovich or Belichick for their shtick.
Peach

mlh1981
01-29-2015, 07:47 PM
You can't force him to give useful answers. Media should just leave him alone as his sessions are pointless.

Yeah, and if they want to find out more about Lynch, they could also ask his teammates and coaches. Easy to get info about a player without asking them directly.