PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon ideas?

enayes
01-29-2015, 01:51 AM
I am getting married in August of this year and we're looking to book a honeymoon. I've been looking at cruises but we're not sure if we want to do a cruise or go to some type of resort. We live in NY.

What I've found so far:

7 night cruise leaving NYC to Bermuda for $1400 per person
7 night cruise leaving NYC to Florida/Bahamas for $1000 per person

Is a cruise a good option for a honeymoon? Any advice?

KevinNYC
01-29-2015, 02:00 AM
I am getting married in August of this year and we're looking to book a honeymoon. I've been looking at cruises but we're not sure if we want to do a cruise or go to some type of resort. We live in NY.

What I've found so far:

7 night cruise leaving NYC to Bermuda for $1400 per person
7 night cruise leaving NYC to Florida/Bahamas for $1000 per person

Is a cruise a good option for a honeymoon? Any advice?

What type of stuff do you like to do on vacation. Does this need to a romantic, old fashioned type of honeymooon.

Styles p
01-29-2015, 02:10 AM
agreed **** a cruise. fly to a destination and stay there.

rezznor
01-29-2015, 02:12 AM
would you rather experience this on your honeymoon...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3OB4OP-rTkQ/UlvtPUeXSHI/AAAAAAAAEbk/9zomKnvLVJU/s1600/Screenshot+-+10_14_2013+,+9_09_54+AM.png

or this?

http://www.blessthisstuff.com/imagens/stuff/velassaru-maldives.jpg

bigkingsfan
01-29-2015, 02:39 AM
I did two cruises, didn't exactly get a honeymoon vibe from the people on there. Wouldn't consider it unless you're on a serious budget, nothing romantic about walking around a boat at night. The rooms are also tiny.

ROCSteady
01-29-2015, 03:09 AM
Take her to Detroit. You guys will never forget it :)

Maybe Duece Wallaces can meet up with you and take you to the best gay bars for that kinky shit.

JohnFreeman
01-29-2015, 03:13 AM
Kill her then bury her vertically. Find stray dog and also kill it, and place body over the top of her. Fill in hole.

Stempel, HERB
01-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Take her to a Primerica meeting. Show off your long term plan to millions. :roll:

SexSymbol
01-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Go on a sex fest for a week. Say that you'd like to meet other people after the week.

fiddy
01-29-2015, 11:26 AM
santorini, maldives, or bali.

**** cruises. you wanna be stuck on a boat with a bunch of overweight, elderly midwesterners?
santorini is a pretty romantic place, suits the occasion pretty well IMO

Velocirap31
01-29-2015, 11:26 AM
My cruise was exactly what rezznor posted. A bunch of fat old people hogging the buffets all day. I had unlimited alcohol, but the servers take their sweet ass time unless you're paying them in cash and tips. Not to mention everything is on a schedule and you'll feel rushed the entire time.

I had to pay $150 extra a month after the cruise because oil prices were high at the time (fuel charge, ripoff). Wouldn't do a cruise again. Even though I was on a cruiseline (Celebrity) known for good food, it still got stale fast.

Patrick Chewing
01-29-2015, 11:30 AM
Save your money for the divorce.

j/k

Cruising is cheap though. I would do a luxury liner instead versus Norwegian, Carnival.

enayes
01-29-2015, 11:46 AM

**** cruises. you wanna be stuck on a boat with a bunch of overweight, elderly midwesterners?

can you do one weeks stays here for 2-3 grand? airfare included

We don't want to pay for an expensive flight and then an expensive resort, at least with a cruise we can get dropped off in NYC.

GimmeThat
01-29-2015, 11:46 AM
imagine a really really big tent.

DukeDelonte13
01-29-2015, 11:56 AM
i went to Negril for a week and it was awesome.

hateraid
01-29-2015, 02:30 PM
http://www.jademountain.com/

I went here for my Anniversary last year and it was a great experience and very romantic. Room opens up right to the beach. I highly recommend

Raymone
01-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Santorini's okay.

http://i.imgur.com/58YPUXll.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/58YPUXl.jpg)

Titanball4
01-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Look into St Lucia. It looks beautiful

Done_And_Done
01-29-2015, 03:38 PM
i went to Negril for a week and it was awesome.

I've done Mo'Bay which was heaps of fun but Negril is definitely on the short term bucket list. I hear 7 mile beach is real nice + scenic.

Done_And_Done
01-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Santorini's okay.

http://i.imgur.com/58YPUXll.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/58YPUXl.jpg)

Meh...

6.5 out of 11

Styles p
01-29-2015, 03:46 PM
http://www.jademountain.com/

I went here for my Anniversary last year and it was a great experience and very romantic. Room opens up right to the beach. I highly recommend

i was gonna tell him to go there but i feel that's all i talk about is st.lucia lol btw if you do decide to go to st.lucia you can get round trip tickets through jet blue out of jfk for around $500 a piece.

LJJ
01-29-2015, 03:52 PM

These aren't amazing options really from NY for a one week trip. Just look for a nice resort in the Caribbean like Hateraid and Duke posted. Much better.

Anyway, anything better than a cruise. Don't know what OP is thinking.

~primetime~
01-29-2015, 04:20 PM
I did Paris for my honeymoon, it was really awesome, better than I expected even. Stayed an entire week and that wasn't enough time.

Sounds like you've got a beach vacation in mind though...I want to do Hawaii soon, people probably roll their eyes at that for a honeymoon because it's so overdone and cliche but the truth is Kauai island is super beautiful. Tropical canyons and waterfalls all over.

~primetime~
01-29-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm currently planning a Rome-Pompeii-Naples vacation. If anyone has experience with that I would love to hear it.

Nanners
01-29-2015, 04:33 PM
I did Paris for my honeymoon, it was really awesome, better than I expected even. Stayed an entire week and that wasn't enough time.

Sounds like you've got a beach vacation in mind though...I want to do Hawaii soon, people probably roll their eyes at that for a honeymoon because it's so overdone and cliche but the truth is Kauai island is super beautiful. Tropical canyons and waterfalls all over.

hawaii is great. pay no attention to the eye rollers.

Raymone
01-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Anyway, anything better than a cruise. Don't know what OP is thinking.
OP opened 12 credit cards for the "phat rewards".

He strikes me as a cruise kinda guy.

Nanners
01-29-2015, 05:02 PM
OP opened 12 credit cards for the "phat rewards".

He strikes me as a cruise kinda guy.

lol, no kidding

you can thank me later OP (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5)

rezznor
01-29-2015, 05:20 PM
santorini is a pretty romantic place, suits the occasion pretty well IMO

yup, santorini is probably one of the most romantic places i have been.

rezznor
01-29-2015, 05:26 PM
can you do one weeks stays here for 2-3 grand? airfare included

We don't want to pay for an expensive flight and then an expensive resort, at least with a cruise we can get dropped off in NYC.

you might want to look into someplace in the caribbean instead then. more bang for your buck and a shorter flight. vieques in puerto rico is nice. also look into the dominican republic or costa rica. hell, even mexico would be better than a cruise.

here is a list to help you get started

http://www.caribjournal.com/2014/03/06/the-25-best-caribbean-all-inclusive-resorts-2014/

enayes
01-30-2015, 12:17 PM
lol, no kidding

you can thank me later OP (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5)

already looked into a cruise line credit card :oldlol: not worth adding to my collection at the moment, my credit score has gone up to 780 though :pimp:

enayes
01-31-2015, 10:45 PM
most likely booking a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise for $750 per person with our own private balcony, both of us have never been on a cruise so we're probably gonna go for it

Styles p
01-31-2015, 11:32 PM
most likely booking a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise for $750 per person with our own private balcony, both of us have never been on a cruise so we're probably gonna go for it

im sure you'll have a great time, just keep in mind you can get non stop round trips to just about anywhere in the caribbean out of JFK for less than $500 thats a deal.

D-FENS
01-31-2015, 11:33 PM
I know South Bend, Indiana is nice in August

Balla_Status
01-31-2015, 11:44 PM

Bali is full of trashy australians. Boracay island in the phillipines.

Balla_Status
01-31-2015, 11:48 PM
you might want to look into someplace in the caribbean instead then. more bang for your buck and a shorter flight. vieques in puerto rico is nice. also look into the dominican republic or costa rica. hell, even mexico would be better than a cruise.

here is a list to help you get started

http://www.caribjournal.com/2014/03/06/the-25-best-caribbean-all-inclusive-resorts-2014/

Playa del Carmen

Balla_Status
01-31-2015, 11:48 PM

Really glad you asked for all of our opinions on what to do for a honeymoon.

D-FENS
01-31-2015, 11:57 PM
Bali is full of trashy australians. Boracay island in the phillipines.

Boracay is where I met my wife. The island sucks though. Better off almost at any random island in Thailand

enayes
02-01-2015, 01:45 AM
Really glad you asked for all of our opinions on what to do for a honeymoon.

we're still thinking about it :lol

Balla_Status
02-01-2015, 02:03 AM
Boracay is where I met my wife. The island sucks though. Better off almost at any random island in Thailand

I hear it's an awesome beach but full of too many ladyboys. Best to not go if you're single but a good idea to take a ladyfriend.

Thailand been on my list for awhile. Can't wait. That and Vietnam.

I go to New Zealand on Saturday. Your neck of the woods. Touring the entire south island.

Batz
02-01-2015, 02:04 AM
Kill her then bury her vertically. Find stray dog and also kill it, and place body over the top of her. Fill in hole.
You know cops aren't that stupid right?

Bandito
02-01-2015, 02:31 AM
Yea I wouldnt do cruise. I was going to do a cruise this summer, but instead did a 1 week stay in the dominican republic for $1200 all inclusive. Def better options than cruises.
This.

That_Admiral
02-01-2015, 03:17 AM
I hear it's an awesome beach but full of too many ladyboys. Best to not go if you're single but a good idea to take a ladyfriend.

I go to New Zealand on Saturday. Your neck of the woods. Touring the entire south island.
NZ has been amazing these past couple of months and there's still a month left of this! Though it has been raining this weekend

enayes
02-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Just booked the cruise. Here's where we'll be going:

Arrival Departure
Day 1 Miami, Florida 4:00 PM
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 4 Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 5 Mahogany Bay, Honduras 7:00 AM 3:00 PM
Day 6 Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 Miami, Florida 8:00 AM

Nanners
02-01-2015, 04:16 PM
OP: Hey guys, thinking about going on a cruise for my honeymoon, is a cruise a good option for a honeymoon?

Every single person on ISH: Dont go on a cruise they suck

OP: Hey guys, I just booked my cruise, heres where I'll be going

Rameek
02-01-2015, 04:26 PM

Yea I wouldnt do cruise. I was going to do a cruise this summer, but instead did a 1 week stay in the dominican republic for $1200 all inclusive. Def better options than cruises.

These guys had the right idea. Why come ask for a better option than a cruise and still do the cruise?

For honeymoon I would never do a cruise unless I was 60 years old just getting married. The only possible way a cruise could be interesting is if you went to an exotic destination or it was some kind of special event cruise. Outside of that destination all inclusive deals are better.

ArbitraryWater
02-01-2015, 05:45 PM
OP: Hey guys, thinking about going on a cruise for my honeymoon, is a cruise a good option for a honeymoon?

:roll: :roll:

D-FENS
02-01-2015, 08:06 PM

Nice, bang a sheep for me

NBAplayoffs2001
02-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Santorini is gorgeous and has a pretty nice nightlife. Definitely seemed like a great place for a couple retreat. Some sweet restaurants for sure. If you go to Santorini just be careful with the streets, no sidewalks and some ratchet drivers. Definitely a really good place for a romantic getaway. Beaches are gorgeous. I remember going to the pink beach and literally no one was around. Very secluded. Most beaches also had restaurants near by.

outbreak
02-01-2015, 08:33 PM
These guys had the right idea. Why come ask for a better option than a cruise and still do the cruise?

For honeymoon I would never do a cruise unless I was 60 years old just getting married. The only possible way a cruise could be interesting is if you went to an exotic destination or it was some kind of special event cruise. Outside of that destination all inclusive deals are better.

Yeah the only good cruise is if it's a charted boat with people you know rather than a run of the mill public cruise.

JohnFreeman
02-01-2015, 09:24 PM

:roll:

enayes
02-02-2015, 01:17 AM

:lol

Even though I didn't take your guys advice I still appreciate it. Neither of us have been on a cruise so WE decided that we want to try it out. If it sucks we probably won't go on another one, not big deal.

I'll bump this thread after we go and let you guys know how it turned out.

enayes
05-12-2016, 12:35 AM
The cruise was pretty awesome. We swam with Stingrays on my wife's birthday, saw live shows and had great food on the boat, spent a full day at an all you can drink resort in Mexico, went cavetubing and spent 1/2 a day on a private island that housed an animal sanctuary.

A baby monkey grabbed my big toe through the cage :rockon: