PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the Thunder?

rezznor
01-29-2015, 10:02 PM
I know Durant has been in and out but still, I expected them to catch the Suns by now. what is going on in okc?

Cocaine80s
01-29-2015, 10:02 PM
nothing goes on in okc

Eric Cartman
01-29-2015, 10:06 PM
Iso.

KNOW1EDGE
01-29-2015, 10:08 PM
What's wrong with them is Serge Ibaka and Russell Westbrook.

KD is gone as soon as he is up for free-agency.
He has no shot at winning a chip in OKC

navy
01-29-2015, 10:11 PM
1) Durant injuries.
2) Scott Brooks.
3) Bad roster that has scrubs like Perkins and Robertson playing big minutes.
4) Reggie Jackson playing like shit because he knows he will be traded.
5) Dion Waiters was never good.
6) Westbrook playing like a retard.

In order.

keep-itreal
01-29-2015, 10:16 PM
Iso all day.

rezznor
01-29-2015, 10:17 PM
damnit thunder hurry up and catch the suns. i need them out of the playoff picture :mad:

meat
01-29-2015, 10:20 PM
These mofos have sat put on a garbage roster for too long. KD and Westbrook can only drag all these guys up and down the court for so many years.

rapker
01-29-2015, 10:20 PM
iso ball for days

Magic731
01-29-2015, 10:23 PM
Ibaka is overrated as hell. All he can do is block shots. As least he's added a 3 point shot this year. But he is very comfortably on a level or two below others PFs such as LMA, Millsap, Randolph, etc. This roster is literally Durant and Westbrook. Everyone else is dead weight. Adams has potential but he's not there yet.

keep-itreal
01-29-2015, 10:26 PM
Ibaka is overrated as hell. All he can do is block shots. As least he's added a 3 point shot this year. But he is very comfortably on a level or two below others PFs such as LMA, Millsap, Randolph, etc. This roster is literally Durant and Westbrook. Everyone else is dead weight. Adams has potential but he's not there yet.

Trade everyone(including the coach) and keep Steven Adams, KD, Westbrook.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-29-2015, 10:54 PM

Basically this.

I've gotta be honest, if I'm Westbrook there's no way I'm passing up shots, even bad ones, to pass to some of these scrubs. I'll watch Thunder games whenever they're nationally televised, and in every single game it seems like Perkins misses at least 2-3 easy buckets off of passes from Westbrook, and that's just one player. It reaches the point where a contested bad shot is a better option than giving someone like Perkins the ball.

sick_brah07
01-29-2015, 10:57 PM
selfish play

dabigbaws
01-30-2015, 01:19 AM
Scott brooks.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-30-2015, 01:20 AM
1) Trading Harden
2) Coaching
3) Durant not playing to his standards from last year/being hurt.

Real14
01-30-2015, 01:21 AM
1) Trading Harden
2) Coaching
This and reggie Jackson not playing his best.

JohnFreeman
01-30-2015, 01:22 AM
Durant being horrible

Thunderfan86
01-30-2015, 01:33 AM
Homosexuals

Real14
01-30-2015, 01:39 AM
Homosexuals
you mean that runs Oklahoma the state?:confusedshrug:

Thunderfan86
01-30-2015, 01:42 AM
you mean that runs Oklahoma the state?:confusedshrug:
They just passed a law that homosexuals can get married in the state of Oklahoma.

Real14
01-30-2015, 01:45 AM
They just passed a law that homosexuals can get married in the state of Oklahoma.
damn this country iz going down in flames:facepalm Momma told me there was gonna be days like this:(

KG215
01-30-2015, 05:05 AM
1) Trading Harden
2) Coaching
Durant hasn't played to his standards from last year is solely because he's been hurt and in-and-out of the lineup. I know it's probably not what you mean, but Durant playing up to his standards from last year doesn't have anything to do with him regressing or just flatout sucking. He's had games where he's been every bit of 2014 Durant, he just hasn't had a long enough stretch of time to work himself back from the injuries and shake off the rust.

Anyway, without going into any kind of detail because it's f***ing 3:00 in the morning and I'm tired, OKC's main problems this year really all stem from a lack of cohesiveness. Whether that cohesiveness is due to injuries, new players and new starters, or a mid-season trade, the roster as a whole (when it's at its ideal form when fully healthy) has had very little time to gel and develop chemistry.

After that it's things like Serge Ibaka turning into a f***ing pansy and regressing big time; Scott Brooks being one of the worst coaches in the league and being a TERRIBLE fit for the older, more mature OKC roster; and Russell Westbrook not being as good as Kevin Durant, which was always pretty obvious...what I mean is that Westbrook, as great as he is, just isn't quite as capable of carrying a roster as Durant ala 2014.

All-in-all the whole season has been an enormous mess and extremely frustrating, and I've been drinking a lot of beer over the last few weeks to cope with it all in an unhealthy manner. I still think OKC will get their shit together at some point and go on a run where they win something like 20 out of 25 games but, at this point, I'm afraid it may be too late.

fragokota
01-30-2015, 06:29 AM
Durant hasn't played to his standards from last year is solely because he's been hurt and in-and-out of the lineup. I know it's probably not what you mean, but Durant playing up to his standards from last year doesn't have anything to do with him regressing or just flatout sucking. He's had games where he's been every bit of 2014 Durant, he just hasn't had a long enough stretch of time to work himself back from the injuries and shake off the rust.

Anyway, without going into any kind of detail because it's f***ing 3:00 in the morning and I'm tired, OKC's main problems this year really all stem from a lack of cohesiveness. Whether that cohesiveness is due to injuries, new players and new starters, or a mid-season trade, the roster as a whole (when it's at its ideal form when fully healthy) has had very little time to gel and develop chemistry.

After that it's things like Serge Ibaka turning into a f***ing pansy and regressing big time; Scott Brooks being one of the worst coaches in the league and being a TERRIBLE fit for the older, more mature OKC roster; and Russell Westbrook not being as good as Kevin Durant, which was always pretty obvious...what I mean is that Westbrook, as great as he is, just isn't quite as capable of carrying a roster as Durant ala 2014.

All-in-all the whole season has been an enormous mess and extremely frustrating, and I've been drinking a lot of beer over the last few weeks to cope with it all in an unhealthy manner. I still think OKC will get their shit together at some point and go on a run where they win something like 20 out of 25 games but, at this point, I'm afraid it may be too late.

This ain't happening this year son, OKC roster not good enough and West too hard of a conference to be in.

andremiller07
01-30-2015, 08:48 AM

Are you finally going to concede he's a average player?

La Frescobaldi
01-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Are you finally going to concede he's a average player?
:oldlol: or that defense is defense and some guys don't?

They Won
01-30-2015, 01:17 PM
I know Durant has been in and out but still, I expected them to catch the Suns by now. what is going on in okc?

Definitely surprising that they have yet to catch up.

russwest0
01-30-2015, 01:26 PM
The same thing thats been wrong for years, their coach is a total jackass.