PDA

View Full Version : You're not going to win a championship with Lin as your franchise player

SpecialQue
01-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Fact. As much as I like the guy, he's just not elite.

SugarHill
01-29-2015, 11:52 PM
He just needs to be in the right position and by right position I mean 2k with the sliders all the way up

navy
01-29-2015, 11:53 PM
Linsanity Lin was the GOAT scoring point guard.

outbreak
01-29-2015, 11:55 PM
He just needs to be in the right position and by right position I mean 2k with the sliders all the way up
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/english51.gif

Ariza4three
01-29-2015, 11:57 PM
He wouldn't even be a top 5 scoring PG right now

SugarHill
01-30-2015, 12:07 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/english51.gif
http://i.imgur.com/YNhCbmi.jpg

BasedTom
01-30-2015, 12:07 AM
hey he doesn't look half bad so far

Kidbasketball20
01-30-2015, 12:10 AM
I'm not even saying that

His defense needs to improve a lot to be starter on a contender

But he'd make a phenomenal 2nd PG off the bench on ANY contender

MVBallin2K
01-30-2015, 12:12 AM
I don't like the guy as a coach but it's amazing the impact that Mike D'Antoni has had on creating an illusion for talented point guards being more than they actually are.

Jeremy Lin is an example of this. He's a solid player overall but under that offense, he looked tremendous and ever since then, he's shown flashes of it but has never been like he was in that one time period. Not in Houston and not in LA. The easy reason for this is because he was a product of that system and without it, his weaknesses are exposed.

It's not only him. Jordan Farmar looked tremendous last year and hasn't even been close to that this year. Kendall Marshall got a nice contract from the Hawks based off of last year and he's not even approaching what he did last year. The idea that this illusion has been created among the Lin stans that are left that this guy is just underutilized and has to play with Kobe and Harden so that's why he suffers is crazy. Those types of things usually happen with the more high profile, star players but Lin owes his entire career and every dollar he makes to D'Antoni bringing the best out of what he can do and hiding his weaknesses.

ralph_i_el
01-30-2015, 12:17 AM
I don't like the guy as a coach but it's amazing the impact that Mike D'Antoni has had on creating an illusion for talented point guards being more than they actually are.

Jeremy Lin is an example of this. He's a solid player overall but under that offense, he looked tremendous and ever since then, he's shown flashes of it but has never been like he was in that one time period. Not in Houston and not in LA. The easy reason for this is because he was a product of that system and without it, his weaknesses are exposed.

It's not only him. Jordan Farmar looked tremendous last year and hasn't even been close to that this year. Kendall Marshall got a nice contract from the Hawks based off of last year and he's not even approaching what he did last year. The idea that this illusion has been created among the Lin stans that are left that this guy is just underutilized and has to play with Kobe and Harden so that's why he suffers is crazy. Those types of things usually happen with the more high profile, star players but Lin owes his entire career and every dollar he makes to D'Antoni bringing the best out of what he can do and hiding his weaknesses.

Yup. Any PnR guard will benefit from D'Antoni. Lots of guys get overlooked because their main skill is ball handling and PnR, but they aren't good enough to get the touches. D'Antoni makes the most of those guys.

CelticBaller
01-30-2015, 12:19 AM
:facepalm

gts
01-30-2015, 12:25 AM

D'Antoni's system has got more guys big contracts they don't deserve than any other coach in the league

Mr. Jabbar
01-30-2015, 12:26 AM
i'd go as far as saying he can't/shouldn't start on a team that's going beyond round 1

JebronLames
01-30-2015, 12:32 AM
2nd best asian-american in the NBA

Kidbasketball20
01-30-2015, 01:11 AM

LMAO such bullshit

If Lin had a coach like Carlisle, Pop or Thib he'd be producing CONSISTENT tremendous numbers.

Even Woodson was making it work w/ him and Melo.

McHale and Scott are just old school coaches who refuse to look at things other than one way.

Smook A.
01-30-2015, 01:14 AM
Lin won't ever be a franchise player. I just don't see it in him. He could be a good 4th or 5th option on a contending team though

HOoopCityJones
01-30-2015, 01:24 AM
This ni99a just choked this game away, I know that.

Kidbasketball20
01-30-2015, 01:41 AM

And he scores 4 pts right after you say that

11/5 in 27 min

Continue looking like an ignorant idiot :cry:

HOoopCityJones
01-30-2015, 01:43 AM
And he scores 4 pts right after you say that

11/5 in 27 min

Continue looking like an ignorant idiot :cry:

Bigger idiot than Lin on the bench while Clarkson balls out?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m04c8sJjK61qzlvmi.gif

Kidbasketball20
01-30-2015, 01:45 AM
Bigger idiot than Lin on the bench while Clarkson balls out?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m04c8sJjK61qzlvmi.gif

Clarkson's looking great with teams not having a scouting report on him yet.

And he has tremendous athleticism.

I'm not hating on Clarkson dumb ****.

Just your idiotic overreactions like a little bitch

deja vu
01-30-2015, 01:47 AM
In other news, water is wet and sky is blue.

Kidbasketball20
01-30-2015, 01:50 AM

LMAO now someone really chokes the game away and you're quiet as the bitch mouse you are

Kidbasketball20
01-30-2015, 02:02 AM
Hoop City Bitch ran away like the bitch he is

scared little *****

triangleoffense
01-30-2015, 02:21 AM
at best he'd be a decent 6th man, still seems kinda soft

UK2K
01-30-2015, 02:25 AM
I'm not even saying that

His defense needs to improve a lot to be starter on a contender

But he'd make a phenomenal 2nd PG off the bench on ANY contender

Until he completely ignores the coach in the playoffs and turns the ball over with seconds remaining on the clock.

That will haunt me until the end of my days.

But in all seriousness, Lin would make a great first option off the bench. He needs to go to Indiana where he can split minutes with Hill.

HOoopCityJones
01-30-2015, 02:26 AM
Hoop City Bitch ran away like the bitch he is

scared little *****

:biggums: Stay out my inbox tho.

Lin is a scrub. Rookie JC getting crunch time over him. :lol

imnew09
01-30-2015, 02:28 AM
You're franchise is a lottery team if Lin is your franchise player.

:facepalm Simple as that

HOoopCityJones
01-30-2015, 02:29 AM
LMAO now someone really chokes the game away and you're quiet as the bitch mouse you are

You were saying?

Where you go?

*crickets*

Wally450
01-30-2015, 10:32 AM
:facepalm

He's not wrong.

136 Points scored by Lin in his first five starts, the most by any player since the NBA and ABA merged in 1976.

26.8 Lin's points-per-game.

chocolatethunder
01-30-2015, 11:19 AM
He's not wrong.

136 Points scored by Lin in his first five starts, the most by any player since the NBA and ABA merged in 1976.

26.8 Lin's points-per-game.
Yeah but he sucks, that's the problem. Lots of player have gotten hot and had a stretch of good games and lots of those player suck too. Who cares about his five starts. We are talking about what he's done since then and it's just hot garbage. The few nut riders left just come in and blame everyone but Lin for Lin's problems but it's been proven over time that he's not good. The sample size is large enough to see what's real now. It will be proven again by the size of his next contract and by how little he contributes to his next team. Sit back and watch and then watch KidAsian20 come in here and blame that coach and those players.

NustABut
01-30-2015, 11:32 AM
:lol Beating a dead horse but..

Lin would make a great 6th man for a lot of teams...

He's not really consistent enough to start on a good team, and he's better than most backup PGs.

Ideally he'd play 20-28 minutes a game

ralph_i_el
01-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Lin is an athletic, turnover-prone lead ballhandler with a shakey J. Teams would take a flyer on him if he was 20, but he's not. He's not likely to get any better at his age. He has strengths, but they aren't strengths that will help him as a role player.

Lin
Beal
Demare Carroll
Ryan Anderson
Tyson Chandler

Is a realistic starting Lineup that would allow Lin to be successful as a lead ball handler. Problem is, no one is building their squad around Lin right now (obvious reasons). His best bet is to be traded to a good team who's pg goes down for the season. Like if Teague got hurt, Lin could definetly succeed on the Hawks (depending on if he could beat out Schroeder).

Lin will never be the BEST player on a team. He could be a successful lead ball handler though.

Lin is a smart guy, I'm sure he knows this. Right now his getting those big checks, but after his contract is up I could see him trying to sign with the Spurs for $3.5-5m a year

dunksby
01-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Are people still mad about the Linsanity thing? Get over it there will always be overpaid players who disappoint although Lin is a serviceable back up PG.

They Won
01-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Fact. As much as I like the guy, he's just not elite.

Give him LeBron's 2007 squad and guaranteed threepeat.