PDA

View Full Version : Not one to hate on Lebron but...

The_Pharcyde
01-30-2015, 06:24 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/30/lebron-james-reportedly-asked-adam-silver-for-longer-all-star-break-fewer-back-to-backs/

[QUOTE]LeBron James wanted the NBA to dump sleeved jerseys.

Boom, Christmas Day jerseys no longer had sleeves (or last names).

Want another example of LeBron

SugarHill
01-30-2015, 06:29 PM
LeBron is the real commissioner

buddha
01-30-2015, 06:32 PM
LeColluder

Overdrive
01-30-2015, 06:34 PM
LeDam Silver

Rose'sACL
01-30-2015, 06:37 PM
were any of those ideas bad? am i missing something here?

The_Pharcyde
01-30-2015, 06:39 PM
yes, the 82 game nba season is just fine.. why have less backtobacks
why make winning the NBA title easier from a physical standpoint than previous champions who never complained about it

you signed up for this when you put the ink on your 5yr/96mil deal

suck it up

navy
01-30-2015, 06:43 PM
lol, what is this shit. Just trying to hate so that you can hate. Back to backs need to be eliminated. I dont really care about the All star break.

Hey Yo
01-30-2015, 06:48 PM
why make winning the NBA title easier from a physical standpoint than previous champions who never complained about it

suck it up
So you think it's ok that Dallas has to play 4 games in 5 nights this week?

Not sure how many other teams have had to play double B2B's, but I'm sure that it could have been avoided during schedule making.

TheMarkMadsen
01-30-2015, 06:51 PM
requested not earned

TheMarkMadsen
01-30-2015, 06:52 PM
lol, what is this shit. Just trying to hate so that you can hate. Back to backs need to be eliminated. I dont really care about the All star break.

uh why? So the season can last even longer?

tontoz
01-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Back to backs don't need to be elimated but i think it would be a good idea if they were reduced. When a team plays their 4th game in 5 nights it is pretty tough to win.

I would have no problem with it if they reduced the number of games by up to 10.

LEFT4DEAD
01-30-2015, 06:58 PM
Lebron is the most impactful player ever, not just in sense of the value for his team, but also because he can do whatever he wants in this league, and the best thing about that is that he doesn't give a shit about your opinion of him.
How great that guy is :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SugarHill
01-30-2015, 07:00 PM
Lebron is the most impactful player ever, not just in sense of the value for his team, but also because he can do whatever he wants in this league, and the best thing about that is that he doesn't give a shit about your opinion of him.
How great that guy is :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
http://i.imgur.com/PjjuUko.gif

JT123
01-30-2015, 07:01 PM

suck it up
This is the stupidest logic I've ever heard. :oldlol: How the hell do you know previous champions never complained about the schedule?
How old are you? I ask because only bitter old people bitch about progress and making things better. Hardly any sports fans care about the NBA regular season, and the number one reason almost everyone gives is that there are too many games. Lebron is an alpha that has the courage to say what players in previous era's didn't. :pimp:

The_Pharcyde
01-30-2015, 07:04 PM
This is the stupidest logic I've ever heard. :oldlol: How the hell do you know previous champions never complained about the schedule?
How old are you? I ask because only bitter old people bitch about progress and making things better. Hardly any sports fans care about the NBA regular season, and the number one reason almost everyone gives is that there are too many games. Lebron is an alpha that has the courage to say what players in previous era's didn't. :pimp:

Lebron could murder your own mother and you wouldn't testify against him so I didn't even read this

Hey Yo
01-30-2015, 07:04 PM
requested not earned
"I wanna play for the Lakers"

Kobe and Magic

JT123
01-30-2015, 07:07 PM

Kobe and Magic
:roll: rekkt!

JT123
01-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Lebron could murder your own mother and you wouldn't testify against him so I didn't even read this
Cause murdering someone and asking for a better schedule are so similar. :facepalm Thanks for proving what an imbecile you are. :cheers:

raprap
01-30-2015, 07:13 PM
LeBron's opinions get blown out of perspective because he is the best player in the planet.

Marchesk
01-30-2015, 07:38 PM

Less games means fresher players, less injuries, more meaningful games (games count for more), and less wear and tear over players careers, which will extend their playing days.

It's all around a beneficial thing for the quality of the game. The only problem is that it would likely reduce revenue.

J Shuttlesworth
01-30-2015, 07:39 PM
People on here bitching about the season length being OK are also the first ones to bitch when players get injured.

#number6ix#
01-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Seems like Bron is lookin out for everybody... That's whats up

Springsteen
01-30-2015, 07:50 PM
None of these are horrible suggestions, and Lebron is voicing opinions that are common around players in the league. Last season, Roy Hibbert was talking about eliminating back to backs or simply having a shorter season to eliminate duress on players in an interview with Grantland. But I'm sure no one here bothered to complain about it, because it's not something they can jizz about hating Lebron over.

Real Men Wear Green
01-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Who here thinks back-to-backs are a good thing?

SpaceJammeR
01-30-2015, 08:11 PM
less back to backs and games means healthier and fresher players. if anything lebron is helping other players out like drose, irving, cp3, curry and other fragile players. and more nba players would be able to play a lot longer. 82 games is way too long imo.

AnaheimLakers24
01-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Hes a bitch. His wife probably ****s real men when hes away

sammichoffate
01-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Have you ever seen Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Pierce, and all those other HOF's complain about the schedule length? Jesus Christ :facepalm

SpaceJammeR
01-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Have you ever seen Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Pierce, and all those other HOF's complain about the schedule length? Jesus Christ :facepalm

it's because he's alpha. he's not scared to say something. complaining is mistaken more like improving the nba.

TheMarkMadsen
01-30-2015, 08:37 PM

Kobe and Magic

Kobe "I want Shaq to leave to prove I don't need him"

Lebron " I'm taking my talents to south beach because I need former FMVP wade to teach me how to win"

smoovegittar
01-30-2015, 08:38 PM
I could do without back-to-backs. The season length is just fine.

Y'all must be bored.

sammichoffate
01-30-2015, 09:13 PM
it's because he's alpha. he's not scared to say something. complaining is mistaken more like improving the nba.Implying none of those players are "alpha". Right...:whatever:

Real14
01-30-2015, 09:24 PM
given not earned. Bought not built.

Beastmode88
01-30-2015, 09:27 PM
So someone who takes paycuts with 2 other all star calibre players to form a superteam is suppose to be an all time great? :confusedshrug:

hahaitme
01-30-2015, 09:39 PM
LeBron
LeCoach
LeGM
LeCommish

:roll:

Megabox!
01-30-2015, 09:49 PM
So someone who takes paycuts with 2 other all star calibre players to form a superteam is suppose to be an all time great? :confusedshrug:
You're an even bigger retard than I thought if you don't think he's an all-time great player

hahaitme
01-30-2015, 09:59 PM
given not earned. Bought not built.

Ah good old NY, not given, not earned, not bought, not build, just.. not. :roll:

Prometheus
01-30-2015, 11:36 PM
Kobe "I want Shaq to leave to prove I don't need him"

... misses playoffs

Prometheus
01-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Ah good old NY, not given, not earned, not bought, not build, just.. not. :roll:

:roll:

TheMarkMadsen
01-30-2015, 11:40 PM
... misses playoffs

pretty tough to watch the 08,09 and 10 playoffs with your hands covering your eyes huh?

Prometheus
01-30-2015, 11:45 PM
pretty tough to watch the 08,09 and 10 playoffs with your hands covering your eyes huh?

Point is he didn't win again until he once again had Phil and a dominant front court, so he really didn't prove much.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-30-2015, 11:53 PM
LeBron is the real commissioner
Hes so ****ing Alpha. This guy is literally running the league as a player :applause: :bowdown:

aj1987
01-31-2015, 06:57 AM
Didn't he start crying after the '07 season for better teammates?

JohnFreeman
01-31-2015, 07:01 AM
I agree with shortening the season

SpanishACB
01-31-2015, 07:03 AM
That article is almost a parody of itself.

So, is Silver going too far to please LeBron? Nah, these are just good ideas.

Since when do you need influence to have someone buy into a good idea?

dunksby
01-31-2015, 07:21 AM
Good, I'm with LeBron on this one, reducing B2B's is a good idea. LeBron should be the head of NBPA :applause:

AintNoSunshine
01-31-2015, 07:27 AM
Its LeBrons league

Blue&Orange
01-31-2015, 11:17 AM
Probably Lebron's d1ck inside your mouth.

ILLsmak
01-31-2015, 11:35 AM
Good, I'm with LeBron on this one, reducing B2B's is a good idea. LeBron should be the head of NBPA :applause:

I remember for a second I thought George Foreman invented that grill.

Same idea here. Let's not act like Bron was sitting up at night thinking of ways to improve the season. It was probably a gathering of people... whether player association or his colleagues... that got together and decided he should say this.

-Smak

poido123
01-31-2015, 01:23 PM
F.cking p*ssy.

Back to backs is part of the struggle in an nba season, makes winning the championship all that more satisfying. part of playing those back to backs is testing a teams resolve and mental strength.

Making rule changes to appease spoilt athletes is absurd.

Just because lebron likes to take midseason vacations and b.tch out on his teams when necessary, does not mean the league has to follow suit.

KyrieTheFuture
01-31-2015, 02:00 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/19/tony-parker-thinks-the-nba-should-shorten-preseason-as-a-way-to-combat-back-to-backs/

Tony Parker said this already too

ArbitraryWater
01-31-2015, 02:03 PM
Eliminating back to backs and cutting down the season to 58 games (less pre-season games too) is what they should do next.. loving all his suggestions so far.

Hey, its 'Bron's world, we're just living in it.

poido123
01-31-2015, 02:29 PM
Eliminating back to backs and cutting down the season to 58 games (less pre-season games too) is what they should do next.. loving all his suggestions so far.

Hey, its 'Bron's world, we're just living in it.

It further screws league record keeping and makes it difficult to line up accolades and players.

I wouldn't credit a championship won in a 58 game season as high as one won in a 82 game season.

I wouldn't expect lebron fans to understand what adversity is when their hero is lebron :rolleyes:

Rose'sACL
01-31-2015, 02:33 PM
It further screws league record keeping and makes it difficult to line up accolades and players.

I wouldn't credit a championship won in a 58 game season as high as one won in a 82 game season.

I wouldn't expect lebron fans to understand what adversity is when their hero is lebron :rolleyes:
who cares what you think or how current players match up to players from the past. i just want good basketball. reducing 10-20 games would make playoffs more enjoyable because of less injuries.
i am telling you that if jordan was boring in today's league, so many people would say stuff like "jordan didn't have the drive to go for russel's 11 rings record" or something like that.
top 16 teams make the playoffs. 58 games, every team plays every other team twice in the season leading to equal chance for every team to make the playoffs. this will help save time because playoffs will take a lot of days because of so much traveling time if a west coast team is playing a east coast team like knicks vs lakers for example. this will be glorious.
lets say golden state fall short of bulls record by 2 wins. wouldn't warriors record be better than bulls record given that they play in a much better conference than the one those bulls played in but if you go out and say that, no one will agree with you so please shut up about all this measuring up to former players.
if schedule is equally hard/easy for all teams then it is a great thing because then everyone has equal chances.

J Shuttlesworth
01-31-2015, 02:39 PM

Ok, but then please don't bitch when Rose gets another season ending injury

Rose'sACL
01-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Ok, but then please don't bitch when Rose gets another season ending injury
people like him are not basketball fans first. people like him are fans of players/teams before the game itself.