PDA

View Full Version : How come Kyrie Irving's stats aren't going down playing with LeBron?

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 05:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2jm2BH0.png
Seems like they are a great fit. He has 1 more ppg, 1 less APG, but higher FG%

Also shooting a career high at 3P%

Also, his win % is up :lol

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Also, Mozgov getting his career high PPG, rebounds, blocks, and FG% with Bronny

http://i.imgur.com/ZoDSdi7.png

imdaman99
02-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Nice try, he had 55 without Lebron ball hogging the stats. Take the 55 point game out and try again, desperate branstan :lol

KembaWalker
02-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Let's see K Love's stats :coleman:

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Nice try, he had 55 without Lebron ball hogging the stats. Take the 55 point game out and try again, desperate branstan :lol
Hi, friend. I will GLADLY do that for you. I'll take out the 55 point game, let's see the results. Good point! Here is his new PPG:

21.1 PPG without the 55 point game

outbreak
02-01-2015, 05:42 PM
It wasn't guards people said Lebron affected it was bigs who have to clear the paint for him. If he's a better option than that's fine but when the team struggles you can't say the big with lower stats is playing poorly when he has changed his style for Lebron.

3ball
02-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Hi, friend. I will GLADLY do that for you. I'll take out the 55 point game, let's see the results. Good point! Here is his new PPG:

it's a testament to kyrie's mental fortitude.

lebron cratered the stats of love, wade and bosh, so kyrie is an anomaly.

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Let's see K Love's stats :coleman:
In a nutshell, 3 pts and 3 rebounds under his career averages.

The point is that you expect stats to go down a bit when playing with the best player in the world. 3 all stars sharing the rock... everyones stats will go down a bit, besides the best player. It's pretty damn impressive that Kyrie has maintained virtually the exact same stats on higher efficiency. Kyrie might be the best fit player alongside Bron aside from maybe 2011 Wade.

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 05:45 PM

Mozgov and JR are putting up significantly better numbers with LeBron than they did on the teams they were traded from.

Also, Wade still put up 25/6.4/4.6 in 2011, which was arguably as good as his 2010 season.

But LeBron added to Wade/Bosh's ring count, so I doubt they are mad about stats being down

JT123
02-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Also, Mozgov getting his career high PPG, rebounds, blocks, and FG% with Bronny

http://i.imgur.com/ZoDSdi7.png
But but Bron forces big men to be spot up shooters! :lol

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Just fyi 3ball, Pippen's best statistical seasons were the ones when Jordan retired.

3ball
02-01-2015, 05:49 PM
In a nutshell, 3 pts and 3 rebounds under his career averages.

Love averaged 11 and 14 PPG his first two seasons, which is not indicative of his current ability, so using a career average understates what his stand-alone ability is right now.

Love's PPG is down a whopping 9 PPG from last season, and last season (or an average of the last few seasons) is the only plausible proxy for his current stand-alone ability.

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Love averaged 11 and 14 PPG his first two seasons, which is not indicative of his current ability, so using a career average understates what his stand-alone ability is right now.

Love's PPG is down a whopping 9 PPG from last season, and last season (or an average of the last few seasons) is the only plausible proxy for his current stand-alone ability.
Curious bro... have you given Love the eye test this year? He's been playing poorly with or without LeBron on the floor. I'd say if anything, Love is the anomaly. Even when Blatt goes to Love in the post or elbow, he's been very inefficient. Part of it is that he's hurt. It seems like just about every other Cav is performing better this year aside from Love, and Mike Miller.

lilteapot
02-01-2015, 05:54 PM

I don't give a shit what you say. You're a terrible human being and your mother didn't raise you the right way. Lord knows if your father was even around.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Hasn't LeBron sat more than the 55 game? It would be a more accurate representation if you separated all of it (don't know if that would help or hurt your argument).

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Hasn't LeBron sat more than the 55 game? It would be a more accurate representation if you separated all of it (don't know if that would help or hurt your argument).
It might hurt it a little bit, but his PPG is at 20.5 excluding the games that LeBron DNP. The rest of the stats are approximately the same as well.

RedBlackAttack
02-01-2015, 06:00 PM
You serious, Clark?

In the 11 games BEFORE the 55 point outburst, Kyrie had averaged 24 points on 50/52/84 splits, 5.4 assists, 3.2 rebounds, 1.9 steals.

For the season up to that point, he had averaged 21+ points on 46/41/84 splits.

This has been probably the best overall development for the Cavs and the overhauled roster. I don't think a lot of people saw it coming, either.

The natural assumption was that Kyrie's usage would drop with LeBron on the team, he'd be handling the ball much less and his statistics would plummet, particularly his scoring.

Well, his usage percent has relatively plummeted... Down from 30.2 and 28.2 the last two years to 25.5 this year (easily a career low). And, if you take out the games that LeBron missed, he's hovering around 21.

However, not only is his efficiency the best of his career (57.4 TS%, 52.7 eFG%), he is actually averaging more points per game than last season (21.8 to 20.8) and he has the best assist-to-turnover ratio of his career.

Anyway you look at it, Kyrie is having a greater impact on games this season than at any other point in his career, especially when you factor in his quite solid defense so far. Most important of all, he's playing at this level alongside a dominating LeBron James.

There is no "taking turns" the way Wade and James did early on in the Miami experiment. These guys are both able to play at their most lethal offensively on the same court at the same time.

Everyone assumed LeBron and Love would fit together seamlessly and Kyrie would be the one searching for his game in this "Big Three." In truth, through a half a season, it has been James and Irving who seem like they were meant to play with one another while KLove has taken longer to adapt.

But, as a Cavs fan, the development of Kyrie and LeBron playing this well together signals potentially big things. I thought they'd be good together, but even I worried about what might happen if the ball drifted too far away from Kyrie for stretches. The good thing is that this has happened at times, but he is showing that he is very adept off the ball as well as on it.

All very good signs for the future of this team.

3ball
02-01-2015, 06:01 PM
I don't give a shit what you say. You're a terrible human being and your mother didn't raise you the right way. Lord knows if your father was even around.
you guys get so mad when you're forced to accept that jordan is the best and that you all waste your time watching today's inferior game and players.

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 06:02 PM
you guys get so mad when you're forced to accept that jordan is the best and that you all waste your time watching today's inferior game and players.
Actually, it seems like even Jordan fans think you're a POS :roll:

RedBlackAttack
02-01-2015, 06:08 PM
In the 28 games prior to James' injury...

Kyrie Irving - 20.2 points (47/38/84 splits), 5.3 assists, 2.9 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 1.9 turnovers

LeBron's first 8 games back, prior to the 55 points...

Kyrie Irivng - 22.6 points (52/51/85 splits), 5.5 assists, 2.9 rebounds, 2.1 steals, 3.0 turnovers

I've watched every game Kyrie has played in his young career. He's playing the best basketball of his life alongside LeBron James and it's not really all that close.

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 06:35 PM
RBA is posting from deep in the Q :pimp:

3ball
02-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Actually, it seems like even Jordan fans think you're a POS :roll:
like i care about you females getting your panties in a bunch.. i bet y'all are ugly as hell

konex
02-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Cos he's a pretty good spot-up shooter.

Fowl
02-01-2015, 06:43 PM

First of all, hes 22, he got BETTER and due to having LeBron on his team, his stats look like he didn't get better. If he wasn't playing with LeBron he would have even better stats. Plus, he almost didn't even make the AllStar game this season.

SpecialQue
02-01-2015, 06:43 PM
RBA and J spreading cheeks and ramming it home, tearing tissue, leaving nigguhs bowlegged, dripping, crying for their mamas.

lebron's still a piece of shit though

RedBlackAttack
02-01-2015, 06:53 PM
First of all, hes 22, he got BETTER and due to having LeBron on his team, his stats look like he didn't get better. If he wasn't playing with LeBron he would have even better stats. Plus, he almost didn't even make the AllStar game this season.
He is playing at an All-Star level. Whether or not he "almost didn't make the team" is inconsequential. That had more to do with the Cavs spending a portion of the first half in disarray, although Kyrie has been one of the lone consistent aspects.

Then, throw in Justin Bieber activating his throng of teenaged girls to vote a certain way and those are the reasons Kyrie isn't a starter. Whether he deserves to be is debatable, since there are guys in their mid-to-late 20s or early-30s, and playing at a high level that he was competing against for those spots. Kyrie is still just 22.

What isn't debatable is Kyrie's level of play, especially in games that LeBron plays and with the newly revamped lineup. The guy is shooting 55-percent from three in the last nine games.

I don't really need the numbers, though. Again I've been watching this guy since his first few games at Duke when it became obvious that he was a potential pick for the Cavs. I've watched every game he has played in the NBA.

He is having far and away his best season and his game actually elevates in games that LeBron James plays in. It allows Kyrie more freedom to curl off of screens, find his spots on the floor, get out in transition and spot-up.

They're a really excellent pairing.

kkb_12
02-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Irving is playing more minutes - per 36, this year is his worst so far for points / assists / rebounds.

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Irving is playing more minutes - per 36, this year is his worst so far for points / assists / rebounds.
Meh, we're talking about .5 pts, 1.2 assists, and .7 rebound difference per 36 but also shooting higher efficiency

Joyner82reload
02-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Probably because he's becoming a better NBA player? Seems like a natural progression, although he regressed from his 2nd->3rd season. Unless of course you believed he peaked as a player in year 2, I would assume his numbers are increasing because he's simply becoming a better NBA player.

AnaheimLakers24
02-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Kyrie is batman that whys. Notice bran stats went down? Hes robin

AnaheimLakers24
02-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Also why are fake heat fans concerned?

Richesly
02-01-2015, 07:55 PM
You serious, Clark?

In the 11 games BEFORE the 55 point outburst, Kyrie had averaged 24 points on 50/52/84 splits, 5.4 assists, 3.2 rebounds, 1.9 steals.

For the season up to that point, he had averaged 21+ points on 46/41/84 splits.

This has been probably the best overall development for the Cavs and the overhauled roster. I don't think a lot of people saw it coming, either.

The natural assumption was that Kyrie's usage would drop with LeBron on the team, he'd be handling the ball much less and his statistics would plummet, particularly his scoring.

Well, his usage percent has relatively plummeted... Down from 30.2 and 28.2 the last two years to 25.5 this year (easily a career low). And, if you take out the games that LeBron missed, he's hovering around 21.

However, not only is his efficiency the best of his career (57.4 TS%, 52.7 eFG%), he is actually averaging more points per game than last season (21.8 to 20.8) and he has the best assist-to-turnover ratio of his career.

Anyway you look at it, Kyrie is having a greater impact on games this season than at any other point in his career, especially when you factor in his quite solid defense so far. Most important of all, he's playing at this level alongside a dominating LeBron James.

There is no "taking turns" the way Wade and James did early on in the Miami experiment. These guys are both able to play at their most lethal offensively on the same court at the same time.

Everyone assumed LeBron and Love would fit together seamlessly and Kyrie would be the one searching for his game in this "Big Three." In truth, through a half a season, it has been James and Irving who seem like they were meant to play with one another while KLove has taken longer to adapt.

But, as a Cavs fan, the development of Kyrie and LeBron playing this well together signals potentially big things. I thought they'd be good together, but even I worried about what might happen if the ball drifted too far away from Kyrie for stretches. The good thing is that this has happened at times, but he is showing that he is very adept off the ball as well as on it.

All very good signs for the future of this team.

Really? As a cavs fan? Oh my god. A LeBron stan SHOULD NOT be a ****ing moderator.

This is sad.

coin24
02-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Because kyrie is the better option on offense. He's the cavs batman, there big di.ck alpha who takes over when needed..
LeBald is the pippen, the role a small di.ck beta is best suited to..

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Probably because he's becoming a better NBA player? Seems like a natural progression, although he regressed from his 2nd->3rd season. Unless of course you believed he peaked as a player in year 2, I would assume his numbers are increasing because he's simply becoming a better NBA player.
I'm not saying he didn't improve.. I'm just wondering why LeBron isn't bringing down his teammates stats like everyone claims he does... you know, turning all stars into spot up shooters?

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Really? As a cavs fan? Oh my god. A LeBron stan SHOULD NOT be a ****ing moderator.

This is sad.
What part of what he said comes across as biased? Seems like he's just pointing out facts, and pointing out what he's seen from the eye test.

Joyner82reload
02-01-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm not saying he didn't improve.. I'm just wondering why LeBron isn't bringing down his teammates stats like everyone claims he does... you know, turning all stars into spot up shooters?

Irving without LeBron James in 2014-15
28.2 ppg

Irving with LeBron James in 2014-15
20.5 ppg

Ya...about that

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Irving without LeBron James in 2014-15
28.2 ppg

Irving with LeBron James in 2014-15
20.5 ppg

Ya...about that
Obviously a player gets more FGA when they aren't playing with the best player in the world. But Kyrie is still putting up arguably his best numbers, but definitely his BEST OVERALL PLAY alongside LeBron.

And if you watched the games, you'd understand that Kyrie's game is better w/ Bron on the floor despite lower PPG when he's out

Cocaine80s
02-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Obviously a player gets more FGA when they aren't playing with the best player in the world. But Kyrie is still putting up arguably his best numbers, but definitely his BEST OVERALL PLAY alongside LeBron.

And if you watched the games, you'd understand that Kyrie's game is better w/ Bron on the floor despite lower PPG when he's out
The thing is Joyner doesnt even watch games of his favorite player. How could you expect him to watch a Cavs game? Dude just loves to look at stats and box scores :roll:

RedBlackAttack
02-01-2015, 11:21 PM

This is sad.
Can someone explain to me what is happening here? :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
02-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Can someone explain to me what is happening here? :oldlol:
Apparently he was mixing you up with xLebronxrings

He even made a thread saying "How long has RBA been a Cavs fan?" saying he thought you were a heat fan before

Roundball_Rock
02-02-2015, 10:23 AM

How much have Wade and Bosh's stats improved post-LeBron? They are up 3 ppg, similar in assists and rebounds and their efficiency has plummeted without LeBron. Chalmers has remained the same.

Just fyi 3ball, Pippen's best statistical seasons were the ones when Jordan retired.

Don't do that to 3ball! :D Not only Pippen--also Grant, Armstrong, Kerr, and Williams. Half the team had career years in 94'--and their efficiency improved as a group (among the players who were on both the 93' and 94' teams) to boot.

Blue&Orange
02-02-2015, 10:38 AM
This retard open the thread with stats, gets repeatedly owned because he is a retard that made a retarded thread, and ends up talking about the eye test.

Bandito
02-02-2015, 10:38 AM
This whole thread is so full of cringe. Why do I even bother.

Bandito
02-02-2015, 10:39 AM

This is sad.
Funny thing is he was a cavs fan longer than you been a Hawks fan :lol

edrick
02-02-2015, 10:47 AM

Why is a Lakers fan more concerned with everything that Lebron is doing? Dumb **** hater.

jlip
02-02-2015, 11:00 AM
To me it is totally insignificant what individual player stats look like with and without Lebron (or any other player for that matter). I look at the overall team stats. I saw an article the other day that said something on the order of the Cavs averaging ~102 ppg when Lebron plays, but only scored 100 points once in the 10 games that he missed.

AnaheimLakers24
02-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Kyrie is batman

Dragic4Life
02-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Kyrie is batman
Futile effort little boy.:oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
02-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Funny thing is he was a cavs fan longer than you been a Hawks fan :lol
Probably longer than he has been alive, actually.

FatComputerNerd
02-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Kyrie > Curry, and always has been.

rapker
02-02-2015, 03:48 PM
This retard open the thread with stats, gets repeatedly owned because he is a retard that made a retarded thread, and ends up talking about the eye test.

but but but bron stans always say numbers don't lie. stats are everything.... *only when it's in their favor* :roll: :roll: :roll:

Megabox!
02-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Same reason why inbred Laker shit stains like you are concerned with everything that has to do with Bron

SugarHill
02-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Same reason why inbred Laker shit stains like you are concerned with everything that has to do with Bron
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/list/000/581/911/c04.gif

Hey Yo
02-02-2015, 04:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B83dFoEIQAApHWK.png

GimmeThat
02-02-2015, 04:44 PM
It has something to do with the ability to move with AND without the ball, as well as the average number of assists by teams per game.

pegasus
02-02-2015, 05:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B83dFoEIQAApHWK.png
Damn! Well deserved:applause:

buddha
02-02-2015, 05:47 PM

why don't you take out all the games without LebRon while you are at it.

it's also funny how Kevin empty stats Love went from an MVP candidate, fantasy superstar to 17/10 and terrible fg%

JT123
02-02-2015, 05:50 PM
why don't you take out all the games without LebRon while you are at it.

it's also funny how Kevin empty stats Love went from an MVP candidate, fantasy superstar to 17/10 and terrible fg%
:biggums: Don't you have to make the playoffs to be an MVP candidate?

HiphopRelated
02-02-2015, 05:55 PM
How much have Wade and Bosh's stats improved post-LeBron? They are up 3 ppg, similar in assists and rebounds and their efficiency has plummeted without LeBron. Chalmers has remained the same.

Don't do that to 3ball! :D Not only Pippen--also Grant, Armstrong, Kerr, and Williams. Half the team had career years in 94'--and their efficiency improved as a group (among the players who were on both the 93' and 94' teams) to boot.
Efficiency plummeted? I assume Lebron is still shooting 57%?

JT123
02-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Efficiency plummeted? I assume Lebron is still shooting 57%?
Bron is shooting a better percentage than Wade and Bosh, and he's over 50 percent since recovering from his injuries. :pimp:

HiphopRelated
02-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Bron is shooting a better percentage than Wade and Bosh, and he's over 50 percent since recovering from his injuries. :pimp:
You answered a question that wasn't asked

FatComputerNerd
07-24-2016, 08:41 PM
Kyrie > Curry, and always has been.

:banana:

FultzNationRISE
01-16-2023, 11:17 AM

Interesting.....