PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Pete Carroll!

enayes
02-02-2015, 01:23 AM
Thank you Pete Carroll for allowing your Seahawks to throw the ball in that situation leading to the interception!

That play call allowed me to win $400 from my friend's Super Bowl Pool!

I had the 8-4 Pats box and after that ridiculous catch I thought I lost it.

Thank you Pete, thank you.

:cheers:

BurningHammer
02-02-2015, 01:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ruAea.jpg

dazzer87
02-02-2015, 01:27 AM
I had Seahawk 1-8....I wouldve won 500 from my pool....but it was worth it........:cheers:

enayes
02-02-2015, 01:31 AM
I had Seahawk 1-8....I wouldve won 500 from my pool....but it was worth it........:cheers:

Pats fan? :D

bagelred
02-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Right play call, but terrible result.

Here is article explaining it:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-head-coach-botched-the-end-of-the-super-bowl-and-it-wasnt-pete-carroll/

If Carroll doesn't pass there, Hawks have to use a timeout and then only one more shot in the end zone. By passing, they got 3 shots in endzone. No one has ever thrown an interception at 1 yard line all season...until THAT play.

Good call....horrible result.

~primetime~
02-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Right play call, but terrible result.

Here is article explaining it:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-head-coach-botched-the-end-of-the-super-bowl-and-it-wasnt-pete-carroll/

If Carroll doesn't pass there, Hawks have to use a timeout and then only one more shot in the end zone. By passing, they got 3 shots in endzone. No one has ever thrown an interception at 1 yard line all season...until THAT play.

Good call....horrible result.
they needed to run clock anyway :facepalm

~primetime~
02-02-2015, 05:36 PM
worst play call in the history of the NFL

bagelred
02-02-2015, 05:48 PM
they needed to run clock anyway :facepalm

They can't run clock. They can't assume they are going to score. They have to make sure they have all three downs in case they miss first two times. That's why they passed on 2nd down. If they miss, they can then run Lynch TWICE on 3rd and 4th down.

Again, it wasn't a bad decision, just an absolute awful result.

Practice?
02-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Brutally bad call. Lynch could have easily got that and they had a couple of attempts to try it.

ace23
02-02-2015, 05:55 PM
They can't run clock. They can't assume they are going to score. They have to make sure they have all three downs in case they miss first two times. That's why they passed on 2nd down. If they miss, they can then run Lynch TWICE on 3rd and 4th down.

Yeah, or you could have run on 2nd down, called timeout, passed on 3rd and run again on 4th. He called a pass there because of the Pats' personnel on the field, but they could have run the ball. But I do agree that it was a good play call. The pass was essentially a throwaway play since he didn't want to run at their goal line guys if I'm reading this correctly.

~primetime~
02-02-2015, 05:57 PM

They lose if they don't score a TD no matter what...ideal situation would have been score a TD and leave no time on the clock.

there was no reason for them to want to conserve time...furthermore they have one of the best goal line RBs in the game.

It was an a horrendous decision...

enayes
02-02-2015, 06:45 PM
couldn't they have just had Lynch run the ball 3x?

on 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

AlphaWolf24
02-02-2015, 06:58 PM
I don't mind a pass in that situation....but a pick play? up the middle?

why not throw a fade to that tall receiver who was murking Pat's corners all game??

at least it's not as risky...:confusedshrug:

2nd down pass play on the goal line is good....just not a pick play.

anyways before Pete Carroll came to seattle they were best known for "THE BOZ" getting run over by Bo Jackson...

Carroll is a amazing coach and help turn that team into Champions with back 2 back SB's and a alltime legendary defense....

He did the same thing at USC....just a great Motivator and great coach!