PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know What Happens When Microsoft Office Trial/Subscription Expires?

T_L_P
02-03-2015, 05:39 PM
I bought a new laptop for Christmas. The trial ran out a few days ago and yet I can still use Word/Excel/Powerpoint etc fine. A pop-up appears whenever I open one of the applications saying the trial has expired, but I can just click off it and resume what I'm doing.

I looked online and apparently the software should deactivate when the subscription ends.

Kind of weird. I'll find a version of it online if it goes out but I'm wondering if this is an anomaly?

chosen_one6
02-03-2015, 08:32 PM
I bought a new laptop for Christmas. The trial ran out a few days ago and yet I can still use Word/Excel/Powerpoint etc fine. A pop-up appears whenever I open one of the applications saying the trial has expired, but I can just click off it and resume what I'm doing.

I looked online and apparently the software should deactivate when the subscription ends.

Kind of weird. I'll find a version of it online if it goes out but I'm wondering if this is an anomaly?

It will still let you use the application but you won't be able to save anything.

Just download the Office package.

Draz
02-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Open office. It's the best alternative to word and it's free.

navy
02-03-2015, 09:23 PM
You're fine as long as you dont want extra features.

BurningHammer
02-03-2015, 11:15 PM
Also LibreOffice. Not as good as OpenOffice but it is getting there.

LongLiveTheKing
02-03-2015, 11:18 PM
If you're a college student you can get it for free. I got all of office free it was a simple process.