PDA

View Full Version : How can Steph Curry win the MVP??

Marv_Albert
02-03-2015, 07:38 PM
If Klay Thompson has been the best player on the team and any given night one or 2 players can go off for a career night. I mean there is no MVP in this team they all play as hard as each other.

Lebron is hardly even talked about and the dude is like .4 off being the leading scorer in the league and has just about as many assists as curry, and gets more boards along with his FG%

No other dude has had an impact for his team being out and coming back than Lebron has, look at them now after the return from that 2 week break, the dude is insane and definately deserves his MVP status back hands down. how do people not agree and don't even put him in top 3 for the race?

If he gets this team to at least #2 #3 in east after the record they did have he has to get it, plus if this streak continues.

Lebronxrings
02-03-2015, 11:01 PM
agreed. Without lebron the cavs are knicks level. Can't say the same for curry..

SugarHill
02-03-2015, 11:05 PM
How the fvck is Klay the best player?

Droid101
02-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Lebron is hardly even talked about and the dude is like .4 off being the leading scorer in the league and has just about as many assists as curry, and gets more boards along with his FG%

Everything you said was pretty retarded, but this particularly stuck out.

Curry and LeBron have equivalent FG% with Curry shooting wayyy more threes.

You are an uninformed, shit-swilling, irrelevant, stupid-ass, ****bag troll.

SpecialQue
02-03-2015, 11:19 PM
I don't know. How?

Or is this not a riddle?

Jyap9675
02-03-2015, 11:31 PM
I love Curry but I just can't see him as MVP. It seems like even without Curry, GSW can still function relatively well.

24-Inch_Chrome
02-03-2015, 11:32 PM
C'mon, it's shit like this that gives LeBron fans a bad name. Kinda like what hawkfan does for Atlanta's fanbase.

Bobcats2013
02-03-2015, 11:52 PM
I love Curry but I just can't see him as MVP. It seems like even without Curry, GSW can still function relatively well.

No they can't.

konex
02-03-2015, 11:54 PM
If Nash can win 2 with Amare on his team, Steph deserves it if GS has the #1 overall record

k0kakw0rld
02-03-2015, 11:59 PM
How the fvck is Klay the best player?
23 ppg, can guard 3 positions effectively and defends the best perimeter players.

konex
02-04-2015, 12:02 AM
23 ppg, can guard 3 positions effectively and defends the best perimeter players.

Take Curry off the team and his averages go way down

All Net
02-04-2015, 12:03 AM
Try watching the games. .

RoseCity07
02-04-2015, 12:17 AM
If we're being real Lebron is the clear cut MVP right now. He makes Cleveland so much better than any other player does for their team.

JT123
02-04-2015, 12:25 AM
If we're being real Lebron is the clear cut MVP right now. He makes Cleveland so much better than any other player does for their team.
Exactly. If any other player was putting up his averages and had completely turned around a franchise the way Lerbron has for Cleveland this year they would be top 2 in the MVP conversation at worst. Lebron has just become a victim of his own greatness, to the point where he is held to higher standards than any player in NBA history.

SamuraiSWISH
02-04-2015, 12:26 AM
I don't know. He plays on the most stacked offensive / defensive team in the league. His back court mate isn't all that far off in terms of quality from him given the impact he has defensively. I honestly think LeBron is making the best overall, all around case, even if it's the most lack luster defensive regular season he's had since 2007.

Heavincent
02-04-2015, 01:32 AM
Best player on the best team. Period.

Marv_Albert
02-04-2015, 03:13 PM

This is exactly what i'm saying... and what about the Cavs WITHOUT lebron?

What ever happened to the MVP meaning MOST VALUABLE PLAYER? not pick one person with the best record in the league. Hell why not give it to Jeff Teague then over curry? that's what some of you are trying to say it is.

Lebron has singehandly come in here and taken over a franchise that was gonna be lucky to even make the playoffs, and now legitimate contenders on a 11 game winning streak right now.

SexSymbol
02-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Curry is the MVP by far, he has great stats and plays like 30 mpg on a team with 2nd overall record

Leroy Jetson
02-04-2015, 04:18 PM
If only Lebron had a top player on his team like Klay, but he doesn't, so I guess he deserves the MVP more.

Leroy Jetson
02-04-2015, 04:20 PM

What ever happened to the MVP meaning MOST VALUABLE PLAYER? not pick one person with the best record in the league. Hell why not give it to Jeff Teague then over curry? that's what some of you are trying to say it is.

Lebron has singehandly come in here and taken over a franchise that was gonna be lucky to even make the playoffs, and now legitimate contenders on a 11 game winning streak right now.

By your logic Cousins should be MVP, Kings are horrible without him.

Magic 32
02-04-2015, 04:23 PM

Lebron will never win the MVP again. Ever.

BigMacAttack
02-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Why does Curry get knocked for having Klay but Lebron doesnt for having Kyrie and Love? Kyrie just dropped 50.

Lebronxrings
02-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Why does Curry get knocked for having Klay but Lebron doesnt for having Kyrie and Love? Kyrie just dropped 50.
record without lebron? Love isn't an all star. Curry has klay and 2 DPOYs along with a pop mimic system.

JT123
02-04-2015, 05:58 PM
record without lebron? Love isn't an all star. Curry has klay and 2 DPOYs along with a pop mimic system.
Ether

Practice?
02-04-2015, 06:02 PM
If Klay Thompson has been the best player on the team and any given night one or 2 players can go off for a career night. I mean there is no MVP in this team they all play as hard as each other.

The same way LeBron competed for MVP with Wade on his team.

SexSymbol
02-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Take off that avatar, I'm confusing you with an actually respectable poster

YouGotServed
02-04-2015, 07:41 PM

That's not what MVP means. Atta boy, doe. :applause:

Repped for the effort.

SexSymbol
02-04-2015, 07:46 PM
That's not what MVP means. Atta boy, doe. :applause:

Repped for the effort.
But Curry's been a top3 player in the league, and the other two's teams have significantly worse records.
Now if we consider LeBron top 3 this year and it's logical, given that Davis has missed even more time than Bron, LeBron is still playing on a team that's currently not in the top 10, so no argument there.
Harden is the only legitimate opponent then Curry, but obviously Steph's the better player and has a much better team record. Harden has the stats tho, so the less-knowing bball fans may have him as a MVP

I<3NBA
02-04-2015, 08:47 PM
umm, so that would be who on Atlanta exactly?

LiLharvard
02-04-2015, 08:51 PM
consistently the best player on the best team .. does random shit like lead the league in steals?? Also a defensive beast.

Practice?
02-05-2015, 11:04 AM

Everybody knows Love is all-star talent. Just last year many claimed him to be the best PF in the NBA. If LeBron stifles such a player, that does not make LeBron very valuable.

jbryan1984
02-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Honestly I say curry is the mvp. If rose can get it he sure can. Dude has proved he is elite in my eyes.

Droid101
02-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Everybody knows Love is all-star talent. Just last year many claimed him to be the best PF in the NBA. If LeBron stifles such a player, that does not make LeBron very valuable.
bran stans change their tunes quick when it helps their agenda.

Here's a bran stan on Kevin Love before he was on the Cavs.

KEVIN LOVE

26.0 ppg
13.3 rpg
2.0 apg
0.8 spg
0.5 bpg
PER 25.4
EFF +28.33
Best game this season: 51 pts @ 59% FG, 14 rbs and many many more

KEVIN DURANT

27.8 ppg
7.9 rpg
3.5 apg
1.4 spg
1.2 bpg
PER 26.5
EFF +27.32
Best game this season: 51 pts @ 68% FG

Its pretty damn arguable.......... and i dont care about your team success excuses... Kevin Love has not even close to the supporting cast Durant has...

ClipperRevival
02-05-2015, 03:24 PM
If the season ended today, Curry is the MVP. But if LeBron balls out the remainder of the season and the Cavs win most of their remaining games, the MVP race could be very interesting by the end of the season.