PDA

View Full Version : Kenneth Faried 0 for 6; 0 point...smh...D-Leaguer?

k0kakw0rld
02-03-2015, 10:29 PM
:confusedshrug: Dude is garbage, the whole world was expecting him to do some damage this year. All hype, no game whatsoever.

Genaro
02-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Already got paid, nothing to worry now

RoundMoundOfReb
02-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Is he good? Can the Cavs get him?

navy
02-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Got payed. Quit trying.

buddha
02-03-2015, 10:34 PM
he can dunk and rebound, can't do much else.

DukeDelonte13
02-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Is he good? Can the Cavs get him?

eh, i'd probably rather have thompson. You generally want your hustle-rebound guys to play defense.

BlazerRed
02-03-2015, 10:42 PM
:confusedshrug: Dude is garbage, the whole world was expecting him to do some damage this year. All hype, no game whatsoever.
Huh? Who expected him to do damage? I feel his hype year was his first year or two and since he's just been very average. I certainly didn't expect anything big from him this year.

k0kakw0rld
02-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Huh? Who expected him to do damage? I feel his hype year was his first year or two and since he's just been very average. I certainly didn't expect anything big from him this year.
After the FIBA cup?

BlazerRed
02-03-2015, 10:51 PM
After the FIBA cup?
Pssh I don't watch that shit :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
02-03-2015, 10:56 PM
He's been a huge disappointment this year. Guys coming off a summer with Team USA usually take a big step forward so it's weird that he hasn't especially considering how well he did.

navy
02-03-2015, 10:58 PM
He's been a huge disappointment this year. Guys coming off a summer with Team USA usually take a big step forward so it's weird that he hasn't especially considering how well he did.
FIBA was a joke this year...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-03-2015, 11:02 PM
Got payed. Quit trying.
Paid.

Brian Shaw's been spectacularly awful, as Denver has plenty of pieces to be a contender. Faried is both lazy and underutilized. Bad combo.

hawksdogsbraves
02-03-2015, 11:03 PM
FIBA was a joke this year...

That's true but he looked like a top 3 player on that team. I guess you could see how his high energy game would work better against a bunch of Euro stiffs than it does against the bigger athletes he goes head to head with over here though.

Droid101
02-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Got payed. Quit trying.
Guaranteed contracts. You win some, you lose some. See: Jerome James.

NugzFan
02-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Lol OP

I guess when faried has a 20-10 game we can make a thread calling him an all star.

Oh it doesn't work that way?

SamuraiSWISH
02-04-2015, 12:42 AM
He was in beast mode during FIBA.

gts
02-04-2015, 01:25 AM
Faried is a high energy guy.. doesn't take much to knock him off his game, even a somewhat minor injury or fatigue is going to show up in his box score

he as big games and bad games, not uncommon for a player who plays that style of BBall

NuggetsFan
02-04-2015, 02:17 AM
Paid.

Brian Shaw's been spectacularly awful, as Denver has plenty of pieces to be a contender. Faried is both lazy and underutilized. Bad combo.

Lazy? You might be the only person who has ever watched Faried play to say that. That's like literally the only thing he isn't. You can pretty much criticize any part of his game outside his effort :oldlol:

For the record Faried was sick and missed the previous game and only played 19 minutes tonight and wasn't himself. Faried had a pretty crazy finish to last season & FIBA so he's been disappointing this year without question. Especially after getting paid. Still averaging 12/9 and probably will hover around those types of numbers for his career, so not a "d-leaguer" just because he isn't an All-Star or superstar. Brian Shaw isn't helping anybody either.

coin24
02-04-2015, 02:19 AM
Err who expected anything significant from faried?:lol :lol

NuggetsFan
02-04-2015, 02:26 AM
Err who expected anything significant from faried?:lol :lol

He averaged 19/10 in 31 games after the All-Star break last year on 55% shooting. He's improved every year he's been in the league. Averaged close to 14/9 last season.

Guess it depends what you define as significant. He was never going to be a superstar if that's all that matters. I think alot of people finally saw him getting 30-32 minutes a game and improving on his last season which would have been like 15-16/10-11 boards which imo is pretty significant. He's took a step back if anything which I don't think people expected.

coin24
02-04-2015, 02:28 AM
He averaged 19/10 in 31 games after the All-Star break last year on 55% shooting. He's improved every year he's been in the league. Averaged close to 14/9 last season.

Guess it depends what you define as significant. He was never going to be a superstar if that's all that matters. I think alot of people finally saw him getting 30-32 minutes a game and improving on his last season which would have been like 15-16/10-11 boards which imo is pretty significant. He's took a step back if anything which I don't think people expected.

I expect maybe 12/10 from him. High energy hustle guy, put backs and dunks etc.. Definitely nothing close to a superstar

NuggetsFan
02-04-2015, 02:32 AM
I expect maybe 12/10 from him. High energy hustle guy, put backs and dunks etc.. Definitely nothing close to a superstar

Well he beat your expectations last year, so I think some had seen him improving on that. Which wasn't absurd given what he did the final 35 games of the season.

Nope. Nothing close to a superstar, or even an All-Star really. More to basketball and teams than those two things tho and had Faried built on what he did last season that's a 15/10 type player. Hustle guy yeah but pretty significant I think. Given Denver's struggles I think it's fair to say Faried been abit of a disappointment. Shaw isn't helping him any tho.

coin24
02-04-2015, 02:56 AM
Well he beat your expectations last year, so I think some had seen him improving on that. Which wasn't absurd given what he did the final 35 games of the season.

Nope. Nothing close to a superstar, or even an All-Star really. More to basketball and teams than those two things tho and had Faried built on what he did last season that's a 15/10 type player. Hustle guy yeah but pretty significant I think. Given Denver's struggles I think it's fair to say Faried been abit of a disappointment. Shaw isn't helping him any tho.

Yeah whats going on with the nuggets? Tanking now?

I expected a lot more from shaw tbh. I know they have had a few injuries but even when healthy it's a strange mix of talent.

KNOW1EDGE
02-04-2015, 03:24 AM
Who ever expected him to do anything more than grab some rebounds had the wrong idea about him...

MiseryCityTexas
02-04-2015, 04:11 AM
Yeah they should give him some D-League time, cause I've even seen D-Mo beast on this overrated player in the post. Faried's not as good on defense as I thought.

Magic731
02-04-2015, 05:31 AM
Paid.

Surely you don't mean contender for the NBA title?

kurple
02-04-2015, 07:42 AM
faried is what he's always been. He was never gonna average 20ppg

but he isnt a good fit in shaws "system", if you can even call it that.

kurple
02-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Yeah they should give him some D-League time, cause I've even seen D-Mo beast on this overrated player in the post. Faried's not as good on defense as I thought.
what made you think he was a good defender?

Practice?
02-04-2015, 11:53 AM

He is having an off year, and an extra off game does not make him a d-leaguer.