PDA

View Full Version : OGT Feb 4: Nets (19-28) @ Raptors (33-16)

Legends66NBA7
02-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Game Preview: http://www.nba.com/games/20150204/BKNTOR/gameinfo.html?ls=slt

The Toronto Raptors managed to keep a long winning streak going this past weekend despite blowing a pair of double-digit leads, but they couldn't overcome one of their worst offensive performances as the run came to an end.

The Raptors will try to get back on track Wednesday night against a Brooklyn Nets team they recently defeated and that's struggled to contain opponents lately.

Toronto (33-16) couldn't hold on to a 17-point lead in Brooklyn on Friday but came away with a 127-122 overtime victory. The Raptors then fumbled away an 18-point advantage at Washington the next night before posting another OT win, 120-116.

They had a chance at their first seven-game win streak in 13 seasons in Monday's opener to a five-game homestand but lost 82-75 to Milwaukee. Toronto scored its fewest points at home since a 93-75 loss to Philadelphia on April 11, 2012, and its 32.1 percent shooting was its worst there this season.

That led to a terse postgame from leading scorer Kyle Lowry, who responded to questions with "had a bad game" after finishing with two points and five assists. Lowry, averaging 19.0 points, scored 23 against Washington.

"That was a stinker," said coach Dwane Casey, whose team is 18-8 at home. "We didn't have any energy for whatever reason."

After five games in seven days, the Raptors are getting a brief break before facing one of their Atlantic Division rivals. Brooklyn (19-28) enters having let six straight opponents reach 100 points for the first time in three seasons.

The Nets have allowed an average of 111.8 points over that span but snapped a four-game skid Monday with a 102-100 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers. Jarrett Jack hit the go-ahead shot with 1.3 seconds left to complete his team's rally from a nine-point deficit in the final 1:35.

"It's gratifying, I think, to go through the bumps and the bruises and then to kind of get off the schneid in the fashion that we did against a really special team," Jack said.

Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson combined for 46 points, while Deron Williams scored 15 in his first game after missing 11 straight because of fractured cartilage in his rib.

Williams missed 10 of 15 shots and finished with 11 points in his only game against Toronto this season, a 105-89 loss Dec. 17. That was the teams' first meeting in Toronto since Brooklyn's Game 7 win in the opening round of last year's playoffs.

Lowry had 20 points and 12 assists in the latest visit from the Nets but scored 10 on 4-of-17 shooting Friday. DeMar DeRozan, Amir Johnson and Lou Williams each provided at least 24 points in Brooklyn.

Jack scored a career-best 35 points while Lopez had a season-high 35 and 12 rebounds in last week's meeting.

Brooklyn will be trying to avoid losing four straight away from home for the first time since Dec. 13-31, 2013. Including a pair of postseason series, the Nets have dropped 14 of their last 21 in Toronto.

BurningHammer
02-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Nice hat, Mo. :pimp:

Legends66NBA7
02-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Drake in the building. :oldlol:

Amazing, considering there's a rift between and the franchise.

SugarHill
02-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Drake in the building. :oldlol:

Amazing, considering there's a rift between and the franchise.
Why did he lowkey bounce? :roll:

Legends66NBA7
02-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Why did he lowkey bounce? :roll:

Because the gold jersey wasn't going to be permanent. It was his idea and he didn't like the fact they were just going to use it as an alternate only.

SugarHill
02-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Because the gold jersey wasn't going to be permanent. It was his idea and he didn't like the fact they were just going to use it as an alternate only.
what a fgt :kobe:

good riddance :bowdown:

Kungfro
02-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Looked like Hansbrough was holding Lopez's arm on that, I can see how he can get under players skin with dirty tricks like that.

It's A VC3!!!
02-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Nets playing well enough to win but the defense needs to tighten up. Also, hopefully we can play well enough in the second half to win. Don't want to lay an egg in the second half. Need to start making some threes.

It's A VC3!!!
02-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Oh, DeMar is starting to hit these ugly-ass lucky shots again.:facepalm

It's A VC3!!!
02-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Even at the Nets advanced age compared to the young Raptors they have still made every game vs the Raptors a close contest. The problem has been the fourth quarters and late game collapses. Let's hope these idiots don't have another end-game collapse.

niko
02-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Refereeing has been comical. Plumlee just smacked the rim and it's not a goaltend?

Kungfro
02-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Raptors defense has been so broken this year. This is twice in a row now Jack has torched the Raps. 7th last year in defensive rating, 21st this season.

Lexington Steel
02-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Lou Williams is such a fcking bum. 2/22 FG in his last two games. :facepalm

This Somalian is killing my fantasy team.

Kungfro
02-04-2015, 10:52 PM
DeMar :facepalm

Kungfro
02-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Well at least we get to see a little bit of Caboclo.

It's A VC3!!!
02-04-2015, 10:55 PM
Refereeing has been comical. Plumlee just smacked the rim and it's not a goaltend?
When a fan of neither the Nets or Raptors complains about calls in this game I just :facepalm

Calls were fine and didn't decide this game at all.

niko
02-04-2015, 11:04 PM
When a fan of neither the Nets or Raptors complains about calls in this game I just :facepalm

Calls were fine and didn't decide this game at all.
Refereeing was horrendous. It didn't decide the game but take off your Nets panties. The Jack leaping into someone (for the 2nd time) was followed by Deron getting a foul call when Plumlee hit Derozan (explain that) then Plumlee grabbed the rim and the refs explained to that psycho Hansborough that it was ok. Somehow. Didn't matter.

arshu muker ‏@Team_curlyhair 15m15 minutes ago
Here we are again

raptors-90 nets/refs -105

#WHATHAPPENED
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
Kyle Ross ‏@kylerossco 29m29 minutes ago
There's something about the refs when the raptors play the nets
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
naheeda shariff ‏@naheedzzz 34m34 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Idk what's happening with these refs. I can't even right now #Raptors #Nets
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More
Rammy ‏@SekacMeIfYouCan 36m36 minutes ago
How much did the Brooklyn Nets paid the refs tonight?
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
Samuel Thom ‏@SamuelThom5 46m46 minutes ago

The refs have been VERY poor for this Raptors/Nets game! But you can't blame the refs you got to play much better #RTZ #NBA

Do you want more? There's tons.

It's A VC3!!!
02-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Refereeing was horrendous. It didn't decide the game but take off your Nets panties. The Jack leaping into someone (for the 2nd time) was followed by Deron getting a foul call when Plumlee hit Derozan (explain that) then Plumlee grabbed the rim and the refs explained to that psycho Hansborough that it was ok. Somehow. Didn't matter.

arshu muker ‏@Team_curlyhair 15m15 minutes ago
Here we are again

raptors-90 nets/refs -105

#WHATHAPPENED
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
Kyle Ross ‏@kylerossco 29m29 minutes ago
There's something about the refs when the raptors play the nets
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
naheeda shariff ‏@naheedzzz 34m34 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Idk what's happening with these refs. I can't even right now #Raptors #Nets
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More
Rammy ‏@SekacMeIfYouCan 36m36 minutes ago
How much did the Brooklyn Nets paid the refs tonight?
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
Samuel Thom ‏@SamuelThom5 46m46 minutes ago

The refs have been VERY poor for this Raptors/Nets game! But you can't blame the refs you got to play much better #RTZ #NBA

Do you want more? There's tons.

wish people would look at numbers more. in the end the nets only took five more free throws than the raptors. and really it should be tied the difference is in the technical free throws and flagrant free throws. anyways, don't care - my team won and i'm going to sleep.

kidd2dwill
02-04-2015, 11:25 PM
we won 2 in a row, amazing

It's A VC3!!!
02-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Lol at the raptors Twitter message: "extinct? Nah, were still here. While they proceed to post a picture of the standings. That's the inexperience showing its face right there. Neys should really be 2-1 this season vs the much younger Raptors but if we can even the series that's good enough. Nets lost too many bad and close games. They need a serious run and I think 6th is the best they can get but 7th would be good too, just not 8th.

Sakkreth
02-05-2015, 09:02 AM
wish people would look at numbers more. in the end the nets only took five more free throws than the raptors. and really it should be tied the difference is in the technical free throws and flagrant free throws. anyways, don't care - my team won and i'm going to sleep.

This argument is so fcking stupid, you don't get free throws for shooting jumpers. Looking at numbers to decide if refereeing was fair... ??? Need to find that thread "dumbest stuff posted on ish" or smt like that.

Velocirap31
02-05-2015, 09:59 AM
The refs favor the Nets heavily when they play the Raptors. I don't know why, but it's more than obvious every time.

Nets fan 93
02-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Lol you're gonna post people's reaction on Twitter? If the nets lost you woulda seen a whole bunch too. Please....

kwajo
02-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Raptors look like shit these days, something has to change, they don't even look interested in competing hard anymore.

It's A VC3!!!
02-05-2015, 03:41 PM
How are the raptors going to get any calls when they shot 30 threes last night?
If they want calls they should attack the basket, not hoist threes.