PDA

View Full Version : Shane Battier "Kobe's the greatest player I ever played against"

christian1923
02-04-2015, 10:45 PM
"Nothing better then trying to stop the worlds greatest"

Lebron stans ain't gonna be happy to hear that.

And he was lebrons teammate at one point too:eek:

Said it during the Bulls Rockets Broadcast.

G0ATbe
02-04-2015, 10:48 PM
:applause: No surprise here.

masonanddixon
02-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Doesn't everyone say this? Lebron's not a great one-on-one player.

Breezy
02-04-2015, 10:50 PM
"I could average 60-70 ppg in todays league" - Wilt Chamberlain

What NBA players say< Charles Manson Testimony in court

TheMarkMadsen
02-04-2015, 10:50 PM
Shane Battier has obviously never heard of PER, W/S per 48, ALTM, DMRC, and other great stats

somebody tell this loser to spend less time actually playing the game and more time using his calculator

Im so nba'd out
02-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Doesn't everyone say this? Lebron's not a great one-on-one player.
I have no problem with shane ranking kobe as the best he ever played but please ban this poster for saying something so stupid...

Shane Battier has obviously never heard of PER, W/S per 48, ALTM, DMRC, and other great stats

somebody tell this loser to spend less time actually playing the game and more time using his calculator
:oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
02-04-2015, 10:51 PM
"I could average 60-70 ppg in todays league" - Wilt Chamberlain

What NBA players say< Charles Manson Testimony in court

great comparison

because some delusional old man trying to prop himself up is the same as somebody who retired last year giving props to another player

masonanddixon
02-04-2015, 10:53 PM
I have no problem with shane ranking kobe as the best he ever played but please ban this poster for saying something so stupid...

:oldlol:

lol watch basketball, son. He's an 'in the flow of the offense' guy, he's not a guy who can create his own shot from scratch. Never has been and never will be because he doesn't have the footwork nor fundamentals.

christian1923
:applause: No surprise here.
He could have easily been bias for his buddy lebron, but he kept it real :applause:

plowking
great comparison

because some delusional old man trying to prop himself up is the same as somebody who retired last year giving props to another player

There have been plenty of other people to prop Wilt up yet you tear down their opinion too.

rlsmooth775
02-04-2015, 10:54 PM
lol watch basketball, son. He's an 'in the flow of the offense' guy, he's not a guy who can create his own shot from scratch. Never has been and never will be because he doesn't have the footwork nor fundamentals.

I bet you think kobe is a better 3 point shooter than lebron to.

AirBourne92
02-04-2015, 10:54 PM
not really a surprise here.

a lot of fans will disagree and start pointing out stats to disqualify kobe.

but in terms of basketball, the guy is literally "brilliant"

kobe is a mastermind on the court, with or without the ball, a true disciple of the game.

SpecialQue
02-04-2015, 10:55 PM
Spurs fans be all like http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1673453/duncanmiss.gif

masonanddixon

I'm just saying that their style of play is completely different.

gts

somebody tell this loser to spend less time actually playing the game and more time using his calculator:lol

HOoopCityJones
02-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Spurs fans be all like http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1673453/duncanmiss.gif

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/shocked-will-smith.gif

AirBourne92
02-04-2015, 10:58 PM

actually, in terms of "pure shooting" kobe is a better shooter than lebron, who has no doubt make great improvements in jump shooting.

kobe just takes shots that don't have high percentages.

he is also more prone to be put in positions to shoot with less chances of making it (shot clock running out, or end of the game over double coverage)

JohnFreeman
02-04-2015, 10:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzQtcKUNZjg

HOoopCityJones
02-04-2015, 11:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzQtcKUNZjg

http://youtu.be/m7QZaZJu2yM

TheMarkMadsen
02-04-2015, 11:02 PM
There have been plenty of other people to prop Wilt up yet you tear down their opinion too.

keep making shit up

JohnFreeman
02-04-2015, 11:03 PM
battier wasn't on the Kings?

rlsmooth775
02-04-2015, 11:04 PM
actually, in terms of "pure shooting" kobe is a better shooter than lebron, who has no doubt make great improvements in jump shooting.

kobe just takes shots that don't have high percentages.

he is also more prone to be put in positions to shoot with less chances of making it (shot clock running out, or end of the game over double coverage)

Lebron takes those all the time more than kobe actually. Lebron is a better 3 point shooter get over it.

TheMarkMadsen
02-04-2015, 11:05 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2036771/kobe-over-battier-o.gif

HOoopCityJones
02-04-2015, 11:06 PM
battier wasn't on the Kings?

Kobe's torched Battier many times, why bother? :confusedshrug:

christian1923
Lebron takes those all the time more than kobe actually. Lebron is a better 3 point shooter get over it.
:biggums:

AirBourne92

yeah but is balanced more than kobe when pullin up and has a lot more single coverage.

lebron isn't a better shooter at all, if he decided to pull up j's off the dribble like kobe, his fg% would be destroyed at the volume of 3's he takes

Megabox!
Salty

JohnFreeman
02-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Kobe's torched Battier many times, why bother? :confusedshrug:
What?

rlsmooth775
02-04-2015, 11:12 PM
yeah but is balanced more than kobe when pullin up and has a lot more single coverage.

lebron isn't a better shooter at all, if he decided to pull up j's off the dribble like kobe, his fg% would be destroyed at the volume of 3's he takes

Kobe is terrible at those shots and a below average 3 point shooter

pauk
02-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Lebron is just the obvious choice, he is just trying to pay his dues to Kobe as he is nearing retirement..... im sure he probably had a tougher time trying to defend prime T-Mac, Durant & maybe even Wade...

TheMarkMadsen
02-04-2015, 11:16 PM
What?

"He's the greatest competitor I've played against, oh yeah, hands down, the greatest competitor I've played against in all my years," said Battier, currently in his 13th season. "Some of my best memories are of playing against him, guarding him. He put some big numbers on my head. But I will miss playing him more than any other player in the league."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-12-21/sports/sfl-ira-nba-column-s122213_1_kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-phil-jackson

Kobe has dropped 50 points on Battier multiple times

christian1923
02-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Lebron is just the obvious choice, he is just trying to pay his dues to Kobe as he is nearing retirement..... im sure he probably had a tougher time trying to defend prime T-Mac, Durant & maybe even Wade...
Or maybe kobe was just the greatest player he ever played against.

AirBourne92
02-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Kobe is terrible at those shots and a below average 3 point shooter

whatever you say man.

it's a shame you enjoy reading stats more than watching the game

rlsmooth775
02-04-2015, 11:18 PM
whatever you say man.

it's a shame you enjoy reading stats more than watching the game

Kobe is a marginal 3 point shooter prove me wrong with facts.

TheMarkMadsen
02-04-2015, 11:19 PM

so why has Battier been saying this for years now?

stay in denial, why would Battier feel the need to "pay his dues" to Kobe during some random game when he's already been signing Kobe's praises for years now

christian1923
02-04-2015, 11:19 PM
If you need a big three to tie the game who better to have then kobe? Certainly not lebron

Rake2204
02-04-2015, 11:21 PM
This is my one and only time I can ever use personal testimony when discussing an NBA player but... Shane Battier worked my brother's basketball camp during the lockout and I remember someone asking him who was tougher to guard at that time between Kobe Bryant and LeBron James (he was a free agent, would later sign with the Heat). He thought about for a moment briefly then said James.

That said, there could be a difference between "tougher to guard" and "greatest player I ever played against". Also, that was years ago, so things could have changed. Or maybe he just goes back and forth.

rlsmooth775
02-04-2015, 11:21 PM
If you need a big three to tie the game who better to have then kobe? Certainly not lebron

Lebron is more clutch than kobe, stats prove it I have facts.

navy
02-04-2015, 11:24 PM
This is my one and only time I can ever use personal testimony when discussing an NBA player but... Shane Battier worked my brother's basketball camp during the lockout and I remember someone asking him who was tougher to guard at that time between Kobe Bryant and LeBron James (he was a free agent, would later sign with the Heat). He thought about for a moment then briefly said James.

That said, there could be a difference between "tougher to guard" and "greatest player I ever played against". Also, that was years ago, so things could have changed. Or maybe he just goes back and forth.
Lies. :coleman:

In reality nobody should care. NBA players say alot of things in the spur of the moment .

pauk
so why has Battier been saying this for years now?

stay in denial, why would Battier feel the need to "pay his dues" to Kobe during some random game when he's already been signing Kobe's praises for years now

Or maybe kobe was just the greatest player he ever played against.

Its his opinion, just like any random poster here has an opinion, just like any random player has an opinion, just like say Pippen has the opinion of Lebron > Jordan....

Unlike T-Mac, Durant, Wade & Lebron Battier had to defend Kobe MANY more games.... so i can see his point, Kobe has indeed caused him more nightmares...

AirBourne92

well the issue isn't "presenting facts"

the problem is that you have this strange idea that box score stats prove your point

kinda ironic how the mavs "dared" lebron to shoot jumpers in the finals

im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and not think you are legit that brainwashed

you are just butt hurt that shane picked kobe and want to cherry pick around to detract kobe. simple

navy
02-04-2015, 11:25 PM
"Nothing better then trying to stop the worlds greatest"

Lebron stans ain't gonna be happy to hear that.

And he was lebrons teammate at one point too:eek:

Said it during the Bulls Rockets Broadcast.
Did he say both or did you change the quote? Just curious.

Lebronxrings
02-04-2015, 11:26 PM
i don't think hes counting lebron since he played with him in his last twilight years of his career. He probably thinks of lebron as a brother whom his on his team and not an opposition.

christian1923
02-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Did he say both or did you change the quote? Just curious.
He said both

rlsmooth775
02-04-2015, 11:27 PM
well the issue isn't "presenting facts"

the problem is that you have this strange idea that box score stats prove your point

kinda ironic how the mavs "dared" lebron to shoot jumpers in the finals

im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and not think you are legit that brainwashed

you are just butt hurt that shane picked kobe and want to cherry pick around to detract kobe. simple

No i'm just stating a fact kobe is a marginal 3 point shooter

TheMarkMadsen
if this thread isn't proof that whoever wants to be in denial will stay in denial..

Battier "Kobe the greatest player I ever played against"

ISH "he doesn't mean that"

Droid101
Lebron is just the obvious choice,
No he ain't. He's not even close to the one on one player Kobe is. Get the **** outta here with that garbage.

christian1923
Its his opinion, just like any random poster here has an opinion, just like any random player has an opinion, just like say Pippen has the opinion of Lebron > Jordan....

Unlike T-Mac, Durant, Wade & Lebron Battier had to defend Kobe MANY more games.... so i can see his point, Kobe has indeed caused him more nightmares...
Pippin back tracked from those comments

AirBourne92
02-04-2015, 11:29 PM
Pippin back tracked from those comments

source? jw

christian1923
02-04-2015, 11:29 PM
i don't think hes counting lebron since he played with him in his last twilight years of his career. He probably thinks of lebron as a brother whom his on his team and not an opposition.
:lol he played against Lebron for almost a decade

TheMarkMadsen
02-04-2015, 11:30 PM

:facepalm :facepalm

No Pauk, random posters on ISH giving their opinion on who is tougher to guard isn't the same as Shane Battier giving his opinion on who is tougher to guard

plowking
Yeah, but Wizards Jordan is better than prime Kobe since he is harder to defend.

Because Ron Artest said so, and he played with Kobe!

rlsmooth775
No he ain't. He's not even close to the one on one player Kobe is. Get the **** outta here with that garbage.

Lebron is superior to kobe at pretty much everything

christian1923
02-04-2015, 11:31 PM
source? jw
http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/31/scottie-pippen-take-lebron-james-over-michael-jordan

J Shuttlesworth
02-04-2015, 11:32 PM
Yeah, but Wizards Jordan is better than prime Kobe since he is harder to defend.

Because Ron Artest said so, and he played with Kobe!
Just like how Pierce said Melo is the toughest competition he faced :lol

AirBourne92
02-04-2015, 11:34 PM
http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/31/scottie-pippen-take-lebron-james-over-michael-jordan

people won't understand what pippen is saying cause most people don't understand concepts of roles in a team basketball offensive system

Jacks3
02-05-2015, 12:08 AM
Kobe in his prime routinely destroyed Battier. lol @ people acting like Battier is saying anything crazy.

SuperPippen
02-05-2015, 12:11 AM

"Not even close?" Are you serious? Sure, Kobe's got a proven track record as an all-time great scorer.... but so does Lebron. Aside from FT%, Lebron has literally been more efficient than Kobe in every single facet as a scorer throughout his career. Finishing at the rim? Check. Long range shooting? Check. Get the **** outta here with this "not even close" garbage. And I'm a bigger Kobe fan than Lebron fan.

That a biased, unfunny, full-of-shit stan like you has so many green bars is a testament to this forum's lack of quality.

Now go ahead and respond with some more bullcrap, and proceed to be shot down again.

Droid101
02-05-2015, 12:12 AM
"Not even close?" Are you serious? Sure, Kobe's got a proven track record as an all-time great scorer.... but so does Lebron. Aside from FT%, Lebron has literally been more efficient than Kobe in every single facet as a scorer throughout his career. Finishing at the rim? Check. Long range shooting? Check. Get the **** outta here with this "not even close" garbage. And I'm a bigger Kobe fan than Lebron fan.

That a biased, unfunny, full-of-shit stan like you has so many green bars is a testament to this forum's lack of quality.

Now go ahead and respond with some more bullcrap, and proceed to be shot down again.
:lol

One on one. I didn't mention any other aspect of the game.

Suck on a neg for me bitch.

SuperPippen
02-05-2015, 12:18 AM

One on one. I didn't mention any other aspect of the game.

Suck on a neg for me bitch.

So you can't refute what I have to say, and have resort to vague non-rebuttals and insults. You've really outdone yourself, buddy.

AirBourne92
02-05-2015, 12:24 AM

all those stats are out of context...

scoring has nothing to do with highest efficiency

Mr. Jabbar
02-05-2015, 12:26 AM
Thank You Captain Obvious

http://i.imgur.com/dQqXxeD.gif

BigMacAttack
02-05-2015, 12:32 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

imnew09
02-05-2015, 12:32 AM
shut it down! Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, West, and the list goes on that said Kobe is one of the greatest.

But fk em right? Let's just listen to ISH POSTERS :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :facepalm

christian1923
02-05-2015, 10:01 AM
shut it down! Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, West, and the list goes on that said Kobe is one of the greatest.

But fk em right? Let's just listen to ISH POSTERS :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :facepalm
Well some ish posters are pretty smart. :applause:

HOoopCityJones
02-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Ni99as act like he said Kobe was GOAT or something.

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2015, 10:37 AM
This is my one and only time I can ever use personal testimony when discussing an NBA player but... Shane Battier worked my brother's basketball camp during the lockout and I remember someone asking him who was tougher to guard at that time between Kobe Bryant and LeBron James (he was a free agent, would later sign with the Heat). He thought about for a moment briefly then said James.

:cheers:

glad we settled this

russwest0
02-05-2015, 12:11 PM

AlphaWolf24
02-05-2015, 01:32 PM

Nope Battier has been saying Kobe is GOAT for awhile now....since 06'

I would laugh but......too many kids who post sound just like this.....

no one who actually plays organized basketball at a high level would use advanced stats to judge skill level...

Kingwillball
02-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Lebron easily and clearly better all around player Kobe in his prime better offensive game however lebron in attack mode is more unstoppable thus harder to guard.

Levity
02-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Anyone remember that LAL/HOU series that went 6 or 7 games. Battier was locked on Kobe for most of that series, and D'ed him up to perfection. but Kobe just kept hitting shot after shot in Battiers face even with Shanes fingers basically up Kobe's nose. No doubt that series has a lot to do with his decision.

riseagainst
02-05-2015, 01:41 PM

theoneneo
02-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Kobe has like 3 50 point games, and multiple 40 point games against battier :lol