PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it...

UK2K
02-04-2015, 11:00 PM
I really do. It pains me, and saddens me, and kinda frightens me, but kind of excites me, but,

Houston looks better without Dwight on the floor.

Give then time to settle into their rotation, make that on court bond, they're gonna be good. Their passing is amazing.

The team is playing very unselfish and very cohesive.

Sorry Dwight :(

hawksdogsbraves
02-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Big lumbering true centers who can't pass aren't really very useful in today's NBA unfortunately :confusedshrug:

UK2K
02-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Big lumbering true centers who can't pass aren't really very useful in today's NBA unfortunately :confusedshrug:
Hibbert is. He's a liability on offense but defensively he's a game changer. Also, Drummond is another.

But you're right, when he's out, the offense is much faster, and much smoother. Seems less forced and more fluid.

longtime lurker
02-04-2015, 11:22 PM
Yeah you say this until the playoffs. This type of thinking is pretty idiotic. No team is better without their superstar player.

funnystuff
02-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Meh, i don't see them getting far in the West with or without Dwight. James Harden has already proven to be a playoff disaster.

UK2K
02-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Yeah you say this until the playoffs. This type of thinking is pretty idiotic. No team is better without their superstar player.

He's averaging 16 and 11 this season. He's played 32 games.

In the four games he's been out, D Mo has averaged 17 and 9 on 56/55/72.

They just are quicker without him. He doesnt fit the scheme if he's not running the floor and running the PnR. They have the personnel and vision to run the ball, and when they do, they're much better.

Six steals, eight blocks, and only 18 assists, and only six turnovers. That's great defense and good, solid team play.

navy
02-04-2015, 11:32 PM
Ive watched many Rockets games without Dwight. Team play? Passing? Hahahahaha Harden is gonna be in trouble come playoff time.

Of course Dwight wasnt helping those things.So it cant get worse I guess.

Ariza4three
It's because they force feed him. There is absolutely no reason Dwight should be fed in the post at this point. He needs to come to realize it now.

UK2K
Meh, i don't see them getting far in the West with or without Dwight. James Harden has already proven to be a playoff disaster.
12-5 on the season without Dwight, with wins over Dallas (x2), Chicago, Memphis, and Phoenix.

There's no denying the Rockets are better on defense with him on the court, but the offense is just sluggish.

Relinquish
02-04-2015, 11:39 PM

What about GOATside? :confusedshrug:

YouGotServed
02-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Ive watched many Rockets games without Dwight. Team play? Passing? Hahahahaha Harden is gonna be in trouble come playoff time.

Of course Dwight wasnt helping those things.So it cant get worse I guess.

You've watched no Rockets games without Dwight. Quit talking out your ass boy.

Chadwin
02-04-2015, 11:52 PM
offensively, yes
defensively, no

UK2K
02-05-2015, 12:32 AM
You've watched no Rockets games without Dwight. Quit talking out your ass boy.
If he had, he wouldnt be saying that.

Dwight goes down, Houston gives up 87, 94, 87, 114, 90.

That's with the roster we have now. He was down for several weeks earlier, but that was before Smith and Brewer were brought in and Jones came back healthy.

Allowing 94.2 ppg since Howard went down, which would be #1 in the league.

ralph_i_el
02-05-2015, 12:33 AM
Hibbert is. He's a liability on offense but defensively he's a game changer. Also, Drummond is another.

But you're right, when he's out, the offense is much faster, and much smoother. Seems less forced and more fluid.

Both of those guys gum up the half court O. Drummond is excused because he creates so many new possessions from O rebounds. Part of that is because he's fleet of foot enough to crash the O boards and still get back on D relatively quickly (like a young Dwight).

outbreak
02-05-2015, 12:34 AM
He hasn't been the same since his back injuries in Orlando. Plus the fact that he had a system totally built for him in Orlando helped.