PDA

View Full Version : In all honesty, how long do the Warriors think they can keep winning like this?

sportsfan76
02-05-2015, 02:15 AM
We all know that the way the warriors play ball is not going to work in the playoffs and they will be eliminated. Mainly because they live by the jumpshot and once it stops falling they don't have a dominant post presence to make up for the lack of jump shots falling. The warriors shot a total of 34 three pointers and made 18 of them. How the f*ck is that a recipe for winning in the playoffs?

Im done. This team is not FINALS material:facepalm

navy
02-05-2015, 02:17 AM
We have officially been living in the 3 point era since 2011.

Finals bound.

Milbuck
02-05-2015, 02:19 AM
3rd in the league in points in the paint

"live by the jumpshot, die by the jumpshot"

sportsfan76
02-05-2015, 02:20 AM
34 three pointers is way too many and Kerr should say something instead of standing on the sidelines looking crazy:facepalm

J Shuttlesworth
02-05-2015, 02:22 AM
These stats were from a couple weeks ago, so I'm not sure if they've maintained this, but this is championship ball:

http://i.imgur.com/t5f5nYXl.jpg

russwest0
02-05-2015, 02:27 AM
We have officially been living in the 3 point era since 2011.

Finals bound.

Pretty much. No matter how much guys like Barkley act like you can't win a championship shooting jumpshots, you look at the last 4 championship teams and they were all jumpshooting teams.

Bobcats2013
02-05-2015, 02:30 AM
I swear OP the type of nikka that listens to barkley and dont watch the games.

Heavincent
02-05-2015, 02:32 AM
Winning like what? Playing defense at an all time great level?

BigMacAttack
02-05-2015, 02:35 AM
They are first (or close too it) in almost every major offensive and defensive category, how is that not championship ball?

Biggest thread backfire this week yo.

Nets fan 93
02-05-2015, 02:36 AM
They do a lot more than just shooting 3s....

Rose'sACL
02-05-2015, 02:37 AM
Pretty much. No matter how much guys like Barkley act like you can't win a championship shooting jumpshots, you look at the last 4 championship teams and they were all jumpshooting teams.
only dallas fits that definition.
spurs got open shots for role players by passing the ball really well but had interior scoring if shots were not falling.
same with heat....lebron drove to the basket or got doubled in post and got open jump-shots for role players. in 2011-12 season, lebron made a clear effort to play only in the paint and took 3s when they were the only shots available.
warriors will need great passing and someone who can score in the post or get doubled in the post when shots aren't falling. also, if refs want they can easily put bogut in foul trouble. he holds so many wing players from cutting to corner 3 spot that if refs start paying attention to it then he will be in trouble.

Bobcats2013
02-05-2015, 02:37 AM

Not according to Charles Barkley.

navy
02-05-2015, 02:40 AM
only dallas fits that definition.
spurs got open shots for role players by passing the ball really well but had interior scoring if shots were not falling.
same with heat....lebron drove to the basket or got doubled in post and got open jump-shots for role players. in 2011-12 season, lebron made a clear effort to play only in the paint and took 3s when they were the only shots available.
warriors will need great passing and someone who can score in the post or get doubled in the post when shots aren't falling.
The Warriors are basically the Spurs with better three point shooting. Finals bound.

sportsfan76
02-05-2015, 02:40 AM

Warriors have a "playground" style of play

navy
02-05-2015, 02:41 AM
They really dont to be honest. Not offensively anyways. However they clearly move the ball so well that they get plenty of open ones.

k0kakw0rld
02-05-2015, 02:42 AM
3rd in the league in points in the paint

"live by the jumpshot, die by the jumpshot"
ether.

Rose'sACL
02-05-2015, 02:42 AM
The Warriors are basically the Spurs with better three point shooting. Finals bound.
they don't have duncan to get 15-20 easy points when jump shots are not falling. their interior scoring in dependent on their outside shooting unlike the spurs or heat who both had players who can score in the paint.
Curry and klay just might be special though and get hot for the whole playoffs. i see the stats but i just don't think they are really great defensively. they are good, not great.

k0kakw0rld
02-05-2015, 02:43 AM
These stats were from a couple weeks ago, so I'm not sure if they've maintained this, but this is championship ball:

http://i.imgur.com/t5f5nYXl.jpg
scary :eek:

Heavincent
02-05-2015, 02:44 AM
They really dont to be honest. Not offensively anyways. However they clearly move the ball so well that they get plenty of open ones.

3rd in the league in points in paint

navy
02-05-2015, 02:49 AM
3rd in the league in points in paint
They get their points in the paint from run outs and basket cuts/ball movement as teams scramble to stop them from getting threes. Cant complain they have the best offense in the league that way. When the Warriors need a basket do you really think it will be scored in the paint?

Their paint scoring wont be impressive in the playoffs if they play a quality defensive team. And they might not, who knows.

navy
02-05-2015, 02:53 AM
they don't have duncan to get 15-20 easy points when jump shots are not falling. their interior scoring in dependent on their outside shooting unlike the spurs or heat who both had players who can score in the paint.
Curry and klay just might be special though and get hot for the whole playoffs. i see the stats but i just don't think they are really great defensively. they are good, not great.
Duncan only got like 5-7 easy points a game. The rest was garbage man stuff. Which the warriors can do.

No reason to think this team should not be the favorites. Would require a massive defensive juggernaut or great superstar performance to take them down. Or the Hawks.

Heavincent
02-05-2015, 02:56 AM
Duncan only got like 5-7 easy points a game. The rest was garbage man stuff. Which the warriors can do.

No reason to think this team should not be the favorites. Would require a massive defensive juggernaut or great superstar performance to take them down. Or the Hawks.

Didn't you say they were pretenders and "3 point shooting **** boys" just a little while back?

Heavincent
02-05-2015, 02:58 AM
i see the stats but i just don't think they are really great defensively. they are good, not great.

You're a moron then. They're literally one of the best defenses of the last 15 years. They're in the same tier as the 08 Celtics and 04 Pistons.

lol at "good, not great defensive team". What a ****ing joke.

navy
02-05-2015, 02:59 AM
Didn't you say they were pretenders and "3 point shooting **** boys" just a little while back?
Salty.

Heavincent
02-05-2015, 03:00 AM
Salty.

Nah, Hawks are cool.

navy
02-05-2015, 03:01 AM
Nah, Hawks are cool.
Sweet.

Heavincent
02-05-2015, 03:08 AM
OPP FG% - 1st

OPP eFG% - 1st

OPP 3 PT% - 3rd

Defensive rating - 1st

Steals - 4th

Blocks - 2nd

"good, not great defensive team"

:roll:

BigMacAttack
02-05-2015, 03:13 AM

Reaching so hard bro.

Inferno
02-05-2015, 03:17 AM
Stay salty

Milbuck
02-05-2015, 03:20 AM
Honestly, I want the Warriors or Hawks to win it all just so this tired, anti-jumpshooting narrative is put to bed. Figured it would be already, considering the last 4 champions have been jumpshooting teams...but guess we just need another.

The eye test, the raw stats, the advanced stats, they all point to the Warriors being not just a championship-level team...but a historically good championship-level team.

Maybe what all these skeptics are saying is true, and they'll collapse 2014 Pacers style. But we're past the halfway mark and the Warriors are STILL dominant...maybe, just maybe...they're for real?

Cocaine80s
02-05-2015, 03:21 AM
Warriors may win it all but we all know the best teams are out here in the East