PDA

View Full Version : Magic fire Jacque Vaughn

24-Inch_Chrome
02-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Just got the update. It's a shame, Pop spoke up in defense of him yesterday.

Levity
02-05-2015, 01:51 PM
seen a handful or so of Orlando games the past 2 years, and something about him really irked me. So... bravo.

Would love to see them give mike malone (probably wouldnt be til next season) a chance, considering they have some talent, defensive minded players. ORL fans, who's your coach of choice?

gts
02-05-2015, 01:56 PM
one of these days Magic ownership will realize the main problem is the front office...

not saying Vaughn was a good coach but he's not the main problem in that franchise

Clyde
02-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Scott Skiles

gts
02-05-2015, 01:59 PM
George Karl would be OK.. young roster in need of somebody with an actual basketball mind to guide them

Karl won't get you over the hump but he'll get you half way up the hill

hawkfan
Don't people learn?

Vaughn is a former Hawk.

Not good.

Lexington Steel
Stay mediocre, Orlando.

beastee
02-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Scott Skiles
I would imagine that is the plan. The owner loves former players.

Potentially Mark Jackson could turn around the team, but not sure they would want him.

SugarHill
02-05-2015, 02:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B7fZQYm.gif

outbreak
02-05-2015, 02:30 PM
one of these days Magic ownership will realize the main problem is the front office...

not saying Vaughn was a good coach but he's not the main problem in that franchise
You mean the front office they recently replaced?

Needed to happen Vaughn couldn't figure out what he was doing and was hurting our young team. Borrego has been promoted as expected until the end of the season.

SourGrapes
02-05-2015, 02:34 PM

Needed to happen Vaughn couldn't figure out what he was doing and was hurting our young team. Borrego has been promoted as expected until the end of the season.

Any Magic players stand to benefit from the coaching change?

hawkfan
02-05-2015, 02:38 PM
How much did they spend on Gordon and Frye?
How did that work out?

outbreak
02-05-2015, 02:40 PM
How much did they spend on Gordon and Frye?
How did that work out?
Not to bad. They've helped open the paint so our young guys can learn to drive and dish. There was an article recently talking about how both Payton and oladipo are some of the best guards at getting an assist off the drive this season.

outbreak
02-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Any Magic players stand to benefit from the coaching change?
Vaughn has been inconsistent with minutes and the system. For one stretch he will have us run then he will have us slow. Harkless will go from getting 25 minutes to dnp, Nicholson gets no time at all, marble got called up to start then sent straight to the d league while willie green takes his minutes. He's just all over the place and rumor was even if the young guys don't all pan out hennigan wants them played so they can be assessed and potentially traded but Vaughn refused. He also doesthings like pull our best interior defenders when we are up by one late or pull our shooters when we need a three. He just isn't acompetant coach and I don't think he was ever a long term hire but refusing to take orders from the gm on a rebuilding team means he has to go

Hey Yo
02-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Basketball Reference ‏@bball_ref 2 hours ago
Worst Win Pct as NBA Head Coach
Minimum 200 Games

Sidney Lowe - .257
Jacque Vaughn - .269
Kurt Rambis - .279

DukeDelonte13
02-05-2015, 04:24 PM
don't know why they got rid of him in the middle of the season.

Another thing is i can't see how anybody expected the magic to be successful this year, it's really hard to say if Vaughn necessarily underachieved.

gts
02-05-2015, 04:38 PM

Hennigan has been there since 2012 this will be his 4th summer. lets not pretend he's only been running things for a few months and his fingerprints aren't all over this current team.. Vaughn was his hire

outbreak
02-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Hennigan has been there since 2012 this will be his 4th summer. lets not pretend he's only been running things for a few months and his fingerprints aren't all over this current team.. Vaughn was his hire

If you are saying the current front office is a problem you are wrong. They've managed to turn most of their trades in to solid deals. Picking up Vucevic, Harris, Fournier and Payton have been great moves. Vaughn was always a temporary hire. They were not going to hire a coach for a team rebuilding who would still be there when it's time to compete. They couldn't have forseen that they would have disagreements over players.

outbreak
02-05-2015, 05:06 PM
don't know why they got rid of him in the middle of the season.

Another thing is i can't see how anybody expected the magic to be successful this year, it's really hard to say if Vaughn necessarily underachieved.

I don't think it's a case of them underachieving or not being successful but if you watch the Orlando games you can see how bad Vaughn is. We have had games where we were in front and had a chance to beat much better teams and then Vaughn will throw out retarded line ups with no point guard or no rim protection. Just stupid things that don't fit with the situation of the game. He also seems to randomly chop and change minutes and keeps saying it's due to match ups when they make no sense.

Ariza4three
02-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Best thing to happen all year for the Magic

MP.Trey
02-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Bout ****in time

josh99
02-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Meh, its not like bringing in someone else is suddenly going to turn us into a good team.

Take Your Lumps
02-05-2015, 06:22 PM
George Karl would be OK.. young roster in need of somebody with an actual basketball mind to guide them

Karl won't get you over the hump but he'll get you half way up the hill

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/563453796370890754

Sources say George Karl would have interest in the Orlando Magic job. In 2005, he took over the Denver Nuggets midseason and went 32-8.

outbreak
02-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Meh, its not like bringing in someone else is suddenly going to turn us into a good team.

It won't but it's a start and it will take away one frustration. Nothing worse than seeing a player get hot early only to be benched for the rest of the game while Willie Green gets minutes.

I think some people here are missing the point that this firing isn't a case of Orlando trying to get immediately better but just due to the fact that while not expected to perform Vaughn has been flat out terrible at both coaching and providing a stable system for a young team to grow in.

Top Gun
02-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Best thing that could've happened to these young players. Hopefully he hasn't already left them with too many bad habits as they have a few decent young players to try build around.

Ariza4three
02-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Best thing that could've happened to these young players. Hopefully he hasn't already left them with too many bad habits as they have a few decent young players to try build around.
This is what I've been stressing to people. People in this thread are completely missing the point because they don't watch Orlando play. JV literally had NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS DOING. I'm not kidding. Rumors are that when Frye came on in training camp he didn't see Vaughn's gameplan and nothing really made sense. He got everyone else on board and Vaughn has lost this team since the 1st day of training camp. If we lose because we're not talented enough, so be it. We'll go into the draft and try to get more or make moves to get a big FA. If we're bad because our schemes are elementary as f*ck and we don't do anything with any meaning to it than the coach needs to go. We've been losing and BADLY recently. JV embarrassed the DeVos family during the Bucks game with another big blowout loss at home. The crowd was booing him and Vaughn. Vaughn needed to go. This is a necessary move because our players are learning bad habits.

Ariza4three
02-05-2015, 06:50 PM

I'm not defending this FO. The way they handled this whole situation was absolutely disgusting and no one should be defending it. If you aren't going to fire JV the day you leak the announcement then shut your mouth until you do. They left JV hanging for days up there with his job basically gone just so they had more time to find other coaches. The way they've handled the last two coaching situations for this team makes me want to throw up. SVG is the greatest coach this org. has had and he still got treated like shit in the last week or so. Absolutely unprofessional.

outbreak
02-05-2015, 07:01 PM
I'm not defending this FO. The way they handled this whole situation was absolutely disgusting and no one should be defending it. If you aren't going to fire JV the day you leak the announcement then shut your mouth until you do. They left JV hanging for days up there with his job basically gone just so they had more time to find other coaches. The way they've handled the last two coaching situations for this team makes me want to throw up. SVG is the greatest coach this org. has had and he still got treated like shit in the last week or so. Absolutely unprofessional.

From what I had heard Vaughn was already told he was being terminated after those 3 games. He wasn't left hanging it was like giving a weeks notice.

Ariza4three
02-05-2015, 07:02 PM
From what I had heard Vaughn was already told he was being terminated after those 3 games. He wasn't left hanging it was like giving a weeks notice.
That's exactly what I mean. Why leak it?

JohnFreeman
02-05-2015, 07:20 PM
How much money do the Magic have to keep paying him?

I<3NBA
02-05-2015, 07:31 PM
that's what the Hawks said.

Take Your Lumps
02-05-2015, 08:39 PM
George Karl trolling for a job :oldlol:

https://twitter.com/CoachKarl22/status/563488711279538177

Noticing some new followers from Orlando area......