PDA

View Full Version : I was watching NBa Tv last night with Kenny and Isiah and they basically blamed..

Hoopz2332
02-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Jordan for the NBA getting away from team ball and moving to the "Me Generation" hero ball. They were praising the hawks for the NBA getting back to the Magic/Bird/Isiah era instead of the Jordan led 90's era:eek:

SugarHill
02-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Jordan birthed it. Iverson and Kobe took it to whole new level because they're his children.

IMObjective
02-05-2015, 02:24 PM
What about wilt and his 50 ppg?

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2015, 02:26 PM
See, not everyone can play like MJ.... If everyone would try to play like Magic/Bird, a team would have more success than everyone trying to play like Jordan...

Only Jordan can be Jordan, what's needed is the perfect blend of physical abilites, talent, skill, IQ...

But, who doesn't wanna be like Mike? Kobe came closest to living him, since he didn't posess those same physical talents and a more individual approach, he was often knocked for it. Through all the gifts MJ had coupled with the hard work, he saw himself as a utility guy. He would try to fix whatever the team needed in order to suceed. For Kobe there's only one solution, shooting/scoring. Which is what MJ was most known for, and sticks with the kids.. it's also the "coolest", and flashiest.

hawkfan
02-05-2015, 02:30 PM
They were praising the hawks for the NBA getting back to the Magic/Bird/Isiah era instead of the Jordan led 90's era:eek:

This should be a breaking thread.

necya
02-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Jordan for the NBA getting away from team ball and moving to the "Me Generation" hero ball. They were praising the hawks for the NBA getting back to the Magic/Bird/Isiah era instead of the Jordan led 90's era:eek:

Isiah Thomas has the IQ of a worm, never listen to this guy...and never forget that you/we like these guys on a basketball court, and that's all

Prometheus
02-05-2015, 02:45 PM
It's true though. Jordan is my favorite athlete in any sport, by FAR, and I basically view him as a god. But what they say is true. I blame the media though, not Jordan. He didn't play selfishly; he was just that good. But yes, it is because of the level of success and greatness that Jordan achieved as a dominant scoring force, and the "Be Like Mike" campaign, that all the young basketball players in the world have wanted to be ball-hogs for the last 20 years.

DonDadda59
02-05-2015, 02:56 PM
And when the Hawks get knocked out in the second round it's gonna be 'See if they had that closer, that Jordan type guy who they could go to when the going got tough... maybe they could've gotten past the quarterfinal round'. #CantWait

Heavincent
02-05-2015, 03:00 PM
And when the Hawks get knocked out in the second round it's gonna be 'See if they had that closer, that Jordan type guy who they could go to when the going got tough... maybe they could've gotten past the quarterfinal round'. #CantWait

You're in for a rude awakening. Hawks are legit.

SugarHill
02-05-2015, 03:00 PM
People already saying that :lol

305Baller
02-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Jordan birthed it. Iverson and Kobe took it to whole new level because they're his children.

This. And there were worse failures along the way.

T_L_P
02-05-2015, 03:05 PM
That was AI.

You'd have to be an idiot to think you could come close to replicating Jordan.

But an inefficient midget who makes millions of dollars? People gobbled that shit up.

Also, :oldlol: at this lack of team ball stuff. The Spurs have been playing team ball for almost two decades. The Hawks aren't a revolution by any means. The Ben Wallace Pistons? The Garnett Celtics? Even the LeBron Heat all played great collective basketball.

DonDadda59
02-05-2015, 03:06 PM
You're in for a rude awakening. Hawks are legit.

Regular season warriors bruh. The playoffs are an entirely different animal. We've seen this play out so many damn times in NBA History. Is there anyone out there really expecting the Hawks to play in the Finals this year? :lol

:confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Jordan's dominance was unparalleled because his impact rivaled some of the greatest centers in history, and unlike centers, perimeter players generally have the ball in their hands longer (people often confuse that with ball-hogging).

Jordan was a ball dominant scorer, but an equally effective off-ball scorer. I mean, to have THAT many points (career leader in PPG, both regular season and playoffs) and still be highly efficient is pretty absurd.

Heavincent
02-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Regular season warriors bruh. The playoffs are an entirely different animal. We've seen this play out so many damn times in NBA History. Is there anyone out there really expecting the Hawks to play in the Finals this year? :lol

:confusedshrug:

You know they play in the East, right?