PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys admit that Curry is better than Chris Paul yet?

I.R.Beast
02-05-2015, 09:56 PM
come on guys... out with it.

Young X
02-05-2015, 10:01 PM
I'm the only Chris Paul fan on this site...Curry has been better this season so far.

Graviton
02-05-2015, 10:04 PM
I'm the only Chris Paul fan on this site...Curry has been better this season so far.
What about Westbrook, Wall, Kyrie, Lowry, Teague?

LiLharvard
02-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Chris Paul is elite and cannot be taken lightly. Curry has been better this season for sure but when regular season is all said and done where would your thoughts be when its a playoff series between GS and CLIPS hmm chris paul he would worry me

BigMacAttack
02-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Chris Paul is elite and cannot be taken lightly. Curry has been better this season for sure but when regular season is all said and done where would your thoughts be when its a playoff series between GS and CLIPS hmm chris paul he would worry me

Yeah he has made a lot of noise in the palyoffs so far in his 10 years lol.

I said last year I'd take Curry over Paul.

indiefan23
02-05-2015, 10:10 PM
lol. I posted this thread when he was drafted for just such occasions as this one... http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136866

Graviton
02-05-2015, 10:12 PM
:biggums:

BigMacAttack
02-05-2015, 10:13 PM
lol. I posted this thread when he was drafted for just such occasions as this one... http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136866

Some Lols here.

T_L_P
02-05-2015, 10:13 PM

I.R.Beast
02-05-2015, 10:15 PM
I've been posting this the past 2 seasons now and dudes been making all the excuses for why curry aint better..none of which were very good excuses... Cp3 aint even top 5. this season...wall, curry, westbrook, teague, lowry, lawson , lillard have all been better

qrich
02-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Hi DeMonz

Graviton
Some Lols here.
http://i58.tinypic.com/2h6vfb5.png

http://i60.tinypic.com/2z9bep0.png

:lol

fpliii
Chris Paul is a huge choker.

He's been losing playoff series to teams with worse records than his teams' his entire career. SMH :facepalm

Young X
02-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Naming Ty Lawson and Jeff Teague as better players than CP is just hate.

Curry has been better and Westbrook has an argument. Nobody else is better.

Don't understand the argument for Wall and Lillard; LAC has a similar/better record than WAS and POR and CP is a better, far more efficient all around player than both of them. Lowry is the sh!t, but he's been struggling lately.

Graviton
02-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Naming Ty Lawson and Jeff Teague as better players than CP is just hate.

Curry has been better and Westbrook has an argument. Nobody else is better.

Don't understand the argument for Wall and Lillard; LAC has a similar/better record than WAS and POR and CP is a better, far more efficient all around player than both of them. Lowry is the sh!t, but he's been struggling lately.
Jeff Teague is leading the best team in the league and his stats are actually similar to Pauls. He is also a better defender, more aggressive offensive player and MUCH better in clutch situations. The reason Hawks have won so many close games is mostly thanks to Teague's leadership in the 4th quarters, he sets up his teammates perfectly and controls the flow. Doesn't just play hot potato with the ball like Paul until he gets an assist. :facepalm

Hawks are the best team in the league for a reason. Show some respect.

LiLharvard
02-05-2015, 11:34 PM
CP3 is always going to have that deserving aura about him because he's not so flashy but does everything else right has a reliable jumpshot, can shoot free throws, one of the best distributors in our game today and people will have the notion "oh he's not flashy, he's reliable and come playoff time he'll be at another level" he will always have that effect on everyone and for the most part its true he's an elite point guard and should be considered in the top 3 IMO.

SamuraiSWISH
02-06-2015, 12:55 AM
I love Paul, bro. Curry has been better. I still trust CP3's capabilities more.

LiLharvard
02-10-2015, 01:15 AM
bump

KNOW1EDGE
02-10-2015, 01:18 AM
Curry is a better shooter.

CP3 is a better point guard.

RedBlackAttack
02-10-2015, 01:40 AM
Curry is shooting 42% from the field (82-of-193) in his last 10 games. I'm not making any broad, sweeping statements regarding these numbers... but considering he shot 50% in his first 40 games, the recent dip seems at least noteworthy.

I guess just more evidence that things will eventually balance out most of the time. Curry has hovered around 47-49% FG for most of his career. This year, he's back down to 48.5%. Sounds about right.

navy
02-10-2015, 01:46 AM
Curry is shooting 42% from the field (82-of-193) in his last 10 games. I'm not making any broad, sweeping statements regarding these numbers... but considering he shot 50% in his first 40 games, the recent dip seems at least noteworthy.

I guess just more evidence that things will eventually balance out most of the time. Curry has hovered around 47-49% FG for most of his career. This year, he's back down to 48.5%. Sounds about right.
What's his three point shooting numbers?

notatop29pg
02-10-2015, 01:50 AM
I've been posting this the past 2 seasons now and dudes been making all the excuses for why curry aint better..none of which were very good excuses... Cp3 aint even top 5. this season...wall, curry, westbrook, teague, lowry, lawson , lillard have all been better

Hi Demons.

notatop29pg
02-10-2015, 01:52 AM

You're not alone dude.

These threads have been popping up since Paul was drafted. that in itself is usually a good enough indication of how good he is.

When Paul is 38 the title will be "Paul isn't even a top 10 PG anymore.."

bla bla.

Sooner or later they will be right.

fpliii
02-10-2015, 01:55 AM
I'm the only Chris Paul fan on this site.
:banana:

J Shuttlesworth
02-10-2015, 01:57 AM
Take these two scenarios:

Put CP3 on the Hawks in place of Teague
Put CP3 on the Warriors in place of Curry

I think the Hawks get better, but the Warriors get worse. Curry's 3 pt shooting is huge for the Dubs and everyone on the team is a pretty good passer.

CP3's fit would be seamless on the Hawks. CP3 is a better distributor than Curry and better defender, but that's about it.... but those are both huge aspects of the game.

RedBlackAttack
02-10-2015, 01:57 AM
What's his three point shooting numbers?
Down this year. Still a very good 40.3%, but he shot 42.4% last year and 45.3% the year before that.

I consider that 40% marker the difference between the good shooters and the great ones. He is still on the plus side of that. But, he is normally in the elite tier occupied by only a couple of guys in the league. It hasn't been that way this season.

Heavincent
02-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Well yeah, Curry is the best PG in the game.

notatop29pg
02-10-2015, 02:08 AM
Curry is easily the best right at this very minute.

Having said that... Paul needed to do it for 5-6 years straight before anyone was willing to admit it, so I want to see Curry do it all again next year. I also want to see him not panic come playoffs when he starts to get doubled and trapped every possession.

I.R.Beast
02-10-2015, 02:10 AM
Take these two scenarios:

Put CP3 on the Hawks in place of Teague
Put CP3 on the Warriors in place of Curry

I think the Hawks get better, but the Warriors get worse. Curry's 3 pt shooting is huge for the Dubs and everyone on the team is a pretty good passer.

CP3's fit would be seamless on the Hawks. CP3 is a better distributor than Curry and better defender, but that's about it.... but those are both huge aspects of the game.
CUrry has easily been a better defender than Cp3 ths year..not even close...and since when has paul been a good defender?..

Heavincent
02-10-2015, 02:13 AM
CUrry has been a better defender than Cp3 ths year.

Agreed. Curry has honestly bee a fantastic defender this year.

J Shuttlesworth
02-10-2015, 02:21 AM
CUrry has easily been a better defender than Cp3 ths year..not even close...and since when has paul been a good defender?..
Chris Paul is a pretty damn good defender. He's gotten 1st or 2nd all defensive team almost every year since he's been in his prime

Curry might be better right now on D, but career wise, Paul is clearly a better defender.

navy
02-10-2015, 02:25 AM
What the actual fvck. :biggums:

It's not hard to be a good defender when you got the best defensive team in the nba lol.

greatest-ever
02-10-2015, 02:26 AM
Curry is pretty clearly having the better season, but its also clear that before this season Paul was definitively better.

Paul is pretty overrated, especially on realgm a lot think he's actually a top 30 goat over there.

notatop29pg
02-10-2015, 02:27 AM
I'll reserve judgement on Curry until I actually see him guarding a top pg... not letting Klay do it.

I.R.Beast
02-10-2015, 02:27 AM
What the actual fvck. :biggums:

It's not hard to be a good defender when you got the best defensive team in the nba lol.
so them being good defensively has nothing to do with curry.... CUrry and Harden have both made huge strides defensively and have been very good on that end..

navy
02-10-2015, 02:31 AM
so them being good defensively has nothing to do with curry.... CUrry and Harden have both made huge strides defensively and have been very good on that end..
He hasnt been terrible like he use to be. Im not sure if Ive seen enough to call him anything. Maybe I havent watched enough games where they werent blowing teams out.

And do I believe they would be just as good defensively with practically any other point guard in the lineup? Yes.