PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired! CP3 rips female ref

JT123
02-06-2015, 01:46 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/12287430/chris-paul-los-angeles-clippers-frustrated-techs-female-rookie-ref-not-her
:eek:

RoundMoundOfReb
02-06-2015, 01:47 AM
I dont see how what he said is remotely sexist.

BigBoss
02-06-2015, 01:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/12287430/chris-paul-los-angeles-clippers-frustrated-techs-female-rookie-ref-not-her
:eek:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nn9rKoLgAo4/VKDsSdjga5I/AAAAAAAARBQ/6ZxO9iFsdMs/w470-h264/5ring.gif

L.Kizzle
02-06-2015, 01:52 AM
Protest at next Clippers game by a bunch of dry chicks.

R.I.P.
02-06-2015, 02:04 AM
I bet she

KyleKong
02-06-2015, 02:05 AM
He was being critical of a ref, not a woman. That fact that she was a woman is irrelevant.

JebronLames
02-06-2015, 02:05 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nn9rKoLgAo4/VKDsSdjga5I/AAAAAAAARBQ/6ZxO9iFsdMs/w470-h264/5ring.gif
I think he's talking about his d*ck size. Impressive.

Bobcats2013
02-06-2015, 02:09 AM
I dont see how what he said is remotely sexist.

You criticize any woman at her job it's considered sexist.

KyleKong
02-06-2015, 02:10 AM
:facepalm just saw this is a top headline on ESPN. He said nothing about her poor officiating because she's a woman. If this was a dude ref that made CP3 upset this wouldn't even be a video clip.

the **** ESPN, now that deflate gate and the super bowl are over you reaching for straws at this point?

bdreason
02-06-2015, 02:17 AM
The ref didn't cost the Clippers this game.... the Clippers did. Clippers were getting stomped and crying like babies.

Al Thornton
02-06-2015, 03:13 AM
The ref didn't cost the Clippers this game.... the Clippers did. Clippers were getting stomped and crying like babies.
did he say it cost them the game?

u are a grown man, try and be just a little more intelligent. i believe in u

Bosnian Sajo
02-06-2015, 03:40 AM

The reporter was directly asking a question about the techs, not like CP3 blamed the refs for the loss, he just thought that some of the calls were redick.
And fairly so, too.

dunksby
02-06-2015, 03:43 AM
LAC got crushed, didn't have anything to do with the ref TBH, refs get criticized all the time though and she is not the first female ref.

miggyme1
02-06-2015, 03:43 AM
this was a trap game for the clippers. jj redick out..national tv....cavs on a long winning streak..the longest they been on all season plus they were at home. i expected a blowout or a pretty convincing win.

People on ISH still have to remember one thing.

PLAYOFF basketball is a totally different animal from regular seaon ball. last i checked the cavs only have a handful of players with playoff experience. i expect kyrie and love to be shook come playoff time or at least overwhelmed. they should hope for a 2 or 3 seed. Anything lower could mean a first round exit.

Eric Cartman
02-06-2015, 03:45 AM
She sucks. The worst ref in the NBA.

Hit_Em
02-06-2015, 03:52 AM
yeah 5 when flaccid which is bigger than bran at his peak.If kobe is at full mamba his thick and juicey BBC would tower over brans :bowdown:

Im so nba'd out
02-06-2015, 04:01 AM
yeah 5 when flaccid which is bigger than bran at his peak.If kobe is at full mamba his thick and juicey BBC would tower over brans :bowdown:
http://i.minus.com/iSObGCdYvIiwo.gif

R.I.P.
02-06-2015, 04:44 AM
LAC got crushed, didn't have anything to do with the ref TBH, refs get criticized all the time though and she is not the first female ref.

Never heard a player tell a male umpire, he

Pushxx
02-06-2015, 05:38 AM
Seriously...now it's the pronoun "she?"

What do we have to start referring to females as queens?" This isn't even remotely related to gender. What the actual ****?

It feels like I'm taking crazy pills.

Ariza4three
02-06-2015, 05:41 AM
The dumb bitch needs to get kicked out of the NBA.

LongLiveTheKing
02-06-2015, 05:46 AM
Sh*tstorm is coming for CP3 a bunch of stupid people are going to call him sexist. This is why Marshawn Lynch doesn't talk to the media

ABG
02-06-2015, 06:13 AM
she's terrible.

Dresta
02-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Honestly, this sounds borderline retarded. Trust a woman to get all defensive and offended and give everyone techs for nothing. Who the **** says 'uh-uh'? Trying to bring some female 'attitude' to the NBA? No thanks.

Be careful: women ruin things, just look at the incredible collectivisation of the social conscience that developed once they entered (and ruined) politics. Feminine sentimentality's a bitch.

LeJohn Janes
02-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Ramona Shelburne is a ****ing idiot.

"It doesn't sound good as he uses the pronoun 'SHE'."

:roll:

IMObjective
02-06-2015, 09:02 AM
the **** ESPN, now that deflate gate and the super bowl are over you reaching for straws at this point?
Yep

unknowns8
02-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Honestly, this sounds borderline retarded. Trust a woman to get all defensive and offended and give everyone techs for nothing. Who the **** says 'uh-uh'? Trying to bring some female 'attitude' to the NBA? No thanks.

Be careful: women ruin things, just look at the incredible collectivisation of the social conscience that developed once they entered (and ruined) politics. Feminine sentimentality's a bitch.

MEEEEEOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:lol :cheers: :oldlol: :banana: :confusedshrug: :wtf: :rolleyes: :coleman::biggums:

senelcoolidge
02-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Her..yes her/she is a woman..here officiating was terrible. She's..yes she is a woman..she is a rookie ref that isn't very good at her job. Yes, the Clippers were going to lose the game anyway, but what she did was way out of line. I've never seen that happen, not even from Joey Crawford. You give a guy a tech for yelling after a dunk, you can't show any emotion. You give a guy a tech for inbounding the ball too fast. WTH.
I knew some lowlife organization like espn would make something out of nothing. They need their stories. Now they will have specials on sexism. This political correctness is getting way out of hand. Obviously he wasn't addressing her bad performance based on her sex. But people take things way out of context. Screw them.

gts
02-06-2015, 12:36 PM
meh.. not a sexist remark on any level but either way at least Barnes and CP3 will be getting fined by the league for being critical of the refs...

Clippers are known to be whiners during the game, last night they were getting embarrassed and probably were crying to the refs more than usual

oh the horror
02-06-2015, 12:41 PM

Nah. He was signing how many fingers can be fit into your a-hole without any lube.

J Shuttlesworth
02-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Can someone link me to the Austin Rivers postgame interview?

Velocirap31
02-06-2015, 12:50 PM

Now if Paul said this, it could be interpreted as sexist :lol

dunksby
02-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 25m25 minutes ago
NBRA's Seham on Chris Paul's digs at Holtkamp: "The NBRA deplores the personal and unprofessional comments made by Chris Paul. She belongs."

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 26m26 minutes ago
NBA Refs Association responds fiercely to Chris Paul on official Lauren Holtkamp. Her calls, "justified," and,"She belongs," Lee Seham says.

Here we go, now it's a union thing :roll:

christian1923
02-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Female refs have to be huge sluts. Why else would they choose a job where they are only around men??

Male players, male coaches, male co workers, male management, male fans for the most part. Why she wanna be different? Girls don't dream of refereeing men's basketball at the pro level lol she's smashing somebody,

Taller than CP3
02-06-2015, 01:15 PM
if you want calls, then you've got to give her the D. that's just how it is.

AboutBuckets
02-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Female refs have to be huge sluts. Why else would they choose a job where they are only around men??

Male players, male coaches, male co workers, male management, male fans for the most part. Why she wanna be different? Girls don't dream of refereeing men's basketball at the pro level lol she's smashing somebody,

Have you taken a look at her? Chick looks like she's fisted more girls than Hugh Hefner's banged

christian1923
02-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Have you taken a look at her? Chick looks like she's fisted more girls than Hugh Hefner's banged
Na I havent. I just saw female and assumed she was a slut for NBA sausage

BurningHammer
02-06-2015, 01:28 PM
If NBA players can be tech'ed and/or tossed out for laughing while being at the bench or shouting "BALL DON'T LIE!", CP3's case was nothing.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-06-2015, 01:38 PM
The ref didn't lose him the game. His shitty play and the fact LAC are pretenders did.

christian1923
02-06-2015, 01:44 PM
The ref didn't lose him the game. His shitty play and the fact LAC are pretenders did.
No one said the ref lost them the game

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-06-2015, 01:46 PM
No one said the ref lost them the game

It's non news. Chris Paul's play along with the lack of coaching by Doc and execution of the players is what needs to be discussed.

christian1923
02-06-2015, 02:20 PM
It's non news. Chris Paul's play along with the lack of coaching by Doc and execution of the players is what needs to be discussed.
You should create a thread about it then bro

ProfessorMurder
02-06-2015, 02:30 PM
CP3 is just frustrated that he can't get out of the second round, so he started blaming women.

Fowl
02-06-2015, 02:39 PM
And these retarded ass reporters wonder why MarShawn Lynch doesn't speak to the media. Don't be surprised if CP3 starts doing the same thing.

Ariza4three
02-06-2015, 02:39 PM
CP3 is just frustrated that he can't get out of the second round, so he started blaming women.
Found a beta.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2015, 02:56 PM
i heard a bunch of fans were cat-calling her and making crass and vulgar remarks to her all game long.

R.I.P.
02-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Here we go, now it's a union thing :roll:

Of course it is. Not because she is female, because he threatened to get her fired. He attacked the integrity of the referees.

Obviously the NBRA will defend her and themselves. And they don

HomieWeMajor
02-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Word on the street is that CP3 lost his Statefarm gig cos of his comments.
No more shuckin' and jivin' for Cliff Paul.

MVBallin2K
02-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Those techs weren't all legitimate but it's the Clipper's own fault. Anyone who watched the game could easily see that the Clippers got warning after warning to knock it off but they couldn't help but keep jawing at the officials.

It's no different than a bunch of preschoolers acting up and the teacher making them stand in the corner. Except, the pre schoolers would probably learn and quit acting like babies but the Clippers kept at it. Teams get chippy during blowouts, it happens but when your PMS level is more than the female refs you're talking about, what do you think is gonna happen?

sportjames23
02-06-2015, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Of course it is. Not because she is female, because he threatened to get her fired. He attacked the integrity of the referees.

Fiasco
02-06-2015, 04:37 PM
If NBA players can be tech'ed and/or tossed out for laughing while being at the bench or shouting "BALL DON'T LIE!", CP3's case was nothing.

This is a logical fallacy.

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Seriously...now it's the pronoun "she?"

What do we have to start referring to females as queens?" This isn't even remotely related to gender. What the actual ****?

It feels like I'm taking crazy pills.

Ramona Shelburne is a ****ing idiot.

"It doesn't sound good as he uses the pronoun 'SHE'."

this... its honestly ****ing insane.. what the hell is happening?!

How is he supposed to adress her? There was nothing sexist..

however, you probably shouldn't call an official out like that, or say stuff like "if she continues like this she won't be here much longer" (paraphrasing).

SugarHill
02-06-2015, 04:51 PM
I don't get what was wrong. The "I don't think this is for her"? :durantunimpressed:

Dengness9
02-06-2015, 05:09 PM
She's ****ing terrible. It's pathetic

HurricaneKid
02-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Ish is full of a bunch of angry misogynist pigs? Who woulda guessed?? No wonder none of you cats get any.

As an official I can tell you if you are getting destroyed on the court and you take your frustrations out on me you are not going to enjoy the rest of your evening. Barnes' techs were far far worse and she didn't call either of those. She called DJ for SCREAMING "AND 1 GOD DAMN IT" loud enough I heard it live on the telecast, then gave CP3 one for jawing with her on the dead ball. Neither of those were bad T's. And sorry, I saw the replay plenty, Paul was NOT being respectful, he was angry and frustrated and you can't talk back to a ref in that tone when you have been suitably warned.

Some of you should be ashamed at your comments here.

Its a reasonable question to ask re: CP3. Has he ever said anything like that about a male ref? I sure don't recall it happening. And the Clips lead the league in Ts. Its not like they don't get them all the time.

I felt bad for Barnes. He got fined 7k for those 2 techs and neither was really warranted. He didn't lose it until after he got tossed.

KyrieTheFuture
02-06-2015, 05:43 PM

:biggums:

kamil
02-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Only reason why this is a 'big story' is because everyone expects women to be pampered... not Chris Paul though (thank god).

The notion that he's sexist can only come from white knights or misandrists/feminists.

Phenith
02-06-2015, 06:10 PM

If you read the article, Rivers said they got their butts kicked(not referring to the refs when that comment was made) and Barnes said pretty much straight up that the refs didn't cost them the game.

kamil
02-06-2015, 06:22 PM

So what? That doesn't excuse incompetent reffing.

The Iron Sheik
02-06-2015, 06:25 PM
i heard a bunch of fans were cat-calling her and making crass and vulgar remarks to her all game long.

it happens. players get heckled all the time.

The Iron Sheik
02-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Ish is full of a bunch of angry misogynist pigs? Who woulda guessed?? No wonder none of you cats get any.

As an official I can tell you if you are getting destroyed on the court and you take your frustrations out on me you are not going to enjoy the rest of your evening. Barnes' techs were far far worse and she didn't call either of those. She called DJ for SCREAMING "AND 1 GOD DAMN IT" loud enough I heard it live on the telecast, then gave CP3 one for jawing with her on the dead ball. Neither of those were bad T's. And sorry, I saw the replay plenty, Paul was NOT being respectful, he was angry and frustrated and you can't talk back to a ref in that tone when you have been suitably warned.

Its a reasonable question to ask re: CP3. Has he ever said anything like that about a male ref? I sure don't recall it happening. And the Clips lead the league in Ts. Its not like they don't get them all the time.

I felt bad for Barnes. He got fined 7k for those 2 techs and neither was really warranted. He didn't lose it until after he got tossed.

yes i'm sure chris paul has never been angry or frustrated with a male ref ever. he's said he deserved every tech he's ever received from a male ref

niko
02-06-2015, 07:16 PM

So you think CP3 has never complained about the refs before?

Spurs5Rings2014
02-06-2015, 07:18 PM

:coleman:

Rekindled
02-06-2015, 07:45 PM
wtf is this sensitive shit. nothing wrong with what CP3 said.

WadeStan
02-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Has an NBA player ever said "maybe this might not be for him" after one game with a handful of bad calls? If not then we have our answer.

Has a player ever said this about Joey Crawford? After all his power tripping antics?

How about when Timmy D was called for a T for smiling.

If not then we have our answer that it's sexist. Doesn't mean Chris is a douche but it is what it is. We all have our prejudices. Simple as.

HurricaneKid
02-07-2015, 01:10 AM
yes i'm sure chris paul has never been angry or frustrated with a male ref ever. he's said he deserved every tech he's ever received from a male ref

He has 87 techs. He probably doesn't think he should have earned two of them. And he has never said anything directly AT an official like this.

SwishSquared
02-07-2015, 01:41 AM
He has 87 techs. He probably doesn't think he should have earned two of them. And he has never said anything directly AT an official like this.
I agree with some points you raised, but I believe she worked a different Clippers game (maybe vs. Miami?) and they felt she made some blunders. She also made some dubious calls in a Kings-Mavs game (pretty sure CP3 knew about that too). She's not been super consistent.

Roster that already dislikes ref + blowout = comments made. I do believe CP3 when he said his comments were meant to evaluate her competency based on lack of full time NBA experience (and not relate to her gender). He has said stuff about officials before, but he probably can't remember something as simple as "why uh-uh" setting a ref over the edge.

I think the Clippers should have been more cautious overall, though. Have to be smarter about that kind of stuff imo.

KNOW1EDGE
02-07-2015, 02:14 AM
Maybe it's not for her.

Is he wrong?

I'm actually surprised to see so many people butt-hurt over this.... but it's funny...

dunksby
02-07-2015, 03:24 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Of course it is. Not because she is female, because he threatened to get her fired. He attacked the integrity of the referees.

Phantom_Blue
02-07-2015, 04:34 AM
Has an NBA player ever said "maybe this might not be for him" after one game with a handful of bad calls? If not then we have our answer.

This.

It doesn't matter what he really believes, I don't judge him either way, but he has to remember how impressionable he is to kids, in a world where the media does the parenting and no one is raised to think for themselves.

Unfortunate, but it's reality.

funnystuff
02-07-2015, 05:15 AM
What is wrong with what he said?

Dresta
02-07-2015, 06:44 AM
This.

It doesn't matter what he really believes, I don't judge him either way, but he has to remember how impressionable he is to kids, in a world where the media does the parenting and no one is raised to think for themselves.

Whose responsibility is that? Parents, or professional ball-bouncer Chris Paul?

bigkingsfan
02-07-2015, 08:47 AM
How else do you address a female? Should have said ****.

Ariza4three
02-07-2015, 09:25 AM
This.

Shut the **** up.

Ariza4three
02-07-2015, 09:27 AM

Has a player ever said this about Joey Crawford? After all his power tripping antics?

If not then we have our answer that it's sexist. Doesn't mean Chris is a douche but it is what it is. We all have our prejudices. Simple as.
Shut your beta ass up.

LeJohn Janes
02-07-2015, 09:53 AM
This.

https://theboeskool.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/helen-lovejoy-gif.png

RidonKs
02-07-2015, 10:24 AM
there's probably some selective bias going on here. she probably does make more bad calls than most because she is a rookie. but it's hard to say if its really any more than usual.

my first reaction to those clippers highlights was something like "yea... i've seen this chick make bad calls in the past... noticed it, logged it, remembered it... now this?" and then you start wondering if the delivering of those t's stemmed from an inferiority complex that's hard not to imagine given her job which entails authority over the tallest fastest strongest athletes int he world

but then, when's the last time an nba game went by where you didn't think the refs sucked ass? i disagree with about a dozen calls a game on average. at least a half dozen i'm sure they got wrong. and of the three refs in the game, of that half dozen, probably 3-4 can be attributed to one ref not in their element. do i ever remember who that particular ref is?

when joey crawford makes a bad call or overreacts and calls a tech, i make a note of it. because he's got that history. and he's identifiable, a known figure, plus he's got that shiny head.

there are a few others with name/face recognition for the average fan. this woman is one of them. so when she makes a call, you log it. then when this happens, a bunch of guys -- myself included, initially -- instinctively think they've seen her fk up before and this is just icing on the cake.

this is all hypothetical since i don't and i'm sure few of us do watch enough ball to really be able to evaluate the 50 refs in the league comparatively. but the bottom line is she's probably no worse than any other ref, we just think she is because they all suck and she happens to stick out for reasons that have nothing to do with her ability to see the game and make the right call.

nathanjizzle
02-07-2015, 10:28 AM
definitely sexists. he wouldnt have said anything if it were a man, but since the refs a woman, he doesnt respect her and chooses to say something.

didnt he say some shit about only wanting a black coach? so its more likely that he said this out of sexism and not just being critical of a ref.

Akhenaten
02-07-2015, 11:15 AM

Nah, they just did this.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spurs-guns-referee.jpg

tomtucker
02-07-2015, 01:15 PM
How else do you address a female? Should have said ****.

Too strong for live TV...........bitch or hoe would be more acceptable........ http://www.humoron.com/smileys/cool.png