PDA

View Full Version : How stacked is Golden State?

imnew09
02-06-2015, 03:40 AM
2 players dropped 50+ this season. 2 All Star fken coming off bench... They have been to playoff before so no more excuses.
If they dont win it all this season, it got to be the most disappointing team of the century!

J Shuttlesworth
02-06-2015, 03:42 AM
Yep, you said it.

They have a guy who is arguably an MVP
A guy who is one of the best scorers in the game, and set an NBA record for 37 pts in a quarter..

And it's not even the same guy who did both these things. Stacked as **** :applause: No excuses

I'm pulling for them in the West though, or the Rockets :bowdown:

Inferno
02-06-2015, 03:43 AM
no excuses

RoundMoundOfReb
02-06-2015, 03:44 AM
Honestly I think they'll tear through the playoffs pretty easily. This team is legit. Only concern is if Bogut can stay healthy.

miggyme1
02-06-2015, 03:49 AM
I swear the word STACKED gets used so loosely these days!

why cant the warriors just be a good team? being good doesnt make u STACKED.

to be honest its their style of play that make them so formidable.

u put steph curry on a team like the grizz and u would see a different steph..he wouldnt be up for mvp this season.

not taking anything away from the players because they are great but its really the chemistry they have built over the last 3 years thats making them special...not being stacked. team only has 2 players i would consider hall of fame locks.

80's celtics and lakers were stacked.

sportjames23
02-06-2015, 04:02 AM
no excu--

no excuses

Heavincent
02-06-2015, 04:08 AM
Honestly I think they'll tear through the playoffs pretty easily. This team is legit. Only concern is if Bogut can stay healthy.

I believe they'll win the title, but the West will be a dogfight. These teams aren't gonna lat down and get swept. I'm expecting close series all the way through.

No excuses though

unless Bogut gets hurt

J Shuttlesworth
02-06-2015, 04:11 AM
no excuses
Alpha :rockon: repped

k0kakw0rld
02-06-2015, 04:56 AM
We are going to win it all #noexcuses

Lebron23
02-06-2015, 04:57 AM
Let's see in the playoffs

Heavincent
02-06-2015, 04:59 AM
I will go into full on meltdown mode if they don't win it all.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-06-2015, 05:01 AM
I believe they'll win the title, but the West will be a dogfight. These teams aren't gonna lat down and get swept. I'm expecting close series all the way through.

No excuses though

unless Bogut gets hurt
Yeah by "pretty easily" i really mean "relatively easily" considering the stacked west. Honestly I think Memphis is their biggest challenge. They're built for playoff ball and have looked great since acquiring Green.

ABfor3
02-06-2015, 05:06 AM
Don't forget about Steve Kerr and his experience in the playoffs, he's been there done that so I expect that to be a huge difference maker this year.

I<3NBA
02-06-2015, 06:10 AM
squad is too inexperienced. correct me if i'm wrong but if ever they reach the finals, it would be the first time for all of the players.

against an experienced squad, they're at a disadvantage.

All Net
02-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Great team

I'm rooting for them.

Lebronxrings
02-06-2015, 07:49 AM
looking like the favorites. Superstacked.

BuffaloBill
02-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Second most stacked team in the league behind the Cavs

imnew09
02-06-2015, 04:15 PM
squad is too inexperienced. correct me if i'm wrong but if ever they reach the finals, it would be the first time for all of the players.

Da fu.. Still too inexperienced? -__-

T_L_P
02-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Even without Bogut they have no excuses, tbh.

fpliii
02-06-2015, 04:24 PM
I will go into full on meltdown mode if they don't win it all.
They've grown on me a bit. Really hoping Bogut is 100% healthy. Not that they're not awesome without him (they are), but I want to see this team play to its full potential in the West playoffs.

If this team wins it all, I think it's going to alter the NBA landscape, as well as the team-building paradigm. We've already had teams who shot the three well and employed spacing in the mid-90s, and teams that relied on the three as a legitimate weapon in the past few years (every team since Dallas, at the least). Now we're going to have a team actually built around the three (obviously they're much more than that, don't get me wrong) if GS can pull it off.

Would have far-reaching implications for sure.

fpliii
02-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Even without Bogut they have no excuses, tbh.
Bogut isn't their best player, but I think he is the linchpin. He puts the team above you guys IMO (though you've been playing great ball as of late).

T_L_P
02-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Bogut isn't their best player, but I think he is the linchpin. He puts the team above you guys IMO (though you've been playing great ball as of late).

Definitely. I've said he's their 2nd most valuable player before.

But Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Green/Lee/Barnes with that coaching staff should still be a 'win or bust' team. That's a top 3 MVP contender, another in the top 10, and the best non-PF/C defensive player in the league.

I like our chances against Golden State though. Even with their insane record, I'd still rather play them than Houston, OKC and Memphis.

Practice?
02-06-2015, 04:29 PM
2 players dropped 50+ this season. 2 All Star fken coming off bench... They have been to playoff before so no more excuses.
If they dont win it all this season, it got to be the most disappointing team of the century!

Who is their all-star off the bench?

bballnoob1192
02-06-2015, 04:31 PM

"inexperience" excuse will only matter in the west for the warriors. the east contenders are pretty inexperience outside of lebron and rose/gasol. the hawks/wizards/and raptors i would say are even more inexperience than the warriors especially if they make it out of the west. that will be a lot of adversity that they will have to go through to make the finals. just that would be more experience than most of the cakewalk east teams. Just think if they have to beat the Thunders in the first round. That's like playing the ECF in the first round.

Dengness9
02-06-2015, 04:31 PM
I'm pulling for GSW out of the west no doubt. Dubs brand of bball is currently the most effective and most entertaining.

If the Thunder end up 8th that could be disastrous or close to it. In the east it would be like ATL getting Miami in the first round if they finished 8th but had a healthy Wade/Bosh/Deng/Whiteside foursome going into the playoffs.

sportjames23
02-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Second most stacked team in the league behind the Cavs

:biggums:

imnew09
02-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Who is their all-star off the bench?

:facepalm :facepalm

Iggy and Lee

you putting the 2015 Draft to shame man

ClipperRevival
02-06-2015, 04:38 PM
When you got Iggy, Speights, Lee and Livingston coming off the bench along with their perfectly blended mix of starters, you know you got a stacked team. Their bench players could start for a lot of teams.

A guy like Green gets overlooked by the general public but he's the type of guy who can fill up the stat sheets and help you win games. I'm a Clip fan so I saw first hand in last year's playoffs how good of a defender he was. Blake was killing D. Lee in the post the first 2 games and when Green started guarding him, the complexion of the entire series changed. C

IncarceratedBob
02-06-2015, 04:52 PM
People forget Iggy is a 20/5/5 player with elite defense

Bogut is a top shelf center

Harrison Barnes was considered the next LeBron James just a couple of years ago

David Lee is easy 20/10 if he was more involved.

Dengness9
02-06-2015, 05:04 PM
While both effective still, who's more washed up, Lee or Iggy?

GOBB
02-06-2015, 07:03 PM
People forget Iggy is a 20/5/5 player with elite defense

License and registration please. Can I ask you to step out the car sir.

http://www.lifeguardbreathtester.com/Images/breath_test_200x200.jpg

Harrison Barnes was considered the next LeBron James just a couple of years ago

And he's proven thats nowhere near accurate like a drunk trying to piss in a toilet

IncarceratedBob
02-06-2015, 07:05 PM
License and registration please. Can I ask you to step out the car sir.

http://www.lifeguardbreathtester.com/Images/breath_test_200x200.jpg

And he's proven thats nowhere near accurate like a drunk trying to piss in a toilet
The last time Iggy was given the chance to shine, 2008, he had 20/5/5 with elite defense. Is you ignorant?

GOBB
02-06-2015, 07:21 PM
The last time Iggy was given the chance to shine, 2008, he had 20/5/5 with elite defense. Is you ignorant?

He was 24 in a contract year. Now he's 31 and you're telling me 7 years later he is still the 20-5-5 he once (emphasis on that) was? Ok :roll:

Initially I thought your post was being sarcastic. So I started to delete mine. Now I see you really feel this way. Hilarious.

Edit: Iggy last season here we had Jrue Holiday, Lou Williams, old man Brand and Thad Young. Why couldn't Iggy do 20-5-5 considering our leading scorer that season was a 6th man (Lou)

IncarceratedBob
02-06-2015, 07:28 PM
He was 24 in a contract year. Now he's 31 and you're telling me 7 years later he is still the 20-5-5 he once (emphasis on that) was? Ok :roll:

Initially I thought your post was being sarcastic. So I started to delete mine. Now I see you really feel this way. Hilarious.

Edit: Iggy last season here we had Jrue Holiday, Lou Williams, old man Brand and Thad Young. Why couldn't Iggy do 20-5-5 considering our leading scorer that season was a 6th man (Lou)
31 is not old at all, he's closer to his peak IMO than he was in 08. If he was the first option on the Lakers right now you really don't think he could do 20/5/5 ? Maybe with good defense, not elite.

G0ATbe
02-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Most stacked team in the West but nowhere near Cavs level.

GOBB
02-06-2015, 07:54 PM
31 is not old at all, he's closer to his peak IMO than he was in 08. If he was the first option on the Lakers right now you really don't think he could do 20/5/5 ? Maybe with good defense, not elite.

5/5 and good defense yes. 20ppg? No, He's just not that kind of player. He would rather do 10 assists in a game before he scores 20. At his age he is very content with his approach. Too unselfish even with a team that lacks in talent. It wouldn't change.