PDA

View Full Version : That moment when OKC fans realize they traded the MVP for Martin*, Lamb and scrubs

YouGotServed
02-06-2015, 10:12 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/AchingFantasticAndeancondor.gif

*=indicates 1 yr rental
Discuss.

Milbuck
02-06-2015, 10:15 PM
That moment when Houston fans realize their "MVP" is gonna lead them to a 1st round exit*

*=indicates 3rd season in a row

PejaTheSerbSnip
02-06-2015, 10:24 PM
^would still be a ridiculous trade lol

RightTwoCensor
02-06-2015, 10:29 PM
:yaohappy:

Rat Poyzen

Im so nba'd out
02-06-2015, 10:35 PM
That moment when you realize you're a milwaukee fan http://giant.gfycat.com/AchingFantasticAndeancondor.gif

RightTwoCensor
02-06-2015, 10:42 PM
That moment when you realize you're a milwaukee fan http://giant.gfycat.com/AchingFantasticAndeancondor.gif
You're on a roll!

:yaohappy:

Cocaine80s
02-06-2015, 10:47 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lexington Steel
02-06-2015, 10:51 PM
That moment when Houston fans realize their "MVP" is gonna lead them to a 1st round exit*

*=indicates 3rd season in a row
:roll:

Milby killing these nigas.

Milbuck
02-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Yeah, they madd :yaohappy:

Rockets still Lillard's toilet paper :oldlol:

YouGotServed
02-06-2015, 11:01 PM
That moment when Rockets fans realize they got the MVP for scrubs, lube and a bag of potato chips

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qwoc40E9TSk/TvUtmuuVHpI/AAAAAAAABgA/BvPgKtBNq94/s320/hbkdealwithit.gif

imdaman99
02-06-2015, 11:01 PM
That moment when Rockets fans realize Steven Adams won as many games in the 1st round alone last year as Harden has led the Rockets to in his Houston playoff career :oldlol:

Milbuck
02-06-2015, 11:02 PM
That moment when Rockets fans realize Steven Adams won as many games in the 1st round alone last year as Harden has led the Rockets to in his Houston playoff career :oldlol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sh0tee
02-06-2015, 11:03 PM

http://i57.tinypic.com/243p8c8.gif

imnew09
02-06-2015, 11:03 PM
That moment when Rocket fans realized they gave a max to an injured "super Teddy Bear"

Lebronxrings
02-06-2015, 11:05 PM
:lol :banana:

YouGotServed
02-06-2015, 11:19 PM
That moment when Harden haters realize he's the MVP and Houston 3rd in the West

RightTwoCensor
02-06-2015, 11:21 PM
That moment when Harden haters realize he's the MVP and Houston 3rd in the West

http://media.tumblr.com/e16dd16f4de841b391f118f72714a54e/tumblr_inline_nbat9kBEXc1satqni.gif

#KingJamesMVP

Practice?
02-06-2015, 11:22 PM
3 MVP caliber players on 1 team. What a massive fvck up.

SugarHill
02-06-2015, 11:22 PM
this wade gif cracking me up

iamgine
02-06-2015, 11:56 PM
People don't realize Harden wouldn't become MVP Harden in OKC. 6th MOTY at best. And they're supposed to pay a lot for that?

YouGotServed
02-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Bump

Lebronxrings
02-07-2015, 02:02 PM
lol

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 02:03 PM
People don't realize Harden wouldn't become MVP Harden in OKC. 6th MOTY at best. And they're supposed to pay a lot for that?

Don't be naive you stupid bitch.

ArbitraryWater
02-07-2015, 02:04 PM

:roll: :roll:

RoseCity07
02-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Same reaction can be posted for Rocket's fans when they realize they keep getting all this talent and it never works. Dwight is done. JoshSmithlol

First round exit again.

Lexington Steel
02-07-2015, 05:43 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

buddha
02-07-2015, 05:51 PM

why not? Harden would have stat padded it up when Goatbrook and Durant missed time this year.

KNOW1EDGE
02-07-2015, 05:56 PM
That moment when Houston fans realize they still won't get out of the 1st round of the playoffs so they attempt to troll OKC fans.

DMAVS41
02-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Injuries and Presti not making obvious moves the past 2 years have really ****ed over Thunder fans.

Especially in 13...WB doesn't go down and the Thunder are winning that title. The 13 Spurs and Heat are supremely over-rated here imo.

Young X
02-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Injuries and Presti not making obvious moves the past 2 years have really ****ed over Thunder fans.

Especially in 13...WB doesn't go down and the Thunder are winning that title. The 13 Spurs and Heat are supremely over-rated here imo.That's apart of what made that trade so bad. It eventually led to Westbrook's injury with Harden/Houston/Beverly making the playoffs. OKC in '13 with Harden wins the title IMO. Miami looked very beatable in the playoffs with Wade and Bosh struggling and OKC was very capable of beating the Spurs. 2013 was their year and they ****ed it up.

DMAVS41
02-07-2015, 06:26 PM
That's apart of what made that trade so bad. It eventually led to Westbrook's injury. OKC in '13 with Harden wins the title IMO. Miami looked very beatable in the playoffs with Wade and Bosh struggling and OKC was very capable of beating the Spurs. 2013 was their year and they ****ed it up.

What? You cannot blame the Harden trade on that fluke play by Beverly. Come on...

I totally agree they win if they are healthy, but you can't blame that on the trade.

It sucks because it's a combination of bad luck and just horrid moves by Presti after the trade. The WB injury was just bad luck, but last year relying on Fisher and Butler that much???? Just pathetic by Presti.

Then he goes out and gets Waiters....LOL...why? Another ball dominant player that can't shoot off the catch consistently...LOL

What is he doing with Reggie? Just trying to kill his value?

Last year they could have easily made a move for Afflalo or Meeks and I think they win the title. This year they should have made a different move and should be looking to move Perk for something that matters.

The Harden trade really wasn't the problem. It was the moves and bad luck of injuries that have cost them.

Also, I'm gonna need to see Harden actually do something in the playoffs before I start crowning him like this all time force like many have. Totally agree he's deserving of MVP talk with Curry, AD, and Lebron...and he might be playing the best ball out of anyone right now, but his playoff play leaves a lot to be desired.

He was awful in the 12 finals and he was hardly special in the 13 or 14 playoffs. Truthfully, in his last 3 series he's done very little to impress.

Genaro
02-07-2015, 06:30 PM
The moment Rockets fans find out Curry won the MVP

navy
02-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Why did Martin leave again? That was just weird.

Milbuck
02-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Also, I'm gonna need to see Harden actually do something in the playoffs before I start crowning him like this all time force like many have. Totally agree he's deserving of MVP talk with Curry, AD, and Lebron...and he might be playing the best ball out of anyone right now, but his playoff play leaves a lot to be desired.
Why does he have to? He wouldn't be the 1st option with OKC. Whether he proves himself to be a legitimate superstar and validates his MVP type RS this postseason or not, he is still a force as a 3rd option. And I would venture to say yes, on an all time level. I can't think of a 3rd option OTOH as good as current Harden. Even if he is totally underwhelming like he was in the 2014 playoffs, he is still far beyond what any star duo could ask for in a 3rd option...let alone unreal talents like Durant and Westbrook.

Young X
02-07-2015, 06:40 PM
What? You cannot blame the Harden trade on that fluke play by Beverly. Come on...

I totally agree they win if they are healthy, but you can't blame that on the trade.

It sucks because it's a combination of bad luck and just horrid moves by Presti after the trade. The WB injury was just bad luck, but last year relying on Fisher and Butler that much???? Just pathetic by Presti.

Then he goes out and gets Waiters....LOL...why? Another ball dominant player that can't shoot off the catch consistently...LOL

What is he doing with Reggie? Just trying to kill his value?

Last year they could have easily made a move for Afflalo or Meeks and I think they win the title. This year they should have made a different move and should be looking to move Perk for something that matters.

The Harden trade really wasn't the problem. It was the moves and bad luck of injuries that have cost them.

He was awful in the 12 finals and he was hardly special in the 13 or 14 playoffs. Truthfully, in his last 3 series he's done very little to impress.Houston very likely does not make the playoffs without Harden...

And even with his struggles in the playoffs you can't tell me he wouldn't be an upgrade over who OKC has had surrounding KD/Westbrook from '13-'15. Their chances in the playoffs were clearly greater with him.

Don't know why people have such a hard time admitting it was a bad trade, it was.

YouGotServed
02-07-2015, 06:42 PM
A lot of jimmies have been rustled. Keep the replies coming.

BlazerRed
02-07-2015, 08:54 PM
This thread :biggums:

Dragic4Life
02-08-2015, 07:52 AM
I'm cool with all these banters.

But Houston fans, fk off with calling Harden King.

Lebron is King James.

iamgine
02-08-2015, 08:02 AM
why not? Harden would have stat padded it up when Goatbrook and Durant missed time this year.
Sure and when they're back he's back to being 6th man.

fiddy
02-08-2015, 08:18 AM
first round
op=fat fgt
/thread

Dragic4Life
02-08-2015, 08:22 AM
first round
op=fat fgt
/thread
retireBe fans still thinking they're relevant.:oldlol:

brantonli
02-08-2015, 08:57 AM

Hindsight 20/20 and all that, but when Durant and westbrook went down earlier this season, they sure could've used a James Harden to carry them through that tough stretch and would be in the playoff seedings rather than fighting the Sun's for it.

QuebecBaller
02-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Why did Martin leave again? That was just weird.

OKC probably didn't want to spend many dollars on him and the Wolves had a better offer

OnFire
02-08-2015, 09:26 AM

People don't realize that he will play like 3 less mins coming off the bench, even if he was, he'd be playing against the #2's, and get super mins with Westbrook and Durant injuries I wouldn't be suprised if he'd have averaged the same 36mins per game in OKC this year but with better numbers.

iamgine
02-08-2015, 09:38 AM
People don't realize that he will play like 3 less mins coming off the bench, even if he was, he'd be playing against the #2's, and get super mins with Westbrook and Durant injuries I wouldn't be suprised if he'd have averaged the same 36mins per game in OKC this year but with better numbers.
:oldlol: look at his OKC # playing against #2s

OnFire
02-08-2015, 09:47 AM
:oldlol: look at his OKC # playing against #2s

What am I supposed to be laughing at?

He improved every year, finishing with 17/4/4 on way better shooting.

So ignoring that he would still continue to improve in that roll...and ignoring that he may get a few extra mins at the minimum....

. good for him.. he went to Houston and is shooting 7 times more per game to make 2 more shots. He's still not leading Houston to a title. lol @ houston fans acting like they forgot at the beginning of the season they were talking Title...

iamgine
02-08-2015, 09:53 AM
What am I supposed to be laughing at?

He improved every year, finishing with 17/4/4 on way better shooting.

So ignoring that he would still continue to improve in that roll...and ignoring that he may get a few extra mins at the minimum....

. good for him.. he went to Houston and is shooting 7 times more per game to make 2 more shots. He's still not leading Houston to a title. lol @ houston fans acting like they forgot at the beginning of the season they were talking Title...
At least now we know you're trolling :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
02-08-2015, 09:54 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1132647/kupchak-pain2.gif

that moment when you realize you signed dwert

OnFire
02-08-2015, 09:59 AM
At least now we know you're trolling :roll:

Awww made you're argument look stupid... TROLL TROLL MUST BE TROLL

Why would he not be starting in OKC first of all? He would be. Can't beat out Lamb? ok then..

So you think Hardens skill magically freeze at his 3rd year level if he never leaves OKC? Doubt it.

So you think he wouldn't be averaging more than 31mpg in OKC this year? Surely he would.

He wasn't more efficient in OKC? check

Maybe you should back up your opinion instead of just a 1 liner and call someone else a troll.

Maybe you are the troll

And I hate both teams.

OnFire
02-08-2015, 10:04 AM
still

OKC+Harden > OKC - Harden > Houston + Harden > Houston - Harden

LeJohn Janes
02-08-2015, 10:22 AM
The opportunity to have a big 3 that they drafted for themselves playing together for 10+ years and winning multiple championships has gone.

Now they'll end up tanking in a few years when Durant leaves and hoping for a good draft pick despite the fact that there's a good chance they picked 3 future MVP's back-to-back-to-back. :lol

Just put the franchise out of its misery and send it back to Seattle.

BuffaloBill
02-08-2015, 10:28 AM

BuffaloBill
02-08-2015, 10:28 AM
The moment Rockets fans find out Curry won the MVP

DMAVS41
02-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Houston very likely does not make the playoffs without Harden...

And even with his struggles in the playoffs you can't tell me he wouldn't be an upgrade over who OKC has had surrounding KD/Westbrook from '13-'15. Their chances in the playoffs were clearly greater with him.

Don't know why people have such a hard time admitting it was a bad trade, it was.

And he could have gotten hurt earlier with Harden on the team. I'm saying that is a silly argument and so random that you can't account for that in a real way. A fluke injury is just such...could have happened in about a million circumstances with and without Harden.

But I don't think it was a bad trade though...it has nothing to do with admitting anything. Do you really not remember all the chemistry issues dating back to 2011 about pulling WB late in games in favor of Harden? Like...why do so many of you ignore that?

There were legit issues with Harden and WB on and off the court. Not only that but having 3 ball dominant perimeter players with only one of them being a good defender is hardly ideal...especially when you are going to run Perk at center.

Your depth will be non existent as well with 4 guys making roughly 90% of the cap.

Also, why do people ignore how much better the Thunder were in 13 vs 12?

12 = 2nd best offense and 11th best defense
13 = best offense and 4th best defense

You simply can't ignore that....that trade gave the Thunder more depth and far more flexibility and it allowed WB, Durant, and Ibaka to play far closer to their optimal levels.

What has killed the Thunder the last 2 to 3 years has not been that trade. It's been injuries (WB in 13 and Ibaka in 14) and terrible moves by Presti.

You simply can't rely on Fisher and Butler and Perkins to play a combined 60 minutes a game in the playoffs and think you are winning the title. Presti dropped the ball hugely here and why you can't admit that is telling about your bias and agenda. He could have easily made a move for Afflalo or Meeks. He didn't and it cost them hugely.

You already saw him learn from that this year when he made the Waiters move. The problem is that he made the wrong move unless he moves Reggie before the deadline.

The Thunder basically need Avery Bradley. They need a quality shooter/defender at the guard position next to WB. I have no idea what Boston is thinking bout their team, but I wonder if they couldn't get Bradley with some form of Reggie, Perkins, and Lamb. Maybe the Celtics would be willing to do something like that if they can dump Gerald Wallace. I don't know, but that is the player the Thunder need. Then you bring Waiters off the bench in a role he's well suited for.

Something like....Reggie, Perk, Lamb, Smith, Garrett for Wallace, Bradley, Zeller.

Boston needs a future pg next to smart...and they get some good young talent, Perk's expiring deal, and shed the Wallace contract. Thunder get the exact player they need and a decent big that can play 15 to 20 minutes a game. They have to take on Wallace, but he expires after next year and it's worth it in my opinion to get the exact player they need.

WB, Bradley, Durant, Ibaka, Adams...with the ability to go small with Ibaka at center or Durant at the 4...with guys like Waiters/Morrow/Roberson/Jones/Zeller off the bench is way better than what they currently have.

That is the type of move Presti has the flexibility to do and he's wet the bed on these so far.

But, regardless of a move....the problems with this Thunder team the last 2 years has been fluke injuries, poor moves by Presti, and shit coaching from Brooks.

And even with all that...they were a couple plays away from taking the champs to game 7. You fix one of those 3 things and they probably win the title last year and the year before.

Having James Harden doesn't make Brooks a better coach. Having Harden certainly doesn't help prevent the WB or Ibaka injury. Having Harden certainly doesn't make them better defensively (the area they've clearly improved since Harden left)

Now, if the Thunder address the coach, are healthy, and make the right move and still lose...then I'll talk about this Harden trade in a different way.

But as it stands now...all I've seen is that the Thunder without him when healthy have just been a better team than they were with him.

T_L_P
02-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Rocket fans still melting down 9 months later.

What happened to the 'WCF lock'? :roll:

GimmeThat
02-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Westbrook + Perkins
for
Jrue Holiday + Tyreke Evans + Asik

Westbrook + Perkins
for
Cousins + Collison
or
Cousins + Sessions + Stauskas

Westbrook
for
Kemba Walker + Zeller + Stephenson

I do think that Jrue Holiday is better than Mo Williams

Let the Crucifixion begin!

DMAVS41
02-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Westbrook + Perkins
for
Jrue Holiday + Tyreke Evans + Asik

Westbrook + Perkins
for
Cousins + Collison
or
Cousins + Sessions + Stauskas

Westbrook
for
Kemba Walker + Zeller + Stephenson

I do think that Jrue Holiday is better than Mo Williams

Let the Crucifixion begin!

Why trade a top 5 player in the game?

Why not do this if you are going to make a move:

Reggie, Perk, Lamb, Smith, Jerrett for Bradley, Zeller, Wallace.

That would be hard for me to pass up if I was Boston...even if Reggie leaves. Just clearing house and getting rid of that Wallace contract would be worth it...but also gives you the chance at a Reggie/Smart backcourt for the future. Talk about dynamite duo for the next 8 years...

Then you'd have nice players in Sullinger and Olynk around them....while adding 3 guys in Lamb, Smith, Jerrett that all have potential...and have basically unlimited cap this summer. Seriously...I think they'd have like 23 million on the books for next year if they made that move.

Sign Reggie and they go out and make some solid signings and you have the real makings of a quality team in the East with loads of upside with all of your players being 24 or under.

For the Thunder. I can't really think of a better player next to WB and Durant than Bradley. He can make open threes and is an elite perimeter defender. WB and Bradley would ****ing drive opposing guards nuts. It allows you to play Waiters in a role he's well suited for also. Zeller isn't great, but he's on a good contract and he's definitely capable of playing 15 or so minutes in a backup role. Taking on Wallace for next year sucks, but he is an expiring this summer so there would be potential trades out there.

YouGotServed
02-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Bump.

MVP with 45 points. He scored at will. :lol

Graviton
02-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Bump.

MVP with 45 points. He scored at will. :lol
Who won the game?

You Cant Ban Me
02-08-2015, 10:47 PM
:mad:
that moment when kobe tears his achilles tendon in half

http://thenewsportsguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/KobeInjuredWarriors.gif

o wait im doing it wrong :roll:

(kobetards faces right now) https://i.imgur.com/B9Qs3Ed.gif

Mr Exlax
02-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Who won the game?

You do realize that it's a team game right? Even in a loss, nobody on the team that beat his outperformed him. A loss tonight still doesn't take anything away from the classless point that OP is making.

russwest0
02-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Harden the MVP over Westbrook, Curry, Davis, or the Hawks starting five :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm done

SamuraiSWISH
02-08-2015, 11:12 PM
OKC should've traded Westbrook, and kept Harden. Oh, and fired Brooks.

masonanddixon
02-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Let's be honest. Harden is far too good to be a third option/bench player. There was no way he could or would have stayed in OKC long term.

YouGotServed
02-08-2015, 11:35 PM
Who won the game?

http://i.imgur.com/lhiGxzN.png

http://i.imgur.com/29Xmsza.jpg

Droid101
02-08-2015, 11:37 PM
actual garbage
Wow, so strange that a team that didn't have their two best players playing forever has less wins. How incredibly odd.

Heavincent
02-08-2015, 11:38 PM
OKC should've amnestied Perkins and kept Harden. Oh, and fired Brooks.

Fixed.

Graviton
02-08-2015, 11:42 PM

?

http://i62.tinypic.com/14o4tw0.png

http://i.imgur.com/mf1KpzP.gif

RightTwoCensor
02-08-2015, 11:52 PM

Killing'em softly.

http://media.tumblr.com/e16dd16f4de841b391f118f72714a54e/tumblr_inline_nbat9kBEXc1satqni.gif

LoneyROY7
02-08-2015, 11:54 PM
I like Harden, but it's gonna be real funny watching YGS and RTC go ghost if Houston gets knocked out early again. :lol

YouGotServed
02-08-2015, 11:56 PM
That moment when Rocket fans realize OKC fans now jumping on the Hawks bandwagon

http://i.imgur.com/1iYVIxv.gif

RightTwoCensor
02-09-2015, 12:00 AM
That moment when Rocket fans realize OKC fans now jumping on the Hawks bandwagon

http://i.imgur.com/1iYVIxv.gif
https://33.media.tumblr.com/c3c5cdbbee73526a35caf7cf6fd35e34/tumblr_mg0yftsKtQ1qdgjtqo1_500.gif

Droid101
02-09-2015, 12:02 AM
The rockets lost and look at these idiots. Jesus christ. Imagine how unbearably stupid these morons are when they win.

Milbuck
02-09-2015, 12:02 AM
I like Harden, but it's gonna be real funny watching YGS and RTC go ghost if Houston gets knocked out early again. :lol
My favorite from last playoffs

http://oi62.tinypic.com/107j5g9.jpg

Lexington Steel
02-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Portland absolutely owns Houston.

Gratata.

LoneyROY7
02-09-2015, 12:08 AM

:oldlol:

Eric Cartman
02-09-2015, 12:19 AM
Portland just gave Harden a preview of what's gonna happen in the playoffs.

YouGotServed
02-09-2015, 12:27 AM

To whoever took their time to make this. Rent free.

Graviton
02-09-2015, 12:53 AM

http://i60.tinypic.com/v3its4.gif

YouGotServed
02-09-2015, 01:53 AM
YGS stays living rent free. Keep the replies coming.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img197/2681/ecdz.png

YouGotServed
02-11-2015, 12:05 AM
40 points, 12 rbds, 9 assists, 3 stls for the MVP

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img338/7520/q9amn.png

YouGotServed
04-01-2015, 10:33 PM

imdaman99
04-01-2015, 10:34 PM
That moment when Harden gets out of the 1st round :oldlol:

BlakFrankWhite
04-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Ok ok we've admitted it a dozen times it was a mistake.

RightToCensor
04-01-2015, 10:41 PM

RightTwoCensor
04-01-2015, 10:42 PM

Fallen Angel
04-01-2015, 10:45 PM