PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Embiid has shed the weight he gained

Ariza4three
02-06-2015, 11:16 PM
http://instagram.com/p/yvBNKTTcMS/
if he ever gained any in the first place

GOBB
02-07-2015, 05:09 PM
He was never 300 or close to it. 275 is more reasonable at the max he put on.

lilteapot
02-07-2015, 05:15 PM
He definitely did put on weight.

gts
02-07-2015, 05:20 PM
NBA season has that effect on guys

Ariza4three
02-07-2015, 05:21 PM
NBA season has that effect on guys
he hasn't played a game this season..

gts
02-07-2015, 05:25 PM
he hasn't played a game this season..
duh... i was thinking Victor O.. Watching the game last night i was noticing he lost that baby fat in his face or something, looked less like a kid than he did a year ago

Ariza4three
02-07-2015, 05:38 PM
duh... i was thinking Victor O.. Watching the game last night i was noticing he lost that baby fat in his face or something, looked less like a kid than he did a year ago
he still needs to lose weight. not the reason he played like shit last night, but he lost like 30 lbs over the offseason but probably gained some of it back when he got injured. dude is such a fatass i can't believe it.

J Shuttlesworth
02-07-2015, 05:40 PM
How many calories do players burn playing an NBA game? Any data on this?

HomieWeMajor
02-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Looks like he went on that Africa diet :applause:

MP.Trey
02-07-2015, 06:04 PM
What a terrible post up by Nerlens. No wonder his offensive game looks like shit if that's what he's doing in practice? Step back fade-away 19 footer from the corner? Not your shot. :facepalm

GOBB
02-07-2015, 06:12 PM
What a terrible post up by Nerlens. No wonder his offensive game looks like shit if that's what he's doing in practice? Step back fade-away 19 footer from the corner? Not your shot. :facepalm

:rolleyes:

Meticode
02-07-2015, 06:18 PM
How many calories do players burn playing an NBA game? Any data on this?
0. They replenish the calories by drinking shitty Gatorade.

MP.Trey
02-07-2015, 06:23 PM
:rolleyes:
Pretty terrible shot, you'd kick yourself if you saw him take that in a game, would you not? Then I wouldn't want him developing those habits in practice, either.

Can't sing this guy's praises enough on the defensive end but his shot selection and offensive repertoire leaves a lot to be desired. This is why Philly needs a couple vets to help these guys get in the right mindset.

sammichoffate
02-07-2015, 06:26 PM
How many calories do players burn playing an NBA game? Any data on this?Upwards of at least 1500, 2000 wouldn't surprise me
http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist.htm

Cocaine80s
Must be scary as hell for the coaches watching these two practice with each other

IGOTGAME

prob the only shot he can off over Embiid

GOBB
02-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Pretty terrible shot, you'd kick yourself if you saw him take that in a game, would you not? Then I wouldn't want him developing those habits in practice, either.

Can't sing this guy's praises enough on the defensive end but his shot selection and offensive repertoire leaves a lot to be desired. This is why Philly needs a couple vets to help these guys get in the right mindset.

Noel was never drafted for his offense. He's never taken a shot like that in a real game. When he faces up its mostly to try and take his man off the dribble to the hole. He's really quick but the issue is he is so raw offensively his finishing move isnt that good. Yeah his offense leaves a lot to be desired but realistically ask yourself this. Do you foresee Noel ever being much of an offensive player? Think about it. His game is rim protector, weak side help defender, at times perimeter defender as he has long arms but is also has lateral quickness and rebounding. A guy like him at his very best I only see avg 13-14ppg.

I'm just rolling my eyes because we dont even know what Noel vs Embiid were doing. It very well could have been them playing around or a loose shoot around session before practice. Or maybe they asked Noel to make sharp moves to test Embiid foot? As you saw he made a quick reaction when Noel did a step back. I honestly don't know I just think you're reading into this video way too much.

Noel game 1 vs Noel game 51 is a big difference. He's really improved.

prob the only shot he can off over Embiid

Yeah, I mean his only other move is to try and take Embiid off the dribble and throw up a hook shot of some sort. Not like he can back down or post up Embiid. That is a fail.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-07-2015, 07:23 PM
What happens if the Sixers land the first pic? Trade down or draft Okafor?

GOBB
02-07-2015, 07:23 PM
What happens if the Sixers land Okafor?

That would be awesome. How is that an issue? So many options if they landed him.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-07-2015, 07:26 PM
That would be awesome. How is that an issue? So many options if they landed him.
Trade Embiid?

IGOTGAME
02-07-2015, 07:27 PM

Exactly...tons of options. You always want options.

Springsteen
02-07-2015, 07:28 PM
What happens if the Sixers land the first pic? Trade down or draft Okafor?

Mudiay.

IGOTGAME
02-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Mudiay.

you draft the best player available(Okafor or Mudiay) and make it work down the road.

GOBB
02-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Trade Embiid?

Why? No way. You have Okafor and people will ring your phone non stop like a female who you had sex with and got her sprung. If there is another prospect you like in the draft say Deangelo Russell? Perhaps trade back 1-2 spots to get him, plus acquire whatever host of assets a team is willing to offer for the consensus #1 pick in Okafor. I cant sit here and say what exactly. Trade options are open. If you don't like what is being offered? Keep Okafor. Embiid/Noel imo can play Center an PF. Okafor is a Center 24/7 365. Nothing wrong with an Okafor at Center, Embiid at PF, Noel coming off the bench to relieve either. Okafor/Embiid/Noel rotation is pretty nice. Much better than Noel/Mbah a moute/Sims no?

Sixers will be drafting lottery next season. not top 5 lottery like last season/this season. But in that 8-12 range no doubt. They got time to add more talent/assets while figuring it out. We not competing in the NBA Finals next season. If a team wants Okafor, Embiid (I'm looking at him as our pot franchise honestly despite injury), Noel you going to have to let me have unprotected sex with your daughter in your bed for starters. In short, they aren't for cheap.

That is my thinking and I hope it is the Sixers thinking as well.

you draft the best player available(Okafor or Mudiay) and make it work down the road.

Altho I like Russell over Mudiay but wouldn't be mad at having Mudiay. I totally agree. Take BPA and make it work down the road.

AI09
02-07-2015, 08:00 PM
If heat miss playoffs we could possibly get another lottery pick this year 10-12 range.
If they make 7th or 8th seed we get 15th or 16th pick

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-07-2015, 11:38 PM
sixers will be making the playoffs next season.

chocolatethunder
02-08-2015, 12:56 AM
sixers will be making the playoffs next season.
No. Season after that they will for sure though.

chips93
02-08-2015, 08:35 AM

the only way it becomes his shot is by shooting it in practice

MP.Trey
02-08-2015, 09:37 AM
the only way it becomes his shot is by shooting it in practice
I'm just saying that's not the shot I want to see him working on. I'd rather him focus on making open 14 footers or hook shots not stepback fades from near the three point line. That's a a bad shot no matter if it's your star SG or defensive minded C.

A bit of an overreaction from me considering I'm sure it's hard to move Embiid and he only started the post up like 16 feet away from the basket, but he should still be able to get a better shot than that. I have had Noel, K.J. and/or Hollis on my fantasy team at one time or another so I watch more Sixers games than I care to admit, and watch Noel miss easy shots and take a lot of questionable ones and throw in a bad pass or two and the frustration starts to grow. He has been a lot better as of late though, in terms of taking better shots, I'll give him that.