PDA

View Full Version : CP3 fined 25,000

longhornfan1234
02-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Clippers Chris Paul fined $25,000 for criticizing officiating in loss to Cavs, NBA says.

https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

:facepalm

sportjames23
02-07-2015, 12:49 PM
SMH

DMV2
02-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Because he referred to a female referee as "she"?

:biggums:

Akhenaten
02-07-2015, 01:10 PM

No because he criticized the officiating, you criticize officials you get fined, been like that for a while now.

Hey Yo
02-07-2015, 01:17 PM
After the Cavs game last, LeBron said 2x that there were some bad calls made so I would expect him to also get fined.

At least he should.

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 01:21 PM
No because he criticized the officiating, you criticize officials you get fined, been like that for a while now.

What ever happened to freedom of speech?

I thought America fought to preserve power of opinion.

jlip
02-07-2015, 01:23 PM

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/564088829943234560

"Re: Chris Paul, that's the normal league sanction for criticizing an official -- regardless of the ref. Nothing extra punitive"

Dragic4Life
02-07-2015, 01:27 PM
After the Cavs game last, LeBron said 2x that there were some bad calls made so I would expect him to also get fined.

At least he should.
Not everything is about Lebron idiot.

Marchesk
02-07-2015, 02:14 PM

Is Chris Paul going to jail? He's free to say whatever he likes. His employer is free to fine him for it.

KNOW1EDGE
02-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Damn. What a fuhcking joke.

The NBA sure is a joke.

Good job

UK2K
02-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Clippers Chris Paul fined $25,000 for criticizing femaleofficiating in loss to Cavs, NBA says.

https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

:facepalm

Fixed it for you.

Fact is, what he said didn't sound like anything out of the ordinary. What did he really say? That he didn't deserve the technical? That's fair, he probably didn't and he said why. That's not criticizing when someone asks you what happened.

gts
02-07-2015, 03:19 PM

this...

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Is Chris Paul going to jail? He's free to say whatever he likes. His employer is free to fine him for it.

What if they fine him $300,000?

His employeers is free to fine him.

Still think it's fair, especially since Chris Paul was 100% right?

What is it that we want, shady, untruthful people, maybe some heavy handed sarcasm (ex. Oh yeah that was a reaaaaalllyyyyyy good call, she's the best ref in the NBA I'd be soooooooo happy if she reffed all of our remaining games, I TOTALLY deserved a technical for that, no make it 3 technicals and a 15 game suspension.

I personally their real input and emotions on particular subjects, not this politically correct bullsh*t.

No wonder Marshaw lynch does his thing during interviews, the media and the general public is f*cking absurdly retarded.

Practice?
02-07-2015, 03:49 PM
Not surprising.

SpecialQue
02-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Surprised this soft-ass league didn't force him to attend sensitivity classes.

CP343
02-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Worth it. It was terrible reffing.

navy
02-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Not sure what people are complaining about. This was a standard fine, male or female.

magictricked
02-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Not sure what people are complaining about. This was a standard fine, male or female. This is not new good call or bad call man or woman you diss the refs afterwards you get fined

KNOW1EDGE
02-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Nobody is saying this is "new"

We are saying it is ridiculous

He didn't say anything bad. He didn't insult her. He was critical. Kind of how the media is critical of players and coaches without being fined.

It's a joke. Period.

No reason CP3 should have gotten a tech and no reason that he should have been fined for his respectful honesty. He didn't call her names, he wasnt rude, he simply stated his opinion in a respectful manner.

clipps
02-07-2015, 06:56 PM
When are the rest of the Clipper players gonna get fined for playing like bunch of gaping ******s. They are an embarrassment to watch. They make me want to puke.

Derka
02-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Nobody is saying this is "new"

We are saying it is ridiculous

He didn't say anything bad. He didn't insult her. He was critical. Kind of how the media is critical of players and coaches without being fined.

It's a joke. Period.

No reason CP3 should have gotten a tech and no reason that he should have been fined for his respectful honesty. He didn't call her names, he wasnt rude, he simply stated his opinion in a respectful manner.

And in stating his opinion, he broke a rule that states the NBA can fine players for criticizing officiating. Since the players agreed to these rules, its completely and totally fair. Its not ridiculous at all; its what the players agreed to.

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 07:05 PM
And in stating his opinion, he broke a rule that states the NBA can fine players for criticizing officiating. Since the players agreed to these rules, its completely and totally fair. Its not ridiculous at all; its what the players agreed to.

You are insane if you can without a doubt say if something is fair, especially in this particular case which is a matter of an opinion.

Also, players don't have as much power as the owners, so come negotiations time they are f*cked on trivial things such as these.

Derka
02-07-2015, 07:20 PM
You are insane if you can without a doubt say if something is fair, especially in this particular case which is a matter of an opinion.

Also, players don't have as much power as the owners, so come negotiations time they are f*cked on trivial things such as these.

Its not about the player having an opinion. It couldn't matter less if the player has an opinion about anything; he just can't run to the media and voice it publicly without getting fined for it. End of discussion. Coaches and GMs can be fined for this, as well.

Everyone at the negotiating table agreed that this is the way it was gonna be which is why players and coaches never appeal these fines. By any objective standard, that is completely fair. You not liking the rule doesn't make it unfair.

JohnFreeman
02-07-2015, 07:22 PM
I hate that ref, but I hate the Clippers more

KNOW1EDGE
02-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Derka I understand the NBAs rules.

My point is that their rules are ridiculous.

It is ridiculous to fine a player for RESPECTFULLY voicing his opinion about a horrible call by a rookie ref. I understand that is the rules in the NBA, my point is that it is a stupid af rule. Especially in this case, when CP3 shouldn't have been given a tech, AND he was extremely calm and respectful when the media asked him about it and he answered.

Chris said nothing inappropriate or offensive and it's not fair to fine him.

gts
02-07-2015, 07:59 PM
CP3 was far from respectful.. be it man or woman you don't question their being a NBA ref, you don't suggest maybe being an NBA ref is not right for them

Saying something like I think it was a bad call, I don't agree with it is being respectful

Suggesting they are not right for the job is unprofessional on his part...

These refs spend years in the D league, in this refs case 6 years in the D league and several coaching NCAA including the big tournaments.

like I said earlier, I don't have a problem, I don't think it's sexist like some are saying but he did cross a line when he made it personal and he should be fined if only because so many before him have been fined for far less and the NBA has drawn a clear line in the sand that players and coaches cannot cross

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 08:06 PM
It was just after an intense game, reporters are showing microphones and voice recorders in his face, asking him questions to get a reaction out of him, and he gets fine when he gives out an honest reaction, maybe interview them the day after the game, not right after when emotions are high cause God forbid you got a reaction of a human being with feelings.

The Media takes a shit on players all the time, making fun of them and ridiculing them, but now when the players says something even remotely critical (which is 100000% true) he gets fine?

He should've went all Darko on their ass, then at least they would've had a reason to fine him.

iamgine
02-07-2015, 08:17 PM
What if they fine him $300,000?

His employeers is free to fine him.

Still think it's fair, especially since Chris Paul was 100% right?

What is it that we want, shady, untruthful people, maybe some heavy handed sarcasm (ex. Oh yeah that was a reaaaaalllyyyyyy good call, she's the best ref in the NBA I'd be soooooooo happy if she reffed all of our remaining games, I TOTALLY deserved a technical for that, no make it 3 technicals and a 15 game suspension.

I personally their real input and emotions on particular subjects, not this politically correct bullsh*t.

No wonder Marshaw lynch does his thing during interviews, the media and the general public is f*cking absurdly retarded.
$300k is clearly not ok because that's not standard. They are not free to fine him that much.

You appreciate it, but the NBA doesn't.

What we want and what their employer wants are sometimes different.

It's not hard to understand.

kamil
02-07-2015, 08:19 PM
$25,000 fine for saying 'she' when most people don't make that much in an entire YEAR.

WTF.

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 08:36 PM
$300k is clearly not ok because that's not standard. They are not free to fine him that much.

You appreciate it, but the NBA doesn't.

What we want and what their employer wants are sometimes different.

It's not hard to understand.

The NBA might as well give them a script of what to say, or have a trained lecturer/pr guy address the media afterwards.

JT123
02-07-2015, 09:11 PM

At least he should.
There's a big difference between saying 2 plays weren't good calls and questioning whether an official even deserves their job. :rolleyes:

beastee
02-07-2015, 09:20 PM
All the female haters out in force defending that overrated POS. oh well, at least he has cliff paul to make him back that money assist.

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 09:27 PM
There's a big difference between saying 2 plays weren't good calls and questioning whether an official even deserves their job. :rolleyes:

After those calls, it's debatable if she should.

gts
02-07-2015, 09:33 PM
After those calls, it's debatable if she should. It's amazing isn't it? she's the first NBA ref to make a bad call... Frankly with the speed of the game I'm shocked that in the NBA's 60 plus years in existence it took this long for a ref to make a bad call and of all games to do it in, a game so closely contested that that one bad call could turn the game around

quit your whining meathead, he broke a long standing NBA rule and got fined, end of story

kamil
02-07-2015, 09:36 PM
All the female haters out in force defending that overrated POS. oh well, at least he has cliff paul to make him back that money assist.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/011/869/internet_white_knight_colored_4350.jpg

sportjames23
02-07-2015, 09:38 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/011/869/internet_white_knight_colored_4350.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 09:42 PM
It's amazing isn't it? she's the first NBA ref to make a bad call... Frankly with the speed of the game I'm shocked that in the NBA's 60 plus years in existence it took this long for a ref to make a bad call and of all games to do it in, a game so closely contested that that one bad call could turn the game around

quit your whining meathead, he broke a long standing NBA rule and got fined, end of story

While I appreciate your sarcasm, you can piss off.

Freedom of opinion is dead.

Asukal
02-07-2015, 09:48 PM
The NBA should just replace the players with robots because that's what they are turning them into. :facepalm

This game is becoming more and more pussified with each passing year. :facepalm

No wonder the best player is a queen. :oldlol:

JT123
02-07-2015, 10:00 PM
The NBA should just replace the players with robots because that's what they are turning them into. :facepalm

This game is becoming more and more pussified with each passing year. :facepalm

No wonder the best player is a queen. :oldlol:
I love how you went completely out of your way to bring up Lebron. :oldlol:
The insecurity is strong in you Jordan stans. :yaohappy:

sportjames23
02-07-2015, 10:03 PM
I love how you went completely out of your way to bring up Lebron. :oldlol:
The insecurity is strong in you Jordan stans. :yaohappy:

LOL, Bron stans have a persecution complex. :oldlol:

JT123
02-07-2015, 10:16 PM
LOL, Bron stans have a persecution complex. :oldlol:
Not really. It's just funny how posters like him, 3ball, and yourself are always claiming that Lebron can never even come close to MJ. If that is the case then why do you guys dedicate 80 percent of your posts to trying to diminish Lebron as a player? It's a clear sign of insecurity.
This would be the equivalent to myself and other Lebron fans dedicating most our posts to diminishing Rudy Gay. Of course we don't do this as we know that Rudy isn't in the same league as Lebron. You guys on the other hand are no where near as confident in Jordan's superiority as you claim to be. :lol

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Not really. It's just funny how posters like him, 3ball, and yourself are always claiming that Lebron can never even come close to MJ. If that is the case then why do you guys dedicate 80 percent of your posts to trying to diminish Lebron as a player? It's a clear sign of insecurity.
This would be the equivalent to myself and other Lebron fans dedicating most our posts to diminishing Rudy Gay. Of course we don't do this as we know that Rudy isn't in the same league as Lebron. You guys on the other hand are no where near as confident in Jordan's superiority as you claim to be. :lol

That's really hypocritical since you bran stans do non stop kobe bashing (yet claim that Lebron is way superior).

KNOW1EDGE
02-07-2015, 10:31 PM
The NBA: Where the media can harass and criticize players but players aren't allowed to answer their questions honestly and respectfully. :cheers:

This sh1t is an absolute joke and hypocrisy

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 10:37 PM
The NBA: Where the media can harass and criticize players but players aren't allowed to answer their questions honestly and respectfully. :cheers:

This sh1t is an absolute joke and hypocrisy

You are a smart man :applause:

JT123
02-07-2015, 10:42 PM
That's really hypocritical since you bran stans do non stop kobe bashing (yet claim that Lebron is way superior).
We don't claim Lebron is way superior, just superior. We bash Kobe because despite being an all time great talent, he is incredibly overrated, and is possibly the luckiest superstar in the history of the NBA in terms of having talent dropped in his lap from day 1. But mostly it's because of his POS stans are annoying as hell. :lol

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 10:48 PM
is possibly the luckiest superstar in the history of the NBA in terms of having talent dropped in his lap from day 1.

Magic had Kareem from day 1, playing in a shitty conference, with a top 5 of all time coach, and is constantly ranked ahead of Lebron on the all time rankings, still I don't see you complain like you do with Kobe.

sportjames23
02-07-2015, 10:51 PM

Bitch please. There's no doubt in anyone's mind about Lebron catching and/or surpassing MJ. That ship sailed long ago.

On the other hand, you Bron stans do go out of your way to put down Durant. Talk about insecurity. :oldlol:

JT123
02-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Magic had Kareem from day 1, playing in a shitty conference, with a top 5 of all time coach, and is constantly ranked ahead of Lebron on the all time rankings, still I don't see you complain like you do with Kobe.
That's because Magic played the game the right way. He wasn't a selfish glory hound who only wanted to win if he was the main reason his team won. We can't say that about Kobe. Kobe is one of the most skilled individual talents the game has ever seen, but just about every single one of his qualities is overrated. This includes his clutch ability, will to win (hero ball) and even shooting. 33% career 3 point shooter
But like I said, half the hate he gets is merely because of his shit head stans.

Solid Snake
02-07-2015, 11:50 PM

There's no such thing as "freedom of speech." You need to go read that amendment. All it says, is that a person can criticize the GOVERNMENT, without fear of RETALIATION.

That's it.

It doesn't apply to you being able to say what you want at work, in a store, on the streets, NONE OF THAT. It's ONLY protecting your ability to CRITICIZE THE GOVERNMENT.

Eric Cartman
02-07-2015, 11:56 PM
That's because Magic played the game the right way. He wasn't a selfish glory hound who only wanted to win if he was the main reason his team won. We can't say that about Kobe. Kobe is one of the most skilled individual talents the game has ever seen, but just about every single one of his qualities is overrated. This includes his clutch ability, will to win (hero ball) and even shooting. 33% career 3 point shooter
But like I said, half the hate he gets is merely because of his shit head stans.

Fair enough.

Completely different styles of play, still can appreciate both as all time greats.

Eric Cartman
02-08-2015, 12:34 AM
There's no such thing as "freedom of speech." You need to go read that amendment. All it says, is that a person can criticize the GOVERNMENT, without fear of RETALIATION.

That's it.

It doesn't apply to you being able to say what you want at work, in a store, on the streets, NONE OF THAT. It's ONLY protecting your ability to CRITICIZE THE GOVERNMENT.

Well, guess the United States are nothing more than a fascist hell-hole after all. Thanks for the insight Snake, very much appreciated.

kamil
02-08-2015, 12:47 AM

Irrelevant.

The problem with LeBron* stans is their delusions of him being greater than Jordan... 100% of the time. The 80% of Jordan stans time is being dedicated to putting these morons in their place.

D.J.
02-08-2015, 01:35 AM

That only applies from a legal standpoint. Legally, nothing can happen to him. He can't be arrested for what he says. What it doesn't protect him from is how his employer chooses to handle the matter.

24-Inch_Chrome
02-08-2015, 02:23 AM

That's it.

Wanna read the first amendment again?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The amendment protects people/the press from being limited by the government, which means that people have the right to say whatever they want about whoever/whatever they want. Part of that is the ability to criticize the government without the fear of reprisal but far more than just that is protected, something that is seen with regularity in American society.

I'm not American, so if I'm misinterpreting the first amendment please let me know...but it seems fairly straightforward to me.

dunksby
02-08-2015, 02:54 AM
Players talk to the press but the refs don't have that privilege, getting fined heavily for criticizing the refs happens in almost every sport.

iamgine
02-08-2015, 03:34 AM
The NBA might as well give them a script of what to say, or have a trained lecturer/pr guy address the media afterwards.
They could, but they want the players to talk.