PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brooks will never be fired, Perkins will never be amnestied

SpecialQue
02-07-2015, 02:36 PM
I keep seeing this come up, "Brooks needs to go," "they need to amnesty Perkins." It will never happen. That team has the cheapest owner since Sterling. You really think he's going to pay extra money? You're stuck with these ass-clowns until their contracts are up. Deal.

J Shuttlesworth
02-07-2015, 03:03 PM
And I love every second of it!

Rest in piss, the Servant!

Heavincent
02-07-2015, 03:12 PM
They essentially chose Perkins over Harden. No joke.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-07-2015, 03:16 PM
They can be successful with their current roster as is. They have already proven it over several seasons.

But I don't know how anyone can watch the Thunder play and think Brooks isn't a major problem. Furthermore, see the best teams in the NBA this season and not understand the importance of coaching.

SpecialQue
02-07-2015, 03:40 PM
They can be successful with their current roster as is. They have already proven it over several seasons.

But I don't know how anyone can watch the Thunder play and think Brooks isn't a major problem. Furthermore, see the best teams in the NBA this season and not understand the importance of coaching.

Everyone knows he's a problem. Is there anyone who actually defends Brooks as a coach and Perkins as a human being? But even if the crowd booed every time their names were mentioned pre-game, they're still gonna be there until their contract ends, because their owner is cheap as fvck. Hell, even Sterling started spending money eventually.

Practice?
02-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Never fired? So Brooks will be there until he decides to retire?

kurple
02-07-2015, 04:48 PM
Never fired? So Brooks will be there until he decides to retire?
well, they could just not extend him after this current contract is up

salwan
02-07-2015, 04:49 PM
They can build around perkins. Future MVP

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8aHVu4-COKc/VGJAij-tFmI/AAAAAAAAByo/5AWqshRYW8U/s1600/PERK.jpg

Genaro
02-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Perkins contract is over this year. The whole problem is actually Brooks. He plays Perkins a lot of minutes (considering his level of play) and I think that if he still there next year (likely as OP pointed out, OKC owner is cheap) Perkins will have his contract re signed.

BlazerRed
02-07-2015, 05:02 PM
I keep seeing this come up, "Brooks needs to go," "they need to amnesty Perkins." It will never happen. That team has the cheapest owner since Sterling. You really think he's going to pay extra money? You're stuck with these ass-clowns until their contracts are up. Deal.
Well said OP, totally agree. Repped :applause:

I've been telling everyone here that for a long time. Nikkas need to get over it and deal with it. Not happening.

Lebronxrings
02-07-2015, 05:16 PM
more excuses.

Thunderfan86
02-07-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm not defending Scott Brooks, but what else has the front office given him to work with. A bunch of one dimensional, role playing phagg0ts that ain't even that good at their particular role? They have a defense first mentality and it seems like they don't give a shit about generating offense outside of KD and Westbrook.

Bobcats2013
02-07-2015, 06:14 PM
They essentially chose Perkins over Harden. No joke.

and they're essentially choosing Brooks over Durant.

navy
02-07-2015, 06:16 PM
and they're essentially choosing Brooks over Durant.
If Kd wanted Brooks gone, he would be gone.

Derka
02-07-2015, 06:54 PM
Since Kendrick Perkins is a free agent after this season, it would be a pretty terrible use of an amnesty.

russwest0
02-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Perkins was literally the reason they lost last nights game and the reason they've lost so many others. Everyone jokes about his shitty offense but his defense is probably worse at this point. There's really no reason for him to even be in consideration for getting minutes but Brooks gonna Brooks.

Cocaine80s
02-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Perkins was literally the reason they lost last nights game and the reason they've lost so many others. Everyone jokes about his shitty offense but his defense is probably worse at this point. There's really no reason for him to even be in consideration for getting minutes but Brooks gonna Brooks.
didn't you retire from ish? :facepalm

russwest0
02-07-2015, 07:51 PM
didn't you retire from ish? :facepalm

When?

russwest0
02-07-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm not defending Scott Brooks, but what else has the front office given him to work with. A bunch of one dimensional, role playing phagg0ts that ain't even that good at their particular role? They have a defense first mentality and it seems like they don't give a shit about generating offense outside of KD and Westbrook.

A guy like Morrow is a perfect fit with their team and the starters but hardly ever even plays with them. Even last night Perkins got more minutes than him :oldlol:

Brooks is the main problem.

Inferno
02-07-2015, 08:12 PM
If Kd wanted Brooks gone, he would be gone.

KD's too beta to admit it

Thunderfan86
02-07-2015, 08:29 PM
KD's too beta to admit it
That would be really fvcked up if this was truly the case.

andremiller07
02-07-2015, 08:31 PM
People keep bringing up Perkins but seriously Adam's and Collison are just as shit.

navy
02-07-2015, 08:33 PM
People keep bringing up Perkins but seriously Adam's and Collison are just as shit.
Collison yes. Adams is a solid sophomore.

Lexington Steel
02-07-2015, 08:36 PM
This thread has so much backfire potential. :applause:

I love it.

keep-itreal
02-07-2015, 08:49 PM

His has ****ing Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, both top 10 players in the league and Scott Brooks needs more help??? :roll:

bdreason
02-07-2015, 11:21 PM
A small market team owned by a corporation is going to have a hard time winning a title... even if they managed to draft two of the top 15 players in the league.

NBA teams that are serious about winning titles will eat bad contracts and spend into the luxury tax. I don't see the Thunder doing either.

Thunderfan86
02-07-2015, 11:37 PM
His has ****ing Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, both top 10 players in the league and Scott Brooks needs more help??? :roll:
They have the wrong type of role players around KD and Westbrook. You absolutely know this is true....unless you haven't watched any of their games.

SpecialQue
02-07-2015, 11:52 PM
This thread has so much backfire potential. :applause:

I love it.

Please tell me how this thread could backfire. If, by some miracle, Brooks gets canned or Perkins gets amnestied?

BlazerRed
02-08-2015, 12:02 AM
Please tell me how this thread could backfire. If, by some miracle, Brooks gets canned or Perkins gets amnestied?
Well, Perkins is sure as hell not getting amnestied, as he's an expiring. That would be insanely stupid. The time for that was 3 years ago.