PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson leaving the Knicks?

Knicksfever2010
02-08-2015, 12:16 AM
http://fansided.com/2015/02/07/will-phil-jackson-leave-new-york-knicks/

navy
02-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Dude straight up fleeced the Knicks. :roll:

Knicksfever2010
02-08-2015, 12:24 AM
Dude straight up fleeced the Knicks. :roll:

Its a tie between him and Melo

navy
02-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Its a tie between him and Melo
At least Melo brings money in though.

dazzer87
02-08-2015, 12:30 AM
typical Phil.....jumping off the ship when its start sinking......GOAT

gts
02-08-2015, 12:38 AM
I'm sorry not a Knicks fan but that's really a stupid article...

Jackson is a smart man he knew exactly what the roster looked like, he knew exactly what type of players were on it and more importantly he knew that because of the financials he wouldn't be able to do squat in the first year... they're not even rebuilding yet because they haven't had the room to start the process

if he were to bolt it's not because the Knicks underperformed, only two reasons I can think of is because of health concerns or his relationship with Dolan has turned sour

Saying he'd leave because the team stinks is just dumb, basing an entire article off of a couple rumors is even dumber

bagelred
02-08-2015, 12:40 AM
Garbage article. It's speculation based on nothing.

kamil
02-08-2015, 12:49 AM
typical Phil.....jumping off the ship when its start sinking......GOAT

Doesn't matter. Dude went to NY for a simple paycheck. There's nothing he could have done to save the Knicks; the team is a disaster.

Spaulding
02-08-2015, 12:55 AM

Was just about to post this.

chocolatethunder
02-08-2015, 01:09 AM
I have no feelings good or bad about the Knicks but this guy is a moron and his "article" is hot garbage. What person who calls themselves a writer doesn't know that the idiom is on the lam not "not the lamb". I just don't understand shit like that. That dude's a fool and Jackson isn't going anywhere. After this Carmelo signing and the mess that he inherited in terms of their lack of first round picks (I know they have this years pick), it's going to take Phil probably four more years to turn this team around the right way.

D.J.
02-08-2015, 01:23 AM
God himself couldn't fix the Knicks. Phil realized that. He knew when he took the job it would take at least 2-3 years to get the Knicks back to where they should be. What can you do with a team that has no 1st round pick 2 out of 3 years, no true point, an overpaid scorer, a big no one wants with a huge contract, and a rookie coach? Phil wasn't expecting this team to win 45-50 games this year. They're 2-3 years away from that.

Collie
02-08-2015, 01:28 AM
Read it, closed it. All speculation without facts or even sources.

Why would Phil walk away from $12 million a year where he basically just sits back and watches games and gives a pep talk or two once a week?

kamil
02-08-2015, 03:03 AM
Read it, closed it. All speculation without facts or even sources.

Why would Phil walk away from $12 million a year where he basically just sits back and watches games and gives a pep talk or two once a week?

And exactly how does someone who does jack shit like that supposed help the knicks win games?